Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ShockandAww']$20 credit for Castlevania standard and limited Xbox/PS3. Sorry SHC.

I keep trying to put the link up but it's screwing up for some reason.[/QUOTE]
Amazon is making it too hard to stop preordering.

For those whose Metroid didn't come yesterday, definately be persistent with customer service. I sent them an e-mail mentioning the Prime membership and how non-Prime members had shipping costs reimbursed and how I pre-ordered months ago and got the following response:

Hello,

I've checked order #XXXXXXXX and see there's been an unexpected delay
in getting stock of Metroid: Other M. I'm sorry about that.

Looking at your order, I see it was shipped on August 31 through UPS. Here's the
address where it was sent:

XXXXXX

We understand that customers who select Release date delivery want to receive
their orders faster, and we will only use an alternative shipping method when we
know your order will arrive by the estimated delivery date.

In order to compensate for the delay in delivery of the package, I'd like to
give you a $10.00 promotional certificate, which you can use the next time you
order an item shipped and sold by Amazon.com. You'll see your available
promotional balance at checkout--this amount will be applied to your next order
automatically without entering a claim code.

Your promotional balance doesn't appear in Your Account but will always display
when you place an order. For more information about using your promotional
certificate, including the terms and conditions for using the certificate, visit
our Help pages:

http://www.amazon.com/help/promotionalcertificate

I can understand a promotional certificate can no longer compensate for the
delay. However, keep it as a goodwill gesture.

I hope you'll understand that we do our best to ensure that all of our customer
orders meet the estimated ship and delivery dates listed in Your Account.
Clearly, we have not met those standards in this case.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to prove the quality of our
service to you in the future. Thank you for shopping with Amazon.com.

Epic win! Metroid for $20 after this and the pre-order credit! :D

is there a way to request which games get gift cards? I'd really like one for Vanquish...

or maybe we can get the Sears guy to give one so Amazon will match...

[quote name='ShockandAww']$20 credit for Castlevania standard and limited Xbox/PS3. Sorry SHC.

I keep trying to put the link up but it's screwing up for some reason.[/QUOTE]

Yes! I've had this preordered for a while now - it's actually one of the last games I was able to get them to add to my ECA preorder. Now this $20 plus the one from Fable 3 will knock my Need For Speed down to $20. :D

[quote name='spree4567']I just got a response from customer service after I sent them an angry email about how I have Prime largely in part for release date delivery but still didn't get the game to me on release date and also how people who just ordered it in the past week got their copy of the game but I didn't even though I pre-ordered over a year ago.

Now keep in mind it's currently about 11:30 PM EST on release date. Even if I lived on the west coast it'd be 8:30 PM, too late for any chance of the game showing up on the release date. I don't get how they could tell me this unless there's a massive delay between the time they create the response and when it gets sent out.

I've had nothing but good experiences with Amazon in the past, but this is crap. All they basically did was tell me how to return it and tell me how to not renew Prime. They didn't solve my problem at all.[/QUOTE]
I got that email also and chose no this didn't help link and decided to email them again last night. My 2nd email I wrote wasn't very nice and this morning I got a response pretty much sucking up to me and gave me a 10 dollar credit. You email again after clicking the no link in the message. Good Luck.

[quote name='argyle']Yes! I've had this preordered for a while now - it's actually one of the last games I was able to get them to add to my ECA preorder. Now this $20 plus the one from Fable 3 will knock my Need For Speed down to $20. :D[/QUOTE]

What do you mean by "was able to get them?" Have you been refused since when asking to add a game to an old ECA order? I've continued to do this for a year now and have never been turned down.

[quote name='Moravagine']What do you mean by "was able to get them?" Have you been refused since when asking to add a game to an old ECA order? I've continued to do this for a year now and have never been turned down.[/QUOTE]
I got turned down once, as they claimed a technical error prevented them adding anything. I just tried again a few days later, and had 0 issues.

[quote name='pjb16']I got turned down once, as they claimed a technical error prevented them adding anything. I just tried again a few days later, and had 0 issues.[/QUOTE]

for about the last month they've been telling me i can't add any more games due to a technical error. the last email i sent, they did a "one time" favor and let me make a new order for black ops that they manually price adjusted. i'm still not giving up though and will probably try again in a few weeks.

[quote name='pjb16']I got turned down once, as they claimed a technical error prevented them adding anything. I just tried again a few days later, and had 0 issues.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='y2jasper']for about the last month they've been telling me i can't add any more games due to a technical error. the last email i sent, they did a "one time" favor and let me make a new order for black ops that they manually price adjusted. i'm still not giving up though and will probably try again in a few weeks.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info; hopefully just an anomaly and not something they will regularly start saying in the future. I had them add one game earlier in the week and they just added another today without a hitch.

when the OP is updated for castlevania you can also remove elemental, grease, and madden 11 since they no longer have credits (unless i somehow didn't see it).

man how could i have missed out on grease!

I was gonna say this should be in the amazon GC thread, but then I checked and it wasn't. Might bite for a $20 GC. Wasn't planning on getting this originally until like Black Friday or something.

[quote name='Lordd_G']OP, X360 Limited Ed link is wrong (same a PS3 Limited)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for pointing it out, changed!

Any new footage of this game in the past 2 weeks? The E3 stuff was awfully mundane IMO.

I'm super interested in this title though, so I'm just waiting for a reason =p

Awesome, glad they put up a $20 dollar credit on Castlevania, not really any local K-marts so this works out well for me.

[quote name='bojay1997']Still no match on Walmart for Fable III CE or MOH? Very disappointing.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I wonder why they've not been matched yet. I'm just waiting hopefully not too much longer. I emailed Amazon Promotions about Walmart's offer in hopes they will change both but I doubt they'll do much.

[quote name='Moravagine']Thanks for the info; hopefully just an anomaly and not something they will regularly start saying in the future. I had them add one game earlier in the week and they just added another today without a hitch.[/QUOTE]Never been turned down, although once your order gets super big you will get an error trying to view the invoice. This is where you have to be careful because sometimes it's hard to cancel an item due to the error. Make absolutely sure you want something before having them add it, such as cases where a collector's edition might be announced.

Viva la ECA!

I just got the Castlevania email from Amazon. Looks like it's already posted. But I will mention that it's also Release Day Delivery. I was going to wait on this game.....Damn you Amazon!!!!

Hey I guess it's a good thing my order is shipping late. This was mentioned a few posts back but quickly got buried under CLOS. Metroid Other M is currently $45.99 on amazon with $20 GC. I was able to call and have my refund applied for the difference since mine had not shipped. Not sure what boat you guys may in in if you've received yours already but may be worth a shot.

Nice, Amazon never sent me my $20 credit for Metroid, so one email later and they credited $20 to the order. Works for me!

[quote name='NegativeZero']Hey I guess it's a good thing my order is shipping late. This was mentioned a few posts back but quickly got buried under CLOS. Metroid Other M is currently $45.99 on amazon with $20 GC. I was able to call and have my refund applied for the difference since mine had not shipped. Not sure what boat you guys may in in if you've received yours already but may be worth a shot.[/QUOTE]
If your order has already shipped then current Amazon policy is not to refund you the difference in a price drop. Sometimes you can get lucky (if you get a really nice cs rep), but my last few experiences were all responded to with the same email: "The price you paid was the best price we could offer at the time".

So basically:
-If your order hasn't shipped and the price drops, Amazon will match the drop.
-Once your order ships, the price at the time of shipping is the price you pay.

[quote name='lilman']If your order has already shipped then current Amazon policy is not to refund you the difference in a price drop. Sometimes you can get lucky (if you get a really nice cs rep), but my last few experiences were all responded to with the same email: "The price you paid was the best price we could offer at the time".

So basically:
[/QUOTE]

works for me, I got my refund, but I advise everyone who hasnt received a shipping confirmation to contact amazon now.

[quote name='NegativeZero']works for me, I got my refund, but I advise everyone who hasnt received a shipping confirmation to contact amazon now.[/QUOTE]

Everyone who pre-ordered should contact them immediately regardless of if they've received their game or not. Can't hurt trying to get a few $ back.

[quote name='lilman']If your order has already shipped then current Amazon policy is not to refund you the difference in a price drop. Sometimes you can get lucky (if you get a really nice cs rep), but my last few experiences were all responded to with the same email: "The price you paid was the best price we could offer at the time".

So basically:
[/QUOTE]

With both Alan Wake and UFC 2010 the price at time of shipment was 59.99. On both instances I received the game on Tuesday and they refunded me $10 when they changed the price to $49.99 on Wednesday; and that was without any prompting on my part. I guess its just hit or miss across the board.

this is a bit off topic, but is there a way to find out when your promo credit expires?

normally, this isnt a problem because the email notification tells you when it expires. however, i had to call customer service for the madden credit and they didnt mention anything about expiration date for it.

if i call/email customer service, they should be able to look it up, right?

if customer service added credit to your account, it probably has no expiration date, especially if you can use that credit on anything (not just games).

[quote name='y2jasper']if customer service added credit to your account, it probably has no expiration date, especially if you can use that credit on anything (not just games).[/QUOTE]

yeah, i was thinking it had no expiration date, but i just wanted to be sure.

unfortunately, its just video game credit. i bought something off amazon recently and the credit actually worked on it until the very last step of check-out.

in for LoS. been hoping they'd match that 20$ promo. sucks they drop the price on metroid afterthe preorders ship. you'd think preorders would get the preferential treatment, not be the ones paying MORE. oh well. they screwed my release day delivery up & just got it today (but it shipped monday nite, and i got it for 47$ in quick picks, so the 4$ refund didnt apply to me).

[quote name='twztid13']in for LoS. been hoping they'd match that 20$ promo. sucks they drop the price on metroid afterthe preorders ship. you'd think preorders would get the preferential treatment, not be the ones paying MORE. oh well. they screwed my release day delivery up & just got it today (but it shipped monday nite, and i got it for 47$ in quick picks, so the 4$ refund didnt apply to me).[/QUOTE]
Obviously those who pre-order are more likely willing to play full price. Amazon has little to no incentive to give them preferential treatment.

I posted this in a Graveyard thread about a Call of Duty Black Ops price drop that should have been applied to my account but wasn't and now Amazon is saying they've had a MAJOR change in the Pre-Order Price Guarantee. Figured I should post here since that's what this thread is all about....

"Wow, I just got off the phone with Amazon because the price of my order was RAISED back up to $59.99 and I 've been told there has now been a MAJOR change to the pre-order price guarantee, they no longer look at ANY fluctuation in price between the day you order and the date the item ships. I am told that it ONLY now applies one the date of release if the price changes on that ONE day THEN you are offered the lower price. They will NO LONGER auto-adjust accounts for interim price changes and that the verbiage on the website will be updated to say that. Anyone else hear this from Amazon? This is a MAJOR change and will defninitely affect my future buying from them. "

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xbox_mole']I posted this in a Graveyard thread about a Call of Duty Black Ops price drop that should have been applied to my account but wasn't and now Amazon is saying they've had a MAJOR change in the Pre-Order Price Guarantee. Figured I should post here since that's what this thread is all about....

"Wow, I just got off the phone with Amazon because the price of my order was RAISED back up to $59.99 and I 've been told there has not been a MAJOR change to the pre-order price guarantee, they no longer look at ANY fluctuation in price between the day you order and the date the item ships. I am told that it ONLY now applies one the date of release if the price changes on that ONE day THEN you are offered the lower price. They will NO LONGER auto-adjust accounts for interim price changes and that the verbiage on the website will be updated to say that. Anyone else hear this from Amazon? This is a MAJOR change and will defninitely affect my future buying from them. "[/QUOTE]
There was a pricing mistake with Black Ops. Most people had their orders canceled. Just because they wouldn't honor the price for pre-orders in this instance (since no one had that price honored) doesn't mean there is a change in their pre-order price guarantee. At the very least they've yet to change their terminology on their website about it.

Also, what I bolded makes no sense at all since you go on to talk about changes that are supposedly taking place.

[quote name='xbox_mole']I posted this in a Graveyard thread about a Call of Duty Black Ops price drop that should have been applied to my account but wasn't and now Amazon is saying they've had a MAJOR change in the Pre-Order Price Guarantee. Figured I should post here since that's what this thread is all about....

"Wow, I just got off the phone with Amazon because the price of my order was RAISED back up to $59.99 and I 've been told there has not been a MAJOR change to the pre-order price guarantee, they no longer look at ANY fluctuation in price between the day you order and the date the item ships. I am told that it ONLY now applies one the date of release if the price changes on that ONE day THEN you are offered the lower price. They will NO LONGER auto-adjust accounts for interim price changes and that the verbiage on the website will be updated to say that. Anyone else hear this from Amazon? This is a MAJOR change and will defninitely affect my future buying from them. "[/QUOTE]

You got a bad CSR response on that one. Their policy has not changed in a couple years and very clearly states that they will honor the lowest price through the end of the day the game releases if you pre-order. The COD situation was weird in a lot of ways. Mainly because I don't think it was a mistake. I think some overly eager employee price matched New Egg and didn't realize they were already giving away a $20 cert for pre-orders. I was shocked that Amazon actually cancelled orders, but maybe $10 off MSRP and $20 in certs was too much of a loss on a game that is guaranteed to sell no matter what.

I got a nice cs rep who refunded me the $4 but he said it was a "one time exception" and that it's against their policy. But only because I forgot to mention that in the previous email I sent to a CS rep, the game was still in the Shipping Soon phase but now it has been shipped. Oh well. At least I'm getting my $4 and the game is on it's way to my house :)

bread's done
Back