Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
Nier credit reply:

"Hello,

I need to look into the problem with the $10.00 credit and it'll take a bit more time than usual.

I just wanted to let you know I'll write back in 2-3 business days with more information."

Not exactly super promising but some kind of contact is better than none.

[quote name='dopehat']For those that re-ordered todes the 20$ actually show up in the e-mail you get now?[/QUOTE]

Re-ordered what? Red Dead?

Then no you will not get an email mentioning the $20 because it is a gift card. This has been answered.

Just received the following email from Amazon.com about the RDR gift cards:

The $20 promotional certificate offer for Red Dead Redemption will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Customers who have already ordered this item will receive the $20 promotional certificate. You should receive the promotional certificate via e-mail within 10 days of the game's release.

Hope that clears it up!

[quote name='Vortextk']Nier credit reply:

"Hello,

I need to look into the problem with the $10.00 credit and it'll take a bit more time than usual.

I just wanted to let you know I'll write back in 2-3 business days with more information."

Not exactly super promising but some kind of contact is better than none.[/QUOTE]
thanks, keep us updated :D

[quote name='mitnosi']If you would have asked me this a few days ago I would of said until the day it shipped. But seeing as they took Alan Wake's credit off I have no clue.[/QUOTE]

I asked something else and, among the answer that Amazon gave me, this is what they said

Additionally, you may use the credit to order Red Dead Redemption by May 17, 2010, and receive the associated promotional offers as well.

So the $20 gift card offer should not be gone until the 17th (based in that comment), which is nice.

By the way, yesterday I noticed (and used) a Live Chat feature that Amazon now has, it's pretty nice and instant answers. The only thing is that even tho they have a specified schedule (which I read in some other site), I used the Live Chat in the morning yesterday, but during the night it was gone (6-8 PM GMT-5). No clue if this Live Chat feature was known.

[quote name='sdornan']Why did Amazon remove the Alan Wake promo credit? That's not like them.[/QUOTE]
I'm still bitter about it lol

But looks like Amazon responded to my inquiry about the Alan Wake credit asking if it was a mistake that it was taken off and asking if it would be coming back, here's response:

"Hello,

I need to look into the problem with the promotion for the game Alan Wake, and it'll take a bit more time than usual.

I just wanted to let you know I'll write back in 2-3 business days with more information.

Thanks for giving me time to find the best solution."

[quote name='Vortextk']Nier credit reply:

"Hello,

Not exactly super promising but some kind of contact is better than none.[/QUOTE]

I had that same e-mail when they didn't get my my FFXIII credit. Later that day, I received the standard e-mail about my FFXIII purchase qualifying for a $10 promotional credit, so it's not really as gloomy as you may think. I'm not sure if this is your case, but adding it to an older order (perhaps one with an old, now-expired promotion) seems to give it a bigger chance of screwing up.

[quote name='Azuvidexus']I asked something else and, among the answer that Amazon gave me, this is what they said

Additionally, you may use the credit to order Red Dead Redemption by May 17, 2010, and receive the associated promotional offers as well.
So the $20 gift card offer should not be gone until the 17th (based in that comment), which is nice.[/QUOTE]

Seems a little vague to me still, but thanx for the info.

[quote name='mitnosi']I'm still bitter about it lol

But looks like Amazon responded to my inquiry about the Alan Wake credit asking if it was a mistake that it was taken off and asking if it would be coming back, here's response:

"Hello,

I need to look into the problem with the promotion for the game Alan Wake, and it'll take a bit more time than usual.

I just wanted to let you know I'll write back in 2-3 business days with more information.

Thanks for giving me time to find the best solution."[/QUOTE]
Thanks for doing this. Hope they bring it back.

[quote name='integrafied1']Looks like Alan Wake credit is back up.[/QUOTE]

Yeeeessssss!!!!!

Ordering it now with my $10 for GTA: Episodes from Liberty City and $10 for Bioshock 2.

Thanks for the update!

[quote name='Nirron']I had that same e-mail when they didn't get my my FFXIII credit. Later that day, I received the standard e-mail about my FFXIII purchase qualifying for a $10 promotional credit, so it's not really as gloomy as you may think. I'm not sure if this is your case, but adding it to an older order (perhaps one with an old, now-expired promotion) seems to give it a bigger chance of screwing up.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah that's definitely the case with me, though I've yet to read about anyone getting the nier credit so far.

[quote name='integrafied1']Looks like Alan Wake credit is back up.[/QUOTE]

So was that the only example of them removing the credit once it went up? I saw on another site's post that there are a limited number of credits that can be purchased, so they can basically run out. Any validity to that?

New email from Amazon about Alan Wake:

"Hello,

I looked into the Alan Wake $10 promotion and discovered that the offer was taken off the site temporarily in error. All preorders for the game will receive a $10 promotion credit. The information has been added back to the website and is visible here:

http://www.amazon.com/Alan-Wake-Xbo..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1272994349&sr=8-1

I'm sorry for the inconvenience you experienced because of this. I hope this information was helpful, and we hope to see you again soon."

[quote name='faceturd']So was that the only example of them removing the credit once it went up? I saw on another site's post that there are a limited number of credits that can be purchased, so they can basically run out. Any validity to that?[/QUOTE]
I think so, was just an error though. I think all credits are suppose to stay on the item until it ships. As for a limited avaliablity on the credits, I don't think that their is a limited number.

[quote name='mitnosi']I think so, was just an error though. I think all credits are suppose to stay on the item until it ships. As for a limited avaliablity on the credits, I don't think that their is a limited number.[/QUOTE]

Awesome .

:: High-fives everyone ::

In for the RDR pre-order. Love that $20 credit!

Also, some of those posts on GameFaqs are quite funny. Trying to dismiss CAG as a reliable website.

Success. Nier credit received. Looks like an automated e-mail, as with any other game I received credits for(without manual help), it's also just VG credit instead of what would be a manual $10 balance. Expires july 31st. Hopefully it continues with less hiccups. I wouldn't mind waiting a few more days, such as this time, to ensure I wouldn't need to contact about problems receiving the credit.

I just want to report that I got the Nier $10 amazon credit today in the afternoon. Check your emails for those that bought the game.

[quote name='Vortextk']Success. Nier credit received. Looks like an automated e-mail, as with any other game I received credits for(without manual help), it's also just VG credit instead of what would be a manual $10 balance. Expires july 31st. Hopefully it continues with less hiccups. I wouldn't mind waiting a few more days, such as this time, to ensure I wouldn't need to contact about problems receiving the credit.[/QUOTE]

I actually emailed them a couple of times friday about this... got a credit manually added then got the email today...

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']If you preorder RDR through Amazon, does it come with the soundtrack CD that Gamestop is advertising?[/QUOTE]
Gamestop Only

[quote name='CONMAN999']So I preordered RDR on PS3. When will I get the gift card? Soon or when the game comes out. Thanks gents![/QUOTE]
1-2 days after game ships you should probably have it.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']I could not resist the Red Dead Redemption $20 credit AND preorder bonus weapons. Would not have even purchased it otherwise.[/QUOTE]
same here. i was planning on waiting until it dropped in price because i'm buying the new ufc game and already pre-ordered madden 11.. dont know why since i always end up hating madden and each year it's the same story... but i'm a big football fan what can i say and that had a 20$ video game credit.

but then i saw the 20$ gift card deal for RDR and couldn't resist.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Used my credit and got Cross Edge for $20 shipped, new. This is AMAZING. =][/QUOTE]

what game did you get the credit from ??

well i didn't see this in the OP, but iron man 2 has a $10 offer as well. you just have to scroll down to special promotions.

personally, $10 credit isn't enough to make me buy a movie video game.

[quote name='Expensive Ass Gamer']CheapyD, how much credit should we put into you saying the PS3 version is going to be inferior? Do you have any proof?[/QUOTE]

both version should be similar

Anyone know when the Super Street Fighter IV $10 credit will expire? If you wanna use it, it has to be used before it ships to you, correct? I want to try to use it on Reach, but that's in September- which is kinda far away.

[quote name='Sw33tbombs']Anyone know when the Super Street Fighter IV $10 credit will expire? If you wanna use it, it has to be used before it ships to you, correct? I want to try to use it on Reach, but that's in September- which is kinda far away.[/QUOTE]

If you already have the credit from SSF IV you can use it and pre-order halo reach for $10 off now. It doesn't matter when the game you want to use it on ships, as long as the order for it is placed before the credit is expired.

A couple other things:

1. Did you receive an email about your credit? It should tell you the expiration date in that email.
2. Do not cancel an order that you used a credit on once the credit is expired, or you will lose the credit. You can cancel an order before a credit expires and it will go right back to your account for use up until the expiration date.

yeah exactly what shockandaww said. you just have to make the order before your credit expires, it doesn't matter if you decide to use it on a preorder that won't be out until next year. the only thing is, once the coupon expires, if you cancel that order, the credit will disappear forever.

As if Red Dead Redemption wasn't already full of all forms of bad assery, look at what R* will be giving us come June!

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/05/05/red-dead-redemption-getting-free-co-op-dlc-this-june/

That's right...Co-Op DLC! And it's completely FREE!!! :whee:

I hope all publishers that like to milk their customers dry with their BS DLC...especially Activision for charging $15-20 for their MW2 Stimulous Pack...eat shit and die, fuckers!

Rockstar/Take 2, all I have to say is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qwnwNPa6UQ

I.......Love.......You!!!

Anyone remember if there was preorder credit for SC Conviction (PC)? For some reason I thought there was but maybe I am just getting confused with all of these credit offers.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']As if Red Dead Redemption wasn't already full of all forms of bad assery, look at what R* will be giving us come June!

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/05/05/red-dead-redemption-getting-free-co-op-dlc-this-june/

That's right...Co-Op DLC! And it's completely FREE!!! :whee:

I hope all publishers that like to milk their customers dry with their BS DLC...especially Activision for charging $15-20 for their MW2 Stimulous Pack. Eat shit and die fuckers!
I.......Love.......You!!![/QUOTE]

SWEET!! I need my Rockstar fix after finishing both Liberty City expansion packs and RDR looks promising.

I'm already pre-ordered on Amazon for RDR, does anyone know if they're gonna give me the $20 card even if I pre-ordered before they gave it out? Does that fall under the pre-order price-lock thing?

bread's done
Back