Amazon.com: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance: Limited Edition [PS3/Xbox 360] - $149.99

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
:ps3: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Limited Edition - $149.99

:360: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Limited Edition - $149.99

Release Date: February 19, 2013

• The latest METAL GEAR console experience featuring an all-new style of frenetic action gameplay and central character, Raiden, a cyborg ninja who uses his High Frequency katana blade to cut through any thing that stands in his vengeful path!
  • Combining development powerhouses Kojima Productions and Platinum Games together, METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE will offer a fast & fluid game style centered on katana-based combat within the METAL GEAR universe.
  • Advanced technology: Produced by a hybrid team of renowned developers, the in-game technology promises to push the boundaries of graphics, style and lightning-speed action gameplay.
  • ZanDatsu' cut mechanic: Within the game world, players will be able to take advantage of what has been created- "an all-encompassing cutting plane in real time". Cut anything, anytime, anywhere.
  • Limited Edition includes: a full copy of the game, official soundtrack, Limited Edition 2-sided Steelbook, and an exclusive high-frequency katana blade plasma lamp
71wApGUPUtL._AA1008_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
After watching a few unboxing videos I noticed the Steelbook is G1... Right?

I hope it was just my eyes... Anyone else make the same observation?

[quote name='eXiON']Do you just want the figure or the steelbook as well? Steelbook you can buy straight from Amazon.de

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=463375173&pf_rd_i=301128[/QUOTE]

Thanks eXiON. I am so excited for this game, I just couldn't resist that steelbook. Not a bad import deal - just $30 converted.

Between that steelbook, the Zavvi version, and the US LE - I would say I am more than ready to cut shit up...

Was going to buy the $150 edition but in the end, it was too much money.

Theres already 100 listings for the damn thing. Have a better chance of picking it up on ebay for WAY cheaper.

[quote name='Johnnybeachboy']Was going to buy the $150 edition but in the end, it was too much money.

Theres already 100 listings for the damn thing. Have a better chance of picking it up on ebay for WAY cheaper.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about that...

Man, I want the lamp but I cannot afford to pay 150 for the thing right now.

Hopefully it doesn't end up too rare.

[quote name='ctguitarguy']I think the U.S. versions is much better frankly, especially considering you can order the euro steelbook (which i think is better than ours). But you can get that figure separately, and frankly I think the lamp looks much cooler and is more unique. Figures are often the shittiest part of CE's.[/QUOTE]

The figure is actually quite nice. It's from Square's Play Arts Kai line. I have the Solid Snake, Naked Snake and Cyborg Ninja from there already along with batman and Joker. From the pics and video I've seen the white Raiden looks just as nice as those ones.

However, there is also a black Raiden and a black/red Raiden coming out too. So unless you have to have the white Raiden (I do) you're probably ok skipping the white figure and getting one of the other colors. The black/red is even more collectable as it's limited to 1,000 pieces world wide and the white one is 25,000.

[quote name='anumeric']I don't think bestbuy will be caring the LE.
I checked the preorder kiosk yesterday and only the reg version was listed.
Plus they didn't carry the last MGS LE.
I think only amazon and GameStop will have the LE[/QUOTE]

It certainly looks like B&M Bestbuy stores won't be getting the collectors. All stores got their regular editions, no LE's at all.

Amazon order shipped

I'm getting the realization I just paid $90 (more or less) for a lamp that I don't even really care about.

As far as a figure goes, maybe they'll have something at the Square-Enix store at SDCC in July. Maybe Kojima will be around since it's a launch year. Maybe I'll remember to check that and bring my other MGS4 PS3 with me to get signed. I kept forgetting to bring it with me and he came a few years in a row.

Sell the lamp and DLC... keep the steelbook if you really don't want the lamp.

I wanted the steelbook more than I wanted the lamp, but after seeing the lamp I kinda like it now. But man, $150 is expensive for a video game that I thought was very mediocre from the demo. If extras like this came with say Final Fantasy Lightning Returns, then I'd have zero problem paying.

Like the lamp alot will buy when it's/if it makes it to the $70-$80 maybe lower depending on how many are available

[quote name='Japakneez']It certainly looks like B&M Bestbuy stores won't be getting the collectors. All stores got their regular editions, no LE's at all.[/QUOTE]
it is being posted on the bestbuy forum, that they will no long carry extra LE in B&m store, because they do not want to oversell, then having to clearance it out. THe only way to get limited editions/ collectors edition is to order through bestbuy website ,or through perorders in store.

[quote name='thegame956']There's still more than 999 available at amazon for xbox, ill wait it out for a price drop.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't this supposed to be limited to 500 copies or did they get rid of that?

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Wasn't this supposed to be limited to 500 copies or did they get rid of that?[/QUOTE]

Never heard of it being numbered to so many copies.

[quote name='thegame956']There's still more than 999 available at amazon for xbox, ill wait it out for a price drop.[/QUOTE]

Has the add 999 to cart and see how many it limits it to been accurate with preorders? I've only used it for in stock stuff in the past.

[quote name='ckc4043']Is this limited edition good for flippers in ebay?[/QUOTE]

Yeah dude, only 500 were made. O_O

I have a $5 off code from ordering Metal Gear HD collection, I don't think I'm going to use it. What to do with it...

[quote name='ckc4043']Is this limited edition good for flippers in ebay?[/QUOTE]

Since it's nowhere near being sold out, I'm going with no. The lamp, although cool, is not really bringing in people. Would have been a much better buy at a cheaper price point ($100?). Oh well. Gives me a reason to dust off my PS3. If it had sold out before prelaunch then it might be worth the effort. One day before and there's lots to go around.

[quote name='skiizim']lmao... Did somebody actually take me serious? I pulled that number way out from under my ass.[/QUOTE]

:(

[quote name='aegisol']Since it's nowhere near being sold out, I'm going with no. The lamp, although cool, is not really bringing in people. Would have been a much better buy at a cheaper price point ($100?). Oh well. Gives me a reason to dust off my PS3.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it'll be at that 100$ price point soon enough. I'm just gonna put off buying a copy till it starts to drop, so it'll be a better deal for me.

Not really too excited for this game anyway, I'm still pissed at Konami for shutting down Metal Gear Online

[quote name='aegisol']Since it's nowhere near being sold out, I'm going with no. The lamp, although cool, is not really bringing in people. Would have been a much better buy at a cheaper price point ($100?). Oh well. Gives me a reason to dust off my PS3. If it had sold out before prelaunch then it might be worth the effort. One day before and there's lots to go around.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. Then I will wait for it. it is too expensive for $150 plus tax..

This sums up CAG with CE/LEs.

Just picked up my CE copy during the GameStop midnight release and the lamp is pretty sweet. It's not worth the extra $90 but the BB president day sales flips help ease the cost. $100 should really have been the cost of it. But really enjoying the game.

[quote name='dvgamer']according to IGN the campaign is 4-6 hours long o_O[/QUOTE]

The game clock is not the actual game time. Cutscenes and retries don't count.

[quote name='dvgamer']according to IGN the campaign is 4-6 hours long o_O[/QUOTE]

Just wait...you're gonna see subtle brag posts with 2hr to 3hr completion times in the next couple of days.

[quote name='62t']The game clock is not the actual game time. Cutscenes and retries don't count.[/QUOTE]

So in other words, it's a typical Metal Gear game, with about 25 hours of cutscenes. ;-)

Yeah, if you play the campaign once on normal mode it's 4-6 hours. and if you do that and complain about length, then the game isn't for you..

I wish people would stop perpetuating lazy journalism and not reading articles. 4-6 hours is for successful completion times with timers that restart after every death. This means that if you're stuck on a boss for 2 hours, the game will only use the timer from the round that you actually beat them. While you might spend 10 hours actually playing the game, it'll only count 6 hours if you spent 4 hours continuing after dying and/or watching cutscenes.

[quote name='Johnnybeachboy']Seeing Limited Editions selling for $100 or less......

Looks like its a bust.[/QUOTE]

I see a couple on Ebay ending for over 150 (which does mean that they aren't necessarily a profitable item, but doesn't mean they are a bust).

True, some did end below 100, but that is not par for the course.

[quote name='Johnnybeachboy']Seeing Limited Editions selling for $100 or less......

ehh getting it from GS with all the extra stuff don't plan to start playing it for a week or so. If it is still available will just pick up the other version and wait for my other case for EU and return this one. Wanted the art book + grey fox skin more than the other stuff anyway.:bouncy:

[quote name='ChernobylCow']$150 for a 5 hour game, yikes.[/QUOTE]

The game is not 150$

The game is 60 and all the extra stuff is 90

[quote name='Johnnybeachboy']The LAMP IS SWEET but THERES ANOTHER WAY OF GETTING IT, out of Raiden's cold, dead bionic fingers.....then its FREE.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand the caps lock, and terrible joke.

What?

I'm going to guess that the likelihood of a seller following through on a sale like that to be very low.

Most auctions are currently above $150.

bread's done
Back