Amazon.com Dragon Age: Origins CE for PS3 in STOCK

Now 999+ copies with 10-14 day availability.

It's CE not LE. Why would the publisher hate money and not produce more if the demand is there?

Why were they selling these as in-stock when all of the pre-orders still haven't shipped???!!?!

Time to email CSR and get $5 for anger management hahahaha

[quote name='wynams']Why were they selling these as in-stock when all of the pre-orders still haven't shipped???!!?!

Time to email CSR and get $5 for anger management hahahaha[/QUOTE]
How do you get them to give you a $5 for the trouble? Many times I have shipping problems and all they would give me is a canned reply.

[quote name='Jodou']TWO left.

On another note, over a thousand copies available for PC now as well. CE my ass. . .[/QUOTE]

um Collector's Edition != Limited Edition

[quote name='Jodou']Who cares?[/QUOTE]

You said the following: "On another note, over a thousand copies available for PC now as well. CE my ass. . ."

Are you not implying by your sarcastic remark "CE my ass..."and mentioning that there's over 1,000 copies for the PC that the Collector's edition somehow meant limited edition?. Because otherwise just saying "CE my ass" makes zero sense in that context. Feel free to elaborate on what you really meant though...

[quote name='eau']How do you get them to give you a $5 for the trouble? Many times I have shipping problems and all they would give me is a canned reply.[/QUOTE]

email once ... 95% chance of canned reply
then call 800# until you get someone in the USofA has usually worked for me

[quote name='ssjmichael']um Collector's Edition != Limited Edition[/QUOTE]

It was originally advertised to be limited production. Not sure if that changed later on (looks like it might have).

[quote name='wynams']email once ... 95% chance of canned reply
then call 800# until you get someone in the USofA has usually worked for me[/QUOTE]
You'd go through that much trouble just for $5? Wow. What a whiner.

[quote name='Jodou']Sigh, the terms are used loosely. I'm not going to argue semantics; not worth my time.[/QUOTE]

When you have a losing position, as you do on this issue, I completely agree that it's not worth your time :)

hmm... i was originally excited by this.. but by the looks of it i might end up returning it to amazon... i figured it would be legitimately limited.. but that does not seem to be the case

[quote name='WuGgaRoO']hmm... i was originally excited by this.. but by the looks of it i might end up returning it to amazon... i figured it would be legitimately limited.. but that does not seem to be the case[/QUOTE]

Amazon's restock on all 3 editions is certainly surprising, but I wouldn't expect retail outlets like Best Buy or Gamestop to get any more.

[quote name='SDC']Amazon's restock on all 3 editions is certainly surprising, but I wouldn't expect retail outlets like Best Buy or Gamestop to get any more.[/QUOTE]

You might be right.. I will sit tight and see what happens.. interestingly enough.. the eastore had the CE in stock on Wednesday, 11/4/09 .. and now the ps3 CE is gone... maybe EA sent over their surplus over to amazon... who knows

Got my CE order in today. Still waiting on my regular pre-order. But I don't think I will touch either for awhile since I am knee deep in Aion, but it is good to know that I will have a nice copy and possibly a trade fodder when needed. Likely will play the regular and keep the CE sealed for collection purpose.

I was about to get mad because my preordered one wasn't supposed to get to me till Nov 20, but then today I got confirmation of my CE shipping today. About time, Amazon.

just got a response to my preorder not yet shipping ...

"I've made an one time exception to our standard policy, I'd like to give you a $10.00 promotional certificate, which you can use the next time you order an item shipped and sold by Amazon.com."

To the detractors, yes ... I will complain when the service is not up to snuff. Sometimes the vendor might not make it right, but at least they will hear some feedback. Letting crap like that go unchecked is a huge contributor to bad customer service that is so widespread today. You should be thanking me, not questioning how I spend my time.

[quote name='ssjmichael']um Collector's Edition != Limited Edition[/QUOTE]

hate to disagree with neighbor,but thats not right. limited=metal gear 3 limited with the red case, collector is a halo 3 with helmet.

[quote name='scaryB']hate to disagree with neighbor,but thats not right. limited=metal gear 3 limited with the red case, collector is a halo 3 with helmet.[/QUOTE]

"!=" means "does not equal". I'm simply pointing out Limited Edition does not equal Collector's Edition and vice-versa. In other words if something says Collector's Edition, that in itself does not mean quantities are limited. even if they happen to be that way because of the publisher

I really fail to see how these "in stock" threads are deals - especially for something you can get on eBay for MSRP or lower.

[quote name='bg2001']I really fail to see how these "in stock" threads are deals - especially for something you can get on eBay for MSRP or lower.[/QUOTE]

Upon release, Amazon re-sellers were listing these at $100 or more, so there are many who were desperate to find one.

Says it ships 10-14 days, which implies that they're either done with their initial orders out, or they're hoping to get another shipment in and are taking more orders on the whim. Either way I ordered a copy since my Walmart.com copy was just cancelled.

[quote name='hpv']What, they're selling this again!??! Mine still isn't scheduled to ship until the 23rd!!![/QUOTE]

I feel your pain. I preordered this back in July, and my order also said it was not going to ship until 11/23. After reading the forums at Amazon (and everyone there complaining about the same problem), I did see a few people who ordered in the last few months who actually had their copies shipped. Have to say, it is disappointing when you preorder a product 4 months ago only to have people who ordered much more recently get their orders shipped first. You might try emailing them to see if they can bump your shipping date up sooner.

I emailed customer service today, and they said the product was backordered, despite the item being listed as in stock. At least they upgraded my shipping to 2 day shipping for free, and now my order says it should be delivered by the 12th. Still not very soon for something that I should have already had by now, but at this point, I'd just settle for actually getting a copy, as I was afraid it would just end up getting cancelled. Not sure what the deal was on their inventory for this game, but to anyone ordering the PS3 CE, just be aware that you may hit some delays on actually getting it.

[quote name='scaryB']hate to disagree with neighbor,but thats not right. limited=metal gear 3 limited with the red case, collector is a halo 3 with helmet.[/QUOTE]
Le's see...

limited = metal gear 3 limited with the red case
collector = halo 3 with

It is a well established fact that metal gear 3 limited with the red case != halo 3 with helmet

So substitute your example, we get limited != collector

At the end, Collector's Edition != Limited Edition ;)

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Its a STEELBOOK baby![/QUOTE]

No it's not. It's a metalpak which is a steelbook ripoff.

Bah. I had that MGS3 Sub: Limited sealed and sold it on Ebay for $150. Now I am seeing it is going for well over $300... =/

[quote name='saetia']Bah. I had that MGS3 Sub: Limited sealed and sold it on Ebay for $150. Now I am seeing it is going for well over $300... =/[/QUOTE]

I still have two of 'em sealed :)

In stock at two Best Buys I went to recently. Use the RZ coupon (on the website) to get a $10 gift card with order.

I have the CE and trust me you don't want that crap. Two of the items included aren't all that great and actually not unlocked from the start. You still have to buy it a little bit further in the game. Sure it's a reduced price relative to the item's level, but still, it's not like it's a game breaker if it was there from the beginning.

The best thing about it was the tin case and slip on plastic cover, which was made in China. DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THAT SORRY EXCUSE FOR A CLOTH MAP. What a disgrace, it's even made in Canada. Even the most underpaid Chinese worker could have done a better job than that shyt.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ssjmichael']"!=" means "does not equal". I'm simply pointing out Limited Edition does not equal Collector's Edition and vice-versa. In other words if something says Collector's Edition, that in itself does not mean quantities are limited. even if they happen to be that way because of the publisher[/QUOTE]

i agree. too many times a "limited" will come out and be readily available. i was pointing to the limited snake eater because it is one of teh few that IS limited. it also has some awesome extras that are gameplay related.

Very few LE are actually Limited. That said, retailers are pretty much not carrying the LE anymore. I doubt Amazon will have it in stock throughout the holidays. I think it will end up relatively rare like Demon Souls, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, etc.

From a content standpoint I think it is a bit overpriced but it is a good CE. The PS3 Blu Ray has a lot of good content in HD as well as the soundtrack if you can get it off the dang thing.

I'd say 10 for the soundtrack and 5 for the case if it was good but unfortunately it is a poor man's steelbook. That means you pay about 10 bucks extra (since the regular is 50 now) to have some items that are only worth as much as you want.

I'm quite happy with the CE but certainly understand the criticisms.

This probably have already been asked, but I was wondering what's the use of the exclusive in-game item for use in Mass Effect 2 when it's not coming out for PS3?

[quote name='maxgle']This probably have already been asked, but I was wondering what's the use of the exclusive in-game item for use in Mass Effect 2 when it's not coming out for PS3?[/QUOTE]

The Blood Dragon Armor is an in-game item for both games. PS3 users only get it for Dragon Age, but 360/pc users get it in both.

[quote name='SDC']The Blood Dragon Armor is an in-game item for both games. PS3 users only get it for Dragon Age, but 360/pc users get it in both.[/QUOTE]

As far as people know, the code for the Armor is applied to your EA/Bioware account, so either edition for the PS3 will contain a code that will also work for ME2 on PC/360.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']How do you know? You got proof?[/QUOTE]

I have the collector's edition and noticed the ugly metalpak spine. Very disappointed. Also the steelbook trademark is nowhere to be found in any of the ads.

Couldn't find the other thread, so I'm going to toss this here... anyone still looking for this at retail may want to check (sorry) GameStop. I picked one up there yesterday and according to the tag, that's when it arrived.

So, either thry found more somewhere, or we're dealing with a reprint.

bread's done
Back