Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Duncanzits']no shipping on preorders walmart.com dunno how many times it's been said.[/QUOTE]
I've never seen this said before. If I add to my cart on Walmart.com, I get estimated shipping of $2.47. When I go to check out, there are no free shipping options. So...
what-choo-talkin-bout-willis.jpg

[quote name='lucian']i've never seen this said before. If i add to my cart on walmart.com, i get estimated shipping of $2.47. When i go to check out, there are no free shipping options. So...[/quote]

+1

So when Amazon says my 10$ credit has to be used by 2/28/2010, does that mean by 11:59PM on 2/27/2010 or can I still apply the credit today, on the 28th?

[quote name='Lucian']I've never seen this said before. If I add to my cart on Walmart.com, I get estimated shipping of $2.47. When I go to check out, there are no free shipping options. So...
what-choo-talkin-bout-willis.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I believe site to store is free... but not always. Wal-Mart Online is very much like Wal-Mart's Electronic Department... A crapshoot.

[quote name='sthaznpride17']So when Amazon says my 10$ credit has to be used by 2/28/2010, does that mean by 11:59PM on 2/27/2010 or can I still apply the credit today, on the 28th?[/QUOTE]

Find out by checking out with a game.

[quote name='sthaznpride17']So when Amazon says my 10$ credit has to be used by 2/28/2010, does that mean by 11:59PM on 2/27/2010 or can I still apply the credit today, on the 28th?[/QUOTE]

Still works today... now what to get....

a heads up on just cause2: yes they raised the price to 59.99,but now have a 15 dollar credit with it.

thats better than the 56.99 they had it at,assuming you will buy stuff in the future from amazon of
course.

i got my preoreder in at the 56.99 price and they say that they will also give the 15 credit with all

preorders,so we'll see if i lucked out and get the best of both worlds.

Anyone know if you can email Amazon to switch one game in a multiple item pre-order to free release date delivery if you are a Prime subscriber? When I try to change it myself, the option is never available although it is supposed to be as I have Prime.

Last edited by a moderator:
In for Battlefield. Was gonna pass until I saw the $20 credit, and you know if it sucks I can just trade it in to Gamestop for 50% extra. I'm sure that will make up the difference.

Me thinks I'll put down my pre-order for Splinter Cell since it's still at 51.xx.

I'm so excited for Bad Company 2! Two days!

[quote name='Enfuze']Me thinks I'll put down my pre-order for Splinter Cell since it's still at 51.xx.

I'm so excited for Bad Company 2! Two days![/QUOTE]

Although I overall recommend going to Amazon for all your gaming needs , I believe walmart currently has it @ 54.00 with a free egiftcard . But I am not completely sure :D

[quote name='Moravagine']Anyone know if you can email Amazon to switch one game in a multiple item pre-order to free release date delivery if you are a Prime subscriber? When I try to change it myself, the option is never available although it is supposed to be as I have Prime.[/QUOTE]

I asked them to do that once for assassins creed 2 and they were unable to do it because it was part of a multiple item order. The only way you can get release date delivery is if you cancel the item and order it again.

[quote name='Stu_sjb137']Awesome, picked up BF:BC2 with the $20 credit. How long after it ships, does the credit typically appear?[/QUOTE]

I decided to spring for BF:BC2 as well... "The promotional code will be placed directly into your Amazon.com account within 2 business days after the product ships."

Well I finally bit on BC2, unfortunately making my decision on the 360 version. Why? Because my graphics card fan decided to stop working over night, can't even play Bioshock 2 anymore without the fan sounding like its going to burst into flames over a bad bearing. Hopefully XFX will fix it, got my laptop until then. With my luck, my 360 will RROD before it gets here though.

I definitely cannot afford a new graphics card and the game, especially after ponying-up for Friday and Sunday PAX tickets.

[quote name='The_Cang']I decided to spring for BF:BC2 as well... "The promotional code will be placed directly into your Amazon.com account within 2 business days after the product ships."[/QUOTE]

Sweet, thanks. Totally missed it on the page. Probably gonna roll it over into GoW3 and keep the credit train going.

I picked up BF:BC2 for the PS3, but nothing showed up on my check-out page about the $20 credit like it did when I ordered Final Fantasy. I know it's not being put into my account until two days after shipping out, but doesn't it still tell you, you got the promotional credit on the page when your order?

Hey I have god of war ultiamte edition preordered and I want the $20 gaming credit to go towards my preorder how do I do it without cancelling and reordering because it is OOS and its going for over $250 on amazon ??

On this bad company 2 credit and all amazon credit, can they be used for only buying it from amazon or any copy available from all sellers ( new/not amazon, used/not amazon ) i'm pretty new to amazons credits and couldnt find a answer with them even, thanks for any help, it is much appreciated

[quote name='horns456']Any word on the shipping. I thought for sure that the game would be out to me by now, but I haven't received confirmation.[/QUOTE]Mine with release date shipping apparently just shipped.

So, the credit should get deposited in my account by end of the day Wednesday.

[quote name='horns456']Any word on the shipping. I thought for sure that the game would be out to me by now, but I haven't received confirmation.[/QUOTE]

my order is "shipping soon"

[quote name='blackwaltz34']my order is "shipping soon"[/QUOTE]

That is exactly what mine says. I guess it depends on where you live.

[quote name='bigsexydh']On this bad company 2 credit and all amazon credit, can they be used for only buying it from amazon or any copy available from all sellers ( new/not amazon, used/not amazon ) i'm pretty new to amazons credits and couldnt find a answer with them even, thanks for any help, it is much appreciated[/QUOTE]

It has to be shipped and sold by Amazon to get the credit.

[quote name='maxim2boobles']Amazon Code for $5 off from Split Second : 5OFFSSEC

use it by Mar 31[/QUOTE]
I got this messagae: We're sorry, but the promotional code you entered cannot be applied to this purchase. Please refer to your promotional coupon for information about item or store restrictions.

[quote name='SirMikael']I got this messagae: We're sorry, but the promotional code you entered cannot be applied to this purchase. Please refer to your promotional coupon for information about item or store restrictions.[/QUOTE]

Most likely because of the 20$ GC attached to this pre-order.

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']Hey I have god of war ultiamte edition preordered and I want the $20 gaming credit to go towards my preorder how do I do it without cancelling and reordering because it is OOS and its going for over $250 on amazon ??[/QUOTE]

I just did this for one of my orders. Change Payment Method> Accept > Apply Balance when prompted.

[quote name='horns456']That is exactly what mine says. I guess it depends on where you live.[/QUOTE]

Mine is still "shipping soon" as well

[quote name='helmet']I just did this for one of my orders. Change Payment Method> Accept > Apply Balance when prompted.[/QUOTE]

Holy Crap HELMET you da :bomb: THNX

This is my first preorder with Amazon. I usually buy at stores or wait until there is a deal. If this delivery arrives tomorrow, I'll make all my future preorders through Amazon. If it doesn't arrive tomorrow I likely won't again.

I am an impatient SOB, and watching friends play online kills me even if it is for a day /rant]

If you do release day shipping Horns456, It will arrive tomorrow... mine normally gets to my house around 10am (i do live in the bustling hippie city of Eugene though) I dont know if living outside a major population area would effect it.

[quote name='helmet']I just did this for one of my orders. Change Payment Method> Accept > Apply Balance when prompted.[/QUOTE]
Wait, you're not talking about the future gaming credits from pre-orders, are you?

[quote name='Jodou']Wait, you're not talking about the future gaming credits from pre-orders, are you?[/QUOTE]

I think I am.

Today I canceled my pre-order for Super Street Fighter IV (since I got more credit for my MW2 + SFIV trade in at Gamestop after NY tax at Amazon) which I already had $17 in credit from some promotion or another. I then applied the credit from my SSFIV pre-order to my Final Fantasy XIII pre-order using the previously mentioned process.

After changing my payment method (just reselecting my current credit card) and applying the change, a second page was opened asking if I wanted to apply my current credit balance to this order.

Luckily the credit hadn't expired, because I didn't check before doing it.

[quote name='horns456']This is my first preorder with Amazon. I usually buy at stores or wait until there is a deal. If this delivery arrives tomorrow, I'll make all my future preorders through Amazon. If it doesn't arrive tomorrow I likely won't again.

I am an impatient SOB, and watching friends play online kills me even if it is for a day /rant][/QUOTE]

well it looks like you will be going to Amazon for all your gaming needs for the years to come :D

The register wont let the sale go through. that how Target works, they have put games out on the floor many times before, but the computer knows not to let the sale go through if its before street date.

Any guess at how long they hold the $20 credit on BFBC2 for? I have a trade in that was delivered to amazon today. But still waiting on my GC to be deposited. Want to use it on this.

[quote name='not2worried']Any guess at how long they hold the $20 credit on BFBC2 for? I have a trade in that was delivered to amazon today. But still waiting on my GC to be deposited. Want to use it on this.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to guess it will be available until tonight at 11:59:59 PM PST, since it explicitly states that it is a pre-order bonus.

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']well it looks like you will be going to Amazon for all your gaming needs for the years to come :D[/QUOTE]

I hope so, been a Prime member for 2 years now. I order almost everything through them.

The status on my BF is also "shipping soon". I wouldn't be too worried about not getting the package tomorrow if you got release day delivery. And as far as how early the item will get to you, I believe it all depends on the carrier for that day. I usually get mine fairly late in the day when I'm away at school, but at home packages arrive really early in the morning. But come on....you know waiting in anticipation for that package during the day is half the fun of the whole experience, so you don't want it to come TOO early lol.

bread's done
Back