Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
Just received the game two hours ago, golden guns code was behind the instruction manual (ps3 version). Guess I might've gotten lucky

[quote name='TooLegitVolz']No code for me in the box. No mention of it whatsoever. I just emailed Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Odd :\

This was inside my case...

PICT0199.jpg

[quote name='SpockBlocker']I got release day shipping on my pre order of RDR. It's 3:16 PM, no package yet. RAGEEEEEEEEEEE[/QUOTE]
UPS truck doesn't come by my house until 6pm, I must be the last house on their route. So whenever I get release date delivery (like today for RDR) I don't plan on playing the game until the next day. Really annoying, I wish I could specify which carrier to use cause FedEx comes by before noon.

-Update-
UPS screwed up and now my game isn't coming until tomorrow. I'm glad I payed extra for prime membership...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='matrixadw']Odd :\

This was inside my case...

PICT0199.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Mine had the Co-Op Mission Pack/Max Payne advertisement, the game manual, and the map. That was it. Looked through everything to see if it was stuck inside any of the other stuff, nothing.

My copy is for Xbox 360. Just got a response: "...we'll send your promotional certificate via e-mail within ten business days after the game releases."

[quote name='TooLegitVolz']Mine had the Co-Op Mission Pack/Max Payne advertisement, the game manual, and the map. That was it. Looked through everything to see if it was stuck inside any of the other stuff, nothing.[/QUOTE]

That sucks. Mine was right on top of the co-op advertisement insert. Hopefully they still send out codes. I don't see how you will get it if you don't return your copy.

360 or PS3 version? Mine is 360, not sure if that makes any difference regarding the codes showing up in cases.

This kinda makes no sense. I fully expected to have the code emailed to me.

Edit- hmmmmm maybe people getting codes in the cases are just lucky. If I get an extra code via email, I'll make sure to pass it on to someone who might get screwed over.

I probably wont use my golden guns code. I remember when the Golder Lancer and Golden Hammerburst came with the Gears of War 2 CE. I saw a golden lancer code go for like $120 on eBay a while back. Not sure if anybody is looking for those anymore though, with Gears 3 on the way.

I got an Xbox version and it has the golden gun code in the case, but if I get an extra via email I will trade it for the GS exclusive outfite

Ok so I checked Amazon and UPS and it says I was not there to sign when it was delivered. I had no idea I would need to be here, even though I wouldn't have been able anyway. So what do I do? Do I have to wait till tomorrow because I won't be around all day anyway? Does anyone know if I can pick it up from a UPS Store?

[quote name='lilman']UPS truck doesn't come by my house until 6pm, I must be the last house on their route. So whenever I get release date delivery (like today for RDR) I don't plan on playing the game until the next day. Really annoying, I wish I could specify which carrier to use cause FedEx comes by before noon.[/QUOTE]
I feel your pain, UPS and FedEx work the same way for me (at the same times as you).

Just got my release day shipment for RDR from UPS. 5PM.

Also, my Xbox 360 Version DOES contain the code to download the Golden Guns Weapon Pack. Not sure why some ppl are not getting it. My game shipped from the Amazon Warehouse in PA by the way.

I'd just pre-ordered both RDR and alan wake. Alan came with 10, RDR came with 20 and the golden guns. Didn't get a golden guns card or any notification or actual card with those amounts on. Just got it today. What gives? :C

EDIT: Err, pre ordered awhile back

[quote name='Chronoteeth']I'd just pre-ordered both RDR and alan wake. Alan came with 10, RDR came with 20 and the golden guns. Didn't get a golden guns card or any notification or actual card with those amounts on. Just got it today. What gives? :C

EDIT: Err, pre ordered awhile back[/QUOTE]

Some seem to be getting cards included in the case for the guns code..
If you didn't get this, I assume you'll be getting the code via email.

You should get the Alan Wake credit in a couple days via email.
RDR guns code/gift card should be emailed to you within ten days.

Just wonder if there is any difference on the UPC for the box with gun code versus without. May be someone can post their UPC here, it will be helpful to know.

My 360 copy with the included golden guns code insert has UPC number 7 10425 39825 4 and it was shipped from a amazon PA warehouse.

Just got home from work and opened up my copy of RDR.
Mine does have the code included in the case.

The UPC on the back of the box is the exact same as matrixadw

[quote name='matrixadw']My 360 copy with the included golden guns code insert has UPC number 7 10425 39825 4 and it was shipped from a amazon PA warehouse.[/QUOTE]
no code

my number is 7 10425 39574 1

[quote name='TooLegitVolz']Mine had the Co-Op Mission Pack/Max Payne advertisement, the game manual, and the map. That was it. Looked through everything to see if it was stuck inside any of the other stuff, nothing.[/QUOTE]

Ditto...

But I'm pretty sure I remember reading it would be emailed to me when I originally pre-ordered...

[quote name='sasuke543']has anyone gotten there $20 amazon credit yet? :eek:[/QUOTE]

Nope. I got my $10 for Alan Wake and my $10 for Prince of Persia but not my $20 for Red Dead.

I just got a email back from amazon with a code on it for the gold guns. I havent had a chance to use it yet though. Its not a normal MS code, is there a in-game area to enter the codes?

[quote name='reddjoey']Prototype will be mailed to you later from the publisher. All new copies of Singularity will come with a redeemable code. Just like the Darksiders w/ free Red Faction Guerrilla.

http://kotaku.com/5526474/buy-singularity-get-prototype-for-free[/QUOTE]

Thanks. The OP implies that it is from Amazon (like the Golf mag or other "free" items. It doesn't say "mail in offer by paying $5 shipping to get Prototype). This wouldn't be an "exclusive" to Amazon then either.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I just got a email back from amazon with a code on it for the gold guns. I havent had a chance to use it yet though. Its not a normal MS code, is there a in-game area to enter the codes?[/QUOTE]
Same with me man, there's an option at the Downloadable Content page to use a Rockstar code but its not letting me connect to server with it.

I wish they would just put the second disc in the package. And why is this Xbox only, when both games are on all three systems?

[quote name='confoosious']did anyone get their Golden Guns code from Amazon yet?

Mine is a 4 digit code (x4). This isn't usual xbla code. Do you redeem it ingame?[/QUOTE]

I don't know about XBL but with PSN its in-game

[quote name='mitnosi']Thats a PSN code? lol I guess i ended up with that one as well.[/QUOTE]

well. i think in game codes can be any format. I'm just confused what i'm supposed to do with my 16 digit code.

I noticed an option for the Rockstar code, but when I put it in, it said it couldn't connect with the server.

I haven't gotten my game yet. Looks like it was pushed off which is understandable as I didn't order until like 9pm at night. But I don't have my $20 code yet. How much longer should I wait until getting all up on customer service? I figure the guns will be in the case or 10 days.

[quote name='Xerxes']I haven't gotten my game yet. Looks like it was pushed off which is understandable as I didn't order until like 9pm at night. But I don't have my $20 code yet. How much longer should I wait until getting all up on customer service? I figure the guns will be in the case or 10 days.[/QUOTE]
2 days I'd say, but it does say up to 10.

Code received in e-mail for RDR bonus, but not credit I don't think yet.

"How to Use Your Code:

1. Go to the main menu of the game
2. Select "Downloadable Content" in the main menu
3. Select "Press X to enter a ROCKSTAR code"
4. Enter your unique code"

Wonder if I'll get another in my game, that would be nice.

[quote name='confoosious']can someone who got their Golden Guns DLC in the form of a card for xbox post a scan of that card?

No idea how to redeem this code.

thanks[/QUOTE]

My camera's battery is charging, but here is what the card says....

1. select " downloadable content" in the main menu
2. Select " press X to enter a rockstar code"
3. Enter your Unique code

Though I think the rockstar social site is having problems right now, so it's possible the codes are not working right. I haven't tested either of my codes yet.

Heh I also just got another code via amazon email. Us People that got the cards as well got lucky it seems. Amazon email code gives the same instructions.

[quote name='matrixadw']Heh I also just got another code via amazon email. Us People that got the cards as well got lucky it seems. Amazon email code gives the same instructions.[/QUOTE]

Had you sent them an email inquiring about the code or did you just get that email without any contact with Amazon?

[quote name='dino88']Had you sent them an email inquiring about the code or did you just get that email without any contact with Amazon?[/QUOTE]

Since I got a code in the case I didn't send an email off, they sent me it without contacting them.

[quote name='matrixadw']Since I got a code in the case I didn't send an email off, they sent me it without contacting them.[/QUOTE]
Cool, I'll just wait it for it to show. Thanks

bread's done
Back