Aliens v. Predator (PS3/360) $24.99

not worth it imo. most likely is a price match from newegg since it's been that price for awhile. sega also is dropping support for this game and will not be getting any patches and the multiplayer servers might go down soon also.

[quote name='Jodou']Console patch support has been dropped; don't give bad devs your money IMO. Also, the game is terrible.[/QUOTE]

Thats lame. Money better spent on Natural Selection 2 and Alien Swarm (oh ho ho its free...)

[quote name='Xfactor19990']question whats the difference between amazon, and amazon warehouse?[/QUOTE]

Amazon warehouse is for used products, but Amazon of course vouches for its condition.

Family Video has had it in store for $19.99 for a long time. I rented it from them and got bored quick. The copy, which I could have bought was absolutely brand new. Just saying in case someone wants to waste $20 on it.

it's not that bad, but multiplayer community is pretty much dead.
single player was alright, being the marine was most fun though which was kinda disappointing since i thought being the alien or predator would be better

$15 and below and i'll second dip lol

bummer, I enjoyed the multiplayer demo but if no one plays it that kinda defeats that purpose lol.

new predator movie was pretty awesome, probably explains my sudden interest to pick up this game. guess I can wait for it to drop more tho', as I still have many sealed games in my backlog.

I only played, well found, one match online when I rented it from Gamefly recently and I can't exactly gauge the experience from a 3 person match...

But I did finish all 3 campaigns in roughly 9 hours. The Marine's was the longest but probably the most uninteresting. It had all the sounds and elements you'd expect an AvP game to have but it was just too damn short and not fleshed out enough.

The Alien's campaign was OK. If was cool for a small bit to crawl on walls, do stealth executions(which, with the Predator, are all awesome), but again, it just doesn't feel fleshed out enough. This was the shortest of the 3 campaigns.

Predator was probably the most fun for the simple fact that he had all the tools you'd expect - the different vision modes, the disc, his laser, etc. This could've been a really awesome campaign but because of it's length, the pacing was really off and quick.

Simple fact - This game has all of the elements, it just doesn't utilize them in the right way. I can't say I recommend it for $25.

I'm somewhat of a fanboy for these series, so I actually liked the game. The atmosphere, i.e., the sound effects, the closed and dark corridors, the jungle, all was pretty cool to me. The campaigns I thought were alright, but yes they were real short. I actually disliked the Predator campaign the most, because by the time you finally got all the tools to play with, it was over. The 4-player survival mode was what I played the most with friends, and that was where it was at if that's your thing. I only played the deathmatch the first week or two, so I had no idea it was dried up. It's a shame because I thought it was fun, although a little unbalanced because a fully armed Predator would almost always slaughter everyone else and it limited I think to 2 players using him. I think the experience glitch is what probably killed this one so soon. If you searched for a game, as soon as it started loading players, you could exit and play campaign and gain multiplayer experience by killing the AI. The boss creatures would gain you an ungodly amount of points. I hit the highest XP achievement before I finished the second campaign, LOL. That would lead people who weren't so good to play against the "real" level 50 players and get spanked. Probably made most people stop playing, since half the players online only play for gamerscore now anyway, it seems, and quit when they got all the cheevos. Anyway, long story short, I do recommend it, but only if you're a big fan of the movies. As a shooter in a crowded market, it doesn't one-up any of the bigger fanfare games in any way at all, really.

They should have named this game AVP: I cant see shit! Seriously, this game is awful. The colors in the game are so dark, you cant see where the floor ends, and objects begin. Even if you do manage to figure out where you are walking, good luck controlling the characters, because the controls are almost impossible to use. If you are considering buying this game, well then just dont, because you will regret it.

I bought the CE on release and enjoyed the single player, it's worth $25 imo. If you're a big fan of the Alien or Predator movies then you'll like it.

same here. i want to see the pc version make use of dx11.

in fact, i'm starting to get more and more of my single player type games on pc. (fallout 3, oblivion, etc.)

I grabbed it from the GS sale and its not a bad game. If you really like aliens/predators you'll get at least some enjoyment out of it.

I just bought this game from Newegg for the 24.99 price and I just finished the Marine campaign... I certainly feel no regret for my purchase! (though I admit I'm a long-time Alien & Predator franchise fan). This game offers a lot of value with 3 campaigns, Survival mode (aka Firefight/Horde), and all the multiplayer modes.

I dont know why people say the online is dead. Sure it's not gonna have the community of a game like MW2 but each time I search in player matches, there's always 6-7 games available to join. Ranked takes a little longer with about a 5-10 minute wait before you join a game.

I paid $24 for it from Gamestop with the 25used code and think it was worth it. The infestation mode is almost worth the price alone.

[quote name='mrosnwo']I'm somewhat of a fanboy for these series, so I actually liked the game. The atmosphere, i.e., the sound effects, the closed and dark corridors, the jungle, all was pretty cool to me. The campaigns I thought were alright, but yes they were real short. I actually disliked the Predator campaign the most, because by the time you finally got all the tools to play with, it was over. The 4-player survival mode was what I played the most with friends, and that was where it was at if that's your thing. I only played the deathmatch the first week or two, so I had no idea it was dried up. It's a shame because I thought it was fun, although a little unbalanced because a fully armed Predator would almost always slaughter everyone else and it limited I think to 2 players using him. I think the experience glitch is what probably killed this one so soon. If you searched for a game, as soon as it started loading players, you could exit and play campaign and gain multiplayer experience by killing the AI. The boss creatures would gain you an ungodly amount of points. I hit the highest XP achievement before I finished the second campaign, LOL. That would lead people who weren't so good to play against the "real" level 50 players and get spanked. Probably made most people stop playing, since half the players online only play for gamerscore now anyway, it seems, and quit when they got all the cheevos. Anyway, long story short, I do recommend it, but only if you're a big fan of the movies. As a shooter in a crowded market, it doesn't one-up any of the bigger fanfare games in any way at all, really.[/QUOTE]

This was extremely informative.
Thank you for taking the time to construct it.

bread's done
Back