All Game Crazys Are Closing

stonetoad

CAG Veteran
Found this on my local Craigslist.

Bend Game Crazy Closing: First and foremost, a heartfelt and whole hearted "Thank You" to Central Oregon for choosing us for the past 6 years. In approx. two weeks ALL Game Crazy and Hollywood Video stores will be entering liquidation. As the store manager, and employee since (almost) inception till the last day I wanted to thank all the many, many, many people who have been like our extended family. You have made a job a 2nd home. We will miss all of your faces and down to earth kindness. We have always striven to be your "neighborhood" game store and provide you with excellent customer service and I feel we have done a pretty good job. Your loyalty has inspired us to provide you with the best possible experiences when in our store (CoDMW2 Midnight Launch chest flasher, HALO 3 Megaline around the store, Super Smash Bros. Tourneys and many many more). You have made the long waits till midnight launches and the 4AM Black Fridays well worth it. I also thank the many employees who have been with us over the years, the part time seasonals to the full timers who have moved on. We wish to see your faces all one last time before we close that gate for the final time. So come on down, pick up that game you've been wanting or just come down and shoot the breeze with Dan, Cody, Chris or myself. We would love to see you and say thank you and goodbye.

Bend Game Crazy Store Director,
Glenn J.

Bend Game Crazy Shift Leads (and a better group of employees than I could wish for),
Cody J. & Dan H. & Chris M.

P.S. As I'm sure many of you have some questions I'll try to answer what I know here and save our phone (and sanity) from blowing up.

Q. I have deposits on preorders, credit on my account, a gift card to GC and Hollywood. What do I do?
A. All cash deposits can be refunded for cash or used towards a purchase. All credit deposits/trade credits must be used up, credit is not transferable to cash. I recommend using your gift cards as there wont be any other location to use it at.

Q. Are you still taking preorders?
A. No, we will no longer be taking preorders on future titles, nor offering the MVP membership, offering game guard or console service contracts.

Q. What if I purchased one of those things?
A. Preorders see answer to the first question, as for MVP's and game guard I assume those will be unrefundable. In the case of service contracts I am unsure at this time how the company will handle them. I will have more information after my conference call on Monday.

Q. Are you still taking trades?
A. Yep, most definitely, however, we are no longer doing cash for trades. We still guarantee the best trade price in town and if we come in lower we'll top our competitor by 5% as always. But, if it wasn't obvious, you'll want to use that credit same day.

Q. What/When are your liquidation sales?
A. The sales wont start until the liquidation firms finish bidding on the company's assets *apx. 2 weeks. As for what the sales will be I couldn't tell you at this time. However expect by the time they begin some of our stock may have been shipped out, and expect much of the "better stuff" to go fairly quickly, so don't expect the good/decent/rare(er) games to last past the first or second weeks. Moral of the story, best to just come buy it now rather than try to wait for it to hit bottom dollar pricing as it wont be in stock then.

Q. What do you guys have in stock?
A. Honestly, everything up to date including a few Splinter Cell Elite 360 and Bowsers Inside Story DSI bundles. We have a pretty awesome selection of used games right now (I raided one of the Eugene stores that absorbed a lot of product from another closing store a few weeks ago so we have a lot of hot stuff in). A bunch of refurbished Wii's for $150, a ton of refurbished 360's $160-250 and a bunch of new consoles/handhelds as well.

Q. So what now?
A. We are kicking around a few ideas about a Store Closing BBQ when all is said and done and we'd really love to have anyone who has been a regular or has a fond memory to come down and write it down or sign on the store banner. We might also practice moonwalking and juggling and putting a video on YouTube, we'll see. :)

THANK YOU CENTRAL OREGON, YOU'VE MADE IT AWESOME!

If everything is 40% off, how much would they charge to buff a disc?

Edit: NVM, I called and they said they were running low on supplies so they wouldn't be able to buff any more than 1 game.

If you buy a psp go from GC, will you be able to get that digital download voucher (for the three free games) somehow?

went to my local GC and they were up to 40%

picked up some games for my ps3 and were in excellent condition and complete
devil may cry 4 - $9.00
dark void - $15.00
killzone 2 - $15.00

Stopped by the closest one to me that's still open and they were indeed at 40% off. However, everything interesting that was there a week and a half ago was already gone.

Yup, noticed the 40% off so I finally went back and made a purchase. Used Advance Wars Dual Strike and new copy of Halo Wars for less than $20 total. I still saw several copies of FEAR 2 and IL-2 for 360, and those will be my next purchases if they can make it another week.

Finally got my ass there today, slim pickings. Only found two PS3 games I was interested in so I just grabbed 4 random 360 games to flip to gamestop with the extra $10 promotion they are having. Still had to go to HV and buy $7 worth of snacks to kill my credit. :/

All games are at 40%, except for ps2 titles which are at 50%. Waiting for a 50% mark before I jump on some DS games. Although the Summon Night Twin Age and Fighting Fantasy DS titles I had my eye on seem to be gone.

Guys, make sure to check on your store every three to four days. The new liquidation company is going through and shutting down stores that are selling poorly early. They're shutting down stores left and right and only giving five days or so notification. It's frustrating, especially when you're constantly hearing "Hey, your store is fine until mid to late July", then they come in, tell you you're shutting down in the next four or five days, and in less than a week from being notified, your store is packed up and you're done. It's sad.

By the time they actually reach 70% or higher, there will be very, very few stores left.

40% here too, picked up the GoW Collection for $17ish. Will probably go back on Friday to pick a few more things. They had a lot of SFIV CE for the PS3, might get that.

I'm sorry to repost this question guys, but I'm really curious. If I pick up a Psp go at GC will I be able to get that 3 pack of digital download games?

[quote name='bgame2']I'm sorry to repost this question guys, but I'm really curious. If I pick up a Psp go at GC will I be able to get that 3 pack of digital download games?[/QUOTE]

i doubt the store will even have any psps left. my local store was sold out of systems a week after the liquidation process started.

mine had about 6-7 psp gos too bad im not interested in one, funny that they did have a bunch of systems but now the psp gos is the only system left

The GC in Seattle was pretty empty, no consoles, 50% off all PS2 games, 40% off all PS3/360 games, and 30% off all guides but not much of anything good left

[quote name='bgame2']I'm sorry to repost this question guys, but I'm really curious. If I pick up a Psp go at GC will I be able to get that 3 pack of digital download games?[/QUOTE]

No. GC has the first systems with the Rock Band vouchers. The bundles were announced well after the company announced it was closing.

[quote name='Scorch']No. GC has the first systems with the Rock Band vouchers. The bundles were announced well after the company announced it was closing.[/QUOTE]

Thank you Scorch. I appreciate your response. It was difficult to determine by way of google search because it seemed as if you get the download via email from the PSN. I was thinking that perhaps registering a new console for the first time would trigger the email being sent.

[quote name='Scorch']No. GC has the first systems with the Rock Band vouchers. The bundles were announced well after the company announced it was closing.[/QUOTE]

I had assumed that the 3 free DLC games were just for registering a new system, since they're not pack in promos or anything. If anything, wouldn't it be better to buy these with the vouchers to end up getting four games rather than three?

This is bull. I have a warranty on my DSi, but since they are closing they told me they don't have to honor it anymore. That means I lost 20 freaking bucks!

I can now confirm that if you buy a PSPgo on liquidation at Gamecrazy, YOU WILL get the free downloads. I bought mine on Saturday, got my PSN account and everything set up on the PSPgo and logged into the store same day, and just got my email with the code to redeem in the PSN store today. It was an old style box, that DID NOT specifically mention the 3 free game deal.

My GameCrazy has a brand new George Harrison guitar that I'm eyeing, but I won't budge until it's at most $30 probably. Hope it's still there in a few weeks when prices drop again.

When I got mine it was $175 plus tax, making it around $185. The only UMD game I really played before was Rock Band Unplugged, so I figured I could go ahead and get the $5 PSN version, since I mostly just played my DLC anyways. Also, I figure I should probably be able to get at least $125 or so for my existing PSP stuff and UMD movies, getting the "upgrade" and 3 free games for around $60 total.

Yikes. Even with 40% off, that's still too high for my blood. Than again, I have well over 12 UMD games and a handful of films :/

[quote name='juanawoman']This is bull. I have a warranty on my DSi, but since they are closing they told me they don't have to honor it anymore. That means I lost 20 freaking bucks![/QUOTE]

Oh no, $20. You would have wasted it anyway. Hundreds of people lost their jobs. Quit your bitching. :bs:

Just got back from the store and ps3 games were at 40%
new-picked up memory card adapter for ps3 2.00
new-ps2 dvd remote 2.00
assassins creed 2 19
ratchet and clank a crack in time 19
Dragin origins 21

there were tons left but they werent complete they were in dvd cases and didnt have original cover rather the printed hollywood video ones. does anyone know where they sell ps3 cases? i know i can print out ps3 covers at the cover project website

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I wasn't aware that the games were a download for the PSPGo. I thought it was an actual bundle.

[quote name='juanawoman']This is bull. I have a warranty on my DSi, but since they are closing they told me they don't have to honor it anymore. That means I lost 20 freaking bucks![/QUOTE]

I lost my job, my DS warranty, and my 360 warranty.. shut up.. lol

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Yikes. Even with 40% off, that's still too high for my blood. Than again, I have well over 12 UMD games and a handful of films :/[/QUOTE]

Heh its too high for most people. Less they drop the system to $100 I just dont see it selling, and even at $100 I bet the bad buzz on the system still prevents a huge wave of sales.

[quote name='Ultimate_Joe']Oh no, $20. You would have wasted it anyway. Hundreds of people lost their jobs. Quit your bitching. :bs:[/QUOTE]
I'm sure you would be frustrated if you lost your money too. What is with the jerks on here?

[quote name='juanawoman']I'm sure you would be frustrated if you lost your money too. What is with the jerks on here?[/QUOTE]

Bitter former employees

[quote name='juanawoman']I'm sure you would be frustrated if you lost your money too. What is with the jerks on here?[/QUOTE]

Need to look at the bigger picture here. $20 vs livelihood. No contest.

I used to work for GC. I lost everything, way more than $20, and had to deal with ignorant people like you in real life, bitching to my face about their $20 loss. You're just upset over something so stupid and so insignificant in relation to what I, and many others, had to deal with.

So you, and anyone who wants to agree with you, just shut your mouth and get over it. :wall:

1. If you had the twenty bucks to throw down on it with the chance of nothing going wrong, you shouldn't be upset.
2. Take care of your system and you won't have to worry about it.
3. Thousands of people are losing their jobs, and you're upset about $20?

You guys should quit being such dicks to him. Its a perfectly legitimate gripe that he spent $20 on something that no longer is worth anything. Yes its sad some of you and many other non CAGers lost your jobs, but sorry losing your job does not give you a right to be a dick to other people when their upset about a less significant loss. I mean honestly this is like someone losing their dog, being sad about it then you telling them they have no right to be sad because you just lost your dad. Yes you lost more, but quit acting like losing your job is the end of the world/gives you a right to be a dick, you still live in America and you lost a lower income/class job.....you can find another. This is a very minor loss, its not like you lost a $50,000 a year job and your the sole provider of your family.

[quote name='MSI Magus']This is a very minor loss, its not like you lost a $50,000 a year job and your the sole provider of your family.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure many people lost precisely that. Ever heard of managers?

[quote name='MSI Magus']I mean honestly this is like someone losing their dog, being sad about it then you telling them they have no right to be sad because you just lost your dad. [/QUOTE]

Nope, it's more like I just lost my dad and then somebody came to the funeral and bitched at me about losing their dog. That's why we are offended.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I'm sure many people lost precisely that. Ever heard of managers?[/QUOTE]

Well, maybe not 50k, but many people did lose/are losing the main/only source of income for their household.

The only thing we're saying is, so the guy lost $20. It's an unknown investment. He's lost it, and it has no value. Not like you could go invest with a broker, find out they lost your money, and then ask for a refund. But I think I found the whole 'This means I lost 20 freakin bucks!' much funnier since the whole thread is about people losing their jobs and having nothing waiting for them afterwards. Shows us how we are as people.

[quote name='Ultimate_Joe']Nope, it's more like I just lost my dad and then somebody came to the funeral and bitched at me about losing their dog. That's why we are offended.[/QUOTE]

No, no its not what so ever. He is not going into the store and blaming you personally, nor is he saying your loss is a small thing by any means. He is just saying that he feels cheated which is more then fair. The people that worked there should feel cheated/like their company cost them something, so why should customers be any different?

As for the manager comment....yes I am sure most of these rude people were managers...and I am sure managers at a game retail chain were making crazy bank *rolls eyes*

All I am saying is that yes ultimately it is very sad that people lost their jobs, but its also sad how many of you think that gives you a right to be a dick to others.

[quote name='MSI Magus']He is not going into the store and blaming you personally[/QUOTE]

You may be right here, but I *DID* have to deal with tens of people per day, for a couple weeks, doing just that. So maybe that's why I'm bitter when I see it online as well, because for every one guy here, there were a dozen in real life.

[quote name='Ultimate_Joe']You may be right here, but I *DID* have to deal with tens of people per day, for a couple weeks, doing just that. So maybe that's why I'm bitter when I see it online as well, because for every one guy here, there were a dozen in real life.[/QUOTE]

THAT I can understand and that was going to be my next point. I can understand you being upset, but unless someone is coming into the store and saying you the employee are to blame then you need to accept people have a right to be upset about losing the warranties they paid for. Anyways I am going to drop this now, I just had been watching you guys dump on him for the last day or two and after a whole freaking page worth of it I could not take it anymore.

[quote name='MSI Magus'] As for the manager comment....yes I am sure most of these rude people were managers...and I am sure managers at a game retail chain were making crazy bank *rolls eyes*[/QUOTE]

Not sure what world you live in, but 50k is not "crazy bank".

[quote name='MSI Magus']You guys should quit being such dicks to him. Its a perfectly legitimate gripe that he spent $20 on something that no longer is worth anything. Yes its sad some of you and many other non CAGers lost your jobs, but sorry losing your job does not give you a right to be a dick to other people when their upset about a less significant loss. [/QUOTE]

I agree with this. I'm not trying to fuel they fire but if a store employee pushed the warranty on him, then he has every right to bitch about it if it won't be honored.

bread's done
Back