(ALIVE AGAIN!) Amazon: Wizard of Oz Blu-Ray $16.99 (3-Disc Emerald Edition)

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Should I get this or wait for another price drop?[/QUOTE]

I must have went to 3 different Targets on BF just to find this movie and fail. I've had it in my Amazon Cart for 2 1/2 months just to wait for a decent price break and it finally came. Personally, I bought so me and my daughter can watch it. I don't know if this run is limited and/or if they will re-print it since it's a 30th anniversary edition. With that in mind, stuff always gets cheaper but will it be the same one or a just a bare bone movie or hell even something better.

May just pull the trigger on this as I missed out on it BF as well. Though the BF one was just a single disc...so this is the better deal really

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']May just pull the trigger on this as I missed out on it BF as well. Though the BF one was just a single disc...so this is the better deal really[/QUOTE]

The BF deal was the 3 disc version as well. I own it.

Thanks OP. Well worth the wait, since the Target deal at $12.99 + tax was only a couple dollars off this price.

No issues with waiting the 1-3 weeks for it, either.

I just found it and was about to post but glad you already had it up. Thanks. But I have one heck of a waiting time. It will not ship until March.

I want it...but before i place an order i want to return the 70th anniversary edition i got from walmart. just can't find damn receipt...so hopefully they wont hassle me about it. =)

Are the pics on Amazon wrong, or does this really come in the same DVD sized cardboard case like the Ultimate Collector's Edition?

very tempted, but ive already got tons of blu-rays from the target coupon ive never even seen.....which is holding me back. lol

[quote name='Captain Wrong']So this is the version in the expensive box minus the box and all the tchotkes that I don't need anyway? Groovy.[/QUOTE]
This looks like it to me. Perfect. Great price too, thanks OP.

Thanks, OP! The biggest decision surrounding me picking this up was what else to get to get my free shipping. Can't wait to see this.

[quote name='Captain Wrong']So this is the version in the expensive box minus the box and all the tchotkes that I don't need anyway? Groovy.[/QUOTE]
Minus the fluff non-disc extras and no digital copy disc.

Isn't the studio releasing a 1-disc version now? It could probably be intended to eventually replace this 3-disc edition.

[quote name='eau']Isn't the studio releasing a 1-disc version now? It could probably be intended to eventually replace this 3-disc edition.[/QUOTE]They released three versions when it came out originally:

1) The 4-disc Ultimate Edition, which went to all retailers.
2) The 3-disc Emerald Edition, which had the discs from the Ultimate Edition, minus the Digital Copy disc and the extras like the watch, book and the like. This was a timed exclusive for Target, and the only other place I've seen it has been Amazon. And at a ridiculous price until recently.
3) The 1-disc version, which has just the movie. It was a timed exclusive for Walmart, though is starting to come out everywhere now.

I went and bought it for this price. I am more happy to see the movie to be out for people to buy. As this title was only available in a expensive way for those that just wanted the movie after the Wal-Mart blu-ray was gone. I believe the Wal-Mart version comes out March 10th at all stores.

Maybe it is just me but I always get disappointed over studios with there buy it now or wait forever methods on movies (Disney). Maybe to be fair it is a licensing issue for SOME of the movies.

[quote name='shrike4242']They released three versions when it came out originally:

1) The 4-disc Ultimate Edition, which went to all retailers.
2) The 3-disc Emerald Edition, which had the discs from the Ultimate Edition, minus the Digital Copy disc and the extras like the watch, book and the like. This was a timed exclusive for Target, and the only other place I've seen it has been Amazon. And at a ridiculous price until recently.
3) The 1-disc version, which has just the movie. It was a timed exclusive for Walmart, though is starting to come out everywhere now.[/QUOTE]
Shrike, thanks for clarifying. You saved me some research time. Going to pull the trigger now. :D

If anyone hasn't bitten yet, deepdiscount now has it for $13.99, along with some other expensive dvds. thanks to mcdaking84"s thread for helping me find this deal.

[quote name='gojiboy']If anyone hasn't bitten yet, deepdiscount now has it for $13.99, along with some other expensive dvds. thanks to mcdaking84"s thread for helping me find this deal.[/QUOTE]There's no box art pictured, so you might end up with the 1-disc version of it, even though it clearly lists it as the Emerald Edition. Assuming it is the Emerald Edition, it does beat Amazon's price by $2.50.

I'd rather stick to it being right since it is showing the right box art on Amazon and my 2-day shipping with Prime that take a slight possible chance and dirt-slow shipping.

I just finished watching and I think I like this movie even more now than I did as a little kid. It looks great on blu-ray, and there are so many hours of special features.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Dead at Amazon now... Damn. Guess I'll have to wait for another sale...[/QUOTE]

WOW, deal is not only dead, it's more than doubled in price. So glad I pulled the trigger when I did!

[quote name='plong']WOW, deal is not only dead, it's more than doubled in price. So glad I pulled the trigger when I did![/QUOTE]This was its price since it was no longer a Target exclusive, which is why people were jumping on it at the $16.49 price.

In other news, I received my shipping notification on my copy early this morning.

My order from DeepDiscount finally shipped...I'll know soon enough if it was the right item :)

Shipped (03/09/2010) The Wizard of Oz [Emerald Edition] [3 Discs] [Blu-ray]
Item #: WBD016427 $13.99 1 $13.99

[quote name='misbitski']My order from DeepDiscount finally shipped...I'll know soon enough if it was the right item :)

Shipped (03/09/2010) The Wizard of Oz [Emerald Edition] [3 Discs] [Blu-ray]
Item #: WBD016427 $13.99 1 $13.99[/QUOTE]

My order shipped as well...

should have it early next week the way DD ships.

Kevin

bread's done
Back