Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nightmare452']Yes to both questions.
1) If its on the gold box, the ECA still works, but you get one gold box deal per day (or you can do right click on the deals you see and get more than one gold box item, trick). The pre-order deals usually extend to existing pre-orders, but that depends on Amazon's policy on specific pre-order, so check the pre-order details.

2) If you order now with free 2-day shipping, you keep the 2-day shipping.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks! The only other thing in my gold box that I'd be interested in is Final Fantasy Versus XIII (there's also MAG, but I don't care about that too much), but I don't even know if I'll end up getting that. I definitely want Heavy Rain though. ;)

2 questions...

1. How long does it take for gaming credit to expire?

2. Also it may have been asked allready can you use like a $5 gaming credit from one game and a $10 gaming credit from another to give you $15 off of one game. I think I saw you can't do that

[quote name='Microshock']So I've figured out that shopping on Amazon is useless without Prime, and that's useless if you dont shop on Amazon a lot.

Release delivery costs about 12 dollars for me.[/QUOTE]

Considering I saved $10-15 on each game I purchased in the last few months, I wouldn't consider shopping on Amazon a waste without Prime. If you're willing to wait a few days for the free delivery, (honestly, how often do you get a game you speed on the way home to play?) it's more than worth it.

[quote name='basketb']1. it depends. Each offer may be different.
2. it depends again. Some may be combinable, but in general they are not.[/QUOTE]

Ok, thanks for the response.

Actually, the gaming credit GCs are stackable with each other. At least, I haven't yet run into a situation where they were not.

GC promos that may not be stackable are credits for things like MP3s, Video on Demand, or other non-game related items. They're all considered "GC" credit, but they can't be applied to items outside of what they were issued for.

[quote name='gunm']Actually, the gaming credit GCs are stackable with each other. At least, I haven't yet run into a situation where they were not.

GC promos that may not be stackable are credits for things like MP3s, Video on Demand, or other non-game related items. They're all considered "GC" credit, but they can't be applied to items outside of what they were issued for.[/QUOTE]

I'm not exactly sure, but from my experiences, you can't get credit on the same game on the same platform for use at the same time. For example, I bought 2 copies of NFS: Shift for the PS3 and I was only able to use the $10 credit on two separate purchases instead of them combined into one $20 credit. Maybe I did something wrong, but I think that's how it works.

Hm, never tried ordering two of the same game in the same order before. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to go with "it depends" then, lol.

Quick question: if I place a pre-order today for Modern Warfare 2, when will my credit card be charged? When I place the pre-order or when the game ships? Thanks in advance.

[quote name='icarusmight']Quick question: if I place a pre-order today for Modern Warfare 2, when will my credit card be charged? When I place the pre-order or when the game ships? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

when the game ships.

I currently have one of these in my account. I thinking of pre-ordering MW2. If I were to order it, but then cancel my order if Best Buy has a better deal, would I get the $10 credit back to use on a later offer? Or would I lose it for canceling my order? Thanks

If I have a $10 promo GC (from Kingdom Hearts) and preorder a bunch of games will they apply the $10 promo GC to the first game that ships or spread it out?

[quote name='ponn01']If I have a $10 promo GC (from Kingdom Hearts) and preorder a bunch of games will they apply the $10 promo GC to the first game that ships or spread it out?[/QUOTE]

They will apply it to the first game that ships.

Brutal Legend promo on amazon pales in comparison to if you got a hold of half price sims 3 cards from BB promo :). Emailed EA for birthday coupon of $20 off and free release date shipping on preorders so Brutal Legend= $20 total for me lol. If anyone remembers that they have eastore credit use it on that :p. Anyone know when I will get $25 gift card after ordering a wii from amazon?

KYK Genesis Water Ionizer

The KYK Genesis water ionizer sits proudly amongst the best water ionizers on the market. It is produced by the KYK Co., the number 1 ionizer selling company in Korea, and a leading innovator on water ionizer technology. Through the efforts of companies such as Water for Life USA, this beneficial technology is now available to people living in the United States and Canada. In this article we are going to help you learn about the many features of the KYK Genesis Water Ionizer, and find out exactly what makes it a top of the line machine.:lol::lol::lol::lol::cool::cool::roll::roll::cry:

[quote name='dantes1985']KYK Genesis Water Ionizer

The KYK Genesis water ionizer sits proudly amongst the best water ionizers on the market. It is produced by the KYK Co., the number 1 ionizer selling company in Korea, and a leading innovator on water ionizer technology. Through the efforts of companies such as Water for Life USA, this beneficial technology is now available to people living in the United States and Canada. In this article we are going to help you learn about the many features of the KYK Genesis Water Ionizer, and find out exactly what makes it a top of the line machine.:lol::lol::lol::lol::cool::cool::roll::roll::cry:[/QUOTE]
What?

[quote name='usmasters']Just a heads up, The Beatles Rockband currently has a $10 Video Game credit with purchase.[/QUOTE]

Mother fuck! I just ordered this last night as well before midnight.

[quote name='usmasters']Just a heads up, The Beatles Rockband currently has a $10 Video Game credit with purchase.[/QUOTE]
PS3 and XBox only. No love for the Wii.

[quote name='BMXJouster']1. Heavy Rain just showed up in my Gold Box Quick Picks for today ($54.14). Now I'm new to this, so this lasts all day right? Does the ECA 10% stack with Gold Box Quick Picks? Also, if I pre-order and they add some kind of free promotion later on (like a $10 coupon in the e-mail) will I still get that or miss out on it because I pre-ordered it way in advance?[/QUOTE]

Heavy Rain has appeared in my quick picks a few times as well, and I'm tempted, but I'm hesitant to pre-order something that doesn't even have an official scheduled release date yet . . .

I'm going to assume this Video Games Credit doesn't work on Console Purchases. Or does it?

Edit: Nevermind i just confirmed that it does work on Consoles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome! I put in an order earlier when they didn't have the $10 promotion for 2 copies of Smackdown vs Raw and MW2 and now I will hopefully get $30 in credit since it says it will apply to pre-existing orders. To top it off, I got 20% off with my ECA discount =)

Might be a stupid question. First time buyer of a 10 dollar future purchase from kingdom hearts. When do these, and more importantly, WHERE, do they show up?

I went ahead and reordered dragon age of origins for the 360, just too good a deal to passup...

I don't think this has been posted in this thread yet but I just noticed a link on Amazon.com that provides a checklist of these games that are available with promotional credit:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=493262771&pf_rd_i=468642

It also seems that on that list that both Need for Speed: Nitro titles come with $10 credit.
Wii:
http://www.amazon.com/Need-Speed-Ni..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1G761WCE3R0GA5WMRZHG
and DS:
http://www.amazon.com/Need-Speed-Ni..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1G761WCE3R0GA5WMRZHG

[quote name='basketb']Nice list but it only shows the pre-orders and not the currently available ones like Beatles RB.[/QUOTE]

Good catch. It sure would be nice of amazon to include the games that aren't pre-orders.

Well that NBA2k10 for PC is only 19.99 with 10 dollar GC.
Apply ECA then its about 22 dollar ship.

So when it ships its about 12 bucks...

I wonder the PC version is any good.

Did anyone receive $10 promotion credit yesterday and have no idea where it came from? It may just be extremely late ODST credit or maybe its from one of the games I preordered yesterday.

[quote name='cyphen']Did anyone receive $10 promotion credit yesterday and have no idea where it came from? It may just be extremely late ODST credit or maybe its from one of the games I preordered yesterday.[/QUOTE]

I received one yesterday... assuming it was from ODST cause it had never showed up... and I had sent 2 emails and called about it and it was turned over to the marketing dept, and I just heard back from them yesterday that it was an error and would be showing up in the next week... so figure it was from ODST... the way the email read, it sounded like they found some problem that affected more than just me

[quote name='Afflicted']I received one yesterday... assuming it was from ODST cause it had never showed up... and I had sent 2 emails and called about it and it was turned over to the marketing dept, and I just heard back from them yesterday that it was an error and would be showing up in the next week... so figure it was from ODST... the way the email read, it sounded like they found some problem that affected more than just me[/QUOTE]

Thats probably it. Thanks for the response.

hm it might be, but i got my $10 from ODST last week and used them, and i have two additional $10 credits today...

[quote name='ohnomelon']Quick questions about preorders:

1: If you preorder a game on Amazon do you get charged the full price then or only when it ships?

and 2: DSo I get the GC when I put in the order or when it ships?[/QUOTE]

1. When it ships

2. A couple of business days after it ships

[quote name='CheapyD']
iconamazon.gif
The Beatles: Rock Band $53.99 w/$10 gaming credit[/QUOTE]

crap. i looked at this list a few times. i don't know how i missed that. and now it doesn't look like they're doing any credit.

anyone know how long this lasted?

---
uh, never mind. now it is showing up.

the box with the $10 credit alternates with the box for trade in credit, so it only shows up every other time... which is incredibly stupid.

[quote name='Nirron']As for 2, I was somewhat wondering the same thing. I have a few pre-orders already made that have Gold Box discounts that I would prefer not to cancel. I mainly wasn't sure about the hit/miss rate on e-mailing Amazon's CS asking them to apply the promotional code to an order I already made.[/QUOTE]

If anyone answered this in the thread, I missed it and have been wondering the same thing. If I get one of the $10 promotional credits and want to apply it to an already existing pre-order that I can't redo (because of gold box or some other promo that will be lost), is it easy to get a CSR to manually apply it?

EDIT: I went back and checked the thread again and apparently 1 or 2 people said they did have success doing this. Anyone try this and get shot down?

[quote name='Afflicted']I received one yesterday... assuming it was from ODST cause it had never showed up... and I had sent 2 emails and called about it and it was turned over to the marketing dept, and I just heard back from them yesterday that it was an error and would be showing up in the next week... so figure it was from ODST... the way the email read, it sounded like they found some problem that affected more than just me[/QUOTE]

I got the same credit yesterday. I'm pretty sure it's a really late ODST credit because i never actually received it (I ended up contacting Amazon about the lack of ODST credit and got gifted $10 instead).

Woot! Just preordered Assassin's Creed II with the $10 off from 358/2 Days and stacking ECA codes. $35 total, which is probably what the game will be running in mid-December if the first is any indication of future pricing.

FYI there's no word of 1 /household in cod:mw2
so for multiple order we can get $10 as much as the cod right?

bread's done
Back