Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']It's probably in the "preparing to ship" status so you wouldn't be able to cancel it if you wanted too. (Also make sure you get your 10 credit for the game.)[/QUOTE]

Ok...how do I "make sure" I have it? E-mail amazon? I tried to apply it when I went into the order page of a game but it's not there.

[quote name='Sw33tbombs']Ok...how do I "make sure" I have it? E-mail amazon? I tried to apply it when I went into the order page of a game but it's not there.[/QUOTE]

You should get an automated email from amazon informing you that your promotional credit has been added to your account

[quote name='Vortextk']
Anyone order nier from amazon and get a credit? Assuming I'll have to e-mail about this in a day or two.[/QUOTE]

still waiting on nier

Yeah, I'm holding off for a bit longer in case they decide to match the Wal-Mart promo. I also noticed that Amazon removed the additional details link for the current promo that stated it expired on the 26th.

[quote name='niscii']Yeah, I'm holding off for a bit longer in case they decide to match the Wal-Mart promo. I also noticed that Amazon removed the additional details link for the current promo that stated it expired on the 26th.[/QUOTE]

If you mean holding off to pre-order RDR at Amazon, dont wait. If they don't match it just remember to cancel. The reason is that if Amazon matches they'll probably up the price on RDR to 59.99, may as well order now whiloe it's still 56.99

Does anybody know how many copies of a game you can pre-order from gamestop? I was thinking about ordering a bunch of Super Mario Galaxy 2 and selling them on Ebay then enjoying all that gift credit!

Just making sure here but realize it's not credit and it doesn't stack with itself nor pretty much any other coupons other than your edge card.

[quote name='jr1016']Amazon just raised the GC to $20 for Red Dead Redemption.[/QUOTE]

Excellent! I also pre-ordered from GameStop and was planning on selling my Amazon copy. Just wanted to get the gold guns, plus I had originally ordered from Amazon. I'm still thinking of pre-ordering at Best Buy for the war horse. Does anyone know if that code is in the game case or not?

[quote name='BossVersion1']Excellent! I also pre-ordered from GameStop and was planning on selling my Amazon copy. Just wanted to get the gold guns, plus I had originally ordered from Amazon. I'm still thinking of pre-ordering at Best Buy for the war horse. Does anyone know if that code is in the game case or not?[/QUOTE]

The golden gun is just a code emailed to us, right? I'm in the same situation as you and just plan on selling the Amazon copy.

[quote name='BossVersion1'] Does anyone know if that code is in the game case or not?[/QUOTE]While your asking I would love to know the same thing regarding Best Buy's Transformers: War for Cybertron preorder bonus too. (Jazz)

I'm sure it is not an issue but for some reason I don't see the usual "promotion valid on all existing pre-orders" qualification with Red Dead Redemption.

I pre-ordered this back in October at $56.99 with ECA so this is a pretty sweet deal. Definitely my most anticipated game of the year.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Amazon has also matched gamestops $10 gaming credits for Splinter Cell Conviction, Bad Company 2, and Mass Effect 2.[/QUOTE]

Also, they have it for UC2 also with a price of $48.99 for the game. Great deal.

I'm going to get all the games I want discounted

First Mod Nation Racers for $38 w/ shipping from gohastings.com

Then I used my $10 amazon credit towards Red Dead Redemption and that came out to $46.99 (and I'll have $20 Amazon credit from that). So I can maybe use that credit towards Dead Space (which would make it free), AC II, or Starcraft II (dunno when this is coming out).

Lastly, FFXIII will be $30 at K-mart next week!

I put in a pre-order for Tiger's Wii... no sorry... I'm really not that juvenile ;) Anyway, I put in a pre-order, but I also put in one at gamestop.com using 25OFF. If gamestop adds a $20 gift card I'll drop the amazon pre-order and if they don't I'll drop the gamestop pre-order. Here's to hoping....

[quote name='nightmare452']Amazon matched Red Dead Redemption's $20 gift card offer from Walmart.

Love Amazon and this price war.[/QUOTE]
Sweet I was able to place an order yesterday right before the price jumped back up to $60.

[quote name='nightmare452']Amazon matched Red Dead Redemption's $20 gift card offer from Walmart.

Love Amazon and this price war.[/QUOTE]
Hell yeah, I'm happy about this!

Yep, I think so, but considering it's $20 and a game probably a lot of people want, certainly doesn't hurt repeating it! :)

[quote name='goengland']Amazon matched RDR $20 gaming credit. Just saw it :)[/QUOTE]

every time I place an order the $20 gift card promotion is not included on my invoice email.

Typically there is a "Congratulations. Your purchase has qualified you for a $20 Video Games promotional code. The promotion code will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account up to two (2) business days after your product ships" message.

Ill wait a couple of days and retry. I want written proof on my invoice when dealing with these promotions.

[quote name='Techsticles']Sweet I was able to place an order yesterday right before the price jumped back up to $60.[/QUOTE]

I did the same. Does anyone know for sure if previously made preorders will definitely get the $20 gift card instead of $10? I called Amazon customer service and asked them this question. They weren't sure if I would get the $20 and recommended that I cancel and re-order it.

[quote name='acetate3']I did the same. Does anyone know for sure if previously made preorders will definitely get the $20 gift card instead of $10? I called Amazon customer service and asked them this question. They weren't sure if I would get the $20 and recommended that I cancel and re-order it.[/QUOTE]

you shouldn't have to cancel and pre-order again. but if you're worried go ahead

[quote name='dino88']The golden gun is just a code emailed to us, right? I'm in the same situation as you and just plan on selling the Amazon copy.[/QUOTE]

It should be. It says:
Access code will be e-mailed within ten business days after the game releases.

I think they tell you if it's in the case or not like with Just Cause 2.

Right before you check out on your order, you'll see a line item on the last page you go to before you hit purchase and the line item should read "Promotion Applied: $0.00" that's the confirmation you'll get the credit. I've never seen it on the confirmation emails tho. You usually only see the pre-order guarantee on the confirmation emails.

[quote name='uthoria']every time I place an order the $20 gift card promotion is not included on my invoice email.

Typically there is a "Congratulations. Your purchase has qualified you for a $20 Video Games promotional code. The promotion code will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account up to two (2) business days after your product ships" message.

Ill wait a couple of days and retry. I want written proof on my invoice when dealing with these promotions.[/QUOTE]

I'm interested in seeing what happens with this too. I ordered Red Dead Redemption and there is no mention of a $20 gift card in the email. For Halo Reach and Bioshock 2, I did receive this info.

[quote name='uthoria']every time I place an order the $20 gift card promotion is not included on my invoice email.

Ill wait a couple of days and retry. I want written proof on my invoice when dealing with these promotions.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='djblaze805']I'm interested in seeing what happens with this too. I ordered Red Dead Redemption and there is no mention of a $20 gift card in the email. For Halo Reach and Bioshock 2, I did receive this info.[/QUOTE]

The credit for RDR is not a video game credit, but rather a gift card.
They're handled a bit differently. You will not get the message you are referring to in the invoice email. Halo reach, Bio 2, etc. are/were video game credits. There's nothing to worry about.

Well, I did email them and this was their response:

"I've checked your order for Red Dead Redemption and confirmed, you are eligible to get $20.00 gift card for this purchase."

At least now I know for sure. I'm a happy customer. :lol:

don't know if someone could help me on this but...
there's some coinstar machines that turn the coin amount into amazon credit without taking the typical coinstar fee away from your total amount.
i did that and used the credit to pre-order modnation racers. but with amazon going crazy with the games and more gaming credit, does anyone know if i cancel my pre-order of modnation, would i get the coinstar credit back? i looked around on the site but couldn't find anything in the help section.
i'd wanna get borderlands with that same coinstar credit and then use that $10 credit that comes with borderlands on modnation racers.

Gift card type credit I believe never has an expiration date, this shouldn't work any differently(if at all, it might just be basically a gift card? I've never done it myself). Should have no problems canceling and getting it back. Even stuff like video game credit with all these games goes back in your cart fine as long as it hasn't expired.

[quote name='chssnaredrum04']don't know if someone could help me on this but...
there's some coinstar machines that turn the coin amount into amazon credit without taking the typical coinstar fee away from your total amount. >>>

Reeeeeally! That's pretty cool. I've never given more than a short look at a Coinstar machine, but if I could just turn it into credit at Amazon, I'd seriously consider that if I start getting overrun with coins.

[quote name='Vortextk']Gift card type credit I believe never has an expiration date, this shouldn't work any differently(if at all, it might just be basically a gift card? I've never done it myself). Should have no problems canceling and getting it back. Even stuff like video game credit with all these games goes back in your cart fine as long as it hasn't expired.[/QUOTE]

I'm really wondering how this is going to work. Gift cards at Amazon seem not to expire, or it at least seems as such by a sentence I found on their Gift Card page: "The expiration date for Gift Cards issued after October 1, 2005 are waived and may be redeemed for eligible purchases notwithstanding any stated expiration date"

I'm on the fence about ordering RDR, but this being a gift card is pushing me toward doing it. If I can just apply the $20 to an already existing order without having to e-mail CS, I may just bite.

If it's regular credit, you definitely could no question. Have they done this before? Regular gift credit instead of VG, on a game? I can't think of any, so no examples to go back to for you.

[quote name='Vortextk']If it's regular credit, you definitely could no question. Have they done this before? Regular gift credit instead of VG, on a game? I can't think of any, so no examples to go back to for you.[/QUOTE]

i remember last year they had a $5 gift card promo with Episodes of Liberty City for the Xbox 360. they emailed you a code that you then put into amazons site (on their gift card page) and it added $5 of credit to your existing credit. so yes you could apply it to an existing order, since it would just be normal amazon credit.

I feel good about ordering Red Dead Redemption from them earlier today. I anticipated their pricematching Walmart, so I preordered it at its 56.99 price, cause I knew theyd put it upto 59.99 when they put the 20 credit like they did with Bad Company 2 and some other games. $3 I know, but that's what being a true CAG feels like haha.

Does Amazon charge tax? cause I just made the preorder to RDR from Gamestop and GS does charge tax.. so in the end its looking like

the bonuses from GS + $10 vs golden guns + $20 + (no tax?)

[quote name='Azurken']Does Amazon charge tax? cause I just made the preorder to RDR from Gamestop and GS does charge tax.. so in the end its looking like [/QUOTE]It depends upon what state you live in...

bread's done
Back