Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
Theres no telling how long these deals will be good for, is there? I've got a few things I'm almost done with, and also recently decided to get a Wii, so the trade-in deal combined with the $25 gc sounds perfect to me. Except I'll probably need at least another week to finish my games and then I'll have to wait for the credit to be applied to my account before I could get the Wii, and doubt the $25 thing would still be good then.

[quote name='vidan']FYI there's no word of 1 /household in cod:mw2
so for multiple order we can get $10 as much as the cod right?[/QUOTE]

Ummmm.....purple?

[quote name='Gertle627']Theres no telling how long these deals will be good for, is there? I've got a few things I'm almost done with, and also recently decided to get a Wii, so the trade-in deal combined with the $25 gc sounds perfect to me. Except I'll probably need at least another week to finish my games and then I'll have to wait for the credit to be applied to my account before I could get the Wii, and doubt the $25 thing would still be good then.[/QUOTE]

Most of them stay up until the game ships. ODST had one that even stayed up a couple days after it shipped. The MW2 one disappeared for a while at one point, but it's back now. So yes it's possible that they could take these down whenever they want to, but from past experience they don't.

They told me to wait until after the 6th to call back about my missing $10 credit.

I have to wait a week for $10. In video game credit. I cannot believe it.

[quote name='WhiteLens']Quick question, if I were to cancel an order that had the $10 gift card applied to, would I get it back?[/QUOTE]

I got mine back so i would have to say yes :D

Its been a few days since I placed my pre order for 2K10 and I still haven't gotten the email about the $10 gift card. I guess I would have to wait a bit more like Interfaci (in nor real hurry as I plan to purchase MW2 next). Will report when I receive my gift card.

[quote name='totsata']Its been a few days since I placed my pre order for 2K10 and I still haven't gotten the email about the $10 gift card. I guess I would have to wait a bit more like Interfaci (in nor real hurry as I plan to purchase MW2 next). Will report when I receive my gift card.[/QUOTE]

Except... It doesn't work like that. You have to wait for them to physically ship the game to get your credit. "The promotional code will be placed directly into your Amazon.com account within 2 business days after the product ships." They're pretty clear about it.

[quote name='WhiteLens']Quick question, if I were to cancel an order that had the $10 gift card applied to, would I get it back?[/QUOTE]

You would get it back UNLESS the expiration date on the credit has already expired. Then you'd likely lose it.

Their is NO 1 per Household rule when it comes to these $10 videogame credit. I ordered 2 copies of Halo ODST and did indeed get both $10 credit for a total of $20

How do we even stack codes? I just have the one. Realizing now that it'd be cheaper to get it during a TRU deal if they have the games I want.

[quote name='Interfeci']Except... It doesn't work like that. You have to wait for them to physically ship the game to get your credit. "The promotional code will be placed directly into your Amazon.com account within 2 business days after the product ships." They're pretty clear about it.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I read that they send you the email 24-48 hrs after you make your purchase...My mistake that I did not look further into the details. Thank you for correcting my mistake and giving very valuable info. Appreciate it!

Dead Space for $20 made me pull the trigger on...

Dead Space + Brutal Legend + DJ Hero + Dragon Age for $202 after 2xECA. Planning on using the $30 credit for Modern Warfare 2.

I have a few questions, if I were to order Brutal Legend and New Super Mario Bros. now, when Brutal Legend came out would I be able to edit my payment method to apply the $10 credit towards Super Mario Bros.? Or would it happen automatically by chance since they don't charge you until a game ships?

Also, if I have multiple promotional credits, are they stackable or only one per order? Say I had three $10 credits from different games, could I apply all of those to a single game, or would I have to use them on three separate ones?

[quote name='shytface']I have a few questions, if I were to order Brutal Legend and New Super Mario Bros. now, when Brutal Legend came out would I be able to edit my payment method to apply the $10 credit towards Super Mario Bros.? Or would it happen automatically by chance since they don't charge you until a game ships?

Also, if I have multiple promotional credits, are they stackable or only one per order? Say I had three $10 credits from different games, could I apply all of those to a single game, or would I have to use them on three separate ones?[/QUOTE]

Unsure of the multiple stackings of $10 promo credit (curious about that myself) but as to the question of applying the credit to an already ordered item, you would need to e-mail or call customer service and ask them (politely ;)) to apply the credit toward Order # as you can't add any promotional stuff yourself once the order is placed.

[quote name='Nirron']Unsure of the multiple stackings of $10 promo credit (curious about that myself) but as to the question of applying the credit to an already ordered item, you would need to e-mail or call customer service and ask them (politely ;)) to apply the credit toward Order # as you can't add any promotional stuff yourself once the order is placed.[/QUOTE]

I see, thanks. What about actual gift card balances, rather than promotional credits? Would that be automatically deducted or could I apply it as a payment method before Super Mario Bros. were to ship?

You can apply gift cards. Promotions (aka codes & non-gift card credit) seem to be the only thing you can't apply. There should be a box above the order saying 'You have $X.XX credit available' or something along those lines, and there will be a box prompting you to apply it to the order you're viewing.

Oh one more thing, anyone know if the 1 per household limit applies to platform or to title? For example, Dragon Age Origins I was planning on getting for PC, but I should be getting a PS3 slim soon as well, so I was thinking about ordering for both.

[quote name='shytface']Oh one more thing, anyone know if the 1 per household limit applies to platform or to title? For example, Dragon Age Origins I was planning on getting for PC, but I should be getting a PS3 slim soon as well, so I was thinking about ordering for both.[/QUOTE]

Applies to title, emailed support asking this specific question the other day. :D

[quote name='Vpyingyang']Got my $10 for NBA 2K10 today :D[/QUOTE]
They really dropped the ball on my 2k10. Had to email them 3 times. Lost the order in my account so they had to manually look it up. Didn't credit me the $10 promotion so instead they refunded me $10. So I guess that makes up for it.

I pre-ordered NBA Live at $56.99 but with ECA discount & $10 credit from KH 358/2 it ended up at $41.29, my question is will they drop the price to the current $49.99 and would it affect the discount because I should get it for $34.99 if they do or $34.29 if they use the 10% from the $56.99.

Hello, can anyone tell me if I pre-ordered MW2 would I get it delivered on release date? I looked at Amazon and it seems like I can't get it on release??

Thanks

if you pay for release date delivery (or use amazon prime or the free trial), then yes you'll get it on release day.

Got my Beatles Rockband and NBA 2k10 promo 10.00 off in my account today, and I checked, they stack. Waiting on one more coming from Forza and will get Borderlands with the 3 credits and ECA...

Between Amazon (with their promo credits, no tax, free shipping, and ECA) and Toys R US (with their decent to good trade in program and gift cards on release) Im buying a lot more new games - for well below MSRP of course. :)

(oh yeah, the expiration on 2k10 has been stated, but Beatles expires at the end of November, fyi)

NBA 2k10 only has that 52.99 deal for the Xbox 360 version now. The PS3 version is up to 59.99 again and no gift card

[quote name='dab0yech0']NBA 2k10 only has that 52.99 deal for the Xbox 360 version now. The PS3 version is up to 59.99 again and no gift card[/QUOTE]

nba 2k10 is too LIVE. i actually lined up for this game. it's definitely worth the price.

[quote name='lawl']Has anyone gotten their $25 gift card in the mail yet for the Wii? I'm still waiting...[/QUOTE]

I just got an e-mail tonight with the code for my $25 gift card...

[quote name='raichur0xx0rz']I just got an e-mail tonight with the code for my $25 gift card...[/QUOTE]
yah, mine just came by email too. cool.

I wish Amazon would change the $10 promotion on Dragon Age to include the CE. Time for another email to see if they change their minds.

It would be awesome if they did. I want to order Dragon Age CE, but it sucks that I wouldn't get the $10 credit I would with the standard edition.

[quote name='shrike4242']I wish Amazon would change the $10 promotion on Dragon Age to include the CE. Time for another email to see if they change their minds.[/QUOTE]

I dont think the CE is listed online anymore for the 360, any idea why?

[quote name='abhinav']I dont think the CE is listed online anymore for the 360, any idea why?[/QUOTE]

It's actually rare? Gamestop isn't taking pre-orders for it either any more, last I read.

[quote name='abhinav']I dont think the CE is listed online anymore for the 360, any idea why?[/QUOTE]
Maybe they are actually limited and that might explain why they did not give out $10 gift cards with the CE.

Last edited by a moderator:
I asked in an email with more than a few questions but they didn't know what I was talking about. (I never replied back with a better description as my description was pretty spot on.)

I'm signed up for email notification but if I've not seen anything in the next week or two I plan on calling them and walking them through to the items location/description. (I cannot see EA limiting them on copies when I'm sure they make more money on a CE then on a regular edition of the game.)

I have a question regarding the credit/gift card... If I use one but later decide to cancel that preorder do I get the credit back or does it vanish? (I have Assassin Creed 2 preordered with on but I'm tempted to cancel and use that credit towards another game. Which has its on 10 dollar credit, which I'll then use on AC2.)

I'd be better if the offer were a gift card code or at least if the videogame credits had a later expiration date of 3 months or so instead of one (I assume all credits expire at the end of the month).

So it looks like games only get these credits close to coming out. Wondering if this is just to boost sales for the fall or if this will be a continuing trend. When does a game usually get this extra credit, like how long until it releases, anyone know?

Brutal Legend will be here Tuesday :) I'll apply my discount to the Dragon Age PC Collector's edition, that'll cover release date delivery and $4 more, still cheaper than the store and guaranteed to be here on the release date, woo :)

bread's done
Back