Alien Anthology BD $34 SHIPPED at Amazon UK

Jodou

Infamous
Feedback
12 (100%)
Alien Anthology

Price is lowered to £16.65 in your cart; shipping is about three pounds. Discs are region-free.

Note: the US version has considerably different packaging.
US:
61OTgGGM8%2BL.jpg

UK:
2jfnleb.jpg
dnbq7c.jpg

Thanks Raven6009!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dv8mad']^ They aren't stickers. They are printed on the art itself.[/QUOTE]

damn I figured...

I'll find a way lol

[quote name='gregnied']Finally decided to get this. hope it doesn't take too terribly long to get here.[/QUOTE]

I ordered mine and the estimated delivery is may 31st (shipped out friday)

I took a look at the new individual releases while I was in Best Buy tonight, and I have to say . . . those of you who said that you were just going to get some of them individually might want to reconsider if you're at all interested in the bonus features. The individual releases barely have any (looks to be the same ones that are on the movie discs in the set), whereas this set comes with two extra discs full of them. Given that the individual discs are on sale for $14.99 each this week on Amazon and at Best Buy, you'll pay almost as much for just the first two movies as you'd pay for the entire set this way.

[quote name='arcane93']I took a look at the new individual releases while I was in Best Buy tonight, and I have to say . . . those of you who said that you were just going to get some of them individually might want to reconsider if you're at all interested in the bonus features. The individual releases barely have any (looks to be the same ones that are on the movie discs in the set), whereas this set comes with two extra discs full of them. Given that the individual discs are on sale for $14.99 each this week on Amazon and at Best Buy, you'll pay almost as much for just the first two movies as you'd pay for the entire set this way.[/QUOTE]I pointed this out in the BD discussion thread when I found that the movies were going to get individual releases. At $15 per movie, even if you only want the first two movies, the extras alone are worth the extra few dollars, even if you don't watch the latter two movies.

Went ahead and picked up the Anthology rather than the individual movies ... looked at the Aliens Blu-ray at BB yesterday and realized I didn't want to support some bare-bones release that couldn't even include a second extras disc or redone single disc. I actually prefer the UK packaging ... similar to the Rome complete series set .. I think long term it may not look as nice, but plastic will last over cardboard and paper.

this comes out to like 29 right?? I am thinking about ordering this and the X-Men Quadrilogy also...total of 59 bucks for 8 movies thats not bad

[quote name='janesvilleninja']does it still lower the price after you go to check out ?[/QUOTE]

YEAH, right before I paid it was the 16.xx. I bought this and the X-Men thing and they have both already shipped!!!

[quote name='janesvilleninja']Does a US kindle gift card work on the UK amazon ?[/QUOTE]
Amazon gift cards are only valid at Amazon.com, not internationally.

Just got mine today, took 8 days from when I ordered. Thank you OP, this was a great find.

Great packaging, I am glad I did not get the foldout version.

This is a great deal. One question though, do I have to create a new account with Amazon UK or can I use my existing Amazon US account?

[quote name='EvlAsh']This is a great deal. One question though, do I have to create a new account with Amazon UK or can I use my existing Amazon US account?[/QUOTE]

iirc you can use your existing account.

What exactly were you expecting to get, I'm pretty sure everyone has gotten the plastic case instead of the cardboard case that ordered recently? If the case was a priority, the US version is superior to the UK fold out version anyway ... not sure you'll find anyone to trade with.

[quote name='etcrane']What exactly were you expecting to get, I'm pretty sure everyone has gotten the plastic case instead of the cardboard case that ordered recently? If the case was a priority, the US version is superior to the UK fold out version anyway ... not sure you'll find anyone to trade with.[/QUOTE]

I disagree, both editions of the UK packaging are superior to the HORRENDOUS "book" version that the U.S. was saddled with

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']got the ugly amaray case. anyone wanna trade?[/QUOTE]

Yea the OP was changed to show the plastic case that was being shipped a while back. Did you think that Amazon UK was still shipping the fold out version?

Got mine yesterday. I don't have a problem with the packaging. I think the plastic case is fine. I protects the discs way better then the fold out version. I was only going to get Alien and Aliens, but for 3 dollars more I couldn't pass up 3 and 4 with all the bonus features.

bread's done
Back