Amazon.com: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance: Limited Edition [PS3/Xbox 360] - $149.99

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
:ps3: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Limited Edition - $149.99

:360: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Limited Edition - $149.99

Release Date: February 19, 2013

• The latest METAL GEAR console experience featuring an all-new style of frenetic action gameplay and central character, Raiden, a cyborg ninja who uses his High Frequency katana blade to cut through any thing that stands in his vengeful path!
  • Combining development powerhouses Kojima Productions and Platinum Games together, METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE will offer a fast & fluid game style centered on katana-based combat within the METAL GEAR universe.
  • Advanced technology: Produced by a hybrid team of renowned developers, the in-game technology promises to push the boundaries of graphics, style and lightning-speed action gameplay.
  • ZanDatsu' cut mechanic: Within the game world, players will be able to take advantage of what has been created- "an all-encompassing cutting plane in real time". Cut anything, anytime, anywhere.
  • Limited Edition includes: a full copy of the game, official soundtrack, Limited Edition 2-sided Steelbook, and an exclusive high-frequency katana blade plasma lamp
71wApGUPUtL._AA1008_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='giantqtipz']What does the JP edition have over the UK edition with the figure?[/QUOTE]

The awesome packaging, the artbook, the little figures included--I think they're lame, but that's just me--and an exclusive steelbook. The UK edition has by far the least content of any of them. It's just the figure.

UK edition comes with a steelbook with the soundtrack as well, if I recall correctly. And if you preordered it, you would have gotten another steelbook as a bonus.

And these guys grow on you fast.
saythattomyface.gif

Not sure what you're still doing around here.
Go play the game.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']UK edition comes with a steelbook with the soundtrack as well, if I recall correctly. And if you preordered it, you would have gotten another steelbook as a bonus.[/QUOTE]

It definitely doesn't come with a steelbook. I also didn't see the soundtrack in the unboxing I watched, but I could have missed that.

Is the JP edition limited?

I already have the NA edition with lamp, and the UK edition is arriving next week from zavvi, which is limited to 25,000 I believe. Now I'm contemplating on getting the JP edition, but the only unique thing I see is the small gekko figures, which are very small...

[quote name='giantqtipz']Is the JP edition limited?

I already have the NA edition with lamp, and the UK edition is arriving next week from zavvi, which is limited to 25,000 I believe. Now I'm contemplating on getting the JP edition, but the only unique thing I see is the small gekko figures, which are very small...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's sold out at most places. The packaging is awesome--was a big plus for me--and is completely different from the others. The steelbook included is also exclusive. It's similar to some of the other 4 steelbooks, but it is a 5th variant.

[quote name='Flowstance']That's fine, but in the last few days, 3 of them have sold below MSRP, and several more were just above it. There were also buyouts on higher priced ones.

I didn't say they would all instantly be changed to a lower price on Ebay buyouts, I said they would be worth less then MSRP within a month. I'm not sure why that's hard to believe for anyone, there isn't anything particularly special about this LE. I'm just saying that this would be lucky to even hold its value.

Edit: Also, $192? There are tons of buyouts from $168-180. Like dozens. And that doesn't even account for how many copies are on bid, which is where all the below MSRP ones are coming from. Obviously nobody is going to have a BIN for cheaper than MSRP dude.[/QUOTE]

lol what do you mean "nobody will have a BIN cheaper than MSRP?" You just said in your last post that you guarantee it will be below MSRP within a month. You're just contradicting yourself.

They are in the $170-$190 range. And not "tons" There are only 3 listings below $190

You are so cocky that it will be below MSRP in a month, all I said is "why do you think that?" Something that is in stock everywhere yes that will most likely be under MSRP in a month, however this game is out of stock on amazon and WELL ABOVE MSRP on ebay and on amazon. It is HIGHLY LIKELY that it will NOT be below MSRP in the next month.

When stores stop selling things, they go up in price.

[quote name='CaptFalcon0190']Day 17 Still no price drop on the regular edition. My children may starve at this rate :cry:[/QUOTE]

regular edition is $53.99 on amazon

Got my Zavvi LE today, finally! Love the white Raiden figure.

Now I need to sell my UK copy of the game and the white armor and cyborg ninja armor since I already have the US edition.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']lol what do you mean "nobody will have a BIN cheaper than MSRP?" You just said in your last post that you guarantee it will be below MSRP within a month. You're just contradicting yourself.

They are in the $170-$190 range. And not "tons" There are only 3 listings below $190

You are so cocky that it will be below MSRP in a month, all I said is "why do you think that?" Something that is in stock everywhere yes that will most likely be under MSRP in a month, however this game is out of stock on amazon and WELL ABOVE MSRP on ebay and on amazon. It is HIGHLY LIKELY that it will NOT be below MSRP in the next month.

When stores stop selling things, they go up in price.[/QUOTE]

You're fighting a losing battle. Flow is dense as fuck, and eager to argue. Might as well back down with logic, it's not gonna work. :D

I'm just glad I got a copy with a working lamp that wasn't broken. Great game too.

Does anyone know if you order multiple items from Amazon in one order if it generally takes a lot longer to deliver? I've mentioned in another topic that Amazon has been taking a lot longer to ship out items to me than they ever have before. The latest was Tomb Raider which was set to take a week to get to my house until I contacted CS and they apologized and overnighted it. Which was nice of them, I appreciated it. Everything I've ordered from them before this started happening, be it games or movies ships out almost immediately.

I placed a 3 game order though back on Tuesday and it has still yet to ship. I checked and they have plenty in stock from each game as well. It has an estimated arrival date of March 14th. That would be 9 days.

Is this normal?

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']You're fighting a losing battle. Flow is dense as fuck, and eager to argue. Might as well back down with logic, it's not gonna work. :D

I'm just glad I got a copy with a working lamp that wasn't broken. Great game too.[/QUOTE]

Ahaha, and you are? I don't care that some of you get your feelers hurt, i'm just pointing out that on auction, this thing isn't even hitting MSRP.

Cry more.

[quote name='Flowstance']Ahaha, and you are? I don't care that some of you get your feelers hurt, i'm just pointing out that on auction, this thing isn't even hitting MSRP.

Cry more.[/QUOTE]

You must have a secret ebay that I can't see. For the last two pages of brand new completed listings, I see one that is $4 below MSRP. All the rest are above it. Keeping that trend in mind--because the market changes as time goes by, so going too far back on the completed listings becomes irrelevant--one could safely assume that the prices will stay around this spot or go up. Amazon is out of this, so one could also assume that Best Buy and Gamestop probably don't have that many left. It's not TEH OMG RARE yet, but it certainly seems to be heading there.

[quote name='Zaku77']You must have a secret ebay that I can't see. For the last two pages of brand new completed listings, I see one that is $4 below MSRP. All the rest are above it. Keeping that trend in mind--because the market changes as time goes by, so going too far back on the completed listings becomes irrelevant--one could safely assume that the prices will stay around this spot or go up. Amazon is out of this, so one could also assume that Best Buy and Gamestop probably don't have that many left. It's not TEH OMG RARE yet, but it certainly seems to be heading there.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what terms you're searching, but I simply searched what it was and looked at the most recent sold listings. There is no reason to look at the 85% of them that didn't sell.

So no, there is no "secret ebay", you're just incompetent at searching apparently.

[quote name='Zaku77']Great news on the artbook. Here is where I got mine. It's still in stock, and it's really quite cheap--all things considered, at least.

http://www.nippon-yasan.com/lang-en...engeance-premium-package-limited-edition.html[/QUOTE]

Really cool unboxing. I think I"m going to order one from that website; too bad you don't get kick backs ;)

Edit: Here's my take on the eBay situation for this game. Like Most Metal Gear LE's you're not going to be out in the cold taking a loss, regardless if you pay full MSRP or get it on sale or clearance.

I really want one but don't think I'd consider buying to resell unless they hit like $80 or less. The reason being I don't want to deal with a scammer who knows about the problems with the lamp who tries to extort money out of me.

I bought and resold a few of the Borderlands 2: ULCE and of course about half of my buyers had problems with the missing bobble head when in reality it was only supposed to be something like 1%.

I don't see this hitting a crazy clearance cycle like other AAA releases because it just wasn't carried by enough retailers (B&M at least).

Based on everything I hear about the lamp I wouldn't even consider buying it through a private sale. Too much risk that it's broken or defective.

It's a risk to even be selling it. That could be why amazon took the item down. I know it was having problems then all of a sudden came back in stock for a few days then both versions went oos.

[quote name='Flowstance']I'm not sure what terms you're searching, but I simply searched what it was and looked at the most recent sold listings. There is no reason to look at the 85% of them that didn't sell.

So no, there is no "secret ebay", you're just incompetent at searching apparently.[/QUOTE]

Why are you such an insulting, angry little person? I searched Metal Gear Rising Limited Edition. I limited it to new (did you?), and then I looked through completed listings. What I mentioned in my previous post was only taking into account sold listings.

Also, you said I'm incompetent at searching apparently. I assume you meant *incompetent at searching, apparently*? You really shouldn't call someone incompetent while making a grammar faux paus like that. It makes it far more funny, of course, but it hurts what you're trying to say just a little bit! ;)

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']You're fighting a losing battle. Flow is dense as
fuck, and eager to argue. Might as well back down with logic, it's not gonna work. :D

I'm just glad I got a copy with a working lamp that wasn't broken. Great game too.[/QUOTE]

Mine is looking great. Feel bad for those with the broke lamps

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Does anyone know if you order multiple items from Amazon in one order if it generally takes a lot longer to deliver? I've mentioned in another topic that Amazon has been taking a lot longer to ship out items to me than they ever have before. The latest was Tomb Raider which was set to take a week to get to my house until I contacted CS and they apologized and overnighted it. Which was nice of them, I appreciated it. Everything I've ordered from them before this started happening, be it games or movies ships out almost immediately.

I placed a 3 game order though back on Tuesday and it has still yet to ship. I checked and they have plenty in stock from each game as well. It has an estimated arrival date of March 14th. That would be 9 days.

Is this normal?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's normal. If you don't have "Prime", your a second class citizen to them and your items will ship when it is convenient for them.

I have been having the same issue lately, and it bugs me to no end. I ordered a item from them a few months ago, and it was in stock, and it took almost a week and a half for them to ship it.

When you use the cheapest shipping option, they give you an estimated delivery by date, and that is what they go by. Mine was like 2 weeks away, so when I contacted them and said "I could have ordered this elsewhere, it's in stock, why is it more than a week and it hasn't shipped?" Their reply was it would be delivered by the "end" of the given estimate and not to worry.

I wasn't worried, I wanted to know what the hell was taking so long to slap it in a box and mail it? Now this isn't the norm, but it does happen. If you want items shipped quickly, you have to pick 1, 2 or 3 day shipping or be a prime member, otherwise anything goes.

More often than not, if you complain, they'll upgrade shipping to next day, or two day air, but that is hit and miss(just depends on CS).

[quote name='Flowstance']Ahaha, and you are? I don't care that some of you get your feelers hurt, i'm just pointing out that on auction, this thing isn't even hitting MSRP.

Cry more.[/QUOTE]

Tell me more about how it feels to be that much of a dick and butthurt all the time? I can't seem to pull it off.

[quote name='Zaku77']It definitely doesn't come with a steelbook. I also didn't see the soundtrack in the unboxing I watched, but I could have missed that.[/QUOTE]

Mine came with neither, and I had mine preordered as soon as I heard about what was included in Zavvi's version. The packaging is nice (clear plastic slip cover) and the huge, articulate white Raiden figure with all those accessories.

The US LE, however did come with the steelbook and soundtrack (2nd disc was in the case).

[quote name='gepet0']I am sorry I miissed this one I was a little burned out with metal gear. Just too many remake releases.[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. There was Twin Snakes in 2004, and then there was the HD Collection--so many re-releases! haha =P

my zavvi limited edition arrived this morning at 6:30am O.O

no damage. its perfect. they learned from MGS HD Collection I guess lol

anyway do you guys know where I can sell the PAL copy of the game other than on ebay? is there a website that accepts PAL games or something?

So is zavvi shipping the UK limited white raiden versions to US? Sorry if I missed the memo but I thought they cancelled us orders? How are people receiving them?

[quote name='testaroo']So is zavvi shipping the UK limited white raiden versions to US? Sorry if I missed the memo but I thought they cancelled us orders? How are people receiving them?[/QUOTE]

They didn't cancel my order, lucky for me. If they have some in stock, you should just place an order. And if they cancel, you can try ebay.

I believe the figure alone sells for $150ish on ebay. Besides the edition only comes with the figure and game, and nothing else, so $150 isn't too bad for just the figure imo.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']PS3 version are back in stock!

999+ copies available[/QUOTE]
Still showing 999+ copies available as of now.

[quote name='testaroo']So is zavvi shipping the UK limited white raiden versions to US? Sorry if I missed the memo but I thought they cancelled us orders? How are people receiving them?[/QUOTE]

I'd be interested in getting that version from Zavvi but I'd like to know how they are shipping it. I got burned buying the UK MGS HD Collection LE from Zavvi as they packaged it very poorly and don't want to go through that again.

[quote name='GBAstar']I'd be interested in getting that version from Zavvi but I'd like to know how they are shipping it. I got burned buying the UK MGS HD Collection LE from Zavvi as they packaged it very poorly and don't want to go through that again.[/QUOTE]

I emailed them after placing an order asking to put extra protection. When my copy arrived, there were lots of bubbles and air filled bags in the box, and my copy was perfect without any damage.

[quote name='GBAstar']I'd be interested in getting that version from Zavvi but I'd like to know how they are shipping it. I got burned buying the UK MGS HD Collection LE from Zavvi as they packaged it very poorly and don't want to go through that again.[/QUOTE]

Mine arrived in pretty good condition.. Only thing was one of the corners slightly bent in, other than that it was perfect.
There wasn't much cushioning in the box though.
White figure is awesome!

So I hate to resurrect this thread (meh, only 2 months really..) but I pulled a stupid, and misplaced my adapter.

Now I have three AC adapters laying around, and one of them worked just fine but it definitely doesn't look like the one that originally came with the lamp. Funny enough, the brand of the adapter is "Sunny".

Could anyone that has their lamp hooked, please help me out?

I just need to know the specs of the adapter:

Input:
Output:
Output Power (Max):

I would really really appreciate it. Figured I'd ask instead of tempting fate and having the lamp suddenly stop working.

Btw, while I'm at it... How is everyone's lamp doing?

bread's done
Back