Amazon.com, Madcatz SF IV TE for the 360 for 99.99

This was a lightning deal yesterday, I think. Can't remember the price though (but i think it's lower than $100).

[quote name='estofan']This was a lightning deal yesterday, I think. Can't remember the price though (but i think it's lower than $100).[/QUOTE]

it was 90$ yesterday for like an hour

either way, solid price for an excellent product.

Price was $89.99, I caved and picked one up. I figure if it's not that much of an upgrade over my Hori EX2's, I can always flip it and make back most or all of what I paid for it.

[quote name='msu89dawgs']Price was $89.99, I caved and picked one up. I figure if it's not that much of an upgrade over my Hori EX2's, I can always flip it and make back most or all of what I paid for it.[/QUOTE]

Its a big upgrade..when you get it you will feel the power

Do they take an additional 10% off? It looks like they might, based on the special offer. I put the stick in my cart, and while they didn't reduce the price, they did add a promotion of 0.00. Not sure what else that would be.

I don't understand why Mad Catz is doing new sticks when they just had new sticks come out this fall (the round 2 sticks.) Why didn't they just hold off on the round 2 sticks and just have these new ones? They're flooding the market.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I don't understand why Mad Catz is doing new sticks when they just had new sticks come out this fall (the round 2 sticks.) Why didn't they just hold off on the round 2 sticks and just have these new ones? They're flooding the market.[/QUOTE]
I would love to grab those round 2 sticks cheap once those new SSF4 sticks come out. That all black casing is shexy:drool:

[quote name='MSUHitman']I don't understand why Mad Catz is doing new sticks when they just had new sticks come out this fall (the round 2 sticks.) Why didn't they just hold off on the round 2 sticks and just have these new ones? They're flooding the market.[/QUOTE]

I agree. The only way to sell off the Round 1s are with steep discounts.

I think this just shows how badly MadCatz wants to turn their name around. Flood the market with the best product you currently have. Not sure if it'll work, but at least they are trying.

Yeah but the problem is you're starting to reach the saturation point of people who are going to buy your product unless it has a big drop in price. Why do the round 2 sticks exist if they're only available for 3 months before you announce a new stick tied to Super Street Fighter IV?

[quote name='MSUHitman']Yeah but the problem is you're starting to reach the saturation point of people who are going to buy your product unless it has a big drop in price. Why do the round 2 sticks exist if they're only available for 3 months before you announce a new stick tied to Super Street Fighter IV?[/QUOTE]

But that's great for us as CAGs. It means clearance when retailers get stuck with overstock.

Not to mention all these TE sticks are 100% the same, quality wise. The only differences is the artwork and the fact that the base changed from a white to a black color.

the super sf4 sticks have a much better case design, the TE cases were an ugly shape and had that rubber ring around it. But now, the super sf4 sticks have stupidly colored buttons.

hopefully, that's a nice piece of plexiglass above the artwork.

[quote name='bojay1997']But that's great for us as CAGs. It means clearance when retailers get stuck with overstock.[/QUOTE]

True that, I was looking at the business side of things though.

Of course the week AFTER I buy the Femme Fatale TE stick for 360 from the Mad Catz store because it was only a $30 difference before shipping Amazon drops the regular TE stick price to $90/$100.

I agree with Hitman. These have really saturated the market, not just for the Madcatz sticks but others as well. I noticed my Dead or Alive 4 Hori 360 stick is now worth around $20 on ebay. I bought it for $45 or 50 at Gamestop and at one time it was worth around $100. Oh how the mighty have fallen....

Did these even sell out during the lightening deal yesterday? They still had a lot left a couple hours into the sale.

[quote name='Purkeynator']Did these even sell out during the lightening deal yesterday? They still had a lot left a couple hours into the sale.[/QUOTE]

probably because they had the lightning deal so early in the morning, most buyers were either still asleep, at work, or just unaware that it was a good deal. if they wanted to sell out, they should have made the deal during lunch hours or prime time.

[quote name='Purkeynator']I agree with Hitman. These have really saturated the market, not just for the Madcatz sticks but others as well. I noticed my Dead or Alive 4 Hori 360 stick is now worth around $20 on ebay. I bought it for $45 or 50 at Gamestop and at one time it was worth around $100. Oh how the mighty have fallen....

Did these even sell out during the lightening deal yesterday? They still had a lot left a couple hours into the sale.[/QUOTE]

I believe they did sellout during the Lightning Deal. When I checked later in the day it said 100% claim. A year ago a great quality stick was hard to come by and now you can get one with Sanwa parts easily for $100. MadCatz is definitely saturating the market with these TE sticks. They have released around five different versions,the original, round 2, femme fatale, MvC, etc; yet the rest of their product line is still crap. Oh well good for fans of fighters who no long have to spend $200 for a good stick or make their own.

bread's done
Back