Amazon.com: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance: Limited Edition [PS3/Xbox 360] - $149.99

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
:ps3: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Limited Edition - $149.99

:360: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Limited Edition - $149.99

Release Date: February 19, 2013

• The latest METAL GEAR console experience featuring an all-new style of frenetic action gameplay and central character, Raiden, a cyborg ninja who uses his High Frequency katana blade to cut through any thing that stands in his vengeful path!
  • Combining development powerhouses Kojima Productions and Platinum Games together, METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE will offer a fast & fluid game style centered on katana-based combat within the METAL GEAR universe.
  • Advanced technology: Produced by a hybrid team of renowned developers, the in-game technology promises to push the boundaries of graphics, style and lightning-speed action gameplay.
  • ZanDatsu' cut mechanic: Within the game world, players will be able to take advantage of what has been created- "an all-encompassing cutting plane in real time". Cut anything, anytime, anywhere.
  • Limited Edition includes: a full copy of the game, official soundtrack, Limited Edition 2-sided Steelbook, and an exclusive high-frequency katana blade plasma lamp
71wApGUPUtL._AA1008_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still trying to figure out the exact mechanisms behind the "high-frequency plasma effect", any physical major grad students here? Will it have radiation if I leave it on 24/7?

Thanks for the link to the steelbook, just have one question. I've never ordered from an unamerican (lol) Amazon site, does it all function the same as if it was us Amazon?

[quote name='YellowGameboyColor']Thanks for the link to the steelbook, just have one question. I've never ordered from an unamerican (lol) Amazon site, does it all function the same as if it was us Amazon?[/QUOTE]Yes, your American Amazon account will even still work. Just remember that the "buttons" aren't in English, but they function the same as the buttons that would be in the same place on Amazon.com.

I want the steelbook but Im not sure about buying from euro. I got $30 off from some games so its not to bad. I do wish we got the statue.

That steelbook is different from the one that comes with the NA LE. I personally like the one that comes in the LE a lot better. I decided to bite weeks ago. Worst comes to worst, I sell the lamp.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']I don't know what's wrong with me, but I kinda want that lamp now even though I very recently thought it was stupid:bomb:[/QUOTE]

Since my order over at Zavvi got canceled and I can't seem to be able to pre-order it over at Amazon.fr (the White Raiden CE).

I'm down to pre-ordering the lamp, I just won't open it until I see an unboxing video of it. If it looks awesome, great. I have a new unique display piece. If not, back to the store it goes.

Hate the demo... A lot. I don't like the action oriented sword play. I wish I liked it, because I was planning on getting one of these, but I can't stand it. :(

Had this ordered and then cancelled it after playing the demo. Just not a fan. Maybe I will try out the regular game six months down the road when it is cheap. Definitely not dropping $150 for the CE though - and I am a big MGS fan too.

saw the commercial for the game, what a horrible commercial. If I had to go by the ad I wouldn't buy it. I don't plan on getting this game for full retail price, just doesn't look like it's worth $60 +tax

[quote name='Gators300']Had this ordered and then cancelled it after playing the demo. Just not a fan. Maybe I will try out the regular game six months down the road when it is cheap. Definitely not dropping $150 for the CE though - and I am a big MGS fan too.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I am definitely going to cancel my CE preorder. I even have the gunmetal PS3 and I can't justify this CE. I know it will sell out, but I just don't want it.

EDIT: Just cancelled it.

[quote name='sasukekun']But not $90 cool.[/QUOTE]

can't be worst than the $99.99 alien: colonial marines Ce plastic toy statue, LOL

[quote name='YBX87']can't be worst than the $99.99 alien: colonial marines Ce plastic toy statue, LOL[/QUOTE]

No sir, can't be worse that the $59.99 alien colonial marines standard game.

Thanks for that lamp vid. I wish he had something else next to it for scale purposes, so I could gauge how big it is (I've seen the dimensions but I don't have a ruler or tape measurer and I am terrible at estimating things). I wanted it and then decided I didn't want it, but I downloaded the demo upon getting back to the country last week and have decided I want it again.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Still wondering how you plug it in or if it runs off batteries or what.[/QUOTE]

Towards the end of that video 0:15 and on, you can see a wall cord (for the AC Plug) in the back.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Thanks for that lamp vid. I wish he had something else next to it for scale purposes, so I could gauge how big it is (I've seen the dimensions but I don't have a ruler or tape measurer and I am terrible at estimating things). I wanted it and then decided I didn't want it, but I downloaded the demo upon getting back to the country last week and have decided I want it again.[/QUOTE]

It's approximately as tall as a steelbook and a PS3 game combined.

[quote name='bjstucker']was about to cancel today at GS but can't pull the trigger guy said "If I were you I would keep my preorder"[/QUOTE]

I wish I had that guys sales power. "Waves hand" you will keep your preorder, and will never think about canceling it again.

[quote name='atreyu25']It's approximately as tall as a steelbook and a PS3 game combined.[/QUOTE]
Oh, damn. Bigger than I thought then. Or roughly the size of a normal lava lamp or something. Thanks a lot.

Already played through the game. It seems that I am expecting too much from this game. 20GB of cg movie..The amount of cut-ins just drive me nuts

[quote name='GRAYFIREFOX']Already played through the game. It seems that I am expecting too much from this game. 20GB of cg movie..The amount of cut-ins just drive me nuts[/QUOTE]

Thanks KOJIMA!

[quote name='GRAYFIREFOX']It seems that I am expecting too much from this game. [/QUOTE]
Is that why you illegally downloaded it?

I really want that lamp. I played the demo and I can't even beat it on normal. Can't imagine how I'm going to get through the actual game...

I plan to pick it up from GS on Tuesday and then wait for reviews to decide if I will keep or not. I can't imagine I will want to return that lamp though.

[quote name='slowdive21']Ok the lamp has redeemed itself...Still not going to buy it though.[/QUOTE]

Amazon's got 999+ in stock for PS3 and 752 for Xbox.

I'd say wait a while and you probably will see at least 10 or 20 dollar price cut within a month.

Glad I bought it, this was exactly what I was waiting to see. Still unsure if it's better than the figure, but at least it'll make a pretty sweet CE because compared to most crappy statues nowindays.

..I really need to get rid of my Max Payne 3 statue.

Are there pictures of the lamp or a video that is filmed correctly? It looks sweet in the video but I have to bend my neck at a 90 degree angle to get a good luck

[quote name='GBAstar']Are there pictures of the lamp or a video that is filmed correctly? It looks sweet in the video but I have to bend my neck at a 90 degree angle to get a good luck[/QUOTE]
unfortunately no yet, because the embargo on the game, and related. you will have to wait till close to the release day to see an actual unboxing of the limited edition on youtube or whatever.

Here is some more for everyone! http://www.examiner.com/article/unboxing-metal-gear-rising-revengeance-limited-edition-1

I ordered this from gamestop because it had the best DLC and an artbook. (and I ended up paying an additional 10$ in taxes, so I went all in). It looks pretty awesome, and I won't cry if it goes down a bit in price afterwards. My only concern is shipping. I am afraid of gamestops piss poor shipping and packaging.....but this is one of the coolest game extras I have ever seen, and people who are canceling there pre orders for this are foolish.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eXiON']Glad I bought it, this was exactly what I was waiting to see. Still unsure if it's better than the figure, but at least it'll make a pretty sweet CE because compared to most crappy statues nowindays.
..I really need to get rid of my Max Payne 3 statue.[/QUOTE]
But statues have zero possibility of breaking after two months in. Not saying that this will, but there is the possibility if you leave it on 24/7.

bread's done
Back