Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shrike4242']Yes, and it's notification that they've put the credit in your account. There's no code that they send with it.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha, thanks.

[quote name='Moravagine']Yeah, I always take a screen shot of the promotional credit offer for any game I have ordered. I was wondering if I was totally neurotic for doing so but apparently not. I can't see how they can refuse anyone the $20 credit if they have clear proof it said it would be extended to all orders.

The way they handle these credits is a pain. I wish they would just give regular credit or a gift card by an Amazon code instead.[/QUOTE]After some of the crap they've pulled on promotions in the past (Tekken 6 pre-order costumes, I'm looking at you), I've been PDF printing the product pages for a while yet.

I'm hoping the delay on mine is to fix it so that I get $20 and won't have fight for the missing $10.

Just got an email saying I have $20 in promo credit. I placed my order in the Fall of last year. I never made any calls/sent any emails checking on this promo, so hope is still out there folks.

I just received the email saying that I got another $20 credit for buying BFBC2
which makes the total bonus credit $30?!(along with the first $10 this morning they sent me)

just got my email, i preordered right after the promo went up to $20.

Dear Amazon.com Customer, Thank you for purchasing Battlefield: Bad Company 2 from Amazon.com. It is our pleasure to let you know that you have earned $20 toward the purchase of any video game product shipped and sold by Amazon.com until 04/30/2010. To redeem your reward, simply visit http://www.amazon.com/games, add a video game item to your shopping cart, and the discount will be automatically applied.

[quote name='Jonsoncao']I just received the email saying that I got another $20 credit for buying BFBC2
which makes the total bonus credit $30?!(along with the first $10 this morning they sent me)

Just got my email stating the $20 promotional credit has been placed into my account. I ordered back on October 1st when the price was $56.99 with ECA so this was a pretty sweet deal.

Hopefully you guys who were erroneously given only $10 will just receive a new email giving you an added $20 so you will actually benefit from the inconvenience. Often, when Amazon screws up it is to the benefit of the customer. I've got credit twice in the past.

[quote name='Xealot42']Same here. I didn't get a response to my CS email but I did get an email for $20 credit. I just tested it out by putting Demon's Souls in my cart and it was applying the $10 credit and the $20 credit.

Hopefully the CS rep doesn't notice that I got too much credit. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I thought that might happen. Amazon seems to over refund people frequently in situations like this.

Just got my $20 credit. Going to preorder FFXIII, then use that $10 credit towards GoW3. And then use that $10 credit for who knows what.

Instead of getting 60$ for just GoW3 (the only game out of those I would have normally bought at launch for full price) they're getting probably over $150 from me.

Well played Amazon. Well played.

Be sure to check your GC email from amazon.

I just got an email for BC2 for the GC, but it was only for $10. I sent them a follow up email and they just credited me the full $20 GC.

[quote name='horns456']The credit is a great idea for Amazon. I am already spending it on another game that I had no intentions of purchasing.[/QUOTE]

I hear that, I wouldn't have bought Bad Company 2 now if it wasn't for the 20 dollar credit.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Just got my $20 credit. Red Dead Redemption for me :)[/QUOTE]

That will be what my Just Cause 2 credit will go for, again another game I wouldn't have purchased day one but am now because of 15 dollar credit lol

Using my credit towards Splinter Cell which is already reduced to 51.99. 31.99 for a brand new game? Thanks Amazon!

Also, I had no intention of getting BFBC2 but the $20 credit sold me!

[quote name='namehater']im thinking red dead as well, gotta do some research on it first tho. i have heard nothing about the game[/QUOTE]

It looks great, check out some of the videos over at gametrailers.

[quote name='FrankySox']Is there anyway to use the $20 on a game that has already been pre-ordered?[/QUOTE]

I think i read a few pages back you have to email them about it, some have had luck with them getting it adding but others haven't. I suppose if they dont let you add it you could always cancel and reorder.

[quote name='FrankySox']Is there anyway to use the $20 on a game that has already been pre-ordered?[/QUOTE]

Ive emailed CS and requested that my credit be placed to an existing order a few times, with out a hitch.

Im going to ask the same again right now, to place my $20 on my existing GOWIII collectors edition.

[quote name='Viol8tor']Ive emailed CS and requested that my credit be placed to an existing order a few times, with out a hitch.

Im going to ask the same again right now, to place my $20 on my existing GOWIII collectors edition.[/QUOTE]
Do they simply reduce the price of your item by the same amount as the credit? I don't think they have the ability to actually apply the credit to an existing order.

[quote name='eau']Do they simply reduce the price of your item by the same amount as the credit? I don't think they have the ability to actually apply the credit to an existing order.[/QUOTE]

Yeah they do. I applied both my $10 credit from both MAG and Tatsunoko to my pre-order for Dantes Inferno and it shows up like this:

Gift Certificate/Card Amount: $10.00
Gift Certificate/Card Amount: $10.00

Ive had it done successfully to about 3 pre-orders. Just simply email and state that you have accumulated $X.XX of video game credit and would like to place it on an existing order (Order #).

Or like others have stated, simply cancel your current order and order again with the new credit showing up at check out. Will take you about 2 minutes to do so.

Since the GOWIII LE is currently out of stock, i have no option but to email them to apply to my current order.

Well back from class guys and I couldn't be happier. Called up a customer service and instead of granting me an extra $10 credit, they gave me an additional $20 credit which ended up being $30 all together. Gotta love amazon.

I ordered both versions of Bad Company 2, for Ps3 and Xbox 360, and I only receive $20 of credit, when I think I'm receiving $20 for each one. Send a message to amazon and see what's happen.

[quote name='Jonsoncao']I just received the email saying that I got another $20 credit for buying BFBC2

I got the two separate e-mails with a total of $30 as well. My guess is it has something to do with those of us who preordered while the bonus was at $10, before it went to $20. Picked up MLB 10 The Show for $26.99. No complaints here! My love for Amazon grows more and more each day :)

[quote name='pugs1208']I got the two separate e-mails with a total of $30 as well. My guess is it has something to do with those of us who preordered while the bonus was at $10, before it went to $20. Picked up MLB 10 The Show for $26.99. No complaints here! My love for Amazon grows more and more each day :)[/QUOTE]

I would of thought the same, Except I didn't order until it was at 20$..

Oh well, can't complain about an extra 10$...:lol:

[quote name='miguel2003']I ordered both versions of Bad Company 2, for Ps3 and Xbox 360, and I only receive $20 of credit, when I think I'm receiving $20 for each one. Send a message to amazon and see what's happen.[/QUOTE]

Let me know what happens, yeah? The credit is still showing up on page, except now it says order it and get $20 instead of preorder it and get $20. I already picked up a PS3 version, but I wouldn't mind picking up an Xbox 360 version for a friend since it'll be his birthday soon. And then I'll spend $40 ($20 from PS3, $20 from Xbox 360) credit on Pokemon.

I emailed to see if I could get my $20 credit applied to my GOW III pre-order but got shot down. Other users have had success tho (as stated earlier). Fortunately, GOW III is still at $56.99, so I just canceled and re-ordered.

[quote name='msriflegirl']I emailed to see if I could get my $20 credit applied to my GOW III pre-order but got shot down. Other users have had success tho (as stated earlier). Fortunately, GOW III is still at $56.99, so I just canceled and re-ordered.[/QUOTE]

Looks like that's what I'm going to end up doing with Final Fantasy, then I'll probably have to do the same thing when I want to use FF's promo money on GoW3.

[quote name='primalcarnage']I would of thought the same, Except I didn't order until it was at 20$..

Oh well, can't complain about an extra 10$...:lol:[/QUOTE]

so what are you trying to say? ;)

I got Battlefield BC2 with Release day delivery and it didn't get to me today, anyone else in the New York area?

I wanna shoot tings.....:cry:

[quote name='USB Cable']I got Battlefield BC2 with Release day delivery and it didn't get to me today, anyone else in the New York area?

I wanna shoot tings.....:cry:[/QUOTE]

Email Amazon and complain, sometimes they refund you a few bucks for the shipping, since they in turn get refunded from UPS from missing the deadline.

I was planning on canceling my BFBC2 preorder but I just got the promo credit email. Does this mean that I get to keep the credit if I do end up canceling my order? The order status is still listed as not shipped with and estimate shipping of March 8.

also what's the difference between the LE and regular editions besides some weapons that are unlocked later on?

Is this normal?:

Possible delay in delivery due to extra carrier processing

My first time ordering with release date delivery so I was wondering if this was normal for pre-orders. I really want to play tonight!

[quote name='Enfuze']Is this normal?:

Possible delay in delivery due to extra carrier processing

My first time ordering with release date delivery so I was wondering if this was normal for pre-orders. I really want to play tonight![/QUOTE]

it is not generally normal..although it is normal for amazon to refund you $5-10 if you dont get it on release day and you email them and tell them how upset you are (in a sad way, not necessarily angry)

bread's done
Back