Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dtrain12']I preordered in store at a gamestop for their soundtrack and other bonuses but would like to take advantage of the amazon credit deal. Any suggestions CAGs?[/QUOTE]
I suggest you figure out which is more important to you. Ingame junk and a soundtrack, or 20 bucks off anything on amazon. I like the 20 bucks better.

[quote name='mn9500']if i preordered when it was the $10 gift card promo, will it automatically upgrade to the $20 gift card when the game releases?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it will automatically change because of their preorder price guarantee.

[quote name='y2jasper']do you have multiple items on the order? amazons system doesn' let you change an item to RDD if there's multiple items on the order, but customer service could possible do it.[/QUOTE]

I think that was the problem, even though the dvds were separated in the order. I just called customer service and everything has been resolved. They just canceled the order and placed a new one...somehow I got it for $2 cheaper. In the end, I'm getting Red Dead Redemption on release day for $35 in credit (subtracted the $20 promo since I'm paying in all credit).

So when I ordered Mario Galaxy 2 I could've sworn it clearly said in the check out that I'd get the $20 credit. With RDR it's not showing up before I confirm my order and it has me concerned. Is this normal? Am I missing a step?

i cancelled my RDR w/ Gamestop and reordered with Amazon. I used the $10credit i got from GTA episodes so it was better deal for $49.99 and $20 GC

Im very much enjoying this ongoing war between amazon and gamestop!

[quote name='Yeargdribble']So when I ordered Mario Galaxy 2 I could've sworn it clearly said in the check out that I'd get the $20 credit. With RDR it's not showing up before I confirm my order and it has me concerned. Is this normal? Am I missing a step?[/QUOTE]

Also concerned me but i noticed that it only appears in the checkout if its a Credit towards a future purchase. This is a GIFT CARD good for anything, so that would explain it.

I placed the order regardless. I trust Amazon. Also the free release day delivery (Prime) is nice. For some reason that wasn't an option for MG2, but oh well.

[quote name='mitnosi']I want to say yes because in the past this was done for people, but I can't get Amazon to give me an answer on it.[/QUOTE]

Mitnosi, I'm in the same situation. I contacted Amazon (and they've usually always responded within a couple of hours), but I haven't received any response from them yet (2 days). Someone else (on another thread) copied the response from Amazon, and they said they would upgrade it.

[quote name='Yeargdribble']I placed the order regardless. I trust Amazon. Also the free release day delivery (Prime) is nice. For some reason that wasn't an option for MG2, but oh well.[/QUOTE]

nintendo games typically come out on sundays now, which is the case with MG2. so would be fairly difficult for them to set up the release date delivery for that one. :cry:

I've gotten Game credit from Amazon before, but I remember it mentioning on the purchase page that there was that kind of deal...

but when I go to Red Dead's Amazon page, it doesnt mention having the 20 dollar pre-order GC, so I am a little worried. Does anyone know how to find out and make absolutely sure it will come with the 20 dollar credit?

[quote name='Azuvidexus']Just noticed that Just Cause 2 (PS3) has a $10 Video Game Credit. The game is currently @ $56.99.

The 28th it was Deal of the Day, and it was going for $44.98 (but no credit), IMO that one was better.[/QUOTE]

As of now, Just Cause 2's price dropped to $49.99, plus the $10 Video Game Credit.

The 360 version is also going for $49.99, but without the video game credit.

I ordered the game a couple of days ago, but it hasn't shipped yet. I'm now asking Amazon if there's a chance of getting the credit :/

oddly enough, the gaming credits can turn out to be a B2G1 deal stretched over several months...the added preorder bonus is really the icing on the cake.

Looks like I'll be getting RDR from amazon fo'shure.
SSFIV > RDR > Transformer > Halo Reach > All my free time

[quote name='Azuvidexus']As of now, Just Cause 2's price dropped to $49.99, plus the $10 Video Game Credit.

The 360 version is also going for $49.99, but without the video game credit.

I ordered the game a couple of days ago, but it hasn't shipped yet. I'm now asking Amazon if there's a chance of getting the credit :/[/QUOTE]
You will get it. I was reading their policy and stuff, I remember seeing that when your order is placed it marks it to give you credit if that was on there when you ordered it.

JC2 for $50 with the credit? Really tempting. Though Best Buy is gonna have $20 off starting 5/16. I'll wait. I have a backlog and it'll probably be $40 or less by the time I'd get to it.

[quote name='icedrake523']JC2 for $50 with the credit? Really tempting. Though Best Buy is gonna have $20 off starting 5/16. I'll wait. I have a backlog and it'll probably be $40 or less by the time I'd get to it.[/QUOTE]

Don't you need to be member of Best Buy Reward Zone to make that promo effective? I think I saw a thread about it around here a bit ago.

[quote name='Azuvidexus']Don't you need to be member of Best Buy Reward Zone to make that promo effective? I think I saw a thread about it around here a bit ago.[/QUOTE]

Do you have a name and an email address? If so, you can become a member too.

And don't forget to sign up for the Gamers Club located under the Community and Clubs tab.

[quote name='Azuvidexus']Don't you need to be member of Best Buy Reward Zone to make that promo effective? I think I saw a thread about it around here a bit ago.[/QUOTE]
Its pretty easy to sign up and print out a membership card and the coupons that are needed for the Best Buy deals. Its all free too.

[quote name='fyrflash1969']yeah, but trying to figure out if Amazon is going to honor the preorders that did it while it was active[/QUOTE]

In the past, I believe they have.

[quote name='stevelee2k']Anyone that ordered Nier get their $10 amazon credit yet?[/QUOTE]

Nadda. Guess I'll e-mail later today about it.

When you preorder on Amazon and choose FSSS, when does the game usually get to you? Do they ship it on release day?

I was having a tough time deciding to get RDR or Alan Wake first (really hate that they're coming out on the same day) but I think the $20 GC sold me.

[quote name='NoHo']When you preorder on Amazon and choose FSSS, when does the game usually get to you? Do they ship it on release day?[/QUOTE]

I pre-ordered SSFIV with FSSS, and I received it 2 days after release. Not bad for free shipping.

I just pre-ordered RDR too. It's been a chain of Amazon GC savings lately.

-Originally bought SSFIV for $36.99, and got $10 GC and a $1 refund in gift credit.

-Then I used the $11 GC to buy Bioshock 2 (on sale for $32.99) for a total of $21.99, and Episodes from Liberty City for $29.99. Both of these came with a $10 GC each for a total of $20 GC.

-Then just now, I pre-ordered RDR (comes with the Golden Guns)...applying the $20 GC, my total was $39.99. And this game comes with a $20 GC as well.

So for a grand total of $128.96, I have 4 new awesome games and still have $20 GC left over. I'll probably use that towards UFC 2010...which comes with another $10 GC.

SO MUCH GC!!! THIS IS MADNESS!!! :whee: :whee: :whee: :whee:

Finally got email back about Read Dead Redemption Credit:

"I have checked your order and confirm that it qualifies for the $20 Amazon.com Gift Card and not $10 gift card. Hence, when the order ships, you will receive $20 gift card."

I'm sure this has been asked a million times before but if I pre-ordered Red Dead Redemption prior to the $20 Amazon GC being added do I still qualify or do I need to cancel my pre-order and reup it?

[quote name='SleazyC']I'm sure this has been asked a million times before but if I pre-ordered Red Dead Redemption prior to the $20 Amazon GC being added do I still qualify or do I need to cancel my pre-order and reup it?[/QUOTE]

You need to cancel and reup because you didn't pre order during the peroid. LOL And that question hasn't been asked a million times. It's been asked a billion times.

[quote name='SleazyC']I'm sure this has been asked a million times before but if I pre-ordered Red Dead Redemption prior to the $20 Amazon GC being added do I still qualify or do I need to cancel my pre-order and reup it?[/QUOTE]

C'mon man, that question was answered two posts above you.

[quote name='wildcpac']You need to cancel and reup because you didn't pre order during the peroid. LOL And that question hasn't been asked a million times. It's been asked a billion times.[/QUOTE]
No he doesn't need to. It's part of the priceorder guarantee.

[quote name='Greendomo']No he doesn't need to. It's part of the priceorder guarantee.[/QUOTE]

It was sarcasm and I put a LOL to signify that.

[quote name='Buzzman']can you use the $20 game credit on used items at Amazon or does it specifically have to be an Amazon store item?[/QUOTE]

It has to be sold and shipped by Amazon. I'm not sure about the Amazon Warehouse I've never tried it to see if credits work for it.

[quote name='wildcpac']You need to cancel and reup because you didn't pre order during the peroid. LOL And that question hasn't been asked a million times. It's been asked a billion times.[/QUOTE]
Well according to my Amazon email you don't need to reorder.

First time experience from using one of these Amazon game credits. Pardon the length.

I had purchased Monster Hunter Tri last week and it shipped sometime Friday or today. I had planned to use the $10 game credit from that purchase on my preorder of Super Mario Galaxy 2 (and obtaining that $20 game credit). I hadn't checked my email but today I put SMG2 in the cart and proceeded to checkout. Sure enough the $10 MHT promotional credit was there so SMG2 rang up at $39.99 [$49.99 - $10.00]. Yeah!

Now that $20 game credit should arrive late in the month and I'll finally pickup up LittleBigPlanet on the PSP. That is unless I decide to wait a bit longer hoping for a price drop. I never found the Canadian version when it was in the Kmart bin for $9.99 months ago. I'll have to see what the expiration date on the credit is.

It doesn't help my game backlog to have just impulse bought Pangya: Fantasy Golf PSP (new) and Pinball: The Gottlieb Collection PSP (used) both for $9.99 each from Play N Trade. I got my money's worth out of both PSP Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee titles as well as Pinball: The Williams Collection PSP so I'd had these two equivalents on my "buy one day" list. That under $10 price point made me bite.

Happy shopping.

[quote name='Buzzman']can you use the $20 game credit on used items at Amazon or does it specifically have to be an Amazon store item?[/QUOTE]

If you're referring to the $20 from Red Dead Redemption, it is a gift card and can be used on anything at Amazon. If you're referring to any of the other gaming credits, they can only be used on games shipped and sold by Amazon.

I just found a $10 Games Credit offer on Heavy Rain + sale price of $46.99 Some people it'll ring up as a "Gold Box Deal" for $44 or so.

I don't think that is the case. Not saying he shouldn't if it makes him feel safer, but some recent game (Just Cause 2 maybe?) had a GC increase from $10 to $15 and Amazon automatically updated it for me. I believe it works like preorder pricing in that if the price drops after you've preordered (or in this case, the incentive increased) you automatically get the best deal.

[quote name='graf1k']I don't think that is the case. Not saying he shouldn't if it makes him feel safer, but some recent game (Just Cause 2 maybe?) had a GC increase from $10 to $15 and Amazon automatically updated it for me. I believe it works like preorder pricing in that if the price drops after you've preordered (or in this case, the incentive increased) you automatically get the best deal.[/QUOTE]

Not trying to be obnoxious here, but I think he was being sarcastic.

[quote name='bobright']Wasnt there a pre-order credit for Lost Planet 2???

crap[/QUOTE]

no...I was hoping for one

[quote name='graf1k']I don't think that is the case. Not saying he shouldn't if it makes him feel safer, but some recent game (Just Cause 2 maybe?) had a GC increase from $10 to $15 and Amazon automatically updated it for me. I believe it works like preorder pricing in that if the price drops after you've preordered (or in this case, the incentive increased) you automatically get the best deal.[/QUOTE]

I'd encourage anyone to re-order Red Dead Redemption just to be safe. No sarcasm there. You can probably complain and waste time later trying to get $20 but I'm just going to do it now.

Anyway, the CS gave me this reply when I asked about getting a $20 gc instead of a $10 gift card (since I had ordered when it was only $10):

I've researched this promotion, and I see your order didn't meet all of the qualifications for receiving this promotional offer. Specifically, the $20 gift card wasn't offered the time you placed the order. Currently, we are offering this promotion.

In order to take advantage of this promotion, you must place a qualifying order during the specified promotion period while supplies last. We're unable to apply special discounts to items ordered before or after the dates of the promotional offer."

That right there is complete garbage. It is lousy ass customer service and Amazon is about to hear it for wasting my time. I would simply re-order it except it has an expired $20 promotional credit already applied to it. If I cancel that order I lose my original credit.

So now I get to waste even more time trying to explain this to them which will no doubt take at least a couple more emails besides the 2 I've already sent them asking if I'd get a damn $10 or $20 gift card. fuck.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I'd encourage anyone to re-order Red Dead Redemption just to be safe. No sarcasm there. You can probably complain and waste time later trying to get $20 but I'm just going to do it now.

Anyway, the CS gave me this reply when I asked about getting a $20 gc instead of a $10 gift card (since I had ordered when it was only $10):

I've researched this promotion, and I see your order didn't meet all of the qualifications for receiving this promotional offer. Specifically, the $20 gift card wasn't offered the time you placed the order. Currently, we are offering this promotion.

In order to take advantage of this promotion, you must place a qualifying order during the specified promotion period while supplies last. We're unable to apply special discounts to items ordered before or after the dates of the promotional offer."

That right there is complete garbage. It is lousy ass customer service and Amazon is about to hear it for wasting my time. I would simply re-order it except it has an expired $20 promotional credit already applied to it. If I cancel that order I lose my original credit.

So now I get to waste even more time trying to explain this to them which will no doubt take at least a couple more emails besides the 2 I've already sent them asking if I'd get a damn $10 or $20 gift card. fuck.[/QUOTE]
Just take a screen shot of the page showing the $20 promo offer. When they finally send you a GC other than $20, complain.

If you cancel and reorder it now, you'll lose the $20 already applied. Totally not worth it.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I'd encourage anyone to re-order Red Dead Redemption just to be safe. No sarcasm there. You can probably complain and waste time later trying to get $20 but I'm just going to do it now.

So now I get to waste even more time trying to explain this to them which will no doubt take at least a couple more emails besides the 2 I've already sent them asking if I'd get a damn $10 or $20 gift card. fuck.[/QUOTE]
Weird, I too ordered when it was only a $10 dollar promo and emailed them about it. The rep checked the order and told me I would be getting the $20 dollar credit, but ill screen shot the deal page and the email and send it in if I have to.

bread's done
Back