Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cereal_killerxx']My amazon prime expires in July, but if I were to preorder Gears of War 3 now would I still get release date delivery or would it drop down to free basic shipping?[/QUOTE]

Any item you purchase with Prime will ship free via Prime, even preorders after Prime has expired. After Prime expires do not edit your order or change shipping speed/ payment method or it might mess it up.

I hate limited editions, they are not as limited as they say they are, they are overpriced most of the time ( most limited editions come with very little and useless content anyway ) and they drop in price so much very quickly. I wish they were worth the money like the limited edition consoles like this one. The gears one looks badass ! Has anyone seen the tales ps3 le console? That one looks sexy too.

[quote name='ijustw1n']This sucks. Of the very few games I'd actually pre-order, there is no credit given for them.[/QUOTE]

If you are talking about gears 3 the regular edition has 20 credit. You will be better off with that one anyway as the "limited" one comes with a toy lancer replica, seems like a waste to me

[quote name='jza1218']Yeah me too. Convinced the wife to drive over to kmart on fathers day and pick it up for me as a gift. Which means I'll cancel my preorder and put my credits towards something else.[/QUOTE]

I kept thinking they would add one and I'm shocked that they didn't. I've been buying all of my games at kmart recently and they have a $15 gift card so it's really a no brainer.

Does Amazon really think we're going to buy from them when there offer NO credit. Step it up Amazon. If they don't offer AT LEAST $20 credit for the major releases (BF3, UC3, Skyrim, etc.) I'm going with BB. ‹ 5 mins away and the 10 for 150 deals cancels out tax.

Man, Amazon used to throw around $20 credit on almost every release, now, look at how small that list is! Amazon needs to step their game up BB & Walmart most def have been.

Amazon really wouldn't care if a few cheap ass gamers don't preorder the most hyped games of the year. More than enough people buy at full price.

[quote name='gotdott']Amazon really wouldn't care if a few cheap ass gamers don't preorder the most hyped games of the year. More than enough people buy at full price.[/QUOTE]
That and I'm not seeing all these $20 deals on BF2, UC3, etc at Best Buy or Walmart that some people claim. The only preorder deal i'm aware of is Best Buy's offer where you preorder 5 games and get a $100 gift card. Amazon typically offers promo credits when other retailers are running similar deals. So much complaining about nothing since it's still a few months until these AAA games are out. People really have no patience.

Just got an email from Amazon stating they are giving me a $20 credit towards another 3DS game for purchasing Legend of Zelda 3D. Best part is that it's good until 9/30!! Now to decide what I want to use it on or wait for a good new release. Thanks amazon!

The deals will come once other retailers have them. A bunch of the good games don't come out until November anyway. November = Black Friday so I'd just be patient and save your money until then.

[quote name='wolve']That and I'm not seeing all these $20 deals on BF2, UC3, etc at Best Buy or Walmart that some people claim. The only preorder deal i'm aware of is Best Buy's offer where you preorder 5 games and get a $100 gift card. Amazon typically offers promo credits when other retailers are running similar deals. So much complaining about nothing since it's still a few months until these AAA games are out. People really have no patience.[/QUOTE]

Kmart has confirmed that they'll have gaming coupons on all of the AAA titles this year. The rest of the competition though seems to be getting off of the coupon train. I wonder if they've devalued the price of a new release already that they'll have a hard time moving them without any kind of incentives.

[quote name='scarhawk']Does Amazon really think we're going to buy from them when there offer NO credit. Step it up Amazon. If they don't offer AT LEAST $20 credit for the major releases (BF3, UC3, Skyrim, etc.) I'm going with BB. ‹ 5 mins away and the 10 for 150 deals cancels out tax.[/QUOTE]

dont they only put up the credit a couple months in advance, which is why gow3 and batman credits are up, but not bf3 and mw3.

[quote name='joshrocker']Kmart has confirmed that they'll have gaming coupons on all of the AAA titles this year. The rest of the competition though seems to be getting off of the coupon train. I wonder if they've devalued the price of a new release already that they'll have a hard time moving them without any kind of incentives.[/QUOTE]

Well if that's the case then amazon will follow like always when it comes to credit

[quote name='yahoosale14']dont they only put up the credit a couple months in advance, which is why gow3 and batman credits are up, but not bf3 and mw3.[/QUOTE]
It depends on what Walmart.com does usually. Gears 3, Mass Effect 3, and Batman have all had credits for quite awhile now because Amazon matched Walmart.com deals.

Bookmark this link and watch it. When that updates, Amazon will usually be very close behind. I just look at the number to quickly check for anything new. There's currently 15 offers.

So I never have done a preorder with Amazon. I have some credit but not enough to cover the total cost but I am trading in 4 games this week to make up for it. If I preorder today will they apply the trade credit later or charge my card? Should I just wait until the trade clears or will I have to cancel and reorder if I do it today? I hope this makes sense.

[quote name='cancerman1120']So I never have done a preorder with Amazon. I have some credit but not enough to cover the total cost but I am trading in 4 games this week to make up for it. If I preorder today will they apply the trade credit later or charge my card? Should I just wait until the trade clears or will I have to cancel and reorder if I do it today? I hope this makes sense.[/QUOTE]
Amazon wont charge until an order ships. At that point they would charge your card. You would probably have to cancel and reorder once you got the credit.

That is only an issue though if the credit you have now is about to expire, or if Amazon has a low price on it right now that may not be available by the time you receive your game trade credit. If neither of those are issues just wait to order it.

I really dont remember how Amazon adds the credit you'll receive for the game trade ins. If they do it as a promo credit you would have to place the order after you receive the credit. If they add it as a gift card credit you can apply that type to an already existing order.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Amazon wont charge until an order ships. At that point they would charge your card. You would probably have to cancel and reorder once you got the credit.

That is only an issue though if the credit you have now is about to expire, or if Amazon has a low price on it right now that may not be available by the time you receive your game trade credit. If neither of those are issues just wait to order it.

I really dont remember how Amazon adds the credit you'll receive for the game trade ins. If they do it as a promo credit you would have to place the order after you receive the credit. If they add it as a gift card credit you can apply that type to an already existing order.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info:) Game trades show up under gift card credit so when I add something like a Kindle card to my account it just adds to that credit. No expiration dates or anything. Just want to be sure I do not miss the $20 credit promo. Although I doubt it will go away in the next 7-10 days.

Remember also that credit's can go up as well. Portal 2 started out at like $10 or something, and then went up to $15 or $20 soon before release.

Come fall, I think all the major titles will have $20 credit easily.

I ordered a copy for PS3 & Xbox 360. I got the email for $20 credit for ps3 purchase. Do I get only 1 credit per title or is it per platform. I remember getting credit previously for multiple platforms, has the policy changed?

[quote name='harish7447']I ordered a copy for PS3 & Xbox 360. I got the email for $20 credit for ps3 purchase. Do I get only 1 credit per title or is it per platform. I remember getting credit previously for multiple platforms, has the policy changed?[/QUOTE]

It depends, when you order the same title sometimes Amazon emails Ps3 & 360 videogame pre-order promo credits instantly, but sometimes you have to ask for your second promo credit.
Contact a CS rep and explain them that despite this is the same tittle, they are different products, different systems, different Amazon ASSIN numbers and that you buy (and spend your money) on games for both of your consoles, most of the time they agree. It´s your right!

Last edited by a moderator:
Gah, no new credits by Amazon for pre-orders when I just looked. I had such a good run of them going and they killed it :( NCAA '12 I have for free including trade in credits but no credit after it. I still have it preordered but I believe I'm going to Wal-Mart for NCAA '12. Their bonus (recruiting advisor) normally costs around $10 and is worth it for me as I play loads of dynasties. Paying for it, pass but included added with their price-matching? I'll get them to price-match whoever has the best deal going for NCAA '12. IE, if someone has it for a $15 giftcard after purchase they'll knock $15 off the price.

[quote name='caponesgun']Gah, no new credits by Amazon for pre-orders when I just looked. I had such a good run of them going and they killed it :( NCAA '12 I have for free including trade in credits but no credit after it. I still have it preordered but I believe I'm going to Wal-Mart for NCAA '12. Their bonus (recruiting advisor) normally costs around $10 and is worth it for me as I play loads of dynasties. Paying for it, pass but included added with their price-matching? I'll get them to price-match whoever has the best deal going for NCAA '12. IE, if someone has it for a $15 giftcard after purchase they'll knock $15 off the price.[/QUOTE]

What does the recruiting advisor give you? I love NCAA 12 and play it for Dynasty, but I never used any of the marketplace content.

[quote name='FerDK']It depends, when you order the same tittle sometimes Amazon emails Ps3 & 360 videogame pre-order promo credits instantly, but sometimes you have to ask for your second promo credit.
Contact a CS rep and explain them that despite this is the same tittle, they are different products, different systems, different Amazon ASSIN numbers and that you buy (and spend your money) on games for both of your consoles, most of the time they agree. It´s your right![/QUOTE]

i don't believe you're supposed to get 2 credits for the same game even if its a different platform.

[quote name='FerDK']It depends, when you order the same tittle sometimes Amazon emails Ps3 & 360 videogame pre-order promo credits instantly, but sometimes you have to ask for your second promo credit.
Contact a CS rep and explain them that despite this is the same tittle, they are different products, different systems, different Amazon ASSIN numbers and that you buy (and spend your money) on games for both of your consoles, most of the time they agree. It´s your right![/QUOTE]

Amazon is selling what now? :lol:

When I order the same tittie twice I might get double the reward? Interesting..
But sometimes if I complain to Customer Service and insist that even though it appears it's the same tittie, they are in fact entirely different products... OH HELLO!
They also have different ASS numbers that I spend my hard earned cash on so I am entitled to a reward from BOTH TITTIES.
Well, well, well... you DIRTY RASCAL! Double meanings..
Is this the LA Noire Quarter Moon Case ;)

[quote name='scarhawk']When I order the same tittie twice I might get double the reward? Interesting..
But sometimes if I complain to Customer Service and insist that even though it appears it's the same tittie, they are in fact entirely different products... OH HELLO!
They also have different ASS numbers that I spend my hard earned cash on so I am entitled to a reward from BOTH TITTIES.
Well, well, well... you DIRTY RASCAL! Double meanings..
Is this the LA Noire Quarter Moon Case ;)[/QUOTE]

What the fuck did I just read? -.-

[quote name='doubledown']What does the recruiting advisor give you? I love NCAA 12 and play it for Dynasty, but I never used any of the marketplace content.[/QUOTE]

- Unlocks certain pitches for certain recruits, and will tell you which recruits.
- Notifies you of which recruits have the x2 bonus for that week so you can use your time accordingly.
- It also lets you know of any prospects that you aren't in their top 10, but you could be if you added them to your board and talked to them.

It also tells you when to offer scholarships (aka instant signs).

It's a nice benefit if you're doing multiple dynasties and don't want to have to micromanage recruits. It's also very helpful for smaller schools fighting for those first set of 3-4-5 star recruits. It was "decent" for $10 or so on marketplace for those wanting it but for free? Def worth it!

[quote name='wrencrest']Do we have to have Amazon Prime membership to get the free titties?[/QUOTE]

I believe you just need to sound as smooth as Sean Connery.

So after doing a search it seems that the Promo credits last for 1 year. Is this pretty much universal now or will certain games have longer time periods while others are shorter? What is the shortest time frame people have been given. Planning on getting GOW3 but would likely wait till ME3 to use my credit since I am buying most of my games at BB this fall.

[quote name='cancerman1120']So after doing a search it seems that the Promo credits last for 1 year. Is this pretty much universal now or will certain games have longer time periods while others are shorter? What is the shortest time frame people have been given. Planning on getting GOW3 but would likely wait till ME3 to use my credit since I am buying most of my games at BB this fall.[/QUOTE]

a quick search just showed that you get an expiration date when they email you the code and ship the game. some have reported the expiration as two months....but you can pre order a game in advance and still have the credit applied.

http://www.amazon.com/Video-Games-C...BIS4KXSSM1E8/1?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B002BSC4ZS

[quote name='Jodou']Anyone else get two emails for F3AR? They faked me out, thinking I got two $20 credits but I only got one. :([/QUOTE]
Wow, so apparently I was wrong and they really did send me two credits for F3AR on PC! Oddly, they would not stack on the same order, which is why I was confused. The two emails were identical except one expired May of next year and June for the other. If anyone else ordered F3AR pretty early, I'd double-check to see if you got lucky as well.

Just passing this along maybe someone can put it in the right place. Gift Card credit and more so promotional video game credit (the type that only shows up when you make your next purchase) was applied to my $10 PSN download code. So it may work for all digital game focused downloads.

I think a few people were wondering about that.

[quote name='grantme']Just passing this along maybe someone can put it in the right place. Gift Card credit and more so promotional video game credit (the type that only shows up when you make your next purchase) was applied to my $10 PSN download code. So it may work for all digital game focused downloads.

I think a few people were wondering about that.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I updated the FAQs.

Hey guys, I read a little while ago someone buying kindle gift cards from Best Buy and using them on Amazon with no restrictions. Can anyone confirm this?

[quote name='mr_burnzz']Hey guys, I read a little while ago someone buying kindle gift cards from Best Buy and using them on Amazon with no restrictions. Can anyone confirm this?[/QUOTE]

I have done over $350 from BB to AMZ this way.

Holy crap, awesome! That's great. I dunno anything about kindle GC but does it have to be for Amazon or does it not matter? Expiration dates?

Amazon Gift Cards do not expire and the Kindle gift cards can be used for anything purchased on Amazon(including 3rd party purchases/warehouse deals)

bread's done
Back