Amazon Black Friday Blu-Ray & DVD Sale

Picked up Iron Man, Indy and Transformers.
Also got Spiderman 2 DVD for $2 and Batman Begins DVD for like $4.

Man, I dumped a ton of money on stuff today - and I never buy movies. On top of it all, I'm considering pre-ordering the Dark Knight blu-ray.

Oh well, BF "shopping" is over for me. I did my part to stimulate the economy!

[quote name='Hollow Man']Got Indy yesterday for $2 more and order is shipping soon and not cancellable. Oh well. Happy about the Iron Man though. Sleep time. Good luck to all today!

EDIT: Whoah, the order I just placed with Iron Man is already past the cancellation stage too. Eep.

-HM[/quote]

Amazon Prime orders switch to shipping soon almost immediately due to the 2-day shipping.

Wow, order already in "shipping soon" status with free shipping. New release blu-rays cost so much these days, $15 makes them a deal... kinda sad. Grabbed Panda and Iron Man. Doubt these can be found under $20 anytime soon. On that note.. bedtime.

Cool, got Transformers, Kung Fu Panda, Sunshine, and Eastern Promises. Still wish there were more "Hits under $15" though. Whatever, good night.

at least they changed the price.

they're also price matching most of the published movies on the circuit city ad (there's 4 for 9 ish and a dozen for 12) and they are lower on the simpsons seasons 1-10 ($15!) not a bad deal at all!

plus that $10 lancer snafoo thing :p

got kung fu panda and transformers for a total of 24.98, two cents short of the free super save....ordered a new shirt with it.

fuck man, i seriously stayed up for nothing. Waited for more $15 blurays but nothing. Everything I ordered: Troy, 300, The Departed, The Shining, Shinobi, I could've ordered all that yesterday.

Ordered
Iron Man
Panda
Indy

Happy with those for $15 each. I am disappointed because I expected more titles to be dropping under $15.

well I ordered the rambo boxset and got a great deal on a laptop cooler. I still expect a hundred blu rays starting at 10.95 within the next 2 days...

which laptop cooler???? I could use one for cheap

on a budget but:

madmen (blu) 17.95
wedding crashers 1.99
TMNT 1.99
nyko p3s guitar 7.95
nyko ps3 controller 4.95
brother in arms 17.95

not bad (missed dead space for ps3,:bomb:)

[quote name='shadowkast']which laptop cooler???? I could use one for cheap

on a budget but:

madmen (blu) 17.95
wedding crashers 1.99
TMNT 1.99
nyko p3s guitar 7.95
nyko ps3 controller 4.95
brother in arms 17.95

not bad (missed dead space for ps3,:bomb:)[/QUOTE]

The person might be talking about the antec one going for $11.99.

I have a couple of those Antec coolers. They work great.
The only problem is that the power light is so bright, you could use it as a flashlight.
But I don't mind really. I actually have used it as a flashlight, when moving my computer from one room to another, late at night.

So only Transformers, Indiana Jones, Shooter, and Panda are $14.99? What a fucking disappointment. I added a bunch of Blu-rays to my cart last night hoping that I'd wake up to find most of them decreased. I saw Mad Men decrease by a dollar and Panda by $2. Ugh...

Anyway, is Mad Men worth it? Never watched the show before, but the first season on BD seems tempting.

[quote name='McBain']So only Transformers, Indiana Jones, Shooter, and Panda are $14.99? What a fucking disappointment. I added a bunch of Blu-rays to my cart last night hoping that I'd wake up to find most of them decreased. I saw Mad Men decrease by a dollar and Panda by $2. Ugh...

Anyway, is Mad Men worth it? Never watched the show before, but the first season on BD seems tempting.[/QUOTE]

Yes, and I can't imagine yo0u finding Mad Men any cheaper for a very long time.

[quote name='WiiDSmoker']you guys should have gone to Wal-mart. I got 11 blu-ray movies for $8.99/$9.99 each.[/quote]

which ones and did you do a pricematch? where from?

[quote name='Lethal04']which ones and did you do a pricematch? where from?[/quote]

IMG_1221.jpg

Hermitage, TN Walmart.

Just go up to a cashier and tell them that you are price matching them with Best Buy. Since Wal-Mart is price matching everyone today, they'll do it. I might go back and get more.

[quote name='McBain']So only Transformers, Indiana Jones, Shooter, and Panda are $14.99? What a fucking disappointment. I added a bunch of Blu-rays to my cart last night hoping that I'd wake up to find most of them decreased. I saw Mad Men decrease by a dollar and Panda by $2. Ugh...

Anyway, is Mad Men worth it? Never watched the show before, but the first season on BD seems tempting.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, you just saved me a buck on Mad Men. I bought it yesterday for 17.95, and just re-ordered it for 16.99.

[quote name='WiiDSmoker']

Hermitage, TN Walmart.

Just go up to a cashier and tell them that you are price matching them with Best Buy. Since Wal-Mart is price matching everyone today, they'll do it. I might go back and get more.[/quote]

I don't think Best Buy has any of those for $8.99 so it shouldn't work with every cashier. I have a fry's in the area that has some of those for $8.99, but getting all those that aren't on sale at other places i suspect is ymmv.

[quote name='WiiDSmoker']

Hermitage, TN Walmart.

Just go up to a cashier and tell them that you are price matching them with Best Buy. Since Wal-Mart is price matching everyone today, they'll do it. I might go back and get more.[/quote]

that seems like it would be YMMV since Best Buy isn't selling them that cheap

or am I missing something in the sales ad?

edit: Circuit City does have a listing in their ad for $8.99 Blu-Ray movies though

just mention the ad. I showed them the Fry's Ad.

Cashiers are in a hurry to check everyone out. With insanely long lines and irritated customers/employees, it's very each to price match anything right now.

[quote name='WiiDSmoker']just mention the ad. I showed them the Fry's Ad.

Cashiers are in a hurry to check everyone out. With insanely long lines and irritated customers/employees, it's very each to price match anything right now.[/QUOTE]

So you mean lie?

[quote name='WiiDSmoker']just mention the ad. I showed them the Fry's Ad.

Cashiers are in a hurry to check everyone out. With insanely long lines and irritated customers/employees, it's very each to price match anything right now.[/QUOTE]

Hey I bet security is also in a hurry to get everyone out the door. Why not just skip a step and load up your cargo pants with BDs? Can't beat $0.00 tax-free, amirite?

Bullshit.

[quote name='WiiDSmoker']That's up to you, I guess. As for me, I don't give a shite[/QUOTE]

You're clearly going places.

[quote name='WiiDSmoker']Don't be mad because I thought of it first. I am no theif either. I paid for my products.[/QUOTE]

You didn't pay for the full price. That's like grabbing a coke for $1.00 and leaving 50 cents on the counter. "I paid for my product"

You're logic is off. They rang it up as $8.99, and I paid $8.99 for it. I didn't leave $4.50 on the counter and left. I paid for what the rang it up as.

I'm no fan of Wal-Mart but I don't go out of my way to take advantage of them.

You might not be "stealing", but you are taking advantage of a cashier, who could get in trouble later on if the manager cares enough.

Nice moral standard, but we already know you don't give a shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='WiiDSmoker']Don't be mad because I thought of it first. I am no theif either. I paid for my products.[/quote]

You may not be a thief but you are committing fraud. Basically you aren't bragging about getting a deal, just about your ability as a scam artist. congrats :applause: :roll:.

And I doubt you are the first person to think of lying to someone for your own benefit.

I don't know what the hell is going on, but if the thing scans for $9 then that idea is $9. The cashier goes by what things are scanned, they don't know the price of all 10,000 things in the store.

[quote name='WiiDSmoker']You're logic is off. They rang it up as $8.99, and I paid $8.99 for it. I didn't leave $4.50 on the counter and left. I paid for what the rang it up as.[/quote]
Not to nitpick, but your skipping a couple steps too. First, the product rang up for the price they normally sell it to you for, at that point you had the opportunity to price match a competitors prices. You handed them a flier, lied to them and told them all the Blu-Rays you had were that price, and had them adjust the prices to a competitor that if it were any other day wouldn't have price matched at all.

You might not be stealing, but you are committing fraud.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I don't know what the hell is going on, but if the thing scans for $9 then that idea is $9. The cashier goes by what things are scanned, they don't know the price of all 10,000 things in the store.[/quote]

They didn't scan for $9. They scanned for the regular Walmart (or current sale) price and got overridden as a price-match.

[quote name='silentspork']Not to nitpick, but your skipping a couple steps too. First, the product rang up for the price they normally sell it to you for, at that point you had the opportunity to price match a competitors prices. You handed them a flier, lied to them and told them all the Blu-Rays you had were that price, and had them adjust the prices to a competitor that if it were any other day wouldn't have price matched at all.

You might not be stealing, but you are committing fraud.[/quote]

To be honest, if the cashier did not read the ad more carefully and notice that the 8.99 value only applied to specific titles, the cashier could've done this anywhere and at any time of the year. Certain stores (Best Buy) are probably less likely due to the way they do price matches.

Holy crap, Kung Fu Panda BLR went to $14.99 on amazon. My deepdiscount price does not seem like a deep discount anymore. :p

There will always be people who try to cut corners and take advantage of a situation. It's annoying to anyone that plays by the rules, like myself, and most people, and ultimately stores have to compensate by raising prices on other items. Price matching, IMHO, will be YMMV. In our area, BB won't price match competitor's black friday prices. And they just don't need to. If Amazon reigned supreme 100% of the time, BB would be out of business. It's all relative and it's all about averaging their margin. And a little of the blame needs to be assigned to the cashiers and managers. Either they become push overs or they are steadfast. Either way, some coolio always slips through. Focus on the rest of the sales, and don't waste time getting upset-enjoy your flicks guys:)

bread's done
Back