Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='icedrake523']I ordered BF:BC2 and got the $20 promo and used it on a GoW III preorder. I might return it (bought it at TRU during the glitch) so I assume Amazon would either: a) refund me $20 less or b) charge me $20 more for GoW III.

Anyone ever done this? I'm not trying to get $20 free from Amazon. I don't want a potential issue to arise and Amazon become suspect of my account.[/QUOTE]

um.. the thing is... if you cancel a preorder before the expiration date on the credit it goes back into your account. The BF credit shouldn't have expired yet, as far as I know. So you should be able to cancel the preorder and use the credit on something else, but definately don't let it ship out.

actually guys i think maybe you misunderstood him. i think hes saying he might want to return BC2, and what would happen to the $20 credit then...

although it could just be that i misundertood him instead.

[quote name='y2jasper']actually guys i think maybe you misunderstood him. i think hes saying he might want to return BC2, and what would happen to the $20 credit then...

although it could just be that i misundertood him instead.[/QUOTE]

well that's prolly the case... best answer... call amazon and ask.

Still nothing on my FFXIII credit in my e-mail and I tried to order a game and it wasn't applied, so I shot an e-mail off to them about it. Hopefully they will fix it soon so I can place an order

This may have been asked before, but if I place my credit(from FF XIII) on Crackdown 2 will it go through even though the credit expires before Crackdown 2 is released or do I have to use it on something that is actually out before the expire date? Thanks!

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']This may have been asked before, but if I place my credit(from FF XIII) on Crackdown 2 will it go through even though the credit expires before Crackdown 2 is released or do I have to use it on something that is actually out before the expire date? Thanks![/QUOTE]The credit's expiration date is only for the use of it, nothing more. Once you attach it to an item on an order, it's used up and doesn't come back.

So, yes, it'll work on an item like Crackdown 2 whose release date is beyond the credit's expiration date.

I just checked my GOWIII order and apparently it hasn't shipped. I have it set for release-day delivery. They better ship it to me where I get it tomorrow :(

GoWIII order just shipped, now the great wait for the $10 credit begins. Here's hoping they give it within 2 business days like the product page states.

[quote name='foster1887']I just checked my GOWIII order and apparently it hasn't shipped. I have it set for release-day delivery. They better ship it to me where I get it tomorrow :([/QUOTE]
When I have release-date delivery, they always ship the day before and I always get it on time. I usually don't get the email notifications until late the night before release. You should be good.

[quote name='bigredvan14']Are the periods for the promotional credits usually this short? I have to use the GoW $10 by the end of April? Damn.[/QUOTE]
Never understood their logic. The FFXIII credit is good until the end of June.

I put the discounts towards Live Points or PSN money. I just view it was getting free dlc one way or another.

You can always email customer service and ask them to take off $10 from a current pre order and just delete the gaming credit.

[quote name='bigredvan14']Are the periods for the promotional credits usually this short? I have to use the GoW $10 by the end of April? Damn.[/QUOTE]
And the SupCom2 credit is good until 5/31. Weird.

Crazy. Makes no sense. Oh well, no sense complaining. I just kinda wish I would have known it would be that soon before I pre-ordered. I would have been more inclined to go with TRU or Best Buy for the gift card or RZ certificates.

But if Mass Effect 2 or Borderlands decide to hit $40-45 between now and April 30, I will have no complaints.

Nice. Amazon sent the GoWIII promo credit out fast. Worried from the FFXIII comments I might have had to chat with CSR to get it this week.

[quote name='V878']Nice. Amazon sent the GoWIII promo credit out fast. Worried from the FFXIII comments I might have had to chat with CSR to get it this week.[/QUOTE]
Well, not for everyone. I haven't gotten my GoW3 one yet. I think it is related to the fact that I preordered like a year ago. Seems like every time I preorder WAY in advance, I end up having to contact customer support to get the credit.

[quote name='Lucian']Well, not for everyone. I haven't gotten my GoW3 one yet. I think it is related to the fact that I preordered like a year ago. Seems like every time I preorder WAY in advance, I end up having to contact customer support to get the credit.[/QUOTE]

Getting things added to an already existing order can also cause problems.

The game itself is coming late, mine just went into shipping soon. I expect to get it 2 days after release, like yakuza or white knight chronicles.

Eurogamer has a review and from what I've gathered of importers and previews, an 8/10 seems like what it will average out to be.

Fun characters, unique setting, very involved and complex combat, extreme character cosmetic customization, somewhat weak overall story(seems to be episodic till the end chapters), can get really difficult at points.

Is what I've gotten from the game. Needless to say I'm getting it, it looks pretty damn fun.

[quote name='Lucian']Well, not for everyone. I haven't gotten my GoW3 one yet. I think it is related to the fact that I preordered like a year ago. Seems like every time I preorder WAY in advance, I end up having to contact customer support to get the credit.[/QUOTE]

Guess it depends but I ordered back in October (Gold Box deal) which was before the $10 promo was advertised. I did have to switch my order to RDD later on so maybe that updated it.

Hmm, had GoW III release date delivery but it never arrived. Package tracking just says that it left the seller on the 15th and that it should of arrived on the 16th... that's helpful. Hopefully it arrives today.

[quote name='V878']Guess it depends but I ordered back in October (Gold Box deal) which was before the $10 promo was advertised. I did have to switch my order to RDD later on so maybe that updated it.[/QUOTE]
Interesting, because I also later switched to RDD. Oh well, the mystery of Amazon's glitchy promotions continues... At least customer service always makes it right.

looks like I got an extra $5 credit in addition to the $10 credit.......maybe cause I didnt get GOW 3 on release date when I was supposed to?

I emailed Amazon about not getting GoW III on release date and apparently my package got lost in transit. It was weird cause the package tracking only showed order info received, never any info about the package actually being in any city. They are sending me another one and it should be here tomorrow (hopefully).

-Edit-
From the Fedex report it looks like Fedex never got the package, so it seems like the problem was on Amazon's end.

-Edit 2-
I emailed Amazon again to see what really happened to my first shipment. From their reply I couldn't tell whether Amazon or Fedex lost my package. Either way they gave me a $5 credit so that was nice of them.

my gow3 shipped. oddly, it shipped from delaware (i live in southern california). its rare that amazon ships stuff outside their nevada warehouse for me, but that would be two times in a row now with gow3 and pokemon.

[quote name='dramasetter929']quick question can i use the promo credit to purchase MS points?[/QUOTE]
Yes, Amazon categorizes ms points under video games so you can use vg promo credits.

If you're ever curious of what qualifies for a Amazon credit you have, just add what you want to your cart, go to checkout, and see if the credit was applied. If it wasn't then the item didn't qualify.

[quote name='dramasetter929']quick question can i use the promo credit to purchase MS points?[/QUOTE]
Only physical cards, though, not email delivered codes.

I haven't received my promo credit yet either, and like Lucian, I preordered FAR in advance. I had to email Amazon to get my promo credit for Tatsunoko Vs Capcom and FFXIII, so I wouldn't be surprised if I had to email them again by the end of the week.

I don't mind too much since their customer service is so good, but it's still a little frustrating.

[quote name='lilman']I emailed Amazon about not getting GoW III on release date and apparently my package got lost in transit. It was weird cause the package tracking only showed order info received, never any info about the package actually being in any city. They are sending me another one and it should be here tomorrow (hopefully).[/QUOTE]

ok... I know this isn't the best place for this... but I had the same issue with GoW III.. it stuck in the receiving info stage. emailed them and they sending out a new copy.... no credit tho...

the bad thing is... GoW got lost in their warehouse... another order I received this week was an empty box, and I had emailed them about doing a price math with the preorder price guarantee... and the guy mailed back that even tho they don't have a price match policy he would make a one time exception and do it.... then matched a higher price instead of the lowest one.

So to make a long story short... amazon... 3 strikes this week and no offer of credit.

kinda sad since they have always been so consistant.

[quote name='Afflicted']ok... I know this isn't the best place for this... but I had the same issue with GoW III.. it stuck in the receiving info stage. emailed them and they sending out a new copy.... no credit tho...

the bad thing is... GoW got lost in their warehouse... another order I received this week was an empty box, and I had emailed them about doing a price math with the preorder price guarantee... and the guy mailed back that even tho they don't have a price match policy he would make a one time exception and do it.... then matched a higher price instead of the lowest one.

So to make a long story short... amazon... 3 strikes this week and no offer of credit.

kinda sad since they have always been so consistant.[/QUOTE]
They didn't offer me a credit at first, just a replacement. I then sent them a second email asking exactly what happened to the first shipment, saying how from the fedex tracking it looked like fedex never really got the package, that I was disappointed not to be able to play the game on release date, and that I would appreciate some form of compensation.

Be courteous but strong in your email and you may get a credit. If the shipping company makes a mistake then you obviously can't blame Amazon, but when it's Amazon's fault they're good about making it up to you.

Btw my replacement GoW III did arrive today. They sent it UPS this time.

[quote name='Lucian']Only physical cards, though, not email delivered codes.[/QUOTE]

thats not true. I got an email delivered code that I bought with my GOW 3 VG credit yesterday

canceling an order with promo credit on it will return the credit to my account, right?

i know its been asked before and i feel like i should know this since ive been a cag forever now

[quote name='Mikkey']thats not true. I got an email delivered code that I bought with my GOW 3 VG credit yesterday[/QUOTE]
Was it a PSN code or Xbox Live code? In the past I've tried with email delivered Xbox Live codes and it would not work, but I've never tried with PSN codes.

[quote name='blackwaltz34']canceling an order with promo credit on it will return the credit to my account, right?

i know its been asked before and i feel like i should know this since ive been a cag forever now[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Vortextk']If it hasn't expired, yes.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I just cancelled my Splinter Cell order that the BFBC2 $20 promo was on and reordered. Now Both my BFBC2 $20 promo & GoWIII $10 are applied.

Items: $51.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Pre-order Guarantee: -$0.00
Promotion Applied: -$10.00
Promotion Applied: -$20.00

Total Before Tax: $21.99
Estimated Tax: $0.00

Order Total: $21.99

bread's done
Back