All store target received Classic SNES in stock in stores only

That's awesome, I have been looking for a new project and I think I may have just stumbled onto it, how do you plan to finish the cabinet? Paint, wrap, something else?

It looks great.
Black paint, white t-molding, blue & white buttons & joystick knobs. I will also be purchasing some side art and marquee, likely from gameongrafix.com. I still have to make or buy a monitor bezel and some glass and cut some plexiglass for the marquee and control panel. I was working on it a bit today. I’m almost to the point where I can tear it all down and paint it. It’s been a ton of work

Saw a few at my local Walmart yesterday, first time I’ve seen them in the wild.

Was gonna get one for my secret Santa but we instituted a $50 gift limit.

I loaded Retropie on it which has all kinds of emulators built in. I have everything on a 64GB micro sd card and so far I have: MAME 2003 (~4300 games), NES, SNES, MasterSystem, Genesis, Sega CD, TurboGrfx 16/CD, Gameboy Color, GBA. In total about 8-9K games and room to spare.
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
Careful now, you're halfway to the upside down from the looks of it. . .

“I don’t understand why somebody would buy something I don’t like. That’s ludicrous. Just buy stuff that I like or approve of and everybody can be happy.”
It's not a silly or insulting question to ask people what they see in a product that you don't. If I saw people lining up to buy buckets of fish heads, I'd ask why all the fuss since that's not something I'd expect the average person to want to buy. And maybe they'd have a great reason for it. Or maybe they'd throw an oddly defensive hissy fit that anyone dared to question their purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked one up at my local gamestop this morning. One of the busier ones around. I was first in the store when they opened and they only received two. It’s ridiculous but they are still coming in slowly. A bunch of GameStop’s around my area got shipments in Friday morning. Good luck everyone.

I checked istocknow.com and saw that this GameStop received them last night when they were closed, so called up before they were open and the guy looked on his computer to verify. Was the only one waiting outside when they opened up, walked up and there it was. Just stayed persistent.

It's not a silly or insulting question to ask people what they see in a product that you don't. If I saw people lining up to buy buckets of fish heads, I'd ask why all the fuss since that's not something I'd expect the average person to want to buy. And maybe they'd have a great reason for it. Or maybe they'd throw an oddly defensive hissy fit that anyone dared to question their purchase.
Except that this isn’t a bucket of fish heads. It’s a game system. Just like some people are interested in Nintendo and some aren’t or some people wanted an X1X and some didn’t, you can’t pretend that you don’t see why ANYONE would want one. That is, unless you’re really, really stupid.

I don’t want a Switch or a PS4, but it would be disingenuous of me to come into a thread and act confounded that someone would want one of those systems.

Don't be stupid.

Except that this isn’t a bucket of fish heads. It’s a game system.
Well, no kidding. Congratulations on calling out an analogy. It's also a game system with several other options to get the same effect, hence the question.

I don’t want a Switch or a PS4, but it would be disingenuous of me to come into a thread and act confounded that someone would want one of those systems.
Except the question isn't "Hey, why do you want a SNES that's so dumb", it's "Hey, why are you going through the time and effort to get this particular SNES and not one of the other ways you could be playing the same games?" This is where most people would respond with the advantages of this particular model to make it worth the price/time/effort and not start going ape irate that anyone dared question their purchase.

For people saying "Don't be stupid", you guys are remarkably dense on basic stuff.

Anyway, I'll leave you guys to act weirdly possessive. I mainly popped in because my kid works at Target so I thought it might be interesting or I could ask him about it.

Look, I want a bucket of fish heads that looks exactly like the first bucket of fish heads I ever played with 30 years ago even if that bucket of fish heads has limited use and isn't really exactly like the first bucket of fish heads I ever played with.  I'm old and have disposable income and I either want to be nostalgic or want to display the bucket of fish heads for aesthetics, but instead of admitting that I'm going to insult people and call them stupid to show people that just because you're old and have disposable income, doesn't necessarily mean you are mature.  

So it looks like that stock tracker is inaccurate except for Gamestop. Gamestop doesn't open consoles right? Just games?

Except the question isn't "Hey, why do you want a SNES that's so dumb", it's "Hey, why are you going through the time and effort to get this particular SNES and not one of the other ways you could be playing the same games?" This is where most people would respond with the advantages of this particular model to make it worth the price/time/effort and not start going ape irate that anyone dared question their purchase.
The only way someone would need the appeal of this product explained to them is if they are willfully feigning ignorance.

If the questions were ever genuine, we'd answer them at face value. But the questions aren't genuine, instead they are unhinged ramblings about bags of fish heads.

Just picked one up from a local Walmart woo! They had 8 in total at that time. Feels good to finally find one and stick it to the re-sellers. Sadly there are still too many people giving those assholes money..

This was definitely easier to find than the NES classic. Either I just got very lucky or Nintendo really is actually doing a better job of meeting demand. Shocking.

This thread keeps giving me hope, even though I’ll likely never find one in the wild. EBay is offering a $20 coupon if you sell something for over $20 so maybe I’ll use that to bring the resell price closer to retail.

Saw some in a rural Walmart yesterday. They had 7 left, 1 sold. (Looks like they only had 8 total the way the shelves were stocked.)
Yup, I found 5 SNES Classic's at the Osprey, FL Walmart. I snagged one and by the end of the day they were all gone. Nintendo said they learned their lesson from the NES fiasco so they plan on making a lot more. Now hoping for a N64 Classic and Gamecube Classic.

This thread keeps giving me hope, even though I’ll likely never find one in the wild. EBay is offering a $20 coupon if you sell something for over $20 so maybe I’ll use that to bring the resell price closer to retail.

If you don't mind me asking, do you live in a small town/county? Last year with the NES I only ever walked into one in the wild once. Otherwise you had to wait in lines or know where to be at the right time. This year with the SNES, I've walked into it countless times at various stores.

Have you tried using istocknow to locate one? These are fairly easy to find. Right now it shows that 1550 Walmart stores have them in stock, plenty in my area (NVA).

If you're interested, I wouldn't mind helping out a fellow CAG and picking one up for you at cost + shipping. PM me if anything.

Found a bunch of classics a couple weeks back at a local Walmat (snagged one for myself of course). Ran across some more at another Walmart a week after, and just saw a bunch more at a Target yesterday. There is no reason anyone should be paying more than MSRP for these.

These are out there. I imagine e it just depends on the area. Found 4 before Thanksgiving at my local walmart miday without even looking. Gamestop 4 hours west had them black friday. Found 4 more at another walmart 3 hours south day after christmas. Just be patient.

As to the appeal...they're neat. In today's install crazy gaming market, I just plug it in, turn it on and play. No update bs, no loading games and playing them hours later, no sign in, no crap. Like the good old days...turn on and play.

Saw 3 or 4 at my Target. Already have one, but nice to see available in store.

Its coming to a point where getting these isn't difficult and a sale on one of these would be the only reason to mention these things again. But a sale will never happen as they sell well regardless.

Every time I see people mention they're back in stock, I check around and can't find any. Good thing they refuse to just dump all stock online.

Every time I see people mention they're back in stock, I check around and can't find any. Good thing they refuse to just dump all stock online.
That is why they are accessible to most everyone. If the stock was put online, bots would make it impossible to get one like back with the NES Classic.

That is why they are accessible to most everyone. If the stock was put online, bots would make it impossible to get one like back with the NES Classic.
And yet for people like me without many stores near them, they're harder to find. I got an NES online. And the low production of the NES overall was the real problem.

Saw about 20 SNES Classic Edition consoles today at a local BB in NVA (Baileys Crossroads). They were locked in a glass display case near the Nintendo games area. These are fairly easy to find in brick and mortar stores, no one should be having trouble finding them. Istocknow helps locate them at Target, GS, and Walmart. For BB just keep checking stores.[attachment=29165:IMG_20180103_150907841_HDR.jpg]

I was at the target in Las Vegas on Blue Diamond Rd today and there were at least 5 in stock in the games section locked in the glass. 

Was tempted to pick one up but I have too much of a backlog on current systems as it is.

I have a modded original xbox, but there's something about playing with the original controllers and clean interface that intrigues me.
That’s the reason I have one, plus it just looks kinda neat. You can also add other games if you decide to. Got to play Batman returns with the SNES controller on a Saturday and felt like a trip down memory lane renting a game and playing it, lol

As to the appeal...they're neat. In today's install crazy gaming market, I just plug it in, turn it on and play. No update bs, no loading games and playing them hours later, no sign in, no crap. Like the good old days...turn on and play.
It's one of those things we didn't appreciate back in the day, but now wish we could have back.

Just grabbed one at Best Buy I was so on the fence but I figured at some point Nintendo will stop producing them and I want one. They had probably close to 20 when I got there at the Grandville, MI location in case anyone happens to be in traveling distance and can’t find one.

Gonna buy a onesie and play this thing on Saturday morning after eating a bowl of sugary cereal.  Yeah, I can get a raspberry pi, but it's nice to play with SNES controllers and options that the Classic provides (rewind, CRT filter, pixel perfect, and etc.) 

Finally found one. Didn’t have any at the Target I went to, but next door was a Best Buy, which they had.

Bought one at a Best Buy in New Braunsfuls Texas, a city about 25 minutes northeast from San Antonio.

They had 5 left.

Funny thing is that the Best Buy website says they are sold out, but they were in store though.

bread's done
Back