Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
I just wanted to take the time here to inform all PS3 users here concerning Red Dead Redemption's performance.

Last week or so Cheapy mentioned a source informed him over a month ago that the 360 version performed significantly better over the PS3 version. Since then, there have been concerns over this even on Gamefaqs.

Well over at NeoGAF, Magnus has been playing the PS3 full retail version. He is a stickler for framerates, and has had no issues thus far. Other than a couple situations that are barely worth mentioning at best...

"Framerate's been fine. Took a bit of a dive during a couple of hectic moments, but I had to focus on it (to the detriment of the mission gameplay) to really notice it."

So to help put everyone's fear at ease, I just wanted to let everyone know...the PS3 version is doing just fine.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=395097&page=27

[quote name='oiskaio']Oh, I hope not! I want the original Amazon GC. I'm waiting to purchase some things from them in the health department with that $20. If it's going to be a video game credit then I don't want to wait, lol.

The image on the RDR page is still the GC image, and not the typical Video game credit one, so *Fingers Crossed*[/QUOTE]
The actual terms on the product page still say "Amazon Gift Card", not game credit. If you are concerned they may not honor that, save a screen cap. I usually save screen caps just to keep track of Amazon preorder bonuses.

Sorry if this has been asked before but I didn't find an answer when I was searching the threads - does PoP still have a $10 gaming credit? It isn't listed currently on the product description page.

[quote name='ubikpersona']Sorry if this has been asked before but I didn't find an answer when I was searching the threads - does PoP still have a $10 gaming credit? It isn't listed currently on the product description page.[/QUOTE]

I checked for you and no there isn't a $10 gaming credit

[quote name='sasuke543']I checked for you and no there isn't a $10 gaming credit[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I sent Amazon an e-mail asking since sometimes they have valid offers but they just aren't clearly advertised - they can take a while to respond though.

[quote name='sasuke543']I checked for you and no there isn't a $10 gaming credit[/QUOTE]

Its still there. You just need to look under special offers and product promotions.

[quote name='cyphen']Its still there. You just need to look under special offers and product promotions.[/QUOTE]

Not only this but if you have yet to place an order on the final checkout screen it will give that big blue note about getting a $10 game credit for ordering within 2 days of release.

[quote name='dopehat']FWIW PS3 has exclusive content for Red Dead Redemption [/QUOTE]Yet, no one at Sony is talking about this?

Anyhow, if it is true its probably to make up for the L2/R2 shooting mechanics. :lol:

Has anyone ever placed multiple orders of the same item and gotten the credits? I need to get a couple super mario galaxy 2's thats why I ask. I know it states one per person/account just curious

[quote name='cyphen']Its still there. You just need to look under special offers and product promotions.[/QUOTE]

my bad i didn't see that

anyways did anyone find out if the RDR $20 will be a gift card or...video game credit?

why is borderlands on the list? It doesn't have a gift card offer right now, and I doubt it ever will since the offers seem to come only with new games.

It had one when they were matching gamestop, as did like a dozen other 3-6month old games, the first post just hasn't been updated apparently.

I finally got around to pre-ordering RDR on the 360 (the $20 GC was just too good), but when I received my promo email, it was for $5 dollars in the mp3 store....????

Anyone else have this problem? Should I email customer service or wait until it ships to see if they send the proper promo email with my $20 credit? Your thought?

Thanks.

[quote name='QuickFix']I finally got around to pre-ordering RDR on the 360 (the $20 GC was just too good), but when I received my promo email, it was for $5 dollars in the mp3 store....????

Anyone else have this problem? Should I email customer service or wait until it ships to see if they send the proper promo email with my $20 credit? Your thought?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

The 5 dollar mp3 is an instant credit for purchasing the game, the 20 credit won't come to you till a weekish after the game ships to you. You're fine.

[quote name='QuickFix']I finally got around to pre-ordering RDR on the 360 (the $20 GC was just too good), but when I received my promo email, it was for $5 dollars in the mp3 store....????

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Doht! Don't mind my stupidity.... I guess I should of read the fine print before posting. I guess they email you about the $20 credit after it ships... duh me. :p

"...Gift card and access code will be e-mailed within ten business days after the game releases..."

Singularity recently got bumped up to a 20 dollar credit as well, goddamn amazon wants my money, and they want it now. As well as I want games and credits. Goddamn.

[quote name='bobright']Does Super Mario Galaxy hold its value and will do well resale wise?[/QUOTE]

Nintendo is notorious for never lowering their prices for years and years and years. Most retailers still sell Zelda TP, a Wii launch title for full price. Resale value, that's a bit different, but it'll definately still sell for $50 MSRP for a couple of years atleast.

[quote name='DKRobbie']Singularity recently got bumped up to a 20 dollar credit as well, goddamn amazon wants my money, and they want it now. As well as I want games and credits. Goddamn.[/QUOTE]
Not bad considering you can get a free copy of Prototype if you pick up Singularity with some sort of mail in thing.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']actually it has been $20 for several days, no one really posted it though. now I'm not sure when the Prototype bonus was thrown in.[/QUOTE]

actually iiirc, the prototype promo is from the developers, kind of like darksiders/red faction promo. so no matter who you buy it from you get that.

I noticed that the expired credits were removed. I liked having that information for reminding me which games I've ordered included credits. Amazon is generally pretty good about giving credit where its due... however, I've had them miss it a time or two.... Just my 2 cents.

[quote name='tafkam']Hey guys I just checked Amazon & Singularity has a $20 Game credit. Plus the 360 version gets a free copy of Prototype.

Sorry if this is a repost, didn't see anything[/QUOTE]

Really?

Only Xbox 360 version of Singularity is listing Prototype. Might want to update the list to reflect this. Guess they have a lot of leftover discs to dump, but hey, I liked it enough to get it back. ;)

i'm a little bummed that amazon never matched walmart's $20 gift card offer on the limited and legendary editions of halo reach. i mean even gamestop has already matched!

[quote name='y2jasper']i'm a little bummed that amazon never matched walmart's $20 gift card offer on the limited and legendary editions of halo reach. i mean even gamestop has already matched![/QUOTE]
they have several months to match it!

[quote name='y2jasper']i'm a little bummed that amazon never matched walmart's $20 gift card offer on the limited and legendary editions of halo reach. i mean even gamestop has already matched![/QUOTE]

Probably because of all the additional money they would have to lose for the ones they're giving up for $59.99 on Legendary copies.

[quote name='Treythalomew']The 5 dollar mp3 is an instant credit for purchasing the game, the 20 credit won't come to you till a weekish after the game ships to you. You're fine.[/QUOTE]
Is the $5 mp3 credit limited to one per account, or one per order? Just wonder if it's worthwhile to order items separately ;)

Hey everyone,

Is it confirmed that the Red Dead Redemption offer is still valid this close to release date? I actually set up an account just to purchase it with a gift card I had, but I canceled the sale when there wasn't any mention of it on the notification area on the final confirmation, just the $5 MP3 as others stated.

For anyone that pre-ordered weeks ago, did you receive a different message at check out?

I was just a little concerned when the page mentions they can cancel the offer at any time, while supplies last, yada yada, with no direct confirmation. And I know they're not really benefitting from a "pre-order" of 3 days and might have revoked it.

Obviously I've never used amazon before so I don't know how these deals normally work. I just don't want to pay full price and return it, and I would go through the TRU hassle since the deals are comparable, but would rather do the amazon if it works. Thanks for any helpful replies.

Also, what's the best way to contact them about things like this, I got lost on their help pages?

I also got the $5 mp3 credit. It only works from may 7th to sometime in june and you can only get it for a single purchase. This Amazon deal kicks the crap out of all the other pre-order deals...$20 gift card, golden guns, $5 mp3 credit, free shipping, no taxes, and hopefully a deck of cards.

[quote name='sasuke543']should i inquire them about the mp3 credit?[/QUOTE]

I didn't get an e-mail about it but while I was checking out a text box appeared telling me it would be applied to my account. Just try adding some mp3s to your cart and see what your payment options look like? If there's a $5 credit/promotion applied you're good.

And thanks to everyone who pointed out the Special Offers part on the PoP page.

[quote name='ubikpersona']I didn't get an e-mail about it but while I was checking out a text box appeared telling me it would be applied to my account. Just try adding some mp3s to your cart and see what your payment options look like? If there's a $5 credit/promotion applied you're good.

And thanks to everyone who pointed out the Special Offers part on the PoP page.[/QUOTE]
There's a 'View balance' link right below the 'Buy' button on MP3 album pages.

Does anyone have much experience with Amazon free shipping for games on pre-orders? It says estimated shipping date for May 24th (next Monday), but it usually is way too late with other games and movies I have gotten as well. Will it probably ship sooner then? (Amazon usually ships to me from an adjacent state too, so it doesn't take long)

(Red Dead Redemption)

bread's done
Back