Am I getting a good deal?

heffaji

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Recently I've been looking into expanding my collection of older video games and I've just come across the opportunity to make a purchase of an Atari 2600 with an assortment of games. The seller is asking $75. Since I have no idea what the worth of the system or any of the games is, I'm simply going to list them and leave this to the minds of the community. And here are the contents:

Atari 2600
5 joysticks
6 paddles
Star Raiders pad controller
Combat
Dragonfire
Skyjinks
Street Racer
Circus Atari
Canyon Bomber
Pong Sports
Raiders of the Lost Ark
GI Joe: Cobra Strike
Asteroids
Cosmic Arc
Poker Plus
Tank Plus
Real Sports: Baseball
Starmaster
Pac Man
Defender
Star Voyager
Stampede
Gunslinger
Arcade Pinball
Indy 500
Math Grand Prix
Atlantis
Space Invaders
Yar's Revenge
Lock N' Chase
Berzerk
Super Breakout
Star Raiders
Space Jockey
ET
Fishing Derby
Frogs and Flies
Galaxian
Spiderman
Amider
Warplock
Barnstorming
Missile Command
Return of the Jedi- Death Star Battle
Warlords
Adv of Tron
Astroblast
Space Attack
Armor Ambush
Swordquest: Earthworld
Firefighter
Encounter at 15
Donkey Kong
Laser Blast
Haunted House
Journey Escape
Mash
Real Sports: Football
Demon Attack
Spider Fighter
Target Fun
River Raid
Pitfall
Megamania
Phoenix

So is this a good deal at $75?

Well you have 62 games and loose carts can usually be found for a dollar unless it is something really rare. Five joysticks and six paddles/with the Atari 2600 makes me think this is a decent deal overall.

When I had a 2600 I owned...

Combat
Asteroids
Pac-Man
Yar's Revenge
ET
Astroblast
Sword Quest: Earthworld

The ones in yellow I think are really good. The other's were ok, except for ET.

If you're new to the 2600 its a good deal since all the games would be new to you, even though a lot of them are common. Just make sure the system is in good working order.

The system wouldn't happen to have the box, or anything like that, would it? If it did, this would definitely be a great deal. But if not, it's still pretty good. You wouldn't be getting ripped off, that's for sure.

[quote name='heffaji']The only other thing I forgot to mention is that each game comes with the original instructions as well.[/QUOTE]

I think it is a worthy deal. Having the instructions makes it even better.

I would do this deal in a heartbeat. I have fond memories of Star Raiders; it sparked my love for space shooters ever since.

Oh, yeah, if they've all got the instructions, then that is a steal, plain and simple. Go for it! There's a lot of great games in that lot; you'll be very happy with them, I assure you.

its a good deal...but just try to haggle him down a bit. there is no hurt in trying and the worst thing that can happen is him saying no. i would jump on that deal quick.

bread's done
Back