Alien Anthology BD $34 SHIPPED at Amazon UK

Jodou

Infamous
Feedback
12 (100%)
Alien Anthology

Price is lowered to £16.65 in your cart; shipping is about three pounds. Discs are region-free.

Note: the US version has considerably different packaging.
US:
61OTgGGM8%2BL.jpg

UK:
2jfnleb.jpg
dnbq7c.jpg

Thanks Raven6009!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jodou']Alien Anthology

Price is lowered to £16.65 in your cart; shipping is about three pounds. Discs are region-free.

Note: the US version has considerably different packaging.
US:
61OTgGGM8%2BL.jpg

UK:
61kgXYhd5XL.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I bumped the old deal thread on this item, but this thread has the new price in the heading, so I'll bump this one, too. :lol:

Thanks for the heads-up on the difference in packaging/materials, too ... at 34 bucks I couldn't care much either way. Both look fine, and I'm pretty sure I won't ever be re-selling or trading this.
EDIT: I guess the only thing to do now is hope that it doesn't take weeks to arrive like I've read about in the other A:A thread.

Yeah, I was going to bump the other thread as well but there was so much clutter it wasn't worth it.

I want to buy this so badly but the UK packaging is holding me back.

Tempted, but I hate the cumbersome UK packaging. I don't want to unfold all that crap everytime I want to get a disc out or put it back in.

Surely there will be a good deal on the US set eventually. Or even better they release the movies individually so I can just buy the first 2.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Tempted, but I hate the cumbersome UK packaging. I don't want to unfold all that crap everytime I want to get a disc out or put it back in.

Surely there will be a good deal on the US set eventually. Or even better they release the movies individually so I can just buy the first 2.[/QUOTE]

They are getting released as singles in the US in May.

I will only own Aliens.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Tempted, but I hate the cumbersome UK packaging. I don't want to unfold all that crap everytime I want to get a disc out or put it back in.

Surely there will be a good deal on the US set eventually. Or even better they release the movies individually so I can just buy the first 2.[/QUOTE]You'll be able to get the movies individually:

[quote name='shrike4242']Good news for those people who didn't want to buy the Alien Anthology because it included Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection:

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=6004

Each of the Alien movies is coming out in an individual releases, though without the Anthology bonus discs.

Cover art is pictured at the link above.[/QUOTE]

At this price, I'd buy the UK set, use the existing packaging until someone did scans of the cover art from the standalone releases and then make my own separate movie cases.

The separate movies are going to be more money for the first two movies than buying this set, some single cases and printing out cover art for the standalone cases.

I seem to remember several CAGs in the other thread complaining about Amazon UK customer service. Didn't someone fail to receive the set after Amazon UK had shipped it multiple times? That's the only thing holding me back right now.

[quote name='BingoBrown']I seem to remember several CAGs in the other thread complaining about Amazon UK customer service. Didn't someone fail to receive the set after Amazon UK had shipped it multiple times? That's the only thing holding me back right now.[/QUOTE]I had it take 40+ days to arrive from being shipped out, from the original shipment and its replacement.

Amazon UK customer service was a pleasure to deal with, and the issues I had were all shipping-related.

[quote name='thelwig14']They are getting released as singles in the US in May.

I will only own Aliens.[/QUOTE]

why no Alien?

The packaging on the UK version changed. Amazon.UK ships the newer one which is a 6-disc Blu-ray amaray case inside a slipbox.

1z3s3z5.jpg
2jfnleb.jpg

dnbq7c.jpg

[quote name='shrike4242']You'll be able to get the movies individually:

At this price, I'd buy the UK set, use the existing packaging until someone did scans of the cover art from the standalone releases and then make my own separate movie cases.

The separate movies are going to be more money for the first two movies than buying this set, some single cases and printing out cover art for the standalone cases.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll just wait until I can get the first two for $10-15 each down the road then.

Man in Suit!

http://www.alienprequelnews.com/2011/04/exclusive-some-juicy-details-from-set.html

"Though security on the set is very tight with the good weather, dock doors have been open and cast and crew have been enjoying lunch outdoors. I can confirm seeing 3 aliens having lunch. Not the whole costume but blueish costumes and the unmistakable heads hanging around their shoulders. The alien heads were the same shape but no markings, only a plane bronze colour. As for the suits black boots and shoulder pads the rest was a Chelsea blue body suit could be for SFX, all the sets around the back of the bond stage have huge green chromokey maybe that's a clue. I have witnessed foam cut outs of unmistakable aliens all cut in half lengh ways so they could be in the floor walls etc and very much from the original film."

Ridley Scott, director of Alien, is making a prequel called Prometheus, loosely based on the Space Jockey from the first film.

[quote name='gordojones88']Ridley Scott, director of Alien, is making a prequel called Prometheus, loosely based on the Space Jockey from the first film.[/QUOTE]

I thought that was scrapped?

[quote name='Raven6009']The packaging on the UK version changed. Amazon.UK ships the newer one which is a 6-disc Blu-ray amaray case inside a slipbox.[/QUOTE]
Wow, that's garbage. Updated the OP to reflect the changes. Now I really will wait on a US price drop this Christmas.

[quote name='Raven6009']I thought that was scrapped?[/QUOTE]

IMDB lists it as "filming", with a scheduled release date of June 8, 2012. Of course that date is subject to change, and likely will, but it appears that the project is on.

I think what was actually scrapped was the direct connection to Alien. It's now its own, "unrelated" story.

[quote name='Commander0Zero']New packaging sold me!! It really is a crazy deal for these films!!!![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jodou']Wow, that's garbage. Updated the OP to reflect the changes. Now I really will wait on a US price drop this Christmas.[/QUOTE]

I'm not a huge DVD/Bluray geek, so I don't know the terms for packaging (nor do I care about slipcovers, I know, shun me). Anyway, one of you seems to like the new packaging, and the other hates it? What is so good/bad about this new packaging?

[quote name='BingoBrown']I'm not a huge DVD/Bluray geek, so I don't know the terms for packaging (nor do I care about slipcovers, I know, shun me). Anyway, one of you seems to like the new packaging, and the other hates it? What is so good/bad about this new packaging?[/QUOTE]
The plastic case is a complete cop-out on design and really looses any aesthetic. If you own the Rome set, you'd know just how nice the US packaging can be. It's just personal preference.

Yeah, I don't care about cases beyond not wanting bulky non-standard cases or cumbersome fold out ones like the orginal UK packaging.

I prefer things to take as little space on my shelves as possible.

[quote name='Deadpool']Ugh[/QUOTE]
For that price it was only a matter of time before it sold out. I ordered mine Thursday and it already shipped.

[quote name='BingoBrown']I'm not a huge DVD/Bluray geek, so I don't know the terms for packaging (nor do I care about slipcovers, I know, shun me). Anyway, one of you seems to like the new packaging, and the other hates it? What is so good/bad about this new packaging?[/QUOTE]

To be honest I don't think either packaging is that bad and for the price I'm good. Some are more collectors than myself so packaging means a little more in their buying decision.

I ordered mine on the 21st and i got it today, i was like wtf! Delivery date said around 05/19. It was shipped to Houston,Tx. woot! Anyone else got theirs early?
*** After opening and inspecting it, this wasn't the new single case design, its the foldout version. Not gonna mail it back though, im pretty satisfied with what
i got in the timeframe for the price.
2di0vnq.jpg

I want to buy this but personally I preferred the original blu ray packaging. I never watched alien. Can anyone encourage me if i should but this or not

I got both this set and Torchwood (Series 1-3... excited for Series 4!) for 94.39... good deal considering the usual Amazon prices for Torchwood.

I have an estimate for May 24 after being 'dispatched' on April 29... so it looks as though I can expect to possibly receive this as soon as the end of this week/beginning of next week? SWEET!

[quote name='omgcarebears']I ordered mine on the 21st and i got it today, i was like wtf! Delivery date said around 05/19. It was shipped to Houston,Tx. woot! Anyone else got theirs early?
*** After opening and inspecting it, this wasn't the new single case design, its the foldout version. Not gonna mail it back though, im pretty satisfied with what
i got in the timeframe for the price.
[/QUOTE]

Same -- mine was estimated delivery on the 19th and arrived today. Very happy with the price and can't complain about the foldout design because it probably takes up less space, and I like that.

[quote name='DestroVega']Alien is amazing. surprised people aren't into it.[/QUOTE]

That's kind of the problem I'm having, Alien and Aliens are amazing but the other two are terrible. I can't justify owning all four on Blu just to have the complete set. I already own the Alien quadrilogy set and the only movies I've watched more than once are the first two. I think I'd rather just pick those up for $10-$12 somewhere down the line.

[quote name='metallicoholic']That's kind of the problem I'm having, Alien and Aliens are amazing but the other two are terrible. I can't justify owning all four on Blu just to have the complete set. I already own the Alien quadrilogy set and the only movies I've watched more than once are the first two. I think I'd rather just pick those up for $10-$12 somewhere down the line.[/QUOTE]Might be a while before that happens.

ordered a couple sets as long as they are here by xmas ill be happy haha never ordered anything from the UK b4 but i have from hong kong and that place took about a month to get the order here.

Well 2 weeks to the day it finally arrived. I was starting to get mad but since it was the newer package I'm okay with the wait.

24y1fyq.jpg
2z4jxu9.jpg

fairly stupid question...

are there any differences (content-wise) between these discs and the american discs? or are people not buying solely because of the packaging?

edit:

nevermind, my stupidity is running rampant. I checked the descriptions of the US and UK versions and they're identical.

better question now...

is there any way to get rid of those hideous rating stickers on the spine / cover of the slipcase?

edit #2:

eh what the hell, just placed an order.

$34 for 4 movies that I've been eyeing up for a while? you really can't beat the price.

now to just find a way to make those stickers disappear...

bread's done
Back