amazon.com dotd Hori ps3 fighting stick $29.99 fsss

PublikDefender

CAGiversary!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=vg_nav_hp_dotd?ie=UTF8&docId=1000208101
Amazon.com deal of the day
PS3 Fighting Stick 3 $29.99 w/ free super saver shipping
by HORI
Platform: PlayStation 3

Notes: square gate, NOT Sanwa/Seimitsu stick, NOT using Sanwa/Seimitsu buttons. Not sure, but I think this stick is wired only as well. It's definitely entry-level but if I recall correctly the build quality is solid. It has been a few years since I've heard anything about this stick though.

Amazon.com trade in deal of the day:
Batman Arkham Asylum: Game of the Year
Xbox 360
Trade-in Value: $10.50

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I'm not a stick person at all, but I thought you couldn't go wrong with Hori.[/QUOTE]

There are awesome horis like the HRAPs (Other than the EX2) and then there are garbage ones like this.

Save the 30 bucks and put it towards a good hori or one of the TE sticks that pops up in the amazon warehouse for 90 dollars that is infinitely better.

Unless you're a very casual player, IMO you should spend the extra $ for the Madcatz Fightstick. Buy.com currently has them for $39.50.

They're pretty equivalent out of the box, Hori has slightly better quality joysticks, the difference in button quality is a wash. Madcatz wins on features and cable length.

The advantage of a Fightstick though is longevity. When a button goes out on a Hori FS3 you're basically SOL without some serious tools and soldering work, it's not even worth the effort. With the Fightstick it's a straight swap, all you need is a screwdriver.

[quote name='Diebythesword']I like using it for MAME.[/QUOTE]

For people interested in PC use, go with the 360 Fightstick. The PS3 one has issues with certain chipsets, Microsoft's drivers are universally recognized.

Okay for someone who is not hardcore into fighting games, just wants something better than a controller for an occasional game of SSFIV?

[quote name='genfuyung']Garbage stick. Dont bother.[/QUOTE]

Came here to post this. Even if you're a casual player, best to save your money. If you have a friend who plays on a stick and want to piss him off though, this is perfect.

they can me MODDED but not very easy

i did the mod when DOA4 HORI stick came out what a nightmare.

and the arcade sticks from last gen mostly suxed (the real arcade periclan (spelling) was super easy to mod)

[quote name='fizzywix']Okay for someone who is not hardcore into fighting games, just wants something better than a controller for an occasional game of SSFIV?[/QUOTE]
I would say this isn't acceptable as is, even for casual players. You want a good stick that you can get used to and never look back.

I have one of these do not like it at all after using a TE, this thing is like a toy! If your gonna play SF with this good luck chaining those 1 frame links

I'm really surprised by all the negativity towards this stick. I've had one since SSF2THDR came out and I think it's alright for a casual player. For the people that would never get $90 worth of use out of a stick, I think it's a fine alternative to a DS3/Sixaxis. Just don't expect it to last forever.

MjC

What a bummer. I'm looking for a couple of affordable sticks (not a hardcore fighting stick snob). This one is wired, and also seems to only have a 4-way plate.

Seems like a decent base for a stick if you want to mod it up with some real parts.

That's always a way to go is start with a cheap stick like this then if you end up using it a lot later on replace the parts if they break.

Especially if you don't like the larger base of the Madcatz TE, this could be a good alternative. You won't spend more than $40-50 to get a set of top notch buttons and a stick.

The stick really isn't that bad. I own one....and I've got a Tournament Stick, and I can play very well on either. I usually use the Hori and let others use the Tournament Stick so that there's no excuses. It's a good cheap stick if you don't feel like dumping over $100 for the better sticks.

I own this stick and the buttons stick so bad after a few months. And it is not easy to mod at all, the board and buttons are literally stuck together and you have to do a lot of work to get them apart to mod

I own this stick and would buy it again for $30. There are certainly better sticks out there, but this does the job fine for someone looking for a huge improvement over a controller.

i'm a fairly hardcore fighter fan. Never made the transition to stick snob though. This stick works just fine only real problem is it's noisy as hell.

I'm a big Zangief player and NEVER had ANY issues executing ANY moves.

[quote name='shytface']Unless you're a very casual player, IMO you should spend the extra $ for the Madcatz Fightstick. Buy.com currently has them for $39.50.

They're pretty equivalent out of the box, Hori has slightly better quality joysticks, the difference in button quality is a wash. Madcatz wins on features and cable length.

The advantage of a Fightstick though is longevity. When a button goes out on a Hori FS3 you're basically SOL without some serious tools and soldering work, it's not even worth the effort. With the Fightstick it's a straight swap, all you need is a screwdriver.

For people interested in PC use, go with the 360 Fightstick. The PS3 one has issues with certain chipsets, Microsoft's drivers are universally recognized.[/QUOTE]

As a person who owns and purchased the Madcatz SE Fightstick when they first came out for like $80, I wouldn't don't bother wasting your money even if you see it for $30. The stick and buttons are crap and will break down on you. Mine starting sticking after a month, the warranty is way too short to resolve this, shipping alone will cost you too much. The good thing about the SE stick is that it's easy as hell to mod. You can replace the buttons and stick with Sanwa goods which are arcade quality parts but they will cost you around $50-60. In the end you're better off purchasing the Madcatz TE Fightstick which can be found for $80-100. It's a great stick has all Sanwa parts and a larger board.

I don't own the TE myself but I've modded my SE stick after my buttons broke, it works great and ultimately is pretty much the same as the TE minus the cool cabinet. When I first bought my SE stick the TE's were selling for around $200'ish and most of the stores were sold out so people were scalping them.

bread's done
Back