Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mikkey']My ME2 still shows that it hasn't shipped yet I have "release date delivery' wtf?[/QUOTE]

often they ship it out very late and next day air 'em...

yeah i've had times when the order didn't get shipped out until after 10pm the day before, yet still arrived before noon.

[quote name='Mikkey']My ME2 still shows that it hasn't shipped yet I have "release date delivery' wtf?[/QUOTE]My ME2 CE shipped this morning going next day air saver.

My copy of MAG, which is also releasing tomorrow, just shipped, also with next day air saver.

As long as it's on the truck by this evening, it doesn't matter when it ships out today.

Just out of curiosity, did any Mass Effect 2 collector's editions buyers gets release date delivery?

Mine has got an estimated delivery date of the 27th... (I'm a prime member too.) And I'm pretty sure they advertised release date delivery all over their website.

[quote name='yoricksdeath']I got the CE and release date delivery. Can't wait![/QUOTE]

Anyone else...? I've traded a few emails with amazon and haven't had much satisfaction on the issue being resolved... though apparent;y the first reply I got did give me the 10 dollar credit as they said my CE edition qualified for it.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Has anyone received their $10 credit for Tatsunoko vs. Capcom yet?[/QUOTE]They have two days after the release date to get it to you. As today's the release date, they have until Thursday before you should start complaining about it.

Got my MAG code too, and the game isn't even in my hands yet. Sucks it expires in Feb., but I guess I'll have to use it up soon then.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Got my $10 promo for ME2 already. Expires Feb 28th :roll: but it's fine I'll just use it on some pre orders.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's the only downside to these promos and it's shitty when it forces you to make a hurried decision. I'm constantly looking at trade values of games that drop in price, hoping for a near 1:1 trade-in so that I can dump the promo for lifetime credit.

I got my $10 from Mass Effect 2. Was shocked to see it expired February 28th. I ordered and got $10 promos from Amazon a bunch of times last year and it never had an end date. I also have Dante's Inferno and Bioshock 2 as Preorders. Going to combine all 3 and get Heavy Rain. Kinda lucky Heavy Rain comes out the 23rd.

I found this part of the email a little disturbing. "[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]It is our pleasure to let you know that you have earned $10 toward the purchase of any video game product shipped and sold by Amazon.com until 02/28/10." [/SIZE][/FONT]Does this mean it has to ship out by 2/28, which would mean it's no good for preorders after that date?[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]

[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='wild21crazy']I found this part of the email a little disturbing. "[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]It is our pleasure to let you know that you have earned $10 toward the purchase of any video game product shipped and sold by Amazon.com until 02/28/10." [/SIZE][/FONT]Does this mean it has to ship out by 2/28, which would mean it's no good for preorders after that date?[/QUOTE]
No, you're fine since they don't touch orders placed. However, if you ever cancel it, the credit will poof. Best to try and just use it up ASAP.

quick question, how successful have people been with getting amazon to apply the $10 promo to an existing preorder? i know before they sometimes added it, but usually not, was wondering if it had changed recently.

[quote name='y2jasper']quick question, how successful have people been with getting amazon to apply the $10 promo to an existing preorder? i know before they sometimes added it, but usually not, was wondering if it had changed recently.[/QUOTE]
Its hit or miss really

kinda annoyed at the end date... was hoping to stack all the ones I have coming to get a DS almost free. Been nice to have been pushed out till the end of march or april since the FF one goes till end of June.

Looks like I'm not the only one thinking wtf at the expiration. So I only have one month to use this credit...and there's nothing I want till March. What a waste...

[quote name='Mikkey']Walmart has a $10 GC for God of War III, expect Amazon to add one soon :D:D[/QUOTE]

oh boy i hope so :)

[quote name='leehom']Looks like I'm not the only one thinking wtf at the expiration. So I only have one month to use this credit...and there's nothing I want till March. What a waste...[/QUOTE]

From my understanding at a couple posts above, that you just have to use it on an order between now and 2/28. Which means if you want GoW3 or FF13 to use your promo on, that you have to pre-order before 2/28. If I'm wrong, please correct me. I will probably use mine on Heavy Rain, but I also got Dante's Inferno & Bioshock 2 promos to come.

[quote name='ZombieChicken']From my understanding at a couple posts above, that you just have to use it on an order between now and 2/28. Which means if you want GoW3 or FF13 to use your promo on, that you have to pre-order before 2/28. If I'm wrong, please correct me. I will probably use mine on Heavy Rain, but I also got Dante's Inferno & Bioshock 2 promos to come.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that should be correct. Just make sure that the order is placed before the 28th. It doesn't matter if you use it on Alan Wake or something else that will seemingly never release, just as long as the order is placed.

For those who complain about the expiration date. Try calling amazon customer service and see if they can give you an extension for the code. I am sure they would be willing and could make something work.

[quote name='Mikkey']Walmart has a $10 GC for God of War III, expect Amazon to add one soon :D:D[/QUOTE]

WM has had that going for a couple of weeks now. I'm still waiting on Amazon to match. . . .

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Anyone else...? I've traded a few emails with amazon and haven't had much satisfaction on the issue being resolved... though apparent;y the first reply I got did give me the 10 dollar credit as they said my CE edition qualified for it.[/QUOTE]

Hold the phone, you got them to give you a $10 credit for the CE of ME2?

[quote name='xbox_mole']Hold the phone, you got them to give you a $10 credit for the CE of ME2?[/QUOTE]
Yea, I want to know as well.

[quote name='xbox_mole']Hold the phone, you got them to give you a $10 credit for the CE of ME2?[/QUOTE]

Yup.

I was bitching (nicely) about the lack of release date delivery and suggested they where saving a few bucks (just like they did by not offering a 10 dollar credit) and they replied back with:

Hello from Amazon.com.

I understand that you're expecting this product on the release date delivery or on next business day.

I've check your order and noticed that you've selected Two-Day Shipping as the shipping method for this order and not the Release-Date Delivery option.

We only offer the Release-Date Delivery option when we know we can get the item from our suppliers in time to meet our delivery promise to you.

Since you selected the Two-Day Shipping, the estimated delivery date is January 27.

Regarding the $10 Video Games Credit:
-------------------------------------------------

Your order is eligible for this $10 Video Games Credit.

The promotional code will be placed directly into your Amazon.com account within 2 business days after the product ships.

you'll receive your promotional certificate by January 28. If you don't receive it by then, please let us know by going to the URL below:

I replied back and said something like,"I don't qualify for that credit... but I'll take it anyhow," AND, "Why have you been advertising Release Date delivery on your little pop up for Mass Effect 2 in general when you just meant for the normal addition?"

and got:
I'm sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced with your order #XXX-XXXXXXXX-XXXXX which you haven't received on release date which is January 26, 2010.

One of our aims at Amazon.com is to provide a convenient and efficient service; in this case, we haven't met that standard.

Customer feedback like yours really helps us continue to improve our store and provide better service to our customers. Thanks for taking time to offer us your thoughts.

Regrading the $10.00 promotional credit, I see that your order is not eligible for this credit. Therefore, the promotional code will not be placed directly into your Amazon.com account within 2 business days after the product ships. I'm very sorry about the incorrect information you received in our previous e-mail.

To compensate you for this inconvenience, I'd like to give you a $10.00 promotional certificate, which you can use the next time you order an item shipped and sold by Amazon.com.

You'll see your available promotional balance at checkout--this amount will be applied to your next order automatically without entering a claim code. Your promotional balance doesn't appear in Your Account but will always display when you place an order.

Honestly, people's millage does very but for the record, I'm always polite, I only complain when its legit, I compliment them when they do things right, and I'm a "full" prime member* whose spends far too much money with them. (I buy more than just video games with them.)

* My year is almost nearly up... So its not a good time to anger a customer.

Has anyone else not yet received the ME2 $10? This morning I got the email for the Inferno Armor but no money yet.

I never did receive my Tatsunoko vs. Capcom credit after being told I would have it by the end of the day yesterday at the latest. They finally just gave me a $10 refund on the order.

Credit is better than no credit, but it sure is a hassle to have to chase Amazon around to get them to honor their own promotions.

[quote name='sinkingships']When I try and change my shipping speed, it doesn't show up..[/QUOTE]
It's because Amazon has a really horrible system when tracking multiple items in the same order. The only way to get separate shipping options is by making individual orders. Otherwise, only one shipping speed is available for the entire order unless they all are eligible for release date delivery.

How's Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars? I really want it, but I know I won't have time to play it and at the same time I'm unsure if it will ever go below $37. ugh.

[quote name='Jodou']It's because Amazon has a really horrible system when tracking multiple items in the same order. The only way to get separate shipping options is by making individual orders. Otherwise, only one shipping speed is available for the entire order unless they all are eligible for release date delivery.[/QUOTE]Here's another wrinkle.

If you have an order you placed in December and one of the items doesn't ship until March, you can't leave packaging feedback on the order. It looks at the order date, not the ship date, and if the order date is older than 60 days, it won't show up in the Packaging Feedback list.

An issue I found out with an item I pre-ordered in September, it shipped in December, came screwed up in shipment and I couldn't leave packaging feedback on the order. :whistle2:s

[quote name='igotnodough']What was the lowest reported price of Bioshock 2 (PS3) ? Will they price adjust if it goes lower than it is now (54.99)?[/QUOTE]

They'll only adjust the price if it's a pre-order and the price changes. If the price changes after your game is shipped, your SOL.

[quote name='CheapyD']Star Trek Online now has a $10 credit[/QUOTE]

I know it was mentioned a while back in the thread but also know how fast this thread can move and it got buried but you can add both versions of Alan Wake as well.

I tried to find the answer in these pages, but if it's there, I missed it.

Here is my question. If I pre-order star-trek online and grab MAG - will I get both $10 credits or will I just get one? Also if I get both, are they stackable? It says limit 1 per person or something. Please advise!

[quote name='FatGamer']I tried to find the answer in these pages, but if it's there, I missed it.

Here is my question. If I pre-order star-trek online and grab MAG - will I get both $10 credits or will I just get one? Also if I get both, are they stackable? It says limit 1 per person or something. Please advise![/QUOTE]

You'll get both of the $10 credits. I forget if they stack or not, but I think not. Not too sure about that one. The 'limit 1' means you can only do it once for one game. For an example, you can't get $20 credit if you order 2 MAGs . Hope this helps !

hmmm... it doesn't display a promo on the God of War 3 page but when I go through checkout it tells me "
Congratulations. Your purchase has qualified you for a $10 Video Games promotional code. The promotion code will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account up to two (2) business days after your product ships."
Anyone else notice the same?

Anyone think Heavy Rain will get a $10 promo? They just gave us release day shipping but I really want a promo as well combined with my gold box discount.

bread's done
Back