Amazon.com: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance: Limited Edition [PS3/Xbox 360] - $149.99

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
:ps3: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Limited Edition - $149.99

:360: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Limited Edition - $149.99

Release Date: February 19, 2013

• The latest METAL GEAR console experience featuring an all-new style of frenetic action gameplay and central character, Raiden, a cyborg ninja who uses his High Frequency katana blade to cut through any thing that stands in his vengeful path!
  • Combining development powerhouses Kojima Productions and Platinum Games together, METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE will offer a fast & fluid game style centered on katana-based combat within the METAL GEAR universe.
  • Advanced technology: Produced by a hybrid team of renowned developers, the in-game technology promises to push the boundaries of graphics, style and lightning-speed action gameplay.
  • ZanDatsu' cut mechanic: Within the game world, players will be able to take advantage of what has been created- "an all-encompassing cutting plane in real time". Cut anything, anytime, anywhere.
  • Limited Edition includes: a full copy of the game, official soundtrack, Limited Edition 2-sided Steelbook, and an exclusive high-frequency katana blade plasma lamp
71wApGUPUtL._AA1008_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Tracid']My lamp from Gamestop doesn't do the lightning arcs automatically, I have to touch the top to start it. Would Gamestop do exchange or drag their feet?[/QUOTE]

If you do a defective return, you'd be put on a list for a replacement. Unless your store happened to have an extra one.

[quote name='sasukekun']If you do a defective return, you'd be put on a list for a replacement. Unless your store happened to have an extra one.[/QUOTE]

So just bring in the whole package to Gamestop I got it from and they give me a receipt or voucher for replacement?

[quote name='Tracid']So just bring in the whole package to Gamestop I got it from and they give me a receipt or voucher for replacement?[/QUOTE]

Everything + receipt. Just remember seeing an email saying there's a list for replacing broken/defective lamps.

[quote name='K1NG J0RDAN']I'm a huge MGS fan and got the US CE... I LOVE IT. The Lamp is definitely an awesome collectible to have. I wish the steelbook was the size of a PS3 case though... It's the size of DVD/360 game cases. Otherwise, I'm completely satisfied. The CE strategy guide is pretty sweet too. Definitely worth $20![/QUOTE]
I'm befuddled by the G1 size as well.

My twitter messages to them have gone predictably ignored so far.

Edit: these are both playstation 3 copies

Question:

I preordered the standard edition from Amazon and wasn't able to cancel the order due to problems with my account so it shipped and I received it on release day. I also preordered one from Gamestop for the artbook. I decided rather then dick around with returns I'd just sell my extra copy on ebay.

I was surprised to find out that the copy I purchased from Amazon weighs only 3.4oz while the one I picked up at Gamestop weighs 4.0oz.

I checked the barcodes and they are the same so it's not a dlc card of anything causing the weight difference.

The copy from Amazon has a sloppy shrinkwrap (not tight to the game case) but I've seen worse. This was a release day delivery so it wouldn't have been the return but the weight difference has me concerned that maybe one of the copies is missing a disc?

I can hear noise when I rattle it around but I can't tell if that is the disc or the paper inserts.

Can anyone explain why their is a weight difference?

[quote name='GBAstar']Edit: these are both playstation 3 copies

Question:

I preordered the standard edition from Amazon and wasn't able to cancel the order due to problems with my account so it shipped and I received it on release day. I also preordered one from Gamestop for the artbook. I decided rather then dick around with returns I'd just sell my extra copy on ebay.

I was surprised to find out that the copy I purchased from Amazon weighs only 3.4oz while the one I picked up at Gamestop weighs 4.0oz.

I checked the barcodes and they are the same so it's not a dlc card of anything causing the weight difference.

The copy from Amazon has a sloppy shrinkwrap (not tight to the game case) but I've seen worse. This was a release day delivery so it wouldn't have been the return but the weight difference has me concerned that maybe one of the copies is missing a disc?

I can hear noise when I rattle it around but I can't tell if that is the disc or the paper inserts.

Can anyone explain why their is a weight difference?[/QUOTE]

Try weighing a PS3 disc from another game that's laying around and see if weighs .6 oz

[quote name='Donut2922']Try weighing a PS3 disc from another game that's laying around and see if weighs .6 oz[/QUOTE]

A PS3/blu-ray disc does weigh .5 or .6oz so that is why I'm worried.

I actually forgot that I had two copies of MGR (PS3) that were shipped to me from Amazon and both weight significantly less (3.3oz and 3.4oz) then my copy from Gamestop (4.0oz).

What are the odds that there aren't discs in both Amazon copies?

Both the GS and AZ copies make similar noise when I shake them around... I'm trying my hardest to try and see through the case to see if I see a disc but I'm not having a luck

[quote name='GBAstar']A PS3/blu-ray disc does weigh .5 or .6oz so that is why I'm worried.

I actually forgot that I had two copies of MGR (PS3) that were shipped to me from Amazon and both weight significantly less (3.3oz and 3.4oz) then my copy from Gamestop (4.0oz).

What are the odds that there aren't discs in both Amazon copies?

Both the GS and AZ copies make similar noise when I shake them around... I'm trying my hardest to try and see through the case to see if I see a disc but I'm not having a luck[/QUOTE]

My sealed PS3 copy from BB weighs 3.4 ounces. When I shake it, it doesn't make that obvious disc rattling. The sound is very slight which is just the manual inserts rattling around.

So I'm not sure what's up with GS copies ::shrug::

[quote name='Donut2922']My sealed PS3 copy from BB weighs 3.4 ounces. When I shake it, it doesn't make that obvious disc rattling. The sound is very slight which is just the manual inserts rattling around.

So I'm not sure what's up with GS copies ::shrug::[/QUOTE]

Oh lord. I thought it was something wrong with my scale but I have calibrated it and each time the AZ copies are at 3.4/3.3oz like your BB copy but my gamestop one is at 4.0oz each and every time.

I had at first thought maybe GS had some sort of exclusive voucher but the barcode on all copies is the same.

Guess I'll just cross my fingers.

GS doesn't usually provide unexpected surprises in their games...manufacturer probably made plastic cases at different weight classes.

[quote name='GBAstar']Oh lord. I thought it was something wrong with my scale but I have calibrated it and each time the AZ copies are at 3.4/3.3oz like your BB copy but my gamestop one is at 4.0oz each and every time.

I had at first thought maybe GS had some sort of exclusive voucher but the barcode on all copies is the same.

Guess I'll just cross my fingers.[/QUOTE]

The limited edition came with a soundtrack that was slipped into the game case for the game itself, maybe some how one of the ones you have got the soundtrack with it by mistake.

Why wouldn't there be a disc in your cases? That's one in a million, and next to lottery chances for it to happen to both.

Just sell them.

If you are really that worried, which you shouldn't be IMO, just pick your MGR copy in one hand and pick up another PS3 game in another. Trust me, you can tell if there is no disc in a case. It's a pretty noticeable difference. If you notice a significant difference in your two hands when holding them both up, then I'd be a little concerned.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Why wouldn't there be a disc in your cases? That's one in a million, and next to lottery chances for it to happen to both.

Just sell them.[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying that it is missing a disc but even though .6oz (the exact weight of a game disc) doesn't sound like a lot it is actually quite a large variance for two copies of the exact same game.

I have a fairly expensive scale that is supposed to be accurate to .01 of an oz.

So it is concerning to me when one copy of a game is 3.4oz and the other is 4.0oz.

I have never run into this before and I have sold a lot of games. The only time that weight has varied that much for the same sealed copy of a game is when retailer specific games are involved (i.e. a different sku) and one retailer has an extra item package in or if the first print contains something extra like the skyrim map.

If you've picked up and have been gaming for years, you have a muscle memory of what a game case should feel like weight wise with a disc.

Sometimes when I'll forget and put a disc in another case and if I pick up the original case with no disc in it, I'll immediately know right away by the weight no disc is in there without even looking.

The only other thing I can think of is maybe the cases were manufactured in different places and one is slighter lighter with the plastic or something.

Sometimes I get game cases that look a little different on the inside than another. The spindles look a little different or whatever.

[quote name='GBAstar']I'm not saying that it is missing a disc but even though .6oz (the exact weight of a game disc) doesn't sound like a lot it is actually quite a large variance for two copies of the exact same game.

I have a fairly expensive scale that is supposed to be accurate to .01 of an oz.

So it is concerning to me when one copy of a game is 3.4oz and the other is 4.0oz.

I have never run into this before and I have sold a lot of games. The only time that weight has varied that much for the same sealed copy of a game is when retailer specific games are involved (i.e. a different sku) and one retailer has an extra item package in or if the first print contains something extra like the skyrim map.[/QUOTE]

What you should try is to put two disc inside a ps3 game and weigh that if it's 4.0 then Sion might be right that you might have gotten the soundtrack or just put some sheets with codes on them inside the case and weigh it like that also.

[quote name='Arakias']Why not just return one if you don't feel comfortable with the weight of it?[/QUOTE]

After everything I've been through with Amazon I'm not returning anything to them.

I'm just going to mail it out and cross my fingers. As someone else mentioned the odds of getting a sealed game without a disc is very slim and I'm sure the odds of getting two copies from the same retailer that are both missing discs is slim to none.

Haha yeah! The limited edition copy comes with the soundtrack in disc form, so there should be 2 discs in the case. Sorry if its been mentioned before

[quote name='giantqtipz']Haha yeah! The limited edition copy comes with the soundtrack in disc form, so there should be 2 discs in the case. Sorry if its been mentioned before[/QUOTE]

Was their an EA styled Limited Edition? All my copies were standard vanilla copies.

[quote name='GBAstar']Was their an EA styled Limited Edition? All my copies were standard vanilla copies.[/QUOTE]

Didn't the max payne 3 regular and special edition have the same barcode? That might be the case here.

[quote name='GBAstar']Was their an EA styled Limited Edition? All my copies were standard vanilla copies.[/QUOTE]

I mean the edition that comes from the limited collectors edition with lamp. You guys were talking about eh vanilla copies? Darn sorry lol

[quote name='GBAstar']After everything I've been through with Amazon I'm not returning anything to them.

I'm just going to mail it out and cross my fingers. As someone else mentioned the odds of getting a sealed game without a disc is very slim and I'm sure the odds of getting two copies from the same retailer that are both missing discs is slim to none.[/QUOTE]

i've had many of the same games weigh different, i don't think it's anything to worry about

[quote name='Gboon']Apparently amazon is out of the limited edition for PS3 now?[/QUOTE]

wait, they just updated it.

Item Under Review

While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible.

360 edition is still up, so if you want to gamble on your order being damaged/fine I would order it now I guess.

[quote name='Gboon']Apparently amazon is out of the limited edition for PS3 now?[/QUOTE]

no, they're just "reviewing" their shipping process because of the damage lamps, they did this with BlazBlue when people received crushed boxes

All the broken lamp talk got me paranoid, and I finally got around to opening my PS3 version.

It looked in almost perfect condition and worked fine. Not too shabby of a collectible.

Still irked by the G1 sized steelbook.

[quote name='NeoStrider']no, they're just "reviewing" their shipping process because of the damage lamps, they did this with BlazBlue when people received crushed boxes[/QUOTE]

This. It will be for sale on amazon again. I'm almost thinking of a price drop.

for those of you who received the zavvi imports, how did it arrive? damaged?

there was a fraudulent charge on my card, so zavvi cant charge it until the new one arrives (either tomorrow or thursday). if the shipments are damaged, then ill just cancel lol..

I just got mine from zavvi yesterday it was sent to my gf first who is in the uk right now and she sent it out Friday in the exact same box she just slapped a label on it and used fed-ex. In my package zavvi didn't use any kind of package stuffer just plastic from those strips of bubbler but it was flat so there was no point xD it was basically cardboard on cardboard sent in a box a little bigger than the MGR one itself. So there was a bit of damage on the box
lolpackage_zps85a8ad8e.jpg

Just had to share A pic of this great packaging lol so all in all the bottom front right edge was A tiny bit damaged but nothing too bad tho. I wonder if you order straight internationally if'n they pack it A little better for the trip luckily mine got to me alright so I am happy and the figure and the game are beyond my expectations :)

I'm on mobile and I'm only seeing a red X :( I guess ill have to wait until I get home. But your gf sent it for you? Hmmm... Makes me afraid that if zavvi had sent yours (rather than your gf), the damage wouldve been worse..

^ Very nice! That steelbook is much nicer than the one we got with the lamp. Such a stupid decision for the NA LE for PS3 to be G1 instead of G2. Plus that unbranded one looks much better as well.

[quote name='eXiON']^ Very nice! That steelbook is much nicer than the one we got with the lamp. Such a stupid decision for the NA LE for PS3 to be G1 instead of G2. Plus that unbranded one looks much better as well.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. So jelly for this.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']The size/style of the steelbook. G1 being PS3-game size, G2 being 360/DVD size.[/QUOTE]

Swap those around and you will have it right.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']The size/style of the steelbook. G1 being PS3-game size, G2 being 360/DVD size.[/QUOTE]
Ahhhhh Ok thanks!

[quote name='giantqtipz']Anyone received theie zavvi orders yet? How did it arrive? Damaged?[/QUOTE]

Not yet. I'm in Washington state.

[quote name='jimivegas']http://www.amazon.com/Metal-Gear-Ri...X/ref=pd_luc_mrairnr_01_01_t_lh?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Does anyone know if the guide is helpful? And what the benefit is by getting this version? Collector's edition seems to be on sale.[/QUOTE]

It's a gorgeous guide that also has an art section. Past that, any info inside could just as easily be obtained online--as is always the case.

On another note, I really want my Japanese LE to get here!! It shipped a few days ago, but I'm pretty sure it's still a week out.

[quote name='giantqtipz']Anyone received theie zavvi orders yet? How did it arrive? Damaged?[/QUOTE]

I just got mine yesterday in perfect condition. The package itself was pretty light (compared to the LE HD collection) since it's only the game and the figure. I was surprised at how large the figure was and how detailed it was.

It didn't come with the soundtrack (unlike the US CE), nor the steelbook, but at least the cover art is reversible.

What I ended up doing is switching out the UK version of the game along with the cover art and swapped it with the (2 disc) US CE case.

Oh yeah, I checked and I was only charged $155 + $5 exchange fee. No delivery charge for whatever reason..

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Where did you ordered JP LE from?[/QUOTE]

nippon-yasan.com. They have fantastic prices, and they package their stuff really well.

[quote name='def PD']I just got mine yesterday in perfect condition. The package itself was pretty light (compared to the LE HD collection) since it's only the game and the figure. I was surprised at how large the figure was and how detailed it was.

It didn't come with the soundtrack (unlike the US CE), nor the steelbook, but at least the cover art is reversible.

What I ended up doing is switching out the UK version of the game along with the cover art and swapped it with the (2 disc) US CE case.

Oh yeah, I checked and I was only charged $155 + $5 exchange fee. No delivery charge for whatever reason..[/QUOTE]

Are they doing the better shipping with tracking and insurance yet, or is it the same old small packets it's always been?

[quote name='Zaku77']nippon-yasan.com. They have fantastic prices, and they package their stuff really well.

Are they doing the better shipping with tracking and insurance yet, or is it the same old small packets it's always been?[/QUOTE]

I honestly am not sure about the insurance, however I did get a tracking # when the order shipped, but it wasn't that accurate (comparatively speaking with USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc.). I believe they do tracking for "larger" items like the MGS HD Coll. CE.

They did ship it in a box that was slightly larger than it and packed it with a lot of paper, so I think they learned their lesson from before.

bread's done
Back