Amazon Clearance Deals

tossin

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
A few of these deals have already been posted individually, but Amazon has neatly put them together here:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=s9_hps_...pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1295118122&pf_rd_i=409566

Some highlights:

:ps3: 3D Dot Game Heroes - $18.63
:ps3::360: Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom - $12.99 (360)/$27.99 (PS3)
:ps3::360: Tron Evolution Collector's Edition - $41.39 (PS3)/$59.97 (360)
:ps3::360: Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage - $20.75 (360)/$37.92 (PS3)
:ps3: Kung Fu Rider - $10.00
:360: Dreamcast Collection - $16.92
:wii: Sonic Colors - $24.05
:wii: Naruto Shippuden: Dragon Blade Chronicles - $19.99
:ds: Scribblenauts - $16.39
:ds: Warioware: D.I.Y. - $16.85
:psp: Prinny 2 - $19.99

Last edited by EarthBoundX5; 5/8/2011 at 04:54 CST

Last edited by a moderator:
I just added some of the more noteworthy titles to the list, and updated some of the older prices. My apologies if I missed anything or made any errors.

:ps3: Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage won't be one of those cases though. The price listed before you click on the page is that of a third-party seller.

And dang it, I meant to include Star Trek Online C.E. EDIT: Fixed.

[quote name='fujimitsu']Been watching a few of these items since before they were listed as clearance.

They tend to decrease slowly in price before rubber banding back up and starting the decline again.

AFAIK these go until they are out of stock. The key is to keep an eye on how many they have left, and try to catch them at the lowest price before they sell out.[/QUOTE]

Actually, the last part is not accurate. Having watched these deals for several years, generally they drop daily at a certain time and as they get closer to the minimum price point, the discounting slows. Once whatever quantity Amazon has set has been sold, they spring back up and are taken off the clearance list. They often are still in stock and generally don't get clearanced again for months if ever. Occasionally if it's an older game, they remain sold out.

Ordered stuff on Wednesday morning, Amazon is usually quick about shipping but it's still sitting there. Has anyone's stuff shipped yet?

I tried, but I could not resist Fist of the North Star for the PS3. I know that it'll drop by the time I get to play it. Oh well.

[quote name='hwmusic']Guess I'll have to wait til black friday for a sub 29.99 Castlevania LoS PS3 collectors[/QUOTE]
if you have a kmart nearby, see if they have one. I picked mine up 3 weeks ago for that price, and AFAIK all kmarts that still have them left in stock have them at $29.99 :)360: and :ps3:). Even funnier because they have the regular edition then on the shelves for $49.99.

I'm a sucker for soundtracks so I've got my eye on the CastleVania collector's edition. Any noticeable differences between the 360 and PS3 versions? It looks like the Xbox version is on 2 discs, which could be annoying, but do you still need to swap if you install the game?

Dang, I should have bought the Naruto DS with the figures. It's full price again and the TiV is at $29.75. I would have tried that out for $10.

any other noticeable drops besides Fist of North Star? I'm gonna have to pull the trigger soon for PS3 ver

[quote name='BustaUppa']I'm a sucker for soundtracks so I've got my eye on the CastleVania collector's edition. Any noticeable differences between the 360 and PS3 versions? It looks like the Xbox version is on 2 discs, which could be annoying, but do you still need to swap if you install the game?[/QUOTE]

ya pretty sure you still have to swap. In this case the PS3 versions the superior one. I think it was the lead sku too. They both look pretty good though

The Dreamcast Collection dropped to $14.73. Just got the CAG price alert on it. Would have posted a new thread but since it's in the AZ clearance section it really belongs here. Almost where I think I'll ultimately buy. Thinking this would be an easy pickup for $10 at some point. Or should I just bite now?

[quote name='topplehat']Tempted by 3D Dot Heroes.

Also noticed Dreamcast Collection for 16.99 for those interested.[/QUOTE]

I might pick this up.

DJ Max Portable 3 went up in price. Is this game ever going to be sold as at local/physical retailers? :(

It seems I'm going to have order DJ Max Portable 3 and Last Window if I'm ever going to get an actual disc/cartridge.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']DJ Max Portable 3 went up in price. Is this game ever going to be sold as at local/physical retailers? :(

It seems I'm going to have order DJ Max Portable 3 and Last Window if I'm ever going to get an actual disc/cartridge.[/QUOTE]

If you have a Fry's locally, they have it and some independent game shops carried it. Otherwise, you're out of luck.

[quote name='spOOfy']Castlevania: Lord of Shadows Limited Edition is @ $39.99 for the PS3.[/QUOTE]
think it's kinda disrespectful to have cheapy as your avatar....but that's just me

I've been lurking for a while but decided to create an account so I could share this deal. Didn't think it warranted a new thread, so I'm posting it here.

DJ Hero 2 Turntable Bundle:

:ps3: $25.99
:360: $24.99

I noticed the price on GS first but then checked Amazon and sure enough, same price. And Amazon offer FSSS with it as well. And the turntable bundles are actually cheaper then their stand-alone versions. (At least for the PS3 version.)

Annnnnddd I can't post links cause I'm a new member lol. But I tried.

[quote name='PimpLimp']I've been lurking for a while but decided to create an account so I could share this deal. Didn't think it warranted a new thread, so I'm posting it here.

I noticed the price on GS first but then checked Amazon and sure enough, same price. And Amazon offer FSSS with it as well. And the turntable bundles are actually cheaper then their stand-alone versions. (At least for the PS3 version.)

Annnnnddd I can't post links cause I'm a new member lol. But I tried.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man... I got it when it was $29.99 from Amazon and still haven't even taken it out of the box...

Am I cheap enough to send that one back and order the new one all for $5? Eh idk.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Is the Dreamcast Colletion worth $12.60? I mean I already own Crazy Taxi so pretty much that would be my free game??? Lol[/QUOTE]

I heard it was kinda crap. But for 12.60 it may be worth it.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Oh, man. Prinny 2 showed up in my Gold Box today for $10.85. It's going to be so hard not to buy at that price. :/[/QUOTE]

DOOD THATS A NICE PRICE ! My favorite desgaia game is still the first one. I played it for hundreds of hours on my psp. Laharl, edna, flonne, captian gordon, the prinnys omg so many good memmories. I was so happy when lamington died and i almost cried when i thought tuesday died. The prinnys were the perfect bumbling servents. The music and plot were just fantastic. And lmao at mid boss

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='strait edge follower']DOOD THATS A NICE PRICE ! My favorite desgaia game is still the first one. I played it for hundreds of hours on my psp. Laharl, edna, flonne, captian gordon, the prinnys omg so many good memmories. I was so happy when lamington died and i almost cried when i thought tuesday died. The prinnys were the perfect bumbling servents. The music and plot were just fantastic. And lmao at mid boss[/QUOTE]

SPOILER TAGS, LEARN HOW TO fuckING USE THEM

1362599_02bcdea730.jpg

Is it sad that I actually considered purchasing "hail to the chimp"?

Nothing new really, none of these games seem to be new price drops... they were simply added to the clearance section. Seen all the ones I'm interested in already and not biting unless they go further.

[quote name='fujimitsu']Is it sad that I actually considered purchasing "hail to the chimp"?[/QUOTE]

So did I. How bad could it be for $5? lol

[quote name='PimpLimp']I've been lurking for a while but decided to create an account so I could share this deal. Didn't think it warranted a new thread, so I'm posting it here.

Annnnnddd I can't post links cause I'm a new member lol. But I tried.[/QUOTE]

I'm always for new members on here. lurkers are the useless members here that never bother to share and hoard for themselves. welcome aboard.

[quote name='fujimitsu']Is it sad that I actually considered purchasing "hail to the chimp"?

[/QUOTE]

yes because your backlog is extremely disappointed in you.

bread's done
Back