All PS3 Gold Box Event (Thursday June 17 at 12AM PT)

vipes209

CAGiversary!
I saw this ads by the PS3 section. Here it is. http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox
Goldbox: Battlefield Bad Company 2 at $39.98 as Deal of the Day
1st PS3 Goldbox Lightning Deal: Borderlands $26.99
2nd PS3 Goldbox Lightning Deal: PDP Afterglow Controller $14.99
3rd PS3 Goldbox Lightning Deal: GTA Episodes from Liberty City $26.99
4th PS3 Goldbox Lightning Deal: Intec Charge Base 2 $19.99
AllPS3_GB_June2010._V191104930_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']

Here's a tip Amazon. NO ONE wants to see (let alone buy) crappy 3rd-party hardware accessories during the GB events.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, most of these usually still sell like hotcakes.

I love how Borderlands was 27.99 yesterday, but they bring it up to 36.99 or w/e it is before they apply the lightning deal.

Just got the game myself a few days ago, absolutely hooked.

[quote name='oscargrouch']Amazon spilled the beans on Twitter. Borderlands for 27 up next.[/QUOTE]

lol, so the same price they originally had it up for.

[quote name='3peen']I love how Borderlands was 27.99 yesterday, but they bring it up to 36.99 or w/e it is before they apply the lightning deal..[/QUOTE]

Wasn't it last week, a Dad's promotion?

Seems like Amazon can only have a great deal whenever they are matching someone elses. Whens the last time there were only 4 lightening deals in a day?!?!?!

Will Rockstar release a GTA4 version that includes the episodes from Liberty City? Just wondering if the price on this is good enough today, if I should I snag it and get GTA4 for cheap later. Wanting to play these after I finish San Andreas. :)

I've been interested in Borderlands, and even tho the saving is nice, they have made the same offer over the past weeks, first when they were giving a $10 video game credit while the price of the game was $36.99 (if I recall correctly) and second during the Dad's offers week, when they were giving the game for $27.99 (was it?).

I still consider that the deal they had with the 360 version was better, the game was $36.99 but they were giving for free two expansions, valued in $20 (how good or bad they were, that's another story).

I'd have probably jumped into this a couple of weeks ago, but considering I already bought some games from Amazon a couple of months ago, it has to be a good offer to consider buying another, at least for now.

[quote name='Azuvidexus']Wasn't it last week, a Dad's promotion?[/QUOTE]

I remember seeing it yesterday still listed at that price, so I am not sure if it was intended to remain at that price, just know that it still was.

[quote name='crow3232']so i have $10 credit. Borderlands, Assasins Creed II or Williams pinball[/QUOTE]
Williams Pinball, hands down! I played that game like a fiend for weeks after I got it. It's a great titles and I recommend it to everyone with a PS3/360. The Gottlieb not so much. :whistle2:(

Still hoping for a WC2. :|

That light-up controller is hideous... this is a crummy lightning deal day.

[quote name='crow3232']so i have $10 credit. Borderlands, Assasins Creed II or Williams pinball[/QUOTE]
If you enjoy fps, Borderlands. I played through it twice and wouldn't mind playing it again in the future.

[quote name='battra92']Williams Pinball, hands down! I played that game like a fiend for weeks after I got it. It's a great titles and I recommend it to everyone with a PS3/360. The Gottlieb not so much. :whistle2:(

Still hoping for a WC2. :|[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what you just said.

Just came by to say yes, what a terrible Gold Box.

[quote name='jmbreci']Epic failure - $26.99 is the Liberty Cities price? You had it for the 360 for $19.99.[/QUOTE]
PS3 version was released 2 months ago, 360 version 8 months ago. Makes perfect sense.

[quote name='jmbreci']Epic failure - $26.99 is the Liberty Cities price? You had it for the 360 for $19.99.[/QUOTE]
... yeah, considering a few weeks ago it was $29.99 with a $10 gaming GC (matching GS promotion).

These lighting deals are so lame lately that I don't bother to follow now.

I remember last year the lighting deals were decent enough that I had to sit and wait until the specific time came, and then clicked within the first few seconds in order to hopefully get it into the cart. The good ol' day.

Hats off to Trace17 for correctly crushing the dreams of the CAG nation and predicting the inevitable future :p I suppose the avatar is appropriate lol. Sorry for doubting you good sir!

bread's done
Back