Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LancerEvoX']I went with free shipping. I'm hopping USPS is only lagging on the tracking site, but my product has only been updated once, that it arrived at the Phoenix, Arizona USPS. I remember one time I ordered something and my status said it didn't receive anything until the day it arrived and USPS magically put the entire tracking history up.[/QUOTE]

I ordered BFBC2 with free shipping. It updated as shipped Monday evening with expected delivery 3/8. I checked the tracking on Tuesday and it had not updated. Yesterday the game showed up. Gotta love FSSS that shows up the day after release! :D

I had the best experience ordering this game from Amazon. I used SuperSaver Shipping, Amazon estimated delivery by 3/5 & that was about what I expected. I got home yesterday to find the game had already been delivered by A1 International.

& for some reason I got $30 promotional credit towards my next game purcahse. I preordered the game about a month ago when the promo was $10. The $20 email came through on Tuesday, then unexpectedly I get another email today for a $10 promotion. :D I checked my Amazon account and the $30 credit is there. Now I have to decide what to put it towards before April 30th.

[quote name='miguel2003']very disappointed with Amazon, I pre-ordered Bad Company 2 for Ps3 and Xbox 360, and I'm thinkg to receive $20 for the Xbox and $20 for de Ps3, and they told me that I qualify just for $20.... very disappointed....[/QUOTE]
That sucks. I was tempted to order both versions but luckily held back.

[quote name='Jodou']ECA4LyfE![/QUOTE]

I plan to keep my orders open long after I have shuffled off this mortal coil. My children will fight for the rights to them after my death.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']I ordered BFBC2 with free shipping. It updated as shipped Monday evening with expected delivery 3/8. I checked the tracking on Tuesday and it had not updated. Yesterday the game showed up. Gotta love FSSS that shows up the day after release! :D[/QUOTE]
That brightens up my expectation on getting it tomorrow, at least. Mine said it shipped on Monday, updated yesterday, mail ran so it's not today, so maybe mine will pop in tomorrow...

[quote name='Moravagine']I plan to keep my orders open long after I have shuffled off this mortal coil. My childlen will fight for the rights to them after my death.[/QUOTE]

you could probably keep it open forever if amazon had duke nukem forever on their system

What is everyone's thought on Amazon buping up the FFXIII credit to $20. I really want the game, but im concerned that im so damn hooked on MW2 right now and would need to make some time for either or. However, with a $20 offer, I would jump on it without thinking twice. Otherwise, I may just wait till a promotion where it drops to $45 or lower.

[quote name='suture']Now I just need to figure out what game to spend my $20 credit on.[/QUOTE]

I just used mine on the 12-month Xbox Live for $34.99 sale, I needed to re-up and after applying the $20 credit, it only cost me $14.99 for another year.

[quote name='xscorpionx']What is everyone's thought on Amazon buping up the FFXIII credit to $20.[/QUOTE]

Not going to happen.

[quote name='RedGamer']The only reason Amazon would bump it up to $20 would be to match Walmart.

Even Walmart won't give a $20 e-giftcard for it.[/QUOTE]
I hope they match TRU for GoW 3. Talk about a sweet deal then.

[quote name='Jodou']ECA4LyfE![/QUOTE]
I stick by my sig...

People who still have ECA codes are why we can't have nice things... :shame:

[quote name='Xerxes']People who still have ECA codes are why we can't have nice things... :shame:[/QUOTE]

No one still has active codes, they were all deactivated/expired back around October of last year. Some of us still have open orders with ECA codes attached as we pre-ordered games last year that still have not shipped.

[quote name='USPS']Your item arrived at a shipping partner facility at 4:42 PM on March 1, 2010 in PHOENIX, AZ 85043. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:

Electronic Shipping Info Received, March 04, 2010
Arrived Shipping Partner Facility, March 01, 2010, 4:42 pm, PHOENIX, AZ 85043[/quote]

Gotta love USPS and their tracking.

I'm very tempted on using the $20 credit towards Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker or Resonance of Fate.

For these credits, can you use part of it on one purchase and the remainder on your next purchase? Does Amazon keep track of your unused credits or do you lose them since it may be one time use? I would like to know for example on BFBC2 $20 credit. Thanks.

[quote name='Rising']For these credits, can you use part of it on one purchase and the remainder on your next purchase? Does Amazon keep track of your unused credits or do you lose them since it may be one time use? I would like to know for example on BFBC2 $20 credit. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Not positive but I think they're one time use. So make sure to get something that you'll use the entire credit on.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Not positive but I think they're one time use. So make sure to get something that you'll use the entire credit on.[/QUOTE]

I accidentally use part of my Bioshock 2 $10 credit and I noticed the remaining credit is still there. I looked at the terms and conditions for BFBC2 $20, and I don't see anything mentioning it must be one time use. If these credits are indeed one time use, I need to start using these credits before it gets too high especially when it seems like there is a credit coming in each week.

I got my credit for Bad Company 2 insanely quick this time... Now if the game would get here. (The scary thing is I'm a prime member.)

For giggles here's the path my game has taken to get to me. (Note: I live in Kansas City Mo)
March 5, 2010 08:04:00 AM Kansas City KS US Arrival Scan
March 5, 2010 06:30:00 AM Kansas City KS US Out for delivery
March 5, 2010 12:22:00 AM Kansas City KS US Arrival Scan
March 4, 2010 11:53:00 PM Lenee KS US Departure Scan
March 4, 2010 09:31:00 PM Lenexa KS US Arrival Scan
March 4, 2010 04:14:00 PM Kansas City KS US Departure Scan
March 4, 2010 08:36:00 AM Kansas City KS US Arrival Scan
March 3, 2010 11:54:00 PM Dallas TX US Departure Scan
March 3, 2010 09:40:00 PM Dallas TX US Arrival Scan
March 3, 2010 06:10:00 PM Dallas TX US Shipment received by carrier
March 1, 2010 12:06:45 PM Coffeyville KS US Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit

It started in Kansas... Took the scenic route via Texas... Then to Kansas City (where I live, basically) only to take a detour out to Lexeme... AND then come back to Kansas City.

Hopefully, I get it in a day.

And yes, they gave me a 4 dollar credit for the shipping fiasco.

[quote name='Moravagine']No one still has active codes, they were all deactivated/expired back around October of last year. Some of us still have open orders with ECA codes attached as we pre-ordered games last year that still have not shipped.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm... With that, now I'm just jealous. :cry:

Used my $20 Battlefield promo towards Splinter Cell Convition $51.99 w/free Prime release date delivery. So nice!

I can't decide what to use mine on. GoW III? I don't really want it now but I get the bonus skin, $10 credit, and I don't see it being less than $40 for awhile (I bought GoWI for $38 on eBay the week before it became a GH). RE5 Gold? I have that pre-ordered from GoGamer for $35.50 but I'd get the Amazon one faster and could trade/sell it here. Unfortunately I can't add it to my Soul Silver preorder and can't even cancel/re-order since the figurine version is OOS.

[quote name='icedrake523']Unfortunately I can't add it to my Soul Silver preorder and can't even cancel/re-order since the figurine version is OOS.[/QUOTE]email them. I bet since it cannot be canceled they'll add it. I've had luck in that in the past. Just be polite and explain why you need their help.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']email them. I bet since it cannot be canceled they'll add it. I've had luck in that in the past. Just be polite and explain why you need their help.[/QUOTE]

yeah or call them. i had a preorder for mass effect 2 before it came out, and i had them add both pokemon games to it with no problem (well i had one person tell me he couldn't do that and it was against amazons protocol..but then i called again later and someone else did it no problem). after ME2 shipped, i called and had them add halo: reach to that same order too.

the only thing is, if you want release date delivery you should set your order to that before adding any other games to it, since you won't be able to change it to RDD when there's multiple games. although since you have SS preordered i don't think it lets you choose RDD.

I just checked my order and forgot I added a GC to that. I'm paying $16 OOP for the guide and game so I wouldn't get to use all of my $20 credit. I'll just get GoW III. If I feel like getting rid of it later on, it will retain it's value.

After trying the Just Cause 2 demo, I just HAD to get this game. With my $20 credit from BC2 toward JS2 and then another $15 credit after that - this seems like a no-brainer for me. The demo was incredible on all fronts.

just checking real quick, once upon a time 3D Dot Heroes was giving $10 credit too, right? I coulda sworn that was being offered when I preordered mine....

[quote name='DesertLeo']just checking real quick, once upon a time 3D Dot Heroes was giving $10 credit too, right? I coulda sworn that was being offered when I preordered mine....[/QUOTE]

Nope don't think so.

I'm also thinking about using my credit on Just Cause 2. Haven't had time to try the demo yet but it looks like some good fun.

BC2 credit used to get FFXIII. Will likely use that credit to get Mafia 2... Wonder what I'll use that credit for? Oh what a vicious cycle... :D

I shouldn't have cheapened out and got free shipper saving for BC2. I've been hyping that game nonstop to my friends. They got their games early and I'm still waiting on mine. : (

[quote name='Lock1454']BC2 credit used to get FFXIII. Will likely use that credit to get Mafia 2... Wonder what I'll use that credit for? Oh what a vicious cycle... :D[/QUOTE]
yes very addicting. especially with several good games on the way.

Be careful on this deal...fine print states orders bought and shipped from Amazon.com...currently Bad Co2 is shipping from Buy.com therefore no $20 coupon..made the mistake myself and trying to cancel is a real pain. Just an FYI for others trying to decide.

Has anyone pre-ordered Just Cause 2, and if so, do you know how long the $15 credit is good for? Since Amazon charges tax, NewEgg is only $6 more without having to deal with a credit, and I'm debating which way to go.

Thanks,
Endaar

[quote name='jedeyeben']Dumb question, so where does it show your $20 credit on your amazon account?[/QUOTE]

It doesn't. You should've gotten an email from amazon talking about the credidt. It automatically applies the next time you goto checkout on a qualifying videogame purchase. The coupon for BC2 expires on 4/30/2010.

[quote name='zippyzip']Still showing as from and sold from Buy.com...this is the Xbox 360 version if that makes a difference?

and here is the url:
http://www.amazon.com/Battlefield-B..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1267903580&sr=8-1[/QUOTE]

I checked cause I was curious, and the 360 version says "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com." for me. Perhaps when Amazon runs out of its stock, it fulfills the order through Buy.com...and when they replenish stock, they offer it from their reserves. Either way, make sure Amazon is providing your copy to ensure you get the $20 credit.

Does anyone know if Amazon places things in your Gold Box if you already have them pre ordered? I am trying to pre order everything I am interested in so that it ships with my Amazon Prime, which expires in May. But I am wondering if I am missing out an the chance for Amazon to drop them in my Gold Box.

[quote name='LancerEvoX']It doesn't. You should've gotten an email from amazon talking about the credidt. It automatically applies the next time you goto checkout on a qualifying videogame purchase. The coupon for BC2 expires on 4/30/2010.[/QUOTE]

Do you happen to know if you can move the credit to an already placed order? I'd just cancel and re-order but it's sold out on Amazon.

[quote name='leeloo1977']Does anyone know if Amazon places things in your Gold Box if you already have them pre ordered? I am trying to pre order everything I am interested in so that it ships with my Amazon Prime, which expires in May. But I am wondering if I am missing out an the chance for Amazon to drop them in my Gold Box.[/QUOTE]

I'm kind of confused by how the Gold Box works. I never seem to get video game deals in my Gold Box. It's always computer equipment or home theatre stuff. Is there a setting for this in account management somewhere?

[quote name='msriflegirl']I checked cause I was curious, and the 360 version says "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com." for me. Perhaps when Amazon runs out of its stock, it fulfills the order through Buy.com...and when they replenish stock, they offer it from their reserves. Either way, make sure Amazon is providing your copy to ensure you get the $20 credit.[/QUOTE]

Strange indeed...ohh well just make sure you check when you buy because cancelling unless done in the first 30 minutes is a real witch...wish I could have gotten the gift card too as I was thinking about Metro 2033 and Amazon wasn't budging if not purchased through them..

bread's done
Back