Alien Anthology (BR) - $89.99 @ Amazon.

My alien and back to the future blu-ray set shipped today from amazon.Does anyone know why they were released early?

[quote name='greatmuta3']My alien and back to the future blu-ray set shipped today from amazon.Does anyone know why they were released early?[/QUOTE]

amazon goes on sprees of sending out movies on the thursday before release from time to time...

[quote name='digitalbabe']Though I'll be buying the Egg Ed (huge Alien nut:) ), FYI-UK set is $50's shipped and Techradar has confirmed that it is region free (all the way in 2nd to last paragraph it states "All-region"). So if you're looking for a break, it may be worth some more investigation online. AMZ UK link here http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alien-Antho...BYUG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1287721420&sr=8-1

http://hcc.techradar.com/playback/action/blu-ray-review-alien-anthology-12-10-10[/QUOTE]Saying it's $50's shipped is pretty loose. It came up to $57.39 according to the site.

~$22 per movie isn't bad especially considering the vast amount of extras. I will wait till this drops to $70 before considering it tho. I'm not THAT big of an Aliens fan.

[quote name='shrike4242']Saying it's $50's shipped is pretty loose. It came up to $57.39 according to the site.[/QUOTE]
It's showing at $54.93 for me (£34.99 shipped after VAT removed)... For $90 I was passing but for $55 I think I'll bite...

Yeah, I saw the drop a couple days ago but it's still waaaaaaaaaaaaay too overpriced. $40 or under is all I'll pay.

[quote name='Raven6009']It's showing at $54.93 for me (£34.99 shipped after VAT removed)... For $90 I was passing but for $55 I think I'll bite...[/QUOTE]Probably adjustments for the exchange rate and shipping, as I would have expected flat-rate shipping from the UK to the US.

Though, if it is completely region-free on all discs, I'll just import it from the UK at $55-$58. Much more palatable to swallow.

If you guys remember, the original Alien Quadrilogy on dvd used to be upwards of 70 bucks and it dropped a while back. I'm just gonna wait until a Black Friday deal.

As huge of a fan of the Aliens franchise as I am I still can't bring myself to spend this much on it. Let's be honest here, sure 1 and 2 are worth $22 a piece but no way are 3 and 4 worth that price. Then I look at the other big franchise hitting blu ray that day, Back to the Future, and see it's priced at a VERY reasonable $47.99 for 3 movies. Really, Fox? One more movie than BttF and its almost twice the price? Give me a break.

I remember buying the last huge Quadrilogy box set on the day of release for nearly that price on DVD only to see it get as low as $20-30. I'm not falling for it Fox, you may own one of my favorite franchises, but you're not going to extort me, not again.

[quote name='digitalbabe']Though I'll be buying the Egg Ed (huge Alien nut:) ), FYI-UK set is $50's shipped and Techradar has confirmed that it is region free (all the way in 2nd to last paragraph it states "All-region"). So if you're looking for a break, it may be worth some more investigation online. AMZ UK link here http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alien-Antho...BYUG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1287721420&sr=8-1

http://hcc.techradar.com/playback/action/blu-ray-review-alien-anthology-12-10-10[/QUOTE]

My set just shipped from Amazon UK so this is good news, otherwise I was going to have a very nice coaster

I had pre-ordered the egg one from foxconnect at 149.99, cancelled and reordered using code cart10 and got it for 134.99. Worth every penny.

It'll drop, for sure. I bought the Alien Quadrilogy at Circuit City for 19.99...

And with all these Blu-Ray releases of collections..they drop. Just look at Die Hard, it used to be 99.99 IIRC, now it's 29.99 on amazon. Back to the Future at 47.99 to me would be worth it because I could watch those movies at anytime, and that's not a horrible price point. 90 bucks is too much for me to spend on a blu-ray set, especially when I only like the first two movies anyways.

I've pre-ordered the Collectors Edition. So far this has gotten great reviews and I have seen some sneak peeks of it. It's really cool and well not be a let down to the fans! ;)

Also if you would like to check the latest news on the Alien Prequel, Alien Anthology, Predators, and more... Google Xenomorph Hive and we should be around 1rst through 3rd on your results. I can't post a link because I am noob... sorry :p

[quote name='Don G.']If you guys remember, the original Alien Quadrilogy on dvd used to be upwards of 70 bucks and it dropped a while back. I'm just gonna wait until a Black Friday deal.[/QUOTE]

Your right i got the dvd's for 20 at costco like three years ago.

bread's done
Back