Aliens Colonial Marines $33 at Target- YMMV?

I believe it's a price cut but I've only seen it in 2 stores so ymmv still. It's $28 too expensive. I was able to play this with a friend and after an hour we took this sucker out and never looked back
I also think this info might be in another thread

Still not worth it. Rented it from Redbox for a day and was able to beat it. Unless you're will to boost like crazy and have 2 other friends that will help you out it's nearly impossible to get the platinum. I'm waiting for $5 honestly.

It's really not that bad. It's worth a playthrough if you could nab it for about $15. The multiplayer is well done, too.

Reading the spoilers for the game and hearing that it's now considered canon really makes me hate this game so much.

Horrible, no good game. I rented it and felt cheated out of my $4 when I finished it in only a few hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a huge Aliens fan and I rented it and beat it on Ultimate Badass difficulty and found that the game is not that bad when it actually tries to kill you as best as it can.

I put this game up there with Dark Void or maybe even Inversion. Pathetic as hell. Playable to a degree. Worth about 10-15 bucks at most if your an Aliens fan.

If Gearbox keeps patching it up it may be worth more only in a 'complete' edition down the line with all of the planned DLC packs included and HEAVILY patched graphics and AI. Good luck Gearbox.

something tells me gearbox isnt gonna waste any effort on dlc's for this game. Its not worth it for them to even bother even if they promised it. This easily the worst game to come out in several years that was really hyped. they will never turn it profit on it now.
Its a shame really. a few simple tweaks would have gone a long way for this game. I have a feeling they knew it was garbage and decided to stop production and just release it.

[quote name='kit352']something tells me gearbox isnt gonna waste any effort on dlc's for this game. Its not worth it for them to even bother even if they promised it. This easily the worst game to come out in several years that was really hyped. they will never turn it profit on it now.
Its a shame really. a few simple tweaks would have gone a long way for this game. I have a feeling they knew it was garbage and decided to stop production and just release it.[/QUOTE]

Looks like they just released a patch fixing...well...a lot.

http://m.joystiq.com/2013/03/18/ali...en-the-f/?post=1&icid=joystiq_home_latest_art

I started playing this today and it's really not as bad as I was lead to believe. I don't know if the patch fixed a lot or what, but I was expecting and wanting it to be as horrible as people were saying. I'm disappointed.

[quote name='StryderOmega']PC only?[/QUOTE]

Hunh, sorry 'bout that. I actually read the article and know they mentioned Steam, but figured they would have also released it on consoles.

(At least, that would have made sense)

[Edit] Ok looks like other sites are stating "pc only"

bread's done
Back