Amazon.com - Shadow of the Colossus $14.99

[quote name='Raynre'] Add this to the $15 God of War and you've got yourself a very fun weekend.[/quote]

Plus free shipping for those of you who don't have Prime!

I picked this up yesterday as it was on my "Recommended" items from Amazon. I've heard nothing but good things about the game.

[quote name='dbz4ever']how long is the gameplay time? Does it get repetitive killing those giants after a while?[/QUOTE]

you can rush through in 10-15 hours, but unlock some extra modes after beating it
but no, nothing about the game comes close to feeling repetitive

argo is solid

[quote name='Graystone']Buy this since you didn't buy it for $50 like you should have.[/QUOTE]
Well it's good to not have bought it for $50 since it came out for $40 :p

[quote name='donssword']
The game is fairly short, like many recent games.[/quote]
This comment always makes me laugh. I suppose 10 - 15 hours would be short for those who have alot of extra time on their hands, but there are those of us who will take MONTHS to complete a 10 - 15 hour game just because of the lack of free time. Hell, it took me more than a full year to get through the second season of 24 on DVD.

Any other games other then GoW for the PS2 that you would all recommend that are the same price. I am a new Sony player and have gone through GoW, and Okami. Maybe a MG game, Ratchet, etc.

Like several others have said, if you haven't bought this yet, definitely get it. It would've been worth the $50 at release if I had a PS2 then. I got the Greatest Hits for $20 at Target when I did get my PS2. Totally worth it and more.

Waiting to see more Greatest Hits I don't have.

[quote name='bigdsinferno']save a couple pennies and check your gold box.
it was in mine for 14.24, not a huge savings... but, every penny counts.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. That does help.

Best Buy has it for $15 as well (which I assume is the reason Amazon lowered their price temporarily). If you use the Best Buy coupon, you can get it for $10.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']This comment always makes me laugh. I suppose 10 - 15 hours would be short for those who have alot of extra time on their hands, but there are those of us who will take MONTHS to complete a 10 - 15 hour game just because of the lack of free time. Hell, it took me more than a full year to get through the second season of 24 on DVD.[/QUOTE]

No kidding. It's amazing how long 10-15 hours can feel when it's spread out over the course of 12 weeks.

Awesome, awesome game. Probably my favorite game on the PS2, though Final Fantasy XII has been vying for dominance as of late. ^_^

I wholly recommend SotC!

Ahh SOTC. Good times. Definately one of my favorite games of all time. My friends always give me a hard time because they think its only a game where you ride your horse and kill giant colossus. They don't realize there's so much more to that. Its about atmosphere, emotion, etc. Glad other people enjoy this game as well.

[quote name='torifile']Is this the GH version of the original?[/quote]

I'm pretty sure it's the GH version... but that shouldn't stop you from buying the game.

Anyhow, i went to BB during lunch break and trying to use the $5 coupon. They won't let me, b/c it's a copy... Screw that, i told them i don't want it... Oh, before that, the girl wants to see an ID. That was the first time ever happened to me, ID?!?! I know about the new policy, just that i don't look like a HS school student...

[quote name='Serpentor']I'm pretty sure it's the GH version... but that shouldn't stop you from buying the game.

Anyhow, i went to BB during lunch break and trying to use the $5 coupon. They won't let me, b/c it's a copy... Screw that, i told them i don't want it... Oh, before that, the girl wants to see an ID. That was the first time ever happened to me, ID?!?! I know about the new policy, just that i don't look like a HS school student...[/QUOTE]
It's not that. I found a non-GH copy at Kmart last week so I bought it but I haven't opened it yet. I'm going to keep the non-GH copy even though it's a few dollars more. It seems like this is a really good game and I'd like to have the original, just for my collection. :)

Amazon's pic is the non-GH version, but if you order it, you will get the GH one (that's how it turned out for my DoS DS order). Well, if your non-GH is around $20, then keep it. If more then you should just return it or sell it and get the GH version (hey, cheaper).

[quote name='Serpentor']Amazon's pic is the non-GH version, but if you order it, you will get the GH one (that's how it turned out for my DoS DS order). Well, if your non-GH is around $20, then keep it. If more then you should just return it or sell it and get the GH version (hey, cheaper).[/QUOTE]
It was $19.99, same price as the usual GH version. :)

In your case, i think you should keep it... but if the GH version has the same code as the original release, maybe you can buy the GH at BB (using the coupon if it works for you) and return the GH to K-mart to save another $5.

[quote name='Serpentor']In your case, i think you should keep it... but if the GH version has the same code as the original release, maybe you can buy the GH at BB (using the coupon if it works for you) and return the GH to K-mart to save another $5.[/QUOTE]
That's brilliant and ghetto! (I was actually thinking the same thing. :lol: )

I just can't seem to give in. I didn't like Ico, and many people said that was the greatest game ever. Most people are saying that this is a fantastic game, but then I read reviews saying that it's not worth the hype. It doesn't sound like anything special to me...

[quote name='darkchild81']Just got dumped this week, so I'm gonna have a lot more free time. Thanks OP.[/quote]

Good... for you? :D

[quote name='Lieutenant Dan']I just can't seem to give in. I didn't like Ico, and many people said that was the greatest game ever. Most people are saying that this is a fantastic game, but then I read reviews saying that it's not worth the hype. It doesn't sound like anything special to me...[/QUOTE]
It's not like ICO at all. In this one you basically go to a colossi, kill it. Go find the next. It's a really fun game and for sure worth $15.

bread's done
Back