ALL MICROSOFT POINTS HAVE BEEN SENT OUT | Dream Car Challenge | No Begging/Trading

Status
Not open for further replies.

IXI Dragunz IXI

CAGiversary!
Feedback
135 (96%)
http://www.dreamcarchallenge.com/main/Default.aspx#

I don't know if this has been pointed out yet or not but, if you log-in and submit a car, and then rate a car you will earn Microsoft Points each. So that will give you 100 Microsoft points a day. You can only get 100 per day, so just continue to do this daily and you will rack up the points. I believe that you receive your points in an e-mail after the promotion ends.

*Note that it might say you have earned 200 from the promo the first time you do it because 100 of that was just for submitting your first car and registering. Sorry if this has been posted before.

*Rumor, you can only get a max of 2,000 points, so get your spare e-mails handy if you're greedy.

http://i36.tinypic.com/wj6yhv.jpg

so you can use your account again to get more points? sounds like they may be trying to catch ppl who did it already....

i'll pass, i got 1200 anyways!

What exactly are you suppose to do? I rated another car and submitted another and did not recieve another email with points.

It's telling me I've already earned the maximum for this contest.

EDIT: [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]VQKQ9-8PVG6-X8CRC-8DV6Y-QQY8W is the code if you want it.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Looks like they're blocking on the Gamertag level as I've used a fresh gmail account and reached the same limit restriction.

Kudos to Microsoft by implementing this now, which they should've done in the first place or maybe by IP.

OK, I figured it out. You wont get the points until the end of the promotion

FAQ said:
Q. How will I receive the remaining Points I have accumulated during the promotion?
A. At the end of the promotion, you will receive an email with a coupon code(s) for the total amount of points accumulated during the promotion that you can deposit into your Microsoft Points account. To deposit these Points coupons, follow the steps 3 & 4 above. Go to the Microsoft Points website http://points.microsoft.com and select “Redeem a Microsoft Points prepaid or promotional code” link. You will be asked to sign in with your Windows Live ID.

I have 10 E-mails ready for this to be abused to the max. 20,000 here i come.

Im not using the points entirely for myself, Just had to type that, Will be sharing a big chunk of it :)

[quote name='Metalic']I have 10 E-mails ready for this to be abused to the max. 20,000 here i come.

Im not using the points entirely for myself, Just had to type that, Will be sharing a big chunk of it :)[/quote]

You'll be sharing pretty much all of it since you can only redeem one code per account.

[quote name='bow zon0']its only one code per account lol i found out after i did 25[/quote]

1. 2,000 per account at the end of the promotion,

2. Make 10 Gamertags + Live ID's

3. SUCCESS!?

You'll be sharing pretty much all of it since you can only redeem one code per account.

10,000 of it yes. But ^ look above. While i am still being greedy as hell i could easily go for 20 or 30. i gotta have some friends to play those games with afterall so sharing is a must!

Edit: Most content bought is linked to the 360 and not the gamertag.

Last edited by a moderator:
....it's not a "rumor"....it was in the freaking rules. Although noone bothered to read them or the posts made by numerous others on this forum, the rules page said that the max any one person could get was 2,000 and you get 50 points per car rated (100 max a day), and 100 for creating a new ride. You get the points on September the 19th I believe.

. What are Microsoft Points and how can I receive them through my participation in this Promotion?
Microsoft Points are points is a micro-payment system that works across multiple marketplaces such as Zune, Xbox live or Windows Live gallery to buy goods and services (for additional information on Microsoft Points, please go to: http//points.microsoft.com or http://pointsbiz.microsoft.com. Eligible Promotion entrants will be presented the opportunity to earn Microsoft Points upon the successful completion of identified earning opportunities and redemption requirements described below. Up to a maximum total of 24,000,000 Microsoft Points will be made available to Promotion entrants. In order to receive Microsoft Points for participating in this Promotion (while supplies last), you MUST affirmatively opt in where specified in the Promotion’s initial registration process.
Microsoft Points (“Points”) may be earned in this Promotion, while supplies last, by completing up to a maximum of two (2) activities in any Calendar Day of the Entry Period as follows:
  • 100 Points for registering for the Promotion for the first time (limit one (1) registration per entrant/email address during Entry Period); Thereafter, 50 Points can be earned each day for creating and entering a ‘ Dream Car’ (limit one (1) entry per entrant/email address per Calendar Day during the Entry Period); and
  • 50 Points can be earned for every one (1) “rating” made by entrant of a ‘Dream Car’ Entry posted on the Site’s gallery (limit one (1) rating/entrant/email address per Calendar Day during the Entry Period).
There is a maximum limit of 2,000 Points per entrant/email address during the Entry Period (while supplies for the Promotion last up to an aggregate total of 24,000,000).
Promotion entrants who have opted in will be issued an email containing a 25 character alphanumeric code which can be redeemed for Points at www. points.microsoft.com/userportal. Points cannot be gained via a participant’s Xbox console or Zune client. Additionally, users must have or create a Windows Live ID in order to utilize Microsoft Points.

anyone mind sharing some pts... I signed up and gotten 0 pts.... don't know why :(
pm me please... really want to get some xbl arcade games. thanks
will +rep

[quote name='ogbaka']anyone mind sharing some pts... I signed up and gotten 0 pts.... don't know why :(
pm me please... really want to get some xbl arcade games. thanks
will +rep[/quote]

I'll pm you.

EDIT: PM sent.

While I did take part in "abuse" of this promotion last time, I am glad to see that apparently it is restricting the amount of codes you can put in per Live account -- is this right?

[quote name='dg7md']While I did take part in "abuse" of this promotion last time, I am glad to see that apparently it is restricting the amount of codes you can put in per Live account -- is this right?[/quote]

Yeah, one code per account.

[quote name='life.exe']Yeah, one code per account.[/QUOTE]
Unless you keep doing it as the op said in which case you can get up to 2,000pts for one account in september.

I forgot this board existed.

But yeah, I used the email/clear cookies trick and got a bunch of codes, but only can only submit 100 points to my Live account. I'm going to put in another code tomorrow to see if it'll take it.

So if I get this right, I can get 100 points just for signing up (which I got already) Then each day, I can submit another car and also rate someone else's car to get 100 and 50 points respectively which will be given to me in September?

I got 100 for my Gamertag, 100 for my "adult" account (which I use for M-rated demos), and 100 for the new Gamertag I'm setting up next week for the Too Human demo (need that free month of gold).

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I got 100 for my Gamertag, 100 for my "adult" account (which I use for M-rated demos), and 100 for the new Gamertag I'm setting up next week for the Too Human demo (need that free month of gold).[/quote]

You're reminding how much it's a pain in the ass to say you're under 18 when signing up for Xbox Live. So much trouble just to get that DMC4 demo:bomb:

I've received the intial points for creating my account, when I do I get the others from voting on and creating cars?

Edit: Nevermind I see now. You get the code at the end of the promotion for the accumulated points... lame. Hope Megaman isn't out before then.

Thanks, I found out about this about 10 seconds to late before.

I'm exactly 71 points shy of getting the new halo maps (had a free zune song download card worth 79 points plus some other odd remainders) and just trying to get that 100 :D

It took me a while to get it, so heres what Ive gotten for all those that are lost.

-You get 100 points for signing up which is emailed to you immediately.
-You can get a max of 100 per day(50 for making a car, 50 for rating one) If they dont appear immediately just log out then back in.
-These points will be emailed to you when the contest is over in September
-You can earn a MAX of 2,000 per email/Gamertag
-In order to exploit this, just make more email addys and silver accounts, so you will have 2K points on each account

[quote name='flameo2000']Thanks, I found out about this about 10 seconds to late before.

I'm exactly 71 points shy of getting the new halo maps (had a free zune song download card worth 79 points plus some other odd remainders) and just trying to get that 100 :D[/quote]

If you're still short on points, I've got a spare code I can PM you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back