Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ruahrc']I just received the email today with the $10 credit, looking at the wording it says it can be applied to any "Video games" item. Unfortunately the Bioshock 2 guide is listed under "books" so when I tried to add it to my cart and go through checkout (didn't actually pick one up yet) it didn't show up with any discount.

But yeah from the wording as I understand it, any item listed under the "video games" category (so including things like XBL points, gaming accessories, etc) should qualify for the discount.

Ruahrc[/QUOTE]

I was able to use gaming credit back in November on the Dragon Age Strategy Guide.

[quote name='eau']I got the BioShock 2 credit on Thursday and the email says it expires on 5/13/10. Last night I received TWO emails saying BioShock 2 credit was posted to my account and it expires 4/30/10.

I only got 1x $10 credit. But why the heck they tell me the two different expiration dates?! Which one is correct now?![/QUOTE]

same thing happened to me. i think the 4/30/10 expiration date is probably the right one since it was sent recently.

[quote name='shrike4242']I received one email about the $10 promotional credit from Bioshock 2 at 5:55PM CT. I received another email, formatted the exact same way 23 minutes later at 6:18PM CT.

I tossed something into my cart and started the checkout process. No sign of either $10 credit in the item's purchase price. So, off to email them again I go, to ask them why the two $10 credits don't work. :whistle2:s

I'll be curious to see what happens with this mess.[/QUOTE]

A $10 credit was applied to my account for Bioshock 2 order today.

[quote name='gunm']A $10 credit was applied to my account for Bioshock 2 order today.[/QUOTE]

Still random Bioshock CE people are getting the credit emails w/ no credit. Buggy "automated" system is buggy.

wow. i just now checked and realized i never received my $10 credit for mass effect 2 that i had pre ordered. i just sent them an email and i conveniently still had a screencap of the promotion so hopefully it all works out. the CAG in me is extremely disappointed that i forgot to keep track of that.

[quote name='sdornan']I wish there was a credit for Heavy Rain. Surprised it's #1 on the bestsellers list despite there not being a credit for it though.[/QUOTE]

This.

I was hoping for something; I guess they could still put one up but I'm not holding my breath.

[quote name='imfromwisconsin']This.

I was hoping for something; I guess they could still put one up but I'm not holding my breath.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it since it made it to #1 without a credit. If they added one now they would have to credit all those people that already placed an order. It's in their best interest not to add a credit.

[quote name='dino88']I doubt it since it made it to #1 without a credit. If they added one now they would have to credit all those people that already placed an order. It's in their best interest not to add a credit.[/QUOTE]

That's why I canceled my order. Since then, its shown up on my gold box 3 times. I can wait (or use my $50 worth of RZ coupons).

[quote name='Minions']Still random Bioshock CE people are getting the credit emails w/ no credit. Buggy "automated" system is buggy.[/QUOTE]
Count me in that group.

E-mailed again for dante's inferno, I think the credit from mass effect 2 screwed them up and stated I already had it. Whatever, I'm sick of e-mailing. This is just annoying.

Question, Is there some way to tell what credits i may or may not have ? I have looked around on the website but cant find anything stating what i have.. im 99% sure i used them all but still.

[quote name='Rollett']Question, Is there some way to tell what credits i may or may not have ? I have looked around on the website but cant find anything stating what i have.. im 99% sure i used them all but still.[/QUOTE]
I know one way (to check for video game credits) is to add a video game to your cart, pretend like your checking out, and then on the shipping and handling page it will list any promotional credits you have in the saved credit cards section.

[quote name='lilman']I know one way (to check for video game credits) is to add a video game to your cart, pretend like your checking out, and then on the shipping and handling page it will list any promotional credits you have in the saved credit cards section.[/QUOTE]
This is the only way I know how to check this, too. I'd love to know if there was an easier way, but I don't think there is.

OMG!! I emailed about a credit on Super Monkey Ball... and the rep emailed back that my order wasn't eligible because it didn't fall in between the dates of December 24 and February 13. I received the order on the 9th and their own offer states that all preorders will be eligible! Kinda pissed off about this one so emailing again.

[quote name='Duckman5']That's stupid, no credit for preordering the PC version of Bad Company 2? Why?![/QUOTE]

Sounds like the Steam pre-order bonus is the way to go. Too bad, too, because i have become spoiled by all the great gaming credit deals from amazon.

Anyways, great deal for people going console with this one!

i canceled and reordered BC2. i made an order last year. dont wanna get screwed over a $20 credit! :D

[quote name='LiK']i canceled and reordered BC2. i made an order last year. dont wanna get screwed over a $20 credit! :D[/QUOTE]
promotion applies to existing orders automatically!

[quote name='Jonsoncao']promotion applies to existing orders automatically![/QUOTE]

Uh...no. Sadly, Amazon has a terrible time keeping track of their promos. I have yet to receive one out of probably 10 that I have qualified for without e-mailing them at least once and usually several times. Yes, technically everyone who has already pre-ordered qualifies, but chances are there is nothing in their system to indicate it and all of us who already pre-ordered will have to call or e-mail two days after release.

Thanks OP! I am taking advantage of the 20 dollars credit for battlefield bad company dos. Plan on using the credit towards final fantasy 13 or god of war 3...cant decide though :(

Wow this credit for Bioshock 2 really wants to make me order something. Red Dead for 46.99 or Just Cause 2 for 49.99... Just don't know if I should pull the trigger, I deleted the e-mail but doesn't it last until late April?

If so I'm going to sit on it.

[quote name='bojay1997']Uh...no. Sadly, Amazon has a terrible time keeping track of their promos. I have yet to receive one out of probably 10 that I have qualified for without e-mailing them at least once and usually several times. Yes, technically everyone who has already pre-ordered qualifies, but chances are there is nothing in their system to indicate it and all of us who already pre-ordered will have to call or e-mail two days after release.[/QUOTE]

i havent had that problem...yet
i preordered tvc back in September and one day after it arrived i got the $10 promo credit that was added after i preordered

They didn't send me the $10 credit from either New Super Mario Bros Wii or AC2. Calling was a complete waste. They had absolutely no idea what I was talking about. They said I had $36 credit. But $20 was from a B80G20off promo I activated but hadn't used yet, $10 was from AC2/NSMBW, and $6 was from video on demand.

[quote name='gunm']I received my $10 GC for Dante's after a quick email request.[/QUOTE]

Apparently they believed my ME2 credit was my dante's inferno credit, and I got a no go response. Frustrating because after getting the rental early from my work, I wouldn't have bought it without that credit. I would have waited for a price drop.

yea, i reordered just to make sure that promotion credit applied. they're spotty sometimes so better safe than sorry.

This is great! I'm a total Amazon newbie, I usually buy stuff from there but have never actually pre-ordered.

But this is such a great incentive in order to order. Now if only GoW 3 Ult. Edition was still available at Amazon so I could get that $10 for that game. (I have the Ultimate Edition on my cart from back when it was $89.99 but i'm not sure if that makes me eligible to still getting, since obviously Amazon is dry out)

So I'm sorry for the nub question, but say, once I get the $20 (I'm guessing via a code right?) could I buy a physical amazon gift card with it? Or could I use that in order to apply to another pre-order which has a $10 GC with it?

I know, I know, I just read two pages from this thread. Lazy me! I just rather get a full response out of the way.

[quote name='Aenzo']This is great! I'm a total Amazon newbie, I usually buy stuff from there but have never actually pre-ordered.

But this is such a great incentive in order to order. Now if only GoW 3 Ult. Edition was still available at Amazon so I could get that $10 for that game. (I have the Ultimate Edition on my cart from back when it was $89.99 but i'm not sure if that makes me eligible to still getting, since obviously Amazon is dry out)

So I'm sorry for the nub question, but say, once I get the $20 (I'm guessing via a code right?) could I buy a physical amazon gift card with it? Or could I use that in order to apply to another pre-order which has a $10 GC with it?

I know, I know, I just read two pages from this thread. Lazy me! I just rather get a full response out of the way.[/QUOTE]
If you buy a game from amazon that comes with a promotional credit, that credit can only be used on video games (what amazon categorizes as video games, which includes things such as microsoft points cards). You wouldn't be able to use it to buy an amazon gift card.

You don't get a code for the credit... it just gets added to your account. The next time you buy something that qualifies for the credit it will be automatically applied. You also have the option to save the credit for later if you want by turning it off during checkout.

[quote name='gunm']I received my $10 GC for Dante's after a quick email request.[/QUOTE]I had to call them to get it, though it was a "general" $10 promo credit, so I can use it on anything.

Apparently, their promotions department is small and works only M-F, so they're a bit overwhelmed at times, from what the rep told me.

She also made sure to send a follow-up email to their department to figure out what the issue was, when I told her that other games that shipped around the same time (Bioshock 2) had promotional items that already went out.

She even mentioned that they might end up figuring out what the issue is, and send me the $10 promotional code I was supposed to get for Dante's Inferno anyway. :D

I just took my $20 in credit and pre-ordered Lost Planet 2 for $36.99. Then I emailed Amazon requesting they add that order to an already existing ECA order. We'll see what happens: like many, I've had success getting them to add items to existing orders but I wanted to find a way to also use my credits so I'm going to see if having them combine orders works.

Quick question about using the credit from these offers: if I use it towards a pre-order and I end up canceling the pre-order at a later date, is the credit used gone for good? Or is it returned to your account?

unfortunately, if you use a promo on an order, then cancel it, the promo dies with it. which really sucks. and yeah, the marketing and promo dept is very tiny, and gets backed up on about a 48 hour service level a lot. if you get a response you know isn't right, just write back. it will eventually get to someone who knows what they're doing.

[quote name='Moravagine']I just took my $20 in credit and pre-ordered Lost Planet 2 for $36.99. Then I emailed Amazon requesting they add that order to an already existing ECA order. We'll see what happens: like many, I've had success getting them to add items to existing orders but I wanted to find a way to also use my credits so I'm going to see if having them combine orders works.[/QUOTE]
Won't work; it's just a design flaw with how they handle orders, so it's not that they won't -- they just can't. If you're like me, these credits piss me off because adding a game to an existing order will already save me more than the credit is worth lol. I may have to just settle for buying PSN or M$ point cards and selling them off, because otherwise the credit is just wasted.

Really wish they'd just give you store credit instead of these retarded coupons with expiration dates.

[quote name='alissima']unfortunately, if you use a promo on an order, then cancel it, the promo dies with it. which really sucks. and yeah, the marketing and promo dept is very tiny, and gets backed up on about a 48 hour service level a lot. if you get a response you know isn't right, just write back. it will eventually get to someone who knows what they're doing.[/QUOTE]

Is this true? I've always got all type ofr promos back if I cancel an order they were applied to (though I've never done it with these video game credits). Hopefully the same thing applies here as it seems like I need to cancel my Lost Planet 2 order after reading Jodou's post. If they can't add it to an ECA order, I'm only saving a few bucks using the credit rather than just adding it to an ECA order without the credits and using them for something else.

[quote name='Moravagine']Is this true? I've always got all my other promos back if cancel an order they were applied to. Hopefully the same thing applies here as it seems like I need to cancel my Lost Planet 2 order after reading Jodou's post. If they can't add it to an ECA order, I'm only saving a few bucks using the credit rather than just adding it to an ECA order.[/QUOTE]
No, that's not true. It will only be lost if you cancel after the expiration date or if you return an item that shipped. Best advice is to use it on something cheap, that's only $10-20 since ECA is % based.

Couple of things for those with an ECA order and have gaming credit.

1. Email Amazon and ask them to add a game onto the order. Ask nicely and give the ASIN number in the email. Be sure to thank them as well.

2. Amazon customer service cannot directly apply gaming credit onto an order that has already had something ship out. I emailed customer service to do that and they said it's not possible in the system.

3. This is how you get around it. Lets say you have $20 in gaming credit. Email Amazon, give the order # and ask them if they can take off $20 from your order since you have $20 in gaming credit. Then ask if they can delete the $20 in gaming credit since you used it. I was able to get a customer service to rep to do this for me. They just took $10 off 2 games from my preorder. So instead of showing up $56, two of the games showed up $46.

[quote name='wildcpac']3. This is how you get around it. Lets say you have $20 in gaming credit. Email Amazon, give the order # and ask them if they can take off $20 from your order since you have $20 in gaming credit. Then ask if they can delete the $20 in gaming credit since you used it. I was able to get a customer service to rep to do this for me. They just took $10 off 2 games from my preorder. So instead of showing up $56, two of the games showed up $46.[/QUOTE]
You got lucky and had a rep who knows what they're doing. Most of the time they will just shoot you down, so YMMV.

[quote name='Jodou']No, that's not true. It will only be lost if you cancel after the expiration date or if you return an item that shipped. Best advice is to use it on something cheap, that's only $10-20 since ECA is % based.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I had planned to use it on Chronicles of Riddick since it is only $19.99. That way I'm only losing $6 of ECA discounts. But I wanted to test this combing order thing first. Thanks for your info, sounds like it is dead in the water.

[quote name='wildcpac']Couple of things for those with an ECA order and have gaming credit.

1. Email Amazon and ask them to add a game onto the order. Ask nicely and give the ASIN number in the email. Be sure to thank them as well.

2. Amazon customer service cannot directly apply gaming credit onto an order that has already had something ship out. I emailed customer service to do that and they said it's not possible in the system.

3. This is how you get around it. Lets say you have $20 in gaming credit. Email Amazon, give the order # and ask them if they can take off $20 from your order since you have $20 in gaming credit. Then ask if they can delete the $20 in gaming credit since you used it. I was able to get a customer service to rep to do this for me. They just took $10 off 2 games from my preorder. So instead of showing up $56, two of the games showed up $46.[/QUOTE]

I've done the third option with mixed results. Sometimes they will apply the credit (one time they forgot to actually remove my credit after manually subtracting $10 from a game so I got to use it twice) but other times they have denied my request. Last time I asked, they shot me down with a generic email about their promotions having specific requirements. I was testing to see if having them combine orders would work better.

[quote name='Moravagine']Is this true? I've always got all type ofr promos back if I cancel an order they were applied to (though I've never done it with these video game credits). Hopefully the same thing applies here as it seems like I need to cancel my Lost Planet 2 order after reading Jodou's post. If they can't add it to an ECA order, I'm only saving a few bucks using the credit rather than just adding it to an ECA order without the credits and using them for something else.[/QUOTE]

if you get them back, it's luck. the system gets confused when an order is canceled or returned, etc. this happens differently depending on the type of promo it is as well. there are emails pre created for making exceptions and re-issuing promos that were used on canceled orders.

[quote name='Jodou']Won't work; it's just a design flaw with how they handle orders, so it's not that they won't -- they just can't. [/quote]

Yep, I just got an email saying they consolidated the orders. However, the two $10 video game promotional credits were no longer applied. Fortunately they are back in my cart.

[quote name='wildcpac']3. This is how you get around it. Lets say you have $20 in gaming credit. Email Amazon, give the order # and ask them if they can take off $20 from your order since you have $20 in gaming credit. Then ask if they can delete the $20 in gaming credit since you used it. I was able to get a customer service to rep to do this for me. They just took $10 off 2 games from my preorder. So instead of showing up $56, two of the games showed up $46.[/QUOTE]
What happens if Amazon lowers the price of the games in your preorder? I think you would be SOL.

[quote name='eau']What happens if Amazon lowers the price of the games in your preorder? I think you would be SOL.[/QUOTE]

Not worried about that. out of the all of the games I have ever pre ordered, only 1 has ever been lowered in price after pre ordering it. That was lowered like 1 dollar.

Sorry if this has already been answered, but is the promotion supposed to be reflected on the invoice? Here's what I'm talking about:

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Shipping Preference:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Group my items into as few shipments as possible[/SIZE][/FONT]
Subtotal of Items: $56.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
------
Total for this Order:
$56.99

In the past, it usually said Promotion Applied: -$0.00, so I'm just wondering if they no longer include that bit. Thanks.

bread's done
Back