Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']One can also look at the last time the first post was edited. :)[/QUOTE]Which wouldn't be correct, since I edited the title and put in the datestamp. Nothing else changed in the post, so they might think there was something new stuck up there by the edit date.

[quote name='shrike4242']Which wouldn't be correct, since I edited the title and put in the datestamp. Nothing else changed in the post, so they might think there was something new stuck up there by the edit date.[/QUOTE]

It was more than likely correct until the date stamp was added...

I cant believe Bayonetta isnt getting any bonus deals on Amazon. Im actually more surprised a limited edition isnt being printed for the U.S. The biggest action game to start the year and nothing rly special..Juust waat the fawwwkk =*(!

I browsed around and couldn't find anything for certain, so I'll ask anyhow: If you already have these pre-ordered, will you still get the $10 bonus? Or do I need to cancel my order and re-order it? Thanks!

[quote name='xepherys']I browsed around and couldn't find anything for certain, so I'll ask anyhow: If you already have these pre-ordered, will you still get the $10 bonus? Or do I need to cancel my order and re-order it? Thanks![/QUOTE]

Wondering the same exact thing.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']The answer is yes, these offers get applied to all existing preorders as well as new ones.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the clarification. Amazon is great for these things!

[quote name='Ryuukishi']The answer is yes, these offers get applied to all existing preorders as well as new ones.[/QUOTE]

You rock. Thanks for the info.

I really hope people aren't serious about buying Army of Two 2. That game is horrible based on the demo. I'm surprised that Wombat lied so much about it being "fun" when obviously the controls and everything else about it suck.

All the other games seem nice though

pretty lame about Bayonetta, but I did save $10 using my discover card during the $10 off promo back in November.

Hope someone can help. I'm planning on getting TvsC to get that 10$ credit. I also have 10 from the New Mario Bros. Next on my list is NMH2; will both credits be applied to the game or is it only one per game? Thanks.

[quote name='bennyblanco7']Hope someone can help. I'm planning on getting TvsC to get that 10$ credit. I also have 10 from the New Mario Bros. Next on my list is NMH2; will both credits be applied to the game or is it only one per game? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Your current $10 credit (from Mario Bros.) can be used on the pre-order, but you will not get the TvsC credit until after the game ships. Same as when you order Mario Bros.

[quote name='dino88']Your current $10 credit (from Mario Bros.) can be used on the pre-order, but you will not get the TvsC credit until after the game ships. Same as when you order Mario Bros.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply. Forgot to mention that I preordered TvsC before I got New Super Mario so the credit wont appy to TvsC. Can I use both $10 credits attained from the previous games mentioned and stack those for NMH2?

[quote name='bennyblanco7']Thanks for the reply. Forgot to mention that I preordered TvsC before I got New Super Mario so the credit wont appy to TvsC. Can I use both $10 credits attained from the previous games mentioned and stack those for NMH2?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that won't be a problem. You just won't be able to pre-order NMH2, since they come out the same week and you'll have to wait on the TvsC credit. But once that credit is on your account, both $10 credits will stack on your next game purchase.

I'm sure it's been mentioned, but is Amazon going to attach a $10 GC to the CE of Mass Effect 2?

I mean seriously...hurry up with that!

I can pay less for a standard copy and get $10 free....or pay MORE for the CE and get no promo?

ya...bs

[quote name='jcp42877']I'm sure it's been mentioned, but is Amazon going to attach a $10 GC to the CE of Mass Effect 2?[/QUOTE]Not going to happen... They sold out of their allocation of CE already.

[quote name='element676']When does amazon.com usually charge your card for pre-orders?[/QUOTE]

I've always been charged on the day it ships.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Not going to happen... They sold out of their allocation of CE already.[/QUOTE]

oh, okay! good thing i preordered a while back...eh, i loved Mass Effect enough to not even care if i get a promo on this game...it's just going to be great i can already tell

[quote name='jcp42877']oh, okay! good thing i preordered a while back...eh, i loved Mass Effect enough to not even care if i get a promo on this game...it's just going to be great i can already tell[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm actually one of the lucky few who got the CE* for the original ME so nothing is keeping me from getting the CE for ME2.

* It was a internet exclusive. (Amazon/Gamestop)

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Yeah, I'm actually one of the lucky few who got the CE* for the original ME so nothing is keeping me from getting the CE for ME2.

* It was a internet exclusive. (Amazon/Gamestop)[/QUOTE]

Well that explains it a bit. I was curious as to why it was so hard to find copies of the CE for ME1. I bought the game used probably 7 months after its initial release, and just figured that CE probably were at Target, Best Buy, TRU, wherever...but that explains it.

Looks like the same craze worked for the AC2 Black Master Edition or whatever its called

[quote name='element676']Any $10 credit a for pre-orders announced for Heavy Rain as of yet?[/QUOTE]

No, just a copy of the first episode of Heavy Rain Chronicles...

On and its coming out on the 23rd of Feb. (That was just announced.)

[quote name='element676']Any $10 credit a for pre-orders announced for Heavy Rain as of yet?[/QUOTE]

Hell, Amazon still thinks that it's not coming out until the end of 2011 (and yeah, I know that was a random date far in the future they picked back when there wasn't a release date scheduled, but still . . . ). We won't be seeing any offers from them until, at the very least, they realize that it's coming out soon.

If anyone grabbing MAG wants to make a quick $5, I'm after the PS Home code the preorder has.

And argh, FF13 really needs some sort of bonus, fast.

Forgive me for asking something that MIGHT'VE already been asked before, but I sifted through pages and didn't find an answer...

I just applied $10 credit to Bioshock 2 CE for PC. It worked fine, but that's the strange part. The credit was only supposed to apply to games shipped by the end of this month. Any chance Amazon will remove my credit after Jan. 31?

Thanks!

[quote name='Coyotegrey']Forgive me for asking something that MIGHT'VE already been asked before, but I sifted through pages and didn't find an answer...

I just applied $10 credit to Bioshock 2 CE for PC. It worked fine, but that's the strange part. The credit was only supposed to apply to games shipped by the end of this month. Any chance Amazon will remove my credit after Jan. 31?

Thanks![/QUOTE]No, they won't. The date restriction is for orders placed by that date, not when the item ships.

Order Final Fantasy XIII and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotion code will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account up to two (2) business days after your product ships. To redeem your reward, add a Video Games item sold and shipped by Amazon.com to your shopping cart and proceed to checkout. The discount will be visible after you have begun the checkout process. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer valid for one purchase per customer. Here's how (restrictions apply)

[quote name='62t']Order Final Fantasy XIII and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotion code will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account up to two (2) business days after your product ships. To redeem your reward, add a Video Games item sold and shipped by Amazon.com to your shopping cart and proceed to checkout. The discount will be visible after you have begun the checkout process. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer valid for one purchase per customer. Here's how (restrictions apply)[/QUOTE]

It's about damn time. Just saw that on SD also.

[quote name='Afflicted']nothing better than getting a credit from something you already have preordered.[/QUOTE]

That's the good thing about preordering , especially from Amazon.
Amazon was the first place I've ever preordered anything from.

Split/Second on PC for $30 instead of $40...plus a ten dollar credit...that's about half off with FSSS, preodering, now.

bread's done
Back