*ALIVE YET AGAIN* Planet earth HD-DVD $29.99 shipped

h3llbring3r

CAGiversary!
Feedback
58 (100%)
http://shopping.discovery.com/product-65763.html?jzid=40588073-87-0

EDIT: *DEAD* ALIVE AGAIN!
DEAD AGAIN!
ALIVE AGAIN! (probably for the last time)
Go back to techbargains for your third chance on this!
[quote name='fire17']I could not get it to work untill I used the link on this site
http://www.bargainist.com/[/quote]
[URL="http://www.techbargains.net"]www.techbargains.net[/URL]
If you don't see the discount then, make sure you clear your browser cache.

You apparently have to go through the techbargains link to get the discount:
http://www.techbargains.com/news_displayItem.cfm/112937

Have to click through slickdeals this time:
http://www.slickdeals.net/

Site shows price at $79 until you check-out, and then it shows sale price of $29 shipped after the additional $50 discount.

Limit 5 per customer, also there is an offer for best of discovery channel volume 4 DVD-set for $10 with a $50 order.

No dead format comments please, everyone is well aware.

IT'S BACK! Get it while it's hot.

779512_a2xl.jpg

Note: this is the discovery channel version- in which episodes were shown in a different order and has been edited down for time. It is narrarated by Sigourney Weaver (Ripley) not David Attenborough. It is in the 720p/1080i resolutions.

Please be aware for those that care, this is not the BBC version, but the Discover Channel version. Many argue this version is inferior as it has Ripley narrating and cuts out about an hour of footage....also it is only encoded to 1080i specs. Again, great price....but bear this bit of info in mind.

[quote name='Neo Queen Serenity']I got to the final check-out page and it still shows as $79.95[/quote]

Check the curent total, all the way down at the bottom. I just checked again and it still shows $29

pricegx5.jpg

[quote name='lurknomore']Please be aware for those that care, this is not the BBC version, but the Discover Channel version. Many argue this version is inferior as it has Ripley narrating and cuts out about an hour of footage....also it is only encoded to 1080i specs. Again, great price....but bear this bit of info in mind.[/quote]

Hmm... Guess I'll just look out for the BBC version then.

Hmm, yea the version I got and love so much from BB was the BBC version- which is 550 minutes and full 1080p. Good catch, but it's still a deal.

It explicitly states the $29 price on the website, so I don't know what the problem is. Thanks to the OP, btw.

Featured Item

February 21, 2008
Planet Earth HD-DVD 4-Disc Box Set $29.95 Free Shipping, Feb. 21 7 AM
911241_118x160.jpg

1 day only. Discovery has the Planet Earth HD-DVD 4-Disc Box Set for a low $29.95 Free Shipping (Exp today, 2/21). No tax in 20 states.
Lowest price search Email Deal Similar Deals More from Vendor History

Send Email Deal Alert for any new specific deal postings

[quote name='dkim064']It explicitly states the $29 price on the website, so I don't know what the problem is. Thanks to the OP, btw.
[/QUOTE]

It didn't work if you didn't go through the referral link. It also wouldn't show for me after clearing all cookies, etc.

It finally showed when I used another browser.

CocheseUGA is right, the post has been evolving this afternoon to correct some link issues we were having early on with some of the posters. They aren't thread crapping, they were having legit issues, the OP has been edited to fix the problems.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Are you guys with browser problems using FireFox or IE?
We have been having success with IE.[/QUOTE]

I've tried both :(

Hrmm, I am still getting through. Try purging your browser of offline content and cookies and try again. This deal is certainly finicky.

Sweet thanks OP! Even if it might not be quite as good as the BBC version you really can't go wrong for $29.99. I can't wait to watch it :bouncy:

dammit!! I read the whole 1080i, shorter, sigourney weaver thing AFTER I pulled the trigger. Sigourney Weaver doesn't bug me. I can even live with the reduced time. But the whole time I watch this thing, somewhere in the back of my mind, I'll be thinking "this is a sub-par picture. this is 1080i. this is not 1080p. you are watching an inferior product."

dammit.

[quote name='moonphrogg']dammit!! I read the whole 1080i, shorter, sigourney weaver thing AFTER I pulled the trigger. Sigourney Weaver doesn't bug me. I can even live with the reduced time. But the whole time I watch this thing, somewhere in the back of my mind, I'll be thinking "this is a sub-par picture. this is 1080i. this is not 1080p. you are watching an inferior product."

dammit.[/QUOTE]

That's funny. Even though I would primarily watch the series on a 720p set, just knowing that there is a 1080p version out there for a mere 10 dollars more would bother me also. I was thinking of giving this as a gift, but knowing this bit of information and keeping it quiet just doesn't seem right.

[quote name='moonphrogg']dammit!! I read the whole 1080i, shorter, sigourney weaver thing AFTER I pulled the trigger. Sigourney Weaver doesn't bug me. I can even live with the reduced time. But the whole time I watch this thing, somewhere in the back of my mind, I'll be thinking "this is a sub-par picture. this is 1080i. this is not 1080p. you are watching an inferior product."

dammit.[/quote]It's not a big deal, dude.

[quote name='lurknomore']That's funny. Even though I would primarily watch the series on a 720p set, just knowing that there is a 1080p version out there for a mere 10 dollars more would bother me also. I was thinking of giving this as a gift, but knowing this bit of information and keeping it quiet just doesn't seem right.[/quote]
Planet Earth BBC is still like $55 at its cheapest.

I prefer Sigourney (as watched on Discovery) compared to David...

The whole 720/1080 thing is really not noticable unless you are close or have a huge ass TV. But thats another subject thats old, but still kicking....

[quote name='lurknomore']That's funny. Even though I would primarily watch the series on a 720p set, just knowing that there is a 1080p version out there for a mere 10 dollars more would bother me also. I was thinking of giving this as a gift, but knowing this bit of information and keeping it quiet just doesn't seem right.[/QUOTE]

Damn, you can get it used off of Amazon (the BBC version) for the same price.

I never got an email, and I don't know my order number to cancel. :(

[quote name='staplerwow']Planet Earth BBC is still like $55 at its cheapest.[/QUOTE]

I've been looking at half.com and Ebay and I'm seeing consistently that Planet Earth BBC brand new sells in the $45 range shipped.

[quote name='lurknomore']I've been looking at half.com and Ebay and I'm seeing consistently that Planet Earth BBC brand new sells in the $45 range shipped.[/quote]Well I'm not a fan of Ebay so maybe that's it :D

*whew* called discovery store and canceled my order. no problem.

now, I'll head over to amazon and pick up the bbc version for $55.

[quote name='moonphrogg']*whew* called discovery store and canceled my order. no problem.

now, I'll head over to amazon and pick up the bbc version for $55.[/quote]Almost double the price just for a slightly better picture, 50 minutes more footage, and no special features?

[quote name='staplerwow']lmost double the price just for a slightly better picture, 50 minutes more footage, and no special features?[/quote]

Damn straight. I'm a 1080p junkie. And well justified since I have a large TV.

Really, I'm buying this as a showcase piece, and it can't rightly be a showcase piece unless it's the highest possible quality. . .

Also, I can futureproof it by buying the blu-ray version instead of the hd-dvd version at the same price.

Yeah, it's $25 more, but it's worth it to me.

Also, There is a coupon code for it if you enter EML2008 in the coupon it wil give you 5 dollars off your order. Worked for me I'm in!

Thanks

Edit: But you can't combine with this roder...Sucks..But if you want to buy something else like BBC version it will help

[quote name='davidkibler33']Also, There is a coupon code for it if you enter EML2008 in the coupon it wil give you 5 dollars off your order. Worked for me I'm in!

Thanks

Edit: But you can't combine with this roder...Sucks..But if you want to buy something else like BBC version it will help[/QUOTE]

coupon makes it 79.99 - 5.00
Subtotal: $79.95
Discount: - $5.00
Current Total: $74.95

25 dollars more for a very small difference in picture? Not a cheap ass move my friend. More power to you though. I'm on a 57" HD and can't notice much IF any difference in most 1080i and 1080p.

I would also rather listen to Sigourny than some english guy anyway.

[quote name='Britshady']25 dollars more for a very small difference in picture? Not a cheap ass move my friend. More power to you though. I'm on a 57" HD and can't notice much IF any difference in most 1080i and 1080p.

I would also rather listen to Sigourny than some english guy anyway.[/quote]

More power to the guy who can be a cheapass all the time. Me? I have a few weaknesses that cause my cheapassedness meter to malfunction from time to time.

Oh, and by the way. . Sir David Attenborough isn't just "some english guy." He's a world renowned documentarian who has lent his voice to some of the most prestigious documentaries in film history. . .

the more you know!

bread's done
Back