Amazon announces Bioshock 2 Collectors Edition - $87.96 360 / $99.96 PS3

Maklershed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
77 (100%)
PS3 - http://www.amazon.com/BioShock-2-Special-Playstation-3/dp/B002I0J7C2

Xbox 360 - http://www.amazon.com/BioShock-2-Sp..._3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1265463895&sr=1-3

$99.96

41fPP9IvmOL._AA280_.jpg

Looks like the set includes a few posters, cards, a book about Art Deco designs, and a collector box.

---

Update 1/20/10 - pre-order for PS3 and get a Big Daddy outfit for you Home avatar :lol:

ref=amb_link_37969842_3

Last edited by a moderator:
So will Toys R Us have Bioshock 2 CE's in stock if I go tomorrow?

I ask because they just added it to their website I guess? (it says new)

[quote name='TheCutUp']So will Toys R Us have Bioshock 2 CE's in stock if I go tomorrow?

I ask because they just added it to their website I guess? (it says new)[/QUOTE]

I asked the guy at my TRU that question today and he said that they never have any idea what they're getting in terms of regular vs. CEs. That's why they don't separate out their pre-orders. He pointed out that they received absolutely no hardened or prestige editions when MW2 came out. So, good luck finding one there.

My amazon order now shows in transit, I paid for one day shipping and it shows the delivery estimate as tomorrow. Sweet!

[quote name='AceSam14']Gamestop just sent me my preorder code, you can only use it on your platform (ps3 in my case).[/QUOTE]

i wonder if everyone got a PS3 code from GS..I ordered the 360 version, got a confirmation to one email account, linked to my edge, then got the code sent to the account registered at GS.com..I already called once to figure out how to get one email address and made the CSR retarded. Maybe I'll call tomorrow and say "what's the deal? I ordered for the 360, can you send that?" of course, the PS3 one will still work ;) :D

late edit, got this email tonight: LO-effing-L:

Dear Valued Customer,

You may be wondering why you received an email about Bioshock 2 when you reserved Dante's Inferno. Well, we here at GameStop get a little excited when two big titles release on the same day. And in our excitement, we accidently sent you an email that that should have gone to someone else. Don't worry, we're not going to ask you to forward the email; we'll handle that. We just want to apologize for this mistake and assure you there is nothing wrong with your Dante’s Inferno order, and it will arrive as scheduled.

Thank you,
GameStop Customer Service

Cool beans guys. I found out that a BB about 30 mins away from me was doing a midnight opening so people could buy Bioshock 2 right at launch. The kicker was that they also had the Fallout 3 GOTY Hardcover guide in stock too (the only store near me). So, 30 mins out and 30 mins back I picked up the special edition Bioshock 2 for the 360 along with the fallout 3 hardcover guide. This way I was able to utilize the $25 gift card that I had kicking around.

The special edition hardcover guide for Bioshock 2 at ~$22 is tempting, but ultimately I find paper guides for RPG style games to be infinitely more useful. Therefore I'd rather spend a little more but get a guide that I could potentially use for 100 hours, instead of one that would only be good for about 20. It will be easy enough to find online lists of where to pick up all the audio tapes in Bioshock 2, but a lot more hassle to plod through 100 hours of FO3 GOTY by scanning through GameFAQ guides.

w00t!

Ruahrc

[quote name='token2k6']i wonder if everyone got a PS3 code from GS..I ordered the 360 version, got a confirmation to one email account, linked to my edge, then got the code sent to the account registered at GS.com..I already called once to figure out how to get one email address and made the CSR retarded. Maybe I'll call tomorrow and say "what's the deal? I ordered for the 360, can you send that?" of course, the PS3 one will still work ;) :D

late edit, got this email tonight: LO-effing-L:

Dear Valued Customer,

You may be wondering why you received an email about Bioshock 2 when you reserved Dante's Inferno. Well, we here at GameStop get a little excited when two big titles release on the same day. And in our excitement, we accidently sent you an email that that should have gone to someone else. Don't worry, we're not going to ask you to forward the email; we'll handle that. We just want to apologize for this mistake and assure you there is nothing wrong with your Dante’s Inferno order, and it will arrive as scheduled.

Thank you,
GameStop Customer Service[/QUOTE]

I really hope they aren't just forwarding that same email to someone else. There's going to be a lot of irritated people trying to use codes that have already been redeemed by someone else.

Completely random but amazon shipped my PC CE preorder at $79.82, even though it was $89.99 when I preordered. After amazon showed it as unavailable I tried to get the PC version at Best Buy, Target and both Gamestop's local to me. Both Gamestop's only received 1 copy each (only for preorders). Best But got 4 but were all for preorders and Target didn't have any.

I have to say I'm pretty damn happy right now.

Bioshock 1 was the last collectors edition I bought, I normally don't care for these things, but I just love Bioshock and System Shock too much.

Also the plural of vinyl is vinyl.

[quote name='token2k6']i wonder if everyone got a PS3 code from GS..I ordered the 360 version, got a confirmation to one email account, linked to my edge, then got the code sent to the account registered at GS.com..I already called once to figure out how to get one email address and made the CSR retarded. Maybe I'll call tomorrow and say "what's the deal? I ordered for the 360, can you send that?" of course, the PS3 one will still work ;) :D[/QUOTE]
You ordered the 360 version but GS sent a PS3 preorder DLC code?

If you have no use for your PS3 code, I'd love to have it since I bought the PS3 version elsewhere :bouncy:

[quote name='eau']If you have no use for your PS3 code, I'd love to have it since I bought the PS3 version elsewhere :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

lol, we'll see..

has anyone got their hands on this? (I know this is the Amazon thread, but it seems to be the best for 'general' discussion of the game..which I love so much in this forum on release days) I had to make a 40 min rt, 1/4 tank of gas to get my GS pre-order! Mine didn't open at midnight, i was the first to pick it up. It looks incredible! however, there is one small complaint in the way that the very fragile plastic slip cover is taped to the box. It looks like its causing unnecessary stress that will only result in damage. So the question now becomes, for people who don't want to open it, should you cut this sticker, but leave the main package wrapped? or take your chances?

IDK, but I hope I don't cave and end up opening it! :drool:

i'm about to open the shit out of mine. i'm off work early due to the weather, and i just got the box in from outside. the amazon box was huge. i opened it, then there was another box to open with 2k games on it. then the CE box was wrapped in another cardboard thing to prevent damage. i guess they really learned their lesson last time with packaging for shipping, cause this thing couldn't have been more protected.

[quote name='token2k6']lol, we'll see..

has anyone got their hands on this? (I know this is the Amazon thread, but it seems to be the best for 'general' discussion of the game..which I love so much in this forum on release days) I had to make a 40 min rt, 1/4 tank of gas to get my GS pre-order! Mine didn't open at midnight, i was the first to pick it up. It looks incredible! however, there is one small complaint in the way that the very fragile plastic slip cover is taped to the box. It looks like its causing unnecessary stress that will only result in damage. So the question now becomes, for people who don't want to open it, should you cut this sticker, but leave the main package wrapped? or take your chances?

IDK, but I hope I don't cave and end up opening it! :drool:[/QUOTE]

Yeah I did not really like how the slip cover is attached to the box. First of all it's just a little loose, so if you aren't careful when holding it then it's possible to put stress on it potentially bending it.

The box is indeed quite large. You could practically fix the 360 console inside it. One thing I thought was cool was that they reproduced all the xbox packaging labels and stuff on the back of the slipcover (like "1-8 players", "in-game dolby digital", etc), except that since the box is so giant, the labels are huge too. I dunno I thought it was neat.

One of the sides of my slip cover has come untaped from the shrink wrap surrounding the box itself (it was untaped when I picked it up at the store), just from the play that exists between the slip cover and the box. I suspect you you could easily untape both sides and slide the slip cover off, letting you look at the box without actually doing any irreversible damage.

From watching youtube videos of the PAL unboxings, I like their packaging a lot better. Instead of a slip cover, the outer cardboard is a whole box which encapsulates the collector's box. It also seems to fit tighter but it's hard to tell from just a youtube video.

I'm going to keep on my policy of not actually unsealing newly bought games until I am ready to play them. I've been able to return/rebuy at least one game that dropped in price due to me keeping it sealed, and have a couple that would resell pretty well if I chose to get rid of them. At the rate I am going it will be a while before I get to the Bioshock 2. Either I will have a valuable collector's item on my hands at that point, or I will have a lot of fun unboxing it :).

Ruahrc

I had extra money, and somebody canceled thieir bioshock 2 CE today at gamestop. So I upgraded, for $40 more.

Well, Amazon is awesome. I ordered with Free Super Saver Shipping. they must have upgraded me to overnight delivery or something, because it shipped yesterday and I'm going to install it in five minutes.

I got an email from amazon saying that because of all the snow, that my "release day shipping" would actually come tomorrow :(

[quote name='xTraPointLess']I'm staring at a whole shit-ton of the special editions at my BB at Harlem-Irving in Chicago. All 3 platforms.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. The one I work at got two for PS3 and two for 360, none for PC.

In any case, though, I think the days of CE's being super-rare and commanding a high value are over, for the most part. Unless the game is obscure or limited-run, or something.

Wow ... well I feel utterly and completely ripped off. I thought this CE was going to be great but so far it's just been a terrible rip off. I opened it and instead of finding my Big Sister figure, I found a CD and some book ... then there's this thing that look like a bigger CD but I can't get it to play on my Xbox ... and there were some rolled up papers that I threw away because I'm pretty sure they were just filler, at least I think so, didn't look at them before I tossed them. Frankly I just can't believe anyone would spend money on this ... what a terrible CE.

[quote name='etcrane']Wow ... well I feel utterly and completely ripped off. I thought this CE was going to be great but so far it's just been a terrible rip off. I opened it and instead of finding my Big Sister figure, I found a CD and some book ... then there's this thing that look like a bigger CD but I can't get it to play on my Xbox ... and there were some rolled up papers that I threw away because I'm pretty sure they were just filler, at least I think so, didn't look at them before I tossed them. Frankly I just can't believe anyone would spend money on this ... what a terrible CE.[/QUOTE]

Solid joke bro!

"Bigger CD"...BWAHAHAHAHA

Haha. I live in Maryland. Snowmageddon sucks. It just started snowing again too. Another foot coming on top of the already 2 and 1/2 feet on the ground. The piles in the street are taller than all the cars.

Anyways. I saw 3 CE for the PS3 at Walmart, no 360. I didn't check Best Buy. Maybe if BB has a 360 CE after Snowmageddon, I'll pick it up.

I saw a couple of these in Target today and literally picked it up because it was so substantial and large (didn't buy it). This would be cool to have as a coffee table book but it takes up too much damned space for me.

Got mine today at GS using some credit I had. Its interesting because I certainly understand anyone saying that 100 bucks for a game is crazy.

That said the contents are really fantastic from a quality standpoint. The art book would definitely be 20 bucks any other way and you are ultimately getting two soundtracks that would (and may be) 10 bucks a piece on I-Tunes and you are at your 40 dollar mark up. Throw in an incredibly well made box and cool (but small) posters and you have the extras qualified fairly.

That said Its only fair to think in "CAG" terms which means that this game will be 30 bucks in 3 months and the CE will be 60-70 by the fall as well. I sincerely doubt this will sell out.

I'm normally not one to gush over collector's editions (especially for First Person Shooters), but I saw one and was really impressed. If and when it goes on sale, I'm buying.

Anybody pick up a Limited Edition guide? I got the first one at my Walmart today, and it's really superb!! I love the lithographs!!! I got the 1959 and "Mr. Bubbles" ones. I also have one on order from Amazon, but don't know if I should try for the other lithos or not. Anybody get the others? I would be willing to trade or buy if anyone is up for it. Really looking for "The Sisters". Anyone want to trade my "1959" for their "The Sisters"? PM me.

I got my PC CE today from amazon. I'm trying to decide if I want to keep it. I was thinking of canceling my preorder, but thought I had a couple more days. I guess I'm not sure if I really need this. Well, at least I got it for $79 instead of $99.

the PC CE on amazon will be a good leading indicator if this becomes something truly difficult to find. If they restock, it probably will be easy to pickup. But if it stays oos, watchout, stock could disappear quick from most places.

It won't come back in stock. 2K already stated that this was a one run thing, and then they were done. It's going to be more limited than people think, so pick it up if you want it.

I ordered from amazon but it shipped from kentucky instead of delaware so I am not scheduled to receive it till wednesday. Since we are expecting 12 inches of snow tomorrow and I am going to be stuck home all day and had the day off I went to bestbuy today to pick up a copy and figure I would return the one from amazon to bestbuy. Of course the kid working there said the one I got off the table was the last one left and it was totally mangled from the security "spider wrap". I opened it anyway so I could play it and now I am going to have to convince them to take mine back. I checked the website and it says its in stock so I guess the bestbuy drone just didn't give a shaq-fu and lied to me.

I found a Master Assassin's Edition today randomly ... my Bioshock CE is in the mail ... wonder if I should keep both or sell one ...

I looked at the CE box (the actual box not the slip cover) today and noticed that the design on the front is printed on, not embossed. I saw one youtube unboxing video where the guy showed that the box design was like embossed on or something, and that it had glitter on it to make it sparkle a little. I was expecting that- anyone know what the story on this is? The unboxing video was the PAL version so maybe their box gets the glitter? In which case it's kinda crummy because between that and the full-on protective shell (not just a slipcover) it seems like the PAL version is a superior release.

Ruahrc

Somehow even though we were having horrible weather in WI, and everybody else was too, my package is coming a day early from UPS. It should be here around lunchtime. Too bad I have school later!!!!!! I can't wait to rip into this (not really)! I think I may do an unboxing video, and also show off the LE guide. Comments?

For those that pre-ordered the PS3 version, have any of you gotten an email with a code for the Big Daddy outfit for your Home avatar yet?

got the toys r us bioshock 2 deal w/ giftcard & figures when they first opened tuesday, the salesman didn't realized the figures that were all around him in the stand were included. So happy I was the first sale

[quote name='evisto']For those that pre-ordered the PS3 version, have any of you gotten an email with a code for the Big Daddy outfit for your Home avatar yet?[/QUOTE]

Not yet, but they said it could take 10 days.

[quote name='prateeko']What kind of box did your guys' Special Edition come in?[/QUOTE]

It actually looked like it was specially made for the Special Edition. It's about the size of a vinyl album but four inches thick. The game itself is held an inch away from each of the edges using cardboard supports.

In short, their packing job was damn near perfect. Unless the package gets run over, it should arrive in good shape.

[quote name='ne2eire']Good to hear it isn't the usual amazon packing job[/QUOTE]It was too big to stick in a #5 bubble mailer, so they had to use a box for it. :roll:

bread's done
Back