Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
for some odd reason i dont see, i also pre-ordered it a while back and i know amazon would usually update it, but im not seeing it showing up on my account, is anyone else encoutering the same problems?

[quote name='sjtnn']for some odd reason i dont see, i also pre-ordered it a while back and i know amazon would usually update it, but im not seeing it showing up on my account, is anyone else encoutering the same problems?[/QUOTE]

It shows the $10 credit in an odd spot for FF XIII. Scroll down to the "special offers and product promotions" section.

Is it just me, or did they just change the box art for Heavy Rain? (Which has still yet to get a $10 credit bonus. Get on that, Amazon.)

[quote name='DrMunkee']Is it just me, or did they just change the box art for Heavy Rain? (Which has still yet to get a $10 credit bonus. Get on that, Amazon.)[/QUOTE]

Yep, I noticed this as well... preferred the old one, but oh well....

You know... I didn't expect to buy any games today, but I ended up pre-ordering FFXIII (Amazon), getting the GTA4 Episodes (Amazon) and DDR Universe 3 (Target). (My wallet is not amused)

I have a noob question, if i preordered ff13 before the deal showed up, would i still get the deal, or do i have to reorder

[quote name='orangbulu']I have a noob question, if i preordered ff13 before the deal showed up, would i still get the deal, or do i have to reorder[/QUOTE]

You don't have to reorder. You'll still get it. Amazon is cool like that.

Aghhh I hope they do this for Heavy Rain!! Come on Amazon!

[quote name='SithFran']FFXIII on 360 or PS3? I love my cheesemints but I'm thinking it'll look better on PS3.[/QUOTE]

I have both pre-ordered myself. We should not be getting dual audio, so no bonus for blu-ray there, but supposedly something will be lower quality on the cutscenes for the 360 to conserve space. I first thought it would be more of a downgrade on the cg cutscenes, but then I had read it would be changing some cutscenes to "engine driven", which would have to be regular type of cutscenes. Any time the game gets additional detail and all that jazz pre-rendered, but is still working off 3d models not cg imagery. I don't know if there are any facts out there yet.

3 discs I think have been confirmed for the 360. Of course the regular "will this have slightly better aa/framerate and less tearing" pops up when wondering about the 360 version. Really wish both versions came out in japan so we could know beforehand.

All in all, that was probably no help whatsoever and is why I still have both versions on amazon pre-ordered; waiting till I have a few more clues to decide.

[quote name='shrike4242']No, they won't. The date restriction is for orders placed by that date, not when the item ships.[/QUOTE]

Ohhhhh. Thank you very much, sir.

[quote name='DrMunkee']Is it just me, or did they just change the box art for Heavy Rain? (Which has still yet to get a $10 credit bonus. Get on that, Amazon.)[/QUOTE]
That's because the final NA box-art was released today.

[quote name='Jodou']That's because the final NA box-art was released today.[/QUOTE]

It certainly looks North American now... (Its more focused on the character's within than something abstract.)

It's not horrible by any means but I had sort of grown accustomed to the 'place holder' art...

Good fined on FFXIII guys (and gals). Still not sure if I'm going to pick it up... I just haven't enjoyed a JRPG in sometime, none this gen that's for sure. (That doesn't include Demon's Souls because thats a JRPG in developer only... Its not traditional at all and I haven't played Lost Odyssey, which I hear is quite good.)

As for what platform to buy... I pretty much stick to the 360 side of things (I hate getting day of release patches for random unfixed bugs on the PS3 side of things) but I wouldn't do so in this case... Ports never outperform the original and the PS3* is certainly the original in this case.

* It's almost sad that the PS3 version has no disc swap... At rather enjoyed that during the PS1 era. :lol:

lol I just placed my pre-order for FFXIII at gamestop and I come back to this!

oh well, I'd rather pick up something like this in person anyways.

You'd rather pick it up for like 8$ more in cash without the 10$ credit after?

Another nice addition to a game I already had pre-ordered. That makes atleast 4 in the next few months, and like 7 last year. Go Amazon.

[quote name='Vortextk']You'd rather pick it up for like 8$ more in cash without the 10$ credit after?[/QUOTE]More like 13... Gamestop isn't going to charge anything less than 59.99

Just counting the 3$ off and tax, with the credit being "extra" seeing as how you still give amazon 57 cash, you just get some back after.

[quote name='Vortextk']Just counting the 3$ off and tax, with the credit being "extra" seeing as how you still give amazon 57 cash, you just get some back after.[/QUOTE]I didn't include taxes... Some states have to pay them (Kansas, Washington) some do not...

Awesome, I preordered FFXIII via gold box a while back and used $20 in credit I had received from other games. Another $10 is even sweeter.

There it is! I was waiting for FFXIII to show up, now all I need is for Resonance of Fate, Yakuza 3 and BF:BC2 to show up and Ill be set through the Spring.

Any chance other items will be tacked on to the FFXIII pre-orders, items like collectible posters and such?

[quote name='Vortextk']You'd rather pick it up for like 8$ more in cash without the 10$ credit after?

Another nice addition to a game I already had pre-ordered. That makes atleast 4 in the next few months, and like 7 last year. Go Amazon.[/QUOTE]

iono, it's my most anticipated game of this year and I just feel I need to pick it up myself.

i apologize if this has already been answered...

i preordered Red Dead Redemption months ago, i think before they said anything about a 10 card. i assume i still get it?

[quote name='panzerfaust']iono, it's my most anticipated game of this year and I just feel I need to pick it up myself.[/QUOTE]

To each his own - but i sure do get a warm and fuzzy feeling when I get amazon release day delivery, and i track the package online, so that I know I can go straight home after work and have a present waiting for me:)

[quote name='affa']i apologize if this has already been answered...

i preordered Red Dead Redemption months ago, i think before they said anything about a 10 card. i assume i still get it?[/QUOTE]

Yes. If they add anything after you pre-ordered, you'll still get it.

I pre-ordered KH 358/2 before they offered credit and I still received it.

[quote name='affa']i apologize if this has already been answered...

i preordered Red Dead Redemption months ago, i think before they said anything about a 10 card. i assume i still get it?[/QUOTE]

Scroll up :)

Is it possible to use the $10 credit on preorders already placed?

For example, if i order Mass Effect 2, can i use the $10 credit from that toward Final Fantasy XIII which is preordered already?

You can not place the credit yourself, you would have to contact amazon and have them do it. YMMV, but I'm guessing you won't be able to. Though amazon's CS is more helpful(and way too generous) than just about any place out there, so you can try.

From my experience (have had them do this 3 or 4 times) they won't add a -$10 promotion to your order. Actually, I don't know if that's even allowed. What they CAN do however is lower the price of the item by $10 (ex. Uncharted 2 when I did this went from $56.99 to $46.99). Suggesting changing the price of the item usually lead them to do just that in my experience.

[quote name='Nirron']From my experience (have had them do this 3 or 4 times) they won't add a -$10 promotion to your order. Actually, I don't know if that's even allowed. What they CAN do however is lower the price of the item by $10 (ex. Uncharted 2 when I did this went from $56.99 to $46.99). Suggesting changing the price of the item usually lead them to do just that in my experience.[/QUOTE]

You're talking about a completely different situation. In his situation he would be asking for a reduced price, while keeping his $10 code from ME2 and receiving another $10 code for FFXIII. I don't see why they would allow that.

[quote name='ShockandAww']You don't have to reorder. You'll still get it. Amazon is cool like that.

Aghhh I hope they do this for Heavy Rain!! Come on Amazon![/QUOTE]

Heck yes, $10 credit on top of the free DLC for Heavy Rain would be a nice bonus.

Already jumped on ME2 and Bioshock 2... I will wait to see if FFXIII gets a limited edition before I decide whether or not to get the regular edition on Amazon. Nice that they added the 10 dollar promo to it though!

Anyone know if I can cancel an order that has a video game promo attached to it, will I instantly receive that promo credit back?
Heavy Rain is selling for $1 cheaper at the moment so I wanted to reorder ;)
I guess I'll just email CS and see what they say.
Edit half an hour later: They adjusted my order to reflect the price difference. Thanks Amazon!

Last edited by a moderator:
If I'm reading your comment right, you don't need to re-order.

Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price.

[quote name='CheapyD']If I'm reading your comment right, you don't need to re-order.

Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price.[/QUOTE]

Ok Thanks. Now it shows up in my order as 35.96 instead of 36.99 though so I feel more secure haha. I wasn't sure if they'd automatically drop the price on something that already has a promo attached or not.

Come onnnn $10 credit for Heavy Rain where are you...

[quote name='Demon Soul']Is it possible to use the $10 credit on preorders already placed?

For example, if i order Mass Effect 2, can i use the $10 credit from that toward Final Fantasy XIII which is preordered already?[/QUOTE]

You don't receive the credit until the game has shipped. So the only way is to pre-order FFXIII after your ME2 has shipped.

[quote name='Demon Soul']Is it possible to use the $10 credit on preorders already placed?

For example, if i order Mass Effect 2, can i use the $10 credit from that toward Final Fantasy XIII which is preordered already?[/QUOTE]Assuming the $10 credit is already applied to your account, some CAGs have had success with having the credit applied to an existing order by emailing Amazon.com about the moving of the credit. Other ones haven't.

You won't get the credit until the item ships, so you won't have the credit until a few days after 01/26/10. Once you get it, you may be able to have Amazon.com apply the credit to your FFXIII pre-order.

I just cancel and re-order, to apply the $10 credit towards a future pre-order. I just pre-ordered tat vs cap and ill be getting $10 from that. Once that kicks in im going after FFXII which I already have on PO, as long as the price hasnt fluctuated ill just cancel and re-order with the credit. Amazon CS is sometimes hard headed and wont understand.

[quote name='anubis20']I just cancel and re-order, to apply the $10 credit towards a future pre-order. I just pre-ordered tat vs cap and ill be getting $10 from that. Once that kicks in im going after FFXII which I already have on PO, as long as the price hasnt fluctuated ill just cancel and re-order with the credit. Amazon CS is sometimes hard headed and wont understand.[/QUOTE]
Well, some of us have 'special' orders that aren't worth canceling to apply the credit. ;)

[quote name='jodou']well, some of us have 'special' orders that aren't worth canceling to apply the credit. ;)[/quote]
eca lives!!!

bread's done
Back