Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick question!

I pre-ordered Castlevania: LOS while the $20 GC bonus was still valid. Thing is, I want to change the shipping speed. If I alter the shipping speed on my order, will that negate the $20 GC?

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Quick question!

I pre-ordered Castlevania: LOS while the $20 GC bonus was still valid. Thing is, I want to change the shipping speed. If I alter the shipping speed on my order, will that negate the $20 GC?[/QUOTE]

I've done that before....no, it shouldn't have any effect at all

[quote name='JVorhees#1']Still have not received my $10 credit for Dead Rising 2, I'm getting tired of having to email Amazon and ask for my credits. Anyone else still waiting on DR2'S credit?[/QUOTE]

Yep. And the PS3 theme.

[quote name='JVorhees#1']Still have not received my $10 credit for Dead Rising 2, I'm getting tired of having to email Amazon and ask for my credits. Anyone else still waiting on DR2'S credit?[/QUOTE]
I haven't gotten my $10 from DR2 yet, either.

I dunno what Amazons doing...if you look on the bonus offers list they've removed Fable 3 standard edition and Assassins Creed Brotherhood. If you go to the pages for those games though you can see the credits for those games are still available.

[quote name='limelight022']I think Amazon fullfilled a certain amount of preorders for Black Ops with the credit and then cut it off after that.[/QUOTE]

Dammit. I was waiting for my credit from another pre-order to come in before grabbing Black Ops. :bomb::bomb::bomb:

Heads up to anybody getting the Star Wars: Force Unleashed 2 Collector's Edition; it's $74.99 right now for Xbox 360. $5 off. Free release day shipping with prime.

I ordered Starcraft II today only to be surprised that I had two $20 promo credits applied towards the purchase. The last two games that I purchased that had $20 credits were Madden 2011 and Halo Reach. I used the $20 credit from Madden to preorder COD Black Ops; but looks like they canceled my preorder which is why I had two $20 credits applied to the Star craft II order. Oh well; amazon hardly fails me except for this time =(

After missing the CoD credit and narrowly getting the Castlevania credit in time, I am tempted to pre-order anything with a credit that I -may- want and cancel if I change my mind.

[quote name='SpockBlocker']Heads up to anybody getting the Star Wars: Force Unleashed 2 Collector's Edition; it's $74.99 right now for Xbox 360. $5 off. Free release day shipping with prime.[/QUOTE]
Really getting tired of Amazon making these selective sales.

I haven't gotten my codes(including costume) yet either. :(

[quote name='limelight022']Figures when im ready to preorder Black Ops they take away the $20 credit. That sucks! :([/QUOTE]

They conveniently removed it a couple days prior to everyone getting their $20 Halo credit.

[quote name='jamezuva']Hmm...I don't see the Gears of War 3 credit anymore :whistle2:([/QUOTE]
It's only there for people with a scroll mouse.

lol people not seeing the credits that are there accounts for probably 20% of the posts in this thread. I just wanted to say something to get post 5,000. Carry on.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Theme? I thought it was supposed to be avatar gear?[/QUOTE]
Its a theme for ps3 since they dont have avatars.

Man I really starting to lose all hope in Amazon. I rarely get the credits and preorder items they promise without calling and emailing them numerous times lately.

They never gave me my preorder bonus for Super Street Fighter 4 earlier this year.

Then they start cutting off all the $20 credits while I wait for the Dead Rising 2 credit I still havent received.

They say they deposit within 2 days after it ships, shipped Monday, today is Thursday, and nothing. My brother who ordered Dead Rising 2 far after me got his credit Tuesday.

I guess I may have to join the growing consenus of CAG's and start hitting up Kmart. This makes me sad.

[quote name='jinxpalm']Man I really starting to lose all hope in Amazon. I rarely get the credits and preorder items they promise without calling and emailing them numerous times lately.

They never gave me my preorder bonus for Super Street Fighter 4 earlier this year.

Then they start cutting off all the $20 credits while I wait for the Dead Rising 2 credit I still havent received.

They say they deposit within 2 days after it ships, shipped Monday, today is Thursday, and nothing. My brother who ordered Dead Rising 2 far after me got his credit Tuesday.

I guess I may have to join the growing consenus of CAG's and start hitting up Kmart. This makes me sad.[/QUOTE]

Did you pre-order DR2 before they added the bonus offer for the credit? That's what I did, and I haven't received the $10 yet either. Even though the bonus offers almost always state that they apply to existing pre-orders, I get the feeling that their system has a problem with actually applying them to orders made before the credit was offered.

[quote name='heavenscloud']Did you pre-order DR2 before they added the bonus offer for the credit? That's what I did, and I haven't received the $10 yet either. Even though the bonus offers almost always state that they apply to existing pre-orders, I get the feeling that their system has a problem with actually applying them to orders made before the credit was offered.[/QUOTE]

Yea I preordered back when the price dropped to $47.99. I hope they don't try and screw me since I got a better price. Emailed them yesterday and of course no reply back almost 24 hours later (they say they usually answer in 12 hours).

[quote name='jinxpalm']Yea I preordered back when the price dropped to $47.99. I hope they don't try and screw me since I got a better price. Emailed them yesterday and of course no reply back almost 24 hours later (they say they usually answer in 12 hours).[/QUOTE]

You'd be surprised how well the system works when you're using it as intended. If a game shows that it comes with a pre order bonus and you order it, you'll get said pre order bonus. If I doesn't say it comes with a pre order bonus, and you order it, then YMMV. That's your own fault, not amazon's. If all else fails, cancel and reorder.

[quote name='jinxpalm']Yea I preordered back when the price dropped to $47.99. I hope they don't try and screw me since I got a better price. Emailed them yesterday and of course no reply back almost 24 hours later (they say they usually answer in 12 hours).[/QUOTE]
I preordered it back in August when it was on sale for 47.99 before the $10 credit and I didn't get mine either. So I emailed last night and they sent me a email back in a couple of hours that said if I didn't have it by today to email them back. I did and they sent my $10 credit a couple of hours later. They did send me the PS3 theme on their own btw.

[quote name='morphineseason']You'd be surprised how well the system works when you're using it as intended. If a game shows that it comes with a pre order bonus and you order it, you'll get said pre order bonus. If I doesn't say it comes with a pre order bonus, and you order it, then YMMV. That's your own fault, not amazon's. If all else fails, cancel and reorder.[/QUOTE]
Except that they always state the promotion will be extended to existing pre-orders. Any other idiotic comments we can clear up for you while you're here?

[quote name='morphineseason']You'd be surprised how well the system works when you're using it as intended. If a game shows that it comes with a pre order bonus and you order it, you'll get said pre order bonus. If I doesn't say it comes with a pre order bonus, and you order it, then YMMV. That's your own fault, not amazon's. If all else fails, cancel and reorder.[/QUOTE]
Promotion says, applies to all existing pre-orders, so if they order before, they should get it.

Amazon's system for keeping up with these credits just sucks. Why would someone want to cancel and reorder if they got it for cheaper when they first preordered game? Like Mitnosi and Jodou said the promo credit says it applies to all existing preorders.

It absolutely is Amazons fault. Amazon pre-order credits are almost always extended to existing pre-orders. This was the case for DR2, and so is not YMMV. He should have gotten his credit by now.

Wrote in, they told me to wait til october 5th, if no credit by then write back. And they totally forgot to answer my question about when to expect the avatar items code.

[quote name='mitnosi']Wrote in, they told me to wait til october 5th, if no credit by then write back. And they totally forgot to answer my question about when to expect the avatar items code.[/QUOTE]
October 5th that's a load of crap. I would email them back they gave me mine today. I guess that shows how well Amazon has their shit together, one CSR can give your credit now and one wants you to wait almost a week. If this is how its going to be with these credits the rest of the year I may have to buy some games elsewhere.

[quote name='mitnosi']Wrote in, they told me to wait til october 5th, if no credit by then write back. And they totally forgot to answer my question about when to expect the avatar items code.[/QUOTE]

I would complain until I got more than just a $10 credit. Just tell them that's absolutely not acceptable and point out their 2 day crap they have in the bonus credits section.

I dont understand why they dont program it to automatically send the credits once a qualifying order enters a "shipped" status. I think that means the order has been received. Maybe that's just not a viable option but if it can be done then it should be. I don't think they know how much business they're losing by giving out these credits whenever they feel like it.

Ok after 24 hours of no email return I called them and got a very nice CSR. Bottom line she said is that anyone who ordered the game before the credit was added is not going to receive the credit. So if you are sitting around and waiting it isn't happening. Now she was nice and applied a $10 promotional code to my account anyway but it does irk me some that she acted like she was doing me a favor. Amazon is becoming pretty shady in my book :nottalking:

No $10 credit or avatar items here either. I pre-ordered way back in 2009 with 5 other games and I've had to email them every time a game added a credit for this order. I've had no issues getting bonus item codes emailed though. Maybe they just don't have the codes to email out yet like with Tekken 6 last year when they were offering the Cardboard Tube Samurai outfit?

[quote name='ShockandAww']I would complain until I got more than just a $10 credit. Just tell them that's absolutely not acceptable and point out their 2 day crap they have in the bonus credits section.

I dont understand why they dont program it to automatically send the credits once a qualifying order enters a "shipped" status. I think that means the order has been received. Maybe that's just not a viable option but if it can be done then it should be. I don't think they know how much business they're losing by giving out these credits whenever they feel like it.[/QUOTE]

Just to follow-up, I e-mailed them this morning and was able to get my credit, but they made it seem like they were doing me a huge favor. The CSR wrote that the promo applied only to orders from Aug 26 and onwards (I assume that's the day the bonus offer was listed), which is ridiculous, because the bonus offer clearly stated that it applied to all existing pre-orders. They decided to "waive this restriction" and give me the credit "in appreciation of your valuable business."

The one good thing is that the credit seems like it works on stuff other than video games (I tried it on a Blu-ray), and no expiration date was attached. Still, this was not a great experience. It looks like I would not have received my credit if I hadn't e-mailed them.

DR2 terms are still up and they are still offering $10 for buying it. It's clearly states that all existing pre-orders will get the credit.

[quote name='jinxpalm']Ok after 24 hours of no email return I called them and got a very nice CSR. Bottom line she said is that anyone who ordered the game before the credit was added is not going to receive the credit. So if you are sitting around and waiting it isn't happening. Now she was nice and applied a $10 promotional code to my account anyway but it does irk me some that she acted like she was doing me a favor. Amazon is becoming pretty shady in my book :nottalking:[/QUOTE]

Bullshit. It is happening. You know what, I'm done shopping at Amazon for my games until they get this straightened out. If you go to the Dead Rising 2 page and look at the special offers and promotions section RIGHT NOW you can see it still says:

"Order the standard version of "Dead Rising 2" and get $10 off a future purchase from the Amazon Video Games store. The promotion code will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account up to two (2) business days after your product ships. To redeem your reward, add an item from the Amazon Video Games store sold and shipped by Amazon.com to your shopping cart and proceed to checkout. The discount will be visible after you have begun the checkout process. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer valid for one purchase per customer. Here's how (restrictions apply)"

You know what, I'm just seeing something I think is new. I wonder if they're just transitioning to this rule and just need to fix the wording of the bonus offers section where it contradicts this..

Anyway if you follow that link in my last post they have this stipulation:"If you do not purchase the qualifying item when the promotion is in effect, the promotional code will not apply."

Edit: Thinking about that, I dont think it's actually contradictory, but maybe it's confusing Amazon CS like it just confused me. I think that rule is supposed to mean that AFTER a promotion is over, it's over. For example I cant order Black Ops and get a $20 credit now because that deal is done.
I doubt that rule was meant to apply to pre-orders though.
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

[quote name='ShockandAww']You know what, I'm just seeing something I think is new. I wonder if they're just transitioning to this rule and just need to fix the wording of the bonus offers section where it contradicts this..

Anyway if you follow that link in my last post they have this stipulation: [FONT=&quot]"If you do not purchase the qualifying item when the promotion is in effect, the promotional code will not apply."

[/FONT][/QUOTE]
But you technically purchase it when they ship it while its in effect. Your placing the order for it when its not in effect. Then again they can just be assholes, keep trying to find a CSR who will give it up.

bread's done
Back