Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mdmola']Do you guys think that Amazon will sell FF13 for $40 a month from now? I mean they sold MW2 for $40 and that's a popular game too. If Amazon does that, I could use my $10 credit from GoWIII towards Ff13 and get that for $30.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I suspect both those games will be a deal of the day for under 40 bucks at some point in a month or two.

Nothing is really holding its value due to the economy. Mass Effect 2 was a deal of the day for 39.99 and it certainly has more replayability than GoW III or FFXIII.

[quote name='shrike4242']Same here. I'm waiting until the end of the day tomorrow, and if nothing by then, I'm emailing them to ask them WTF.[/QUOTE]
I'm still waiting on mine too. I emailed customer service this morning just to ask for an ETA, and was told to wait until tomorrow.

I just preordered Splinter Cell Conviction for $51.99. Hopefully some credit gets added later.

Still waiting on my FFXIII credit as well. I dread having to contact amazon customer service to get my $10, since i've had to do it for the last 3-4 games i've gotten from them.

When its closer to the release of Splinter Cell Conviction will they raise its price up to 59.99?

I know this is more of an amazon question and not a credit question.

[quote name='mitnosi']When its closer to the release of Splinter Cell Conviction will they raise its price up to 59.99?

I know this is more of an amazon question and not a credit question.[/QUOTE]

It's been known to happen (the most recent example being SupCom2, which was 39.99 for a loooong while, then a few weeks prior to release jumped up to 49.99). Your best option to preorder now. You'll receive the lowest price the product ever gets to from now until the release date. A few days before release if the price you're getting isn't what you want, cancel it, Amazon doesn't charge until your order has been sent to the warehouse for processing.

Here's a question to anyone who has been ordering games off amazon longer than me: prior to the influx of ECA members last year, did amazon regularly have many price drops(54-57) on games as well as a very long list of games that came with credit after shipping? Just wondering if that was their own way of continuing to entice people to order without having to go through a third party. Plus credit is always better than pure money off for a retailer, you'll have to go back.

[quote name='Vortextk']Here's a question to anyone who has been ordering games off amazon longer than me: prior to the influx of ECA members last year, did amazon regularly have many price drops(54-57) on games as well as a very long list of games that came with credit after shipping? Just wondering if that was their own way of continuing to entice people to order without having to go through a third party. Plus credit is always better than pure money off for a retailer, you'll have to go back.[/QUOTE]

i dont remember them having a lot of promo credit offers before eca. i think they had decent amount of items that were slightly less than msrp.

and on a side note, my tracking info has been the same thing for the past day.

=(

and i havent received my ff13 promo credit...i usually get them right away

[quote name='blackwaltz34']i dont remember them having a lot of promo credit offers before eca. i think they had decent amount of items that were slightly less than msrp.

and on a side note, my tracking info has been the same thing for the past day.

=(

and i havent received my ff13 promo credit...i usually get them right away[/QUOTE]

Sounds like not many people have gotten their credit, if anyone has. I'm e-mailing after I get up tomorrow if it's not there.

Hmm to preorder split second or alan wake with my $20 promo credit. I'm thinking split second since I'll get more replay out of it. Alan Wake is probably a better rental.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']Hmm to preorder split second or alan wake with my $20 promo credit. I'm thinking split second since I'll get more replay out of it. Alan Wake is probably a better rental.[/QUOTE]

agreed !!

I remember last week there was someone who posted a link that went to amazon that showed all the games they currently had w/gaming credit . It was on cheapassgamer it was actually the amazon website . Does anyone know what it is ?

*sigh* No FFXIII credit either. As many of you, sent off my e-mail this morning. Amazon needs to get their act together on these things.

Fired off an email to Amazon. Maybe I just had good luck before but I never had problems receiving these credits in the past despite ordering a ton of qualifying games. Now for the last couple of months I have ended up needing to email Amazon about every other one.

i havent received my credit either and im starting to think my copy of ff13 got lost in the mail. its been about two days now and the tracking info hasnt updated. i know it sounds like jumping the gun, but its odd that the game isnt even in california yet (it shipped from Phoenix, AZ and im in San Diego, CA right now).

i guess i'll wait til saturday before i send them an email

I just got a response from Amazon stating the $10 credit for FFXIII was already credited to my account. I just checked and it is indeed there when I add a qualifying game to my cart. Oddly, I never received an email this time (I even checked my inbox/trash to make sure I hadn't missed it).

[quote name='Moravagine']I just got a response from Amazon stating the $10 credit for FFXIII was already credited to my account. I just checked and it is indeed there when I add a qualifying game to my cart. Oddly, I never received an email this time (I even checked my inbox/trash to make sure I hadn't missed it).[/QUOTE]Mine's still not been deposited.

I emailed them yesterday, no response. I just emailed them again and will wait and see what happens.

[quote name='shrike4242']Mine's still not been deposited.

I emailed them yesterday, no response. I just emailed them again and will wait and see what happens.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was surprised to get a response back in a few hours. Usually it takes Amazon an inordinate amount of time IF the question is about one of these rebates. If it is about something like adding items to an order, I always get a response in an hour or two.

I thought the CS response was BS but just ordered something with the $10 promo credit although I never received an email stating it had been credited to my account. Maybe I'll luck out and get it twice? Of course I hope everyone gets at least one before they start accidentally double crediting.

[quote name='Moravagine']Yeah, I was surprised to get a response back in a few hours. Usually it takes Amazon an inordinate amount of time IF the question is about one of these rebates. If it is about something like adding items to an order, I always get a response in an hour or two.

I thought the CS response was BS but just ordered something with the $10 promo credit although I never received an email stating it had been credited to my account. Maybe I'll luck out and get it twice? Of course I hope everyone gets at least one before they start accidentally double crediting.[/QUOTE]I received back a response a few minutes ago, and they responded to my email from yesterday. :whistle2:s

They deposited a $10 general certificate into my account, so there's a chance the promotions department may get around to fixing it and dropping another one into there, though it's rare that it happens.

I checked and it's there, and I know it's a different one than the general credit, since it's showing up on anything I order, not just video games.

I received a reply from my e-mail this morning with the $10 credit. Every time I've had to do this over the last few months I've always added something to the effect of "please check with your promotions team about their implementation of these coupons, as this is not the first time I have not received my credit in a timely manner"

Might be a good idea if more people do that, if you don't already, as credits have been getting more hit and miss as time goes by.

Here's a $5 off Amazon code for Split Second I picked up at PAX last year. It's good until 3/31/2010. "5OFFSSEC"

[quote name='spydey']Here's a $5 off Amazon code for Split Second I picked up at PAX last year. It's good until 3/31/2010. "5OFFSSEC"[/QUOTE]

thanks! this sold it for me, $55 shipped after taxes plus 10 off a future game is an amazing deal

[quote name='spydey']Here's a $5 off Amazon code for Split Second I picked up at PAX last year. It's good until 3/31/2010. "5OFFSSEC"[/QUOTE]
Thanks for that! Makes it an even better deal.

I've been having the same issue as others. I finally got my FFXIII coupon today, but I've yet to see the Supreme Commander 2 $15 coupon.

Guess I'll email Amazon about the FFXIII credit.

EDIT: Wow, literally 20 seconds after posting this I get their promo email for it.

Just got the standard email notification for my $10 FFXIII credit. Looks like the CSR I talked to yesterday must have just manually credited me $10 so I got it twice.

[quote name='Moravagine']Just got the standard email notification for my $10 FFXIII credit. Looks like the CSR I talked to yesterday must have just manually credited me $10 so I got it twice.[/QUOTE]Same here. Hello bonus money.

[quote name='dallow']Dang it, I knew I should have called them yesterday. Odds of bonus money are always good. Nice score.[/QUOTE]Here's where it gets even more amusing.

I just called Amazon to try and move this "bonus" $10 promotional code to the DSi XL pre-order I just placed last night. If I could cancel the order and redo it, I would have, though once you order a DSi XL in a specific color, you can't re-order it, since they're limiting quantities to one per person and one per household. So, I need them to try and move the promotional code from my account to that order. The rep I spoke with tried to move the $10 promotional code to the order and couldn't. Due to this issue, he was supposed to be giving me another $10 promotional code for my trouble. :whistle2:s

So, I may end up with $30 total out of the whole thing, assuming the "newest" $10 promotional code isn't a replacement for the one I received earlier today that he tried to move. No sign of a "Did I fix your problem?" email from them, which would be the sign that they tossed the other one onto my account.

I'll have to see what happens later today.

yeah, i emailed amazon earlier today and i got my promo credit this afternoon.

and my game should be delivered now (at school, so not entirely sure). i still find it weird how the tracking didnt update for two days and it was only going from phoenix to san diego

I ordered BF:BC2 and got the $20 promo and used it on a GoW III preorder. I might return it (bought it at TRU during the glitch) so I assume Amazon would either: a) refund me $20 less or b) charge me $20 more for GoW III.

Anyone ever done this? I'm not trying to get $20 free from Amazon. I don't want a potential issue to arise and Amazon become suspect of my account.

I emailed last night about the FF $10... got an email and they gave me $10 credit to use on anything... and not 1 minute later I receive the automated email for the gaming $10.

received the first email at 1:23 and the second at 1:24

[quote name='icedrake523']I ordered BF:BC2 and got the $20 promo and used it on a GoW III preorder. I might return it (bought it at TRU during the glitch) so I assume Amazon would either: a) refund me $20 less or b) charge me $20 more for GoW III.

Anyone ever done this? I'm not trying to get $20 free from Amazon. I don't want a potential issue to arise and Amazon become suspect of my account.[/QUOTE]

I have. The credit from the purchase is essentially lost. They treat these promotions as coupons, which means they are a one time use credit. I emailed them and even called to try and get my credit back, but they ultimately refused. So, the lesson is that you should only use the coupon on an item that you know you won't be returning.

[quote name='Killrig']So, the lesson is that you should only use the coupon on an item that you know you won't be returning.[/QUOTE]Absolutely...

but for those willing to try their is a chance for a work around...

Ask them to add something to the order via email/phone and then cancel the original item after wards. I'm not sure if this will work but I've done it with ECA promotional code. (but that's pretty much a different ball of wax.)

bread's done
Back