Amazon.com: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance: Limited Edition [PS3/Xbox 360] - $149.99

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
:ps3: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Limited Edition - $149.99

:360: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Limited Edition - $149.99

Release Date: February 19, 2013

• The latest METAL GEAR console experience featuring an all-new style of frenetic action gameplay and central character, Raiden, a cyborg ninja who uses his High Frequency katana blade to cut through any thing that stands in his vengeful path!
  • Combining development powerhouses Kojima Productions and Platinum Games together, METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE will offer a fast & fluid game style centered on katana-based combat within the METAL GEAR universe.
  • Advanced technology: Produced by a hybrid team of renowned developers, the in-game technology promises to push the boundaries of graphics, style and lightning-speed action gameplay.
  • ZanDatsu' cut mechanic: Within the game world, players will be able to take advantage of what has been created- "an all-encompassing cutting plane in real time". Cut anything, anytime, anywhere.
  • Limited Edition includes: a full copy of the game, official soundtrack, Limited Edition 2-sided Steelbook, and an exclusive high-frequency katana blade plasma lamp
71wApGUPUtL._AA1008_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So I've noticed these are in stock at GS, BB, and Amazon... Do we expect that these will drop in price or should I just go for the purchase for security?

[quote name='Slixshot']So I've noticed these are in stock at GS, BB, and Amazon... Do we expect that these will drop in price or should I just go for the purchase for security?[/QUOTE]

GS.com and all stores locally to me was out of stock until a few days ago. Right now only a few stores replenished stock.

I'm keeping my eye on it. I absolutely loved the game and starting my 3rd playthrough now. If one of these stores goes OOS again then I will feel the pressure. But until then i simply went with regular edition and pre-ordered the play arts figure that's limited to 1000 units. I think i'll be happy enough with that.

[quote name='Japakneez']GS.com and all stores locally to me was out of stock until a few days ago. Right now only a few stores replenished stock.

I'm keeping my eye on it. I absolutely loved the game and starting my 3rd playthrough now. If one of these stores goes OOS again then I will feel the pressure. But until then i simply went with regular edition and pre-ordered the play arts figure that's limited to 1000 units. I think i'll be happy enough with that.[/QUOTE]

Hey buddy, I just checked amazon again and they're out of stock! Check best buy and gamestop because this suckers gone! GO!

[quote name='Slixshot']So I've noticed these are in stock at GS, BB, and Amazon... Do we expect that these will drop in price or should I just go for the purchase for security?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Gboon']It's weird, it's instock nearly everywhere, but on ebay, theres completed listings for just the lamp for anywhere from $90 to $120.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...revengeance lamp&rt=nc&_pppn=r1&LH_Complete=1

I caved and bought one off amazon personally.[/QUOTE]

it looks like it's out of stock on amazon.. did they temporarily take them down or they all sold out? I was waiting to purchase for a price drop because it said they had 999 of them a day or 2 ago.. I figured I had time to wait.. that would be sad if they removed it for good.

Next price on amazon now is $245 for xbox

[quote name='jrr6415sun']it looks like it's out of stock on amazon.. did they temporarily take them down or they all sold out? I was waiting to purchase for a price drop because it said they had 999 of them a day or 2 ago.. I figured I had time to wait.. that would be sad if they removed it for good.

Next price on amazon now is $245 for xbox[/QUOTE]

i would jump on it at bestbuy, thats if you really want it. Amazon probably removed it,because of the complaint about the poor packaging, when shipped to customers, which resulted in broke lamps.

[quote name='YBX87']i would jump on it at bestbuy, thats if you really want it. Amazon probably removed it,because of the complaint about the poor packaging, when shipped to customers, which resulted in broke lamps.[/QUOTE]

yea a week ago they temporarily took it down but then put it back up the next day.. which is why I question if maybe they are going to do that again.. but maybe they got fed up with it and won't be putting it back... last time they had a message that said there was a problem and they were investigating it but no message this time. I'd rather buy it from amazon because the tax is a lot on $150 but I guess $11 in tax is worth the risk of it not coming back.

[quote name='Doomtime']Gamestop still has them. Amazon probably got tired of the complaints/returns.[/QUOTE]
Mine came through from Amazon just fine, but they really should have taken more care with the packing. Mine came in a box twice the size of the actual CE box without any air pillows or styrofoam fillers. Plus, the box was not marked as fragile even though there's a GLASS LAMP in there. :roll:

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Officially sold out, congrats to those who pre-order this![/QUOTE]

Taking an item down due to complaints is not the same as selling out. These are not even remotely rare, they still have several at my GS and even a few at my BB.

Gamestop supposedly put me on the email for lamp replacement last week, still haven't heard a peep. I think they are stalling me out of the 30 day coverage.

[quote name='Tracid']Gamestop supposedly put me on the email for lamp replacement last week, still haven't heard a peep. I think they are stalling me out of the 30 day coverage.[/QUOTE]

return it, and get it at bestbuy.

[quote name='Flowstance']Taking an item down due to complaints is not the same as selling out. These are not even remotely rare, they still have several at my GS and even a few at my BB.[/QUOTE]

Yea there is no way they sold out of these they had tons of them left. They were just fed up with complaints. I'm hoping they bring them back.. I can't imagine they will return all of their inventory to the manufacturer but who knows.

I want to buy from them but it makes me mad when they sell their used ones for more than retail price. I know AWH has formulas they use but knowing they have new ones they can sell for $150 sitting there but they refuse to and instead theyre selling used ones for more, frustrating.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']Yea there is no way they sold out of these they had tons of them left. They were just fed up with complaints. I'm hoping they bring them back.. I can't imagine they will return all of their inventory to the manufacturer but who knows.

I want to buy from them but it makes me mad when they sell their used ones for more than retail price. I know AWH has formulas they use but knowing they have new ones they can sell for $150 sitting there but they refuse to and instead theyre selling used ones for more, frustrating.[/QUOTE]

I just received one from AWD, the lamp only lights up, doesnt seem to do the whole electricity thing. Is this a normal defect?

[quote name='xodakuzen']The switch has 3 positions. The middle if off.[/QUOTE]

yeah, the top is supposed to arc right? Are you supposed to let it warm up?

[quote name='edson13']thanks, I guess its defective then.[/QUOTE]

Yep there are three modes. The Arc Lightning Mode (I'm calling it that :p) should immediately show the arc forming on the top.

Top - Arc Lightning Mode
Middle - Off
Bottom - On (Blue Lights only)

There is also a small flathead screw on the bottom of the lamp, if you turn it a certain amount to one side it changes the plasma arc formation. Might want to give it a shot before you return it (I probably would return it regardless however).

hello!

my zavvi order was shipped on Monday (since they were able to charge my card then), and I was charged $155 as opposed to the $191!

wow! so happy :D

Amazon did put back new ones for sale after they had taken them down. It was up for nearly a week. You conspiracy theorists need to chill :lol:

[quote name='Japakneez']Amazon did put back new ones for sale after they had taken them down. It was up for nearly a week. You conspiracy theorists need to chill :lol:[/QUOTE]

yea but when it was taken down there was a notice that they were investigating a problem and it would be back soon. There is no notice now it's most likely gone for good.

[quote name='TooPoor']eBay is already jacking up prices.
Those who bought it can rejoice now. :lol:[/QUOTE]

still not as crazy as the prices for ni no kuni collectors editions.

[quote name='TooPoor']eBay is already jacking up prices.
Those who bought it can rejoice now. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but this will be worth less than MSRP within a month.

I'm curious as to which direction this will go in myself. In retrospect, I'm glad I didnt get it though. Barely took me 6 days to platinum the game itself

[quote name='dgwillia006']I'm curious as to which direction this will go in myself. In retrospect, I'm glad I didnt get it though. Barely took me 6 days to platinum the game itself[/QUOTE]

It's never about the length in my book. It's about the enjoyment I had throughout the journey. :) Vanquish was a short run too (although the platinum took me some time) and if I had the opportunity to get some swag that would remind me of that experience, I'd dive right on it!

[quote name='Slixshot']It's never about the length in my book. It's about the enjoyment I had throughout the journey. :) Vanquish was a short run too (although the platinum took me some time) and if I had the opportunity to get some swag that would remind me of that experience, I'd dive right on it![/QUOTE]

If you want to talk about the quality of the game it's not a Kojima production nor a stealth game. To a degree it's despised by hardcore fans. Not to mention it's getting a lot of criticism for being short.

Imagine if they made a limited edition of VR missions on PS1 or the acid games on PSP and that would be this demand. VR missions is giving it too much benefit of the doubt as that was actually a decent spin off.

The lamp looks like a $25 dollar lava lamp clone that sells at spencers gift for cheap.

[quote name='Slixshot']It's never about the length in my book. It's about the enjoyment I had throughout the journey. :) Vanquish was a short run too (although the platinum took me some time) and if I had the opportunity to get some swag that would remind me of that experience, I'd dive right on it![/QUOTE]

Depends on the game for me. If its something I'm hyped for, I'd gladly throw out the extra for the C.E, this one really wasn't on my radar. Was going to pass it up till I lucked out and found a used copy the day after release.

[quote name='Flowstance']Sorry, but this will be worth less than MSRP within a month.[/QUOTE]

and why do you think that when the price has only been going up?

[quote name='jrr6415sun']and why do you think that when the price has only been going up?[/QUOTE]

it is not going to go down, but i doubt it will skyrocket in price either. so unless you are planning to buy it for the collectors purpose. I doubt you will make a huge profit with reselling. It could very well end up selling out tho, before it finally gets a price drop.

its not worth the trouble if you're gonna try to resell this, its always a pain in the ass dealing with fragile things like the lamp

[quote name='jrr6415sun']and why do you think that when the price has only been going up?[/QUOTE]

Look at the ones that have sold in the last few days on Ebay. There are several near or under $150, and even the ones up to $170 are still a loss for the seller.

[quote name='NeoStrider']its not worth the trouble if you're gonna try to resell this, its always a pain in the ass dealing with fragile things like the lamp[/QUOTE]

which is why amazon stopped selling it

[quote name='Flowstance']Look at the ones that have sold in the last few days on Ebay. There are several near or under $150, and even the ones up to $170 are still a loss for the seller.[/QUOTE]

the cheapest on ebay right now is $192, which is more than $150 which is well ABOVE MSRP

cheapest on amazon is $250

[quote name='jrr6415sun']the cheapest on ebay right now is $192, which is more than $150 which is well ABOVE MSRP

cheapest on amazon is $250[/QUOTE]

That's fine, but in the last few days, 3 of them have sold below MSRP, and several more were just above it. There were also buyouts on higher priced ones.

I didn't say they would all instantly be changed to a lower price on Ebay buyouts, I said they would be worth less then MSRP within a month. I'm not sure why that's hard to believe for anyone, there isn't anything particularly special about this LE. I'm just saying that this would be lucky to even hold its value.

Edit: Also, $192? There are tons of buyouts from $168-180. Like dozens. And that doesn't even account for how many copies are on bid, which is where all the below MSRP ones are coming from. Obviously nobody is going to have a BIN for cheaper than MSRP dude.

Those dwarf geckos are amazing. Wish I imported that, but I was under the impression the Konami store didn't ship out of Japan.

And yes, that's the exact same art-booklet that gamestop handed out.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Those dwarf geckos are amazing. Wish I imported that, but I was under the impression the Konami store didn't ship out of Japan.

And yes, that's the exact same art-booklet that gamestop handed out.[/QUOTE]

Great news on the artbook. Here is where I got mine. It's still in stock, and it's really quite cheap--all things considered, at least.

http://www.nippon-yasan.com/lang-en...engeance-premium-package-limited-edition.html

[quote name='zaku77']great news on the artbook. Here is where i got mine. It's still in stock, and it's really quite cheap--all things considered, at least.

http://www.nippon-yasan.com/lang-en...engeance-premium-package-limited-edition.html[/quote]

ordered!

Holy shit! Yes!

Edit: Shipping from this place blows though. 25 for the LE is fine. More than happy to pay that for MGR. But adding a single game in a standard sleeve is 25 as well.

Anybody know a decent place to order Okami HD? With shipping this one turns out to 56USD.

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']Every unboxing needs a Testament shirt in it.[/QUOTE]

Yes they do! haha

[quote name='RabbitSuit']ordered!

Holy shit! Yes![/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's a great deal. The website is awesome, actually. I will be doing any and all JP importing through them from now on.

bread's done
Back