Amazon: Ace Combat 6 - $27.95 Shipped

Whatever happened to that 'universal price drop' thread? Thanks for the info though OP. Not for me, but I'm sure there are plenty of people that'll dig this game.

I heard the game was going Platinum in mid-November and it will have all the DLC on it. Maybe this is the precursor to it?

[quote name='Magehart']I heard the game was going Platinum in mid-November and it will have all the DLC on it. Maybe this is the precursor to it?[/quote]

No I think its only select seasonal dlc.

[quote name='iamthekiller']price should be included in the title.. no need to make people open the tread[/quote]

Yeah, that's super irritating. It's not like you're making money off the ad refreshes.

[quote name='akashhhhh']Yeah, that's super irritating. It's not like you're making money off the ad refreshes.[/quote]

Yeah, God Forbid someone click the mouse once, or *gasp* use a better browser if it's slow.

Seriously, if you already have to visit another page (Amazon) to buy the game, what's the big deal with opening the thread?

[quote name='grifter_mcgraw']Yeah, God Forbid someone click the mouse once, or *gasp* use a better browser if it's slow.

Seriously, if you already have to visit another page (Amazon) to buy the game, what's the big deal with opening the thread?[/QUOTE]

Because there's no need to omit that info. If the price is more than I want to pay, I won't open the thread and I'll know that just by the title.

[quote name='bojay1997']Because there's no need to omit that info. If the price is more than I want to pay, I won't open the thread and I'll know that just by the title.[/quote]

I wouldn't exactly call that 'super-annoying.'

it's not that takes effort to click on the thread, it's that it takes even less effort to include the price in the title. why not make it easier like every other post?

I didnt think it was too much trouble to open the thread hehe thanks op

[quote name='grifter_mcgraw']I wouldn't exactly call that 'super-annoying.'[/QUOTE]

No, but there are those of us who don't want to click on threads that we won't be interested in and use the title to determine whether or not the thread is going to be of interest. In addition, there is absolutely no valid reason to do it, so why do you insist on defending this practice?

If you have a Fry's nearby, it's 24.99 from today thru Tuesday (at least in Bay Area) - see the Fry's thread.

had this game been 40ish + an extra 60 for the stick, woulda sold better.

It deserved the $28 price tag after nearly a year @_@

[quote name='bojay1997']No, but there are those of us who don't want to click on threads that we won't be interested in and use the title to determine whether or not the thread is going to be of interest. In addition, there is absolutely no valid reason to do it, so why do you insist on defending this practice?[/quote]

I agree, it's stupid the OP wants to tease everyone like it's an ad or something. If every thread were like that on here, I just wouldn't bother.

This is a pretty good price but it only took them a year. I was waiting on a price drop but with so many good games out, I have no interest in this anymore. Maybe it'll drop to $25 used at GS and I'll consider it there. Thanks OP, just put the price in the title from now on.

[quote name='prateeko']I need to rent this and see how I feel.

I wonder if the bundle will also drop in price?[/quote]

it was expensive, but it was also VERY limited and sold for a decent profit on ebay..

So technically it is a drop in price from ebay prices.

FYI, the Platinum Hits version (and price) is official, and some of the previously-pay DLC is now free:

Ace Combat® 6 Soars to Platinum Hits Status with Free Downloadable Content

November 6, 2008 - NAMCO BANDAI Games America today announced that Ace Combat® 6: Fires of Liberation™ for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft has achieved Platinum Hits status and is now available nationwide for a suggested retail price of $29.99. Additionally, players across North America can now download the following previously released premium holiday-themed aircraft and multiplayer stages for free:

F-14D – Halloween A-10A – Christmas F-14D – Zipang Team Battle 1 Battle Royale 1 Co-op Battle 1 Co-op Battle 2 Siege Battle 1

Thrusting players into massive living battlefields, Ace Combat 6 lets players pilot cutting-edge real world aircraft such as the F-22 Raptor and A-10 Thunderbolt as they take on screaming enemy fighter jets, ground-based anti-air emplacements and hulking naval vessels. Up to 16 players can test their dogfighting skills online in a variety of multiplayer modes, including objective-based air raids and cooperative missions. Unanimously praised by critics and fans alike, Ace Combat 6 was chosen as one of Time Magazine’s top 10 games of 2007 and lauded as “bigger, better and even more photorealistic than its predecessors” by USA Today.

Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation, exclusively for Xbox 360, is available at retailers nationwide.

[quote name='bojay1997']No, but there are those of us who don't want to click on threads that we won't be interested in and use the title to determine whether or not the thread is going to be of interest. In addition, there is absolutely no valid reason to do it, so why do you insist on defending this practice?[/quote]

I'm not defending either side, but what kind of lazy do you have to be to consider clicking once 'super-annoying?' That's all I was trying to say. If there's no price in the title, don't bitch. Sure, you may like it more, but if you really care that much, that's really sad.

[quote name='grifter_mcgraw']I'm not defending either side, but what kind of lazy do you have to be to consider clicking once 'super-annoying?' That's all I was trying to say. If there's no price in the title, don't bitch. Sure, you may like it more, but if you really care that much, that's really sad.[/QUOTE]

Probably the same kind of lazy that refuses to follow the standard format established many years ago now on this board that requires people to put the price and vendor in the title if it's just one game. It's not about whether I like it or not, it's about preventing this board from becoming an unuseable mess like Slick Deals or Fat Wallet. That's why I care that much.

[quote name='grifter_mcgraw']If there's no price in the title, don't bitch.[/quote]

Bitch away. Last I checked, this site is called Cheap Ass Gamer and this forum is called Video Game Deals. Price is integral to the concepts of "cheap" and "deals." Every thread title should summarize the essence of the deal. In the case of a single item, there's no good reason for leaving out the price.

That said, I think this thread was the exception, not the rule. Let's keep it that way.

[quote name='gantt']Bitch away. Last I checked, this site is called Cheap Ass Gamer and this forum is called Video Game Deals. Price is integral to the concepts of "cheap" and "deals." Every thread title should summarize the essence of the deal. In the case of a single item, there's no good reason for leaving out the price.

That said, I think this thread was the exception, not the rule. Let's keep it that way.[/quote]

You aren't giving a reason for putting the price in the thread title at all. The only assumption I can make is that all the bitchers are just lazy.

Give me a good reason why you guys seem to care so much over one shitty detail.

[quote name='grifter_mcgraw']You aren't giving a reason for putting the price in the thread title at all. The only assumption I can make is that all the bitchers are just lazy.

Give me a good reason why you guys seem to care so much over one shitty detail.[/QUOTE]

It's not about a single deal. It's about keeping to the format and proper protocols you follow when you post a deal. There is literally not a single good reason not to put the price in title if it's a single title. It makes it easier and faster for people to find out about deals and differentiates this site from the really poorly organized ones like Slick Deals or Fat Wallet. It's not about being lazy, it's about keeping things neat and consistent. To me, standing up for the integrity of the site is not lazy, it's the exact opposite of that. I still don't get why you are so eager to attack those of us who care. You have no jusitifcation for the OP leaving out the price, so you should probably just stay out of it.

It says North American players can now download the DLC for free, so I assume it is not included in the plat hit discs. I don't have 360 with me right now, but you could check to see if they are indeed free in the market place.

[quote name='paean']It says North American players can now download the DLC for free, so I assume it is not included in the plat hit discs. I don't have 360 with me right now, but you could check to see if they are indeed free in the market place.[/QUOTE]

I checked a little while ago and it appears that all of these are now marked as free on XBLM.

Thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='ticalmc2k2']I agree, it's stupid the OP wants to tease everyone like it's an ad or something. If every thread were like that on here, I just wouldn't bother.[/quote]

Really? Wow. Would you like a silver platter with that internet?

It looks like they are shipping out the PH version as I got my order confirmation saying it's shipping Dec. 1-9th which must mean they are OOS of the non PH versions.

bread's done
Back