Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
so if i was to say pre order bullet storm and get 20$ credit, then the next day want to buy a game i can use the credit on ANY game and any condition?

Walmart.com added $10 egift cards for Mortal Kombat and Lego Pirates. Hoping for a $20 deal though from somewhere for Mortal Kombat. Hopefully Kmart comes through if Amazon doesn't.

I had pre-ordered Pokemon White awhile ago, but it showed up in my Goldbox today for some reason. So I canceled and reordered at the discounted price. Saved a little bit of cash and guaranteed my 5 dollar credit. Nice.

How early do you have to pre-order a game to be able to get release date shipping? I have a trade-in scheduled to arrive at noram monday, would I be able to pre-order Killzone 3 and get release date shipping then?

[quote name='alex12353']How early do you have to pre-order a game to be able to get release date shipping? I have a trade-in scheduled to arrive at noram monday, would I be able to pre-order Killzone 3 and get release date shipping then?[/QUOTE]

In my case (shipping to CA), Amazon usually charges GC/CC on or around 12:00 AM Monday and prepares the shipment for Tuesday release-date delivery. But for you trade-in, you will probably have to give another 3 - 4 days for GC balance even if it is delivered on Monday. It seems that it is taking a bit longer for Noram to process trade-ins these days.

When I talked to a CS rep one time they said that a order needs to be placed 5 days before release date to get the release day shipping.

Edit: Just went to pre-order Bulletstorm to make sure and it still gave it to me so 3 days before still works. CS guy mustn't have known what he was talking about.
I'd say you'd have to order it by tomorrow to get Release Day because that gives them a day to process and a day to ship it

I have preordered on a Monday morning, the day the game got shipped out, and was able to get release day delivery and have the game in my hands on Tuesday. I can't say for sure when the cutoff is, though, or whether or not it varies from game to game.

[quote name='Matt Young']I have preordered on a Monday morning, the day the game got shipped out, and was able to get release day delivery and have the game in my hands on Tuesday. I can't say for sure when the cutoff is, though, or whether or not it varies from game to game.[/QUOTE]
Did this with Test Drive Unlimited 2; ordered Monday, got it Tuesday.

But I agree with the comments about the trade-in credit. Even if Noram gets it Monday, you are very unlikely to get the Amazon credit the same day.

[quote name='Lucian']Did this with Test Drive Unlimited 2; ordered Monday, got it Tuesday.

But I agree with the comments about the trade-in credit. Even if Noram gets it Monday, you are very unlikely to get the Amazon credit the same day.[/QUOTE]
Good to know on the release day thing

And yeah I highly doubt you'll get it by then. My Vanquish has been there for 3 days so far and nothing

[quote name='MSUHitman']What is the charge for release day shipping if you don't have Prime?[/QUOTE]
I thought it was $0.99 these days.

Yeah its $0.99

Next November is gonna kill me when my student prime runs out :[

I ordered something from a non-prime capable seller and it felt like it took ages even though it took 6 days

i caved and got kz3 and bulletstorm. im so weak to these amazon deals. and yeah, release day shipping for free is killer. i cant believe it.
and just buy something $25+ for a baby to get on amazon mom for 3 months.
every 3 months i just get some diapers or formula or something. last thing i got was sea lite turtle. hell yea. now my lil Link Dragon gets to chill out to lights floating around the room like stars shining out of the back of a light up turtle stuffed toy.
i love the future ;)

oh yeah and they take their time with tivs. i noticed deadspace was awesome tiv for $11 and burnout was $8 so i sent those in over a week ago and still nothing. i bet they are getting alot of tivs since they bumped them up to match the gamestop promo. im gonna send in my twoworlds2 for 36tiv whoa, and im thinkn sims3 for 33tiv, cuz thats ea and i can see both those games from gamefly under 20 by the end of the year, if not end of summer ;)

I apologize if this has been answered already, but if I buy Homefront on PC can I use the code to register it on steam? I know it's steamworks, but sometimes only the Steam version is steamworks and not retail (like Witcher 2 for instance).

Just noticed that Crysis 2 PS3 Limited Edition has a $10 offer, but the 360 version does not. Something to add to the OP I guess.

If I pre-order Killzone 2 and BulletStorm will I get $40 in store credit.

If it works that way, I'm kinda tempted. I feel naked without any Amazon game credit on my account.

[quote name='Scholarly_Sam']If I pre-order Killzone 2 and BulletStorm will I get $40 in store credit.

If it works that way, I'm kinda tempted. I feel naked without any Amazon game credit on my account.[/QUOTE]
Not really considered In store credit since there's no store :p

But yeah you should end up with $40 credit.

[quote name='jaredstorm']Any idea if Dragon Age 2 is going to have a credit?[/QUOTE]

This. Im going to skip over BS and K3 and go with Dragon Age 2, Ill see with the demo. If not they should be on sale again soon, especially Bulletstorm.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']I suspect it will... but not for the Signature Edition.[/QUOTE]
Not sure about that. The DLC you get for preordering now will come with the Signature Edition.

[quote name='Trance Addix']Anyone get there BS credit yet? Trying to see if someone actually got 10 instead of 20.[/QUOTE]

Bleh, I just got $10 /sigh. Looks like I need to get on Amazon CS.

I didn't get anything yet, but expecting the same result. Wish it would hurry so I can call them and straighten it out lol. Looks like Amazon still needs to work on retroactively updating preorders.

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']Bleh, I just got $10 /sigh. Looks like I need to get on Amazon CS.[/QUOTE]

you should double check by adding a game to your cart. i got an email saying i only got $10 credit, but when i checked it was actually $20.

also not the best place to ask, but if anyone keeps track of their goldbox recommendations, has anyone seen mortal kombat or mass effect 3 listed? wondering if i should just order now or wait for the chance of them showing up

Both KZ3 and BS $20 credits have been applied to my account. Only received an email for the KZ3 credit so far.

Crysis 2 for 360 now has $10 credit.

-Update-
BS credit email came in. Both KZ3 and BS emails correctly listed credit as $20 and expire 2/26/2012.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can also confirm that the e-mail said $10 but I actually got $20. Interesting indeed. Looks like they just forgone with editing past orders and just do it behind the scenes.

I got the 10 dollar email as well. Called amazon I it seems they credited 2 times for 10 each for the bulletstorm order not once for 20. Guess they figured out the mistake quickly

[quote name='genfuyung']I hope Mortal Kombat ends up with some kind of credit. I couldn't care less about reptile.[/QUOTE]

This. I want to pre-order it, but I am waiting to find the best deal possible in doing so. A $10 credit would be just the incentive I need.

For anyone who got the $10 email, try buying something. I just tried and I actually got $20 credit. I checked last night and didn't have any credit, so the $20 is only from buying Bulletstorm.

[quote name='z3razerviper']I got the 10 dollar email as well. Called amazon I it seems they credited 2 times for 10 each for the bulletstorm order not once for 20. Guess they figured out the mistake quickly[/QUOTE]

That or there was typo in the e-mail. Anyways, I like how the credit lasts for a whole year. Of course I'll probably use it within a few months, but nice to know it doesn't expire until 2012. :)

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']come on amazon, $20 on dragon age 2![/QUOTE]

That'd be lovely, but im expecting 10 max. Nonetheless I have my signature preordered.

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']come on amazon, $20 on dragon age 2![/QUOTE]

If they did, I would get it day one. Otherwise I'm going to wait since Homefront comes out the week after and DA2 doesn't have multiplayer.

bread's done
Back