Amazon: Buy a PSP 2000 Console and get Resistance or MLB 09 the show free

[quote name='bsesb2003']Gotta wonder if a new one is coming out soon[/quote]

A new one is already out. It is called the PSP 3000. This is an old model.

well if you are into "the scene" then you are using outdated equipment!
pixel.gif

Almost any PS1 game on the go>>>>>slightly better hardware

Anyway, this isnt a bad deal at all because you could dump the game and get a brand new 2000 series for $130-135ish

[quote name='Knoxximus']The 2000 is the model to get if you are into "the scene".[/quote]I don't think all 2000's can be exploited. I could be wrong though...

Hmmm i dont have a psp but this is catching my eye... even more when it can be exploited ^^
seems to be a pretty nice deal

[quote name='SimaYi']There really desperate to get rid of these, arent they?[/quote]

Yep and getting The Show for free seals the deal. Thanks OP!

[quote name='silent h3ro']I don't think all 2000's can be exploited. I could be wrong though...[/quote]
They should all be as far as I've seen.

Let's say I ordered a PSP 2000 from Amazon last week and it hasn't even arrived yet, would it be possible to order another one through this deal and return the PSP system itself I get with The Show? I'd be opening the one that I should get tomorrow since I have a few games already...

[quote name='bsesb2003']Gotta wonder if a new one is coming out soon
ig.jpg
[/quote]

The new one is PSP 3000 and it's much better than PSP 2000

[quote name='InertiaXr']Let's say I ordered a PSP 2000 from Amazon last week and it hasn't even arrived yet, would it be possible to order another one through this deal and return the PSP system itself I get with The Show? I'd be opening the one that I should get tomorrow since I have a few games already...[/quote]
Don't open the first package. Just tell the UPS guy to return it (a.k.a. refuse delivery). It will be sent back to Amazon and they will credit your account. If you open it, then you would need to pay shipping charges in order for it to be sent back.

You've waited this long for a PSP, just wait a few more days in order to get the free game.

I'm so happy about this deal, I've been wanting a psp for ages and now I can get it tax free, $15 off, and with a free game I can sell for at least $20. :D

Not all the PSP2000 ones can be exploited. Pretty much anything made after the God of War PSP uses the unexploitable mother board, well, at least for now.

this PSP is not exploitable! it is the the newer amazon 2000 psp. That's why it never sold as well as the other PSP2000's the homebrew community knows this and knows that that PSP is not the original launch PSP 2000 model.

Motherboard: TA-088 V3
Information: Known as the "unhackable PSP". It ships to stores with Version 4.00 or Version 4.01 or Version 4.05. It patched the exploit that the Pandora's Battery method used. It also added a new CPU and new motherboard layout.
Runs Custom Firmware? No, so please don't ask if it does.
Makes a Pandora Battery? No.

[quote name='sam861']The new one is PSP 3000 and it's much better than PSP 2000[/quote]

Many would say you're wrong. The PS3 IGN Podcast complains all the time about ghosting on the screen of the 3000 series and says the 2000 series is superior.

How is the PSP 3000 any better? Because I can now see noticeable scan lines and it's a little more brighter, not to mention unhackable (at the moment) I don't get it? And not everyone hacks a system to get free games, there are other nice mods out there that im not allowed to discuss per CAG constitution.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']How is the PSP 3000 any better? Because I can now see noticeable scan lines and it's a little more brighter, not to mention unhackable (at the moment) I don't get it? And not everyone hacks a system to get free games, there are other nice mods out there that im not allowed to discuss per CAG constitution.[/quote]

http://pspslimhacks.com/503-tiff-exploit-hello-world-v2-for-psp-slim-psp-3000/

By Tuesday a Homebrew Enabler will be released for the 3000

Even with a drop in the future, this isn't a bad deal - it's already $15 off plus a $40 game - tough to beat.

I picked it up yesterday and used one of the 10% off coupons from ECA. Even though Resistance was free, it still took $4 off.

Unmoddable psp-2000? No thanks. If I can't custom firmware on it I'll take a psp-3000 for the better screen.

[quote name='blackm20i']well if you are into "the scene" then you are using outdated equipment!
pixel.gif
[/QUOTE]

There is nothing "outdated" about PSP2000. It's technically superiour to the PSP 3000 due to the flawed design of the screen on the 3000.

This is a great deal, especially since PSP3000 launched at $299 didnt it? outrageous

[quote name='greeble']Unmoddable psp-2000? No thanks. If I can't custom firmware on it I'll take a psp-3000 for the better screen.[/QUOTE]

The PSP 3000 screen is worse, not better. Scanlines FTL

Screw it I bought one. PSP1000 is getting a bit heavy to lug around on the plane and I am taking a Xcountry trip soon, figured play some MLB to kill time in the airport/after boarding. $150 is the price of dinner for 3 so what the heck.

hmmm... I'm tempted. How likely is this to be exploited in the future? How would you go about getting an earlier "exploitable" psp, without buying used?

Maybe I'll keep saving my sony points. I'm at $64 right now. I could probably get that a lot higher by time black friday deals come along.

[quote name='expane']$150 is the price of dinner for 3 so what the heck.[/quote]

Wow, and you are on CAG. That's some expensive eating.

BTW, I'm going to pick one up too.

[quote name='woodcan']Wow, and you are on CAG. That's some expensive eating.

BTW, I'm going to pick one up too.[/QUOTE]
Well a nice sit down at a steak house or italian or something. I'm not talking about food court willy :D I'm talking Chez Papa or Houston's + drinks

Yeah flesh!

Just out of curiosity, how many here who have bought this are getting MLB vs. Resistance? I am on MLB of course so +1 there.

READ MY POST THIS PSP IS NOT HACKABLE

this PSP is not exploitable! it is the the newer amazon 2000 psp. That's why it never sold as well as the other PSP 2000's. The homebrew community knows this and they also know that this PSP is not the original launch Black PSP 2000 model.

Information: Known as the "unhackable PSP". It ships to stores with Version 4.00 or Version 4.01 or Version 4.05. It patched the exploit that the Pandora's Battery method used. It also added a new CPU and new motherboard layout.

http://www.dark-alex.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=3791

[quote name='isofan1']READ MY POST THIS PSP IS NOT HACKABLE

this PSP is not exploitable! it is the the newer amazon 2000 psp. That's why it never sold as well as the other PSP 2000's. The homebrew community knows this and they also know that this PSP is not the original launch Black PSP 2000 model.

http://www.dark-alex.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=3791[/quote]

Thanks a lot, do you know where you can find a a hackable PSP? I was looking for the dell deal where we couldve gotten one for like $125 or so. I want to make sure the one i get is hackable so I can put emulators on it.

Well I already have a PSP 1000 and a PSP1000 brick so EMU is not a concern. But thanks for the info, too bad sony spends so much time blocking emu instead of putting PS1 games on the PSN.

[quote name='KMunley']Thanks a lot, do you know where you can find a a hackable PSP? I was looking for the dell deal where we couldve gotten one for like $125 or so. I want to make sure the one i get is hackable so I can put emulators on it.[/quote]

Honestly try craigslist I've been trying to find a hackable PSP 2000 also but it is near impossible to find one in retail store brand new. Try gamestop if you want to buy a Refurbished PSP 2000 ask for a silver or white PSP or a OLDER BLACK PSP 2000 which are hackable. Just follow the link and look around those forums to find out how to tell if a PSP is hackable. I recently bought a PSP 3000 off dell.com for $151 tax added brand new hoping it becomes hackable soon which is a posibility since HEN is to be relased. Same goes with the PSP 2000 on Amazon.com, it might be hackable one day with HEN.

How long will this deal last? I thought it was limited to the first 400 redemptions, but it's still active. Glad I got in on it.

[quote name='MSUHitman']How long will this deal last? I thought it was limited to the first 400 redemptions, but it's still active. Glad I got in on it.[/quote]

its alright deal

[quote name='isofan1']READ MY POST THIS PSP IS NOT HACKABLE

http://www.dark-alex.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=3791[/quote]

Saying something is unhackable really lays down the challenge to the boys :). I learned a long time ago to never say never.

N.gif

I wonder how the newer PSP Slim or the 3000 is able to run CFW but this newer PSP 2000 isn't. Too bad the 3000 has such a jacked up screen.

[quote name='graf1k']I wonder how the newer PSP Slim or the 3000 is able to run CFW but this newer PSP 2000 isn't. Too bad the 3000 has such a jacked up screen.[/QUOTE]

As of this very moment, no newer slim or 3000 can be modded at all.

bread's done
Back