Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']Hey anyone gets an extra code from Amazon for Red Dead Redemption I will send a $5 Amazon Giftcard for it :D

( PS3 version only, sorry )[/QUOTE]

Are you praying folks don't look at ebay?

[quote name='matrixadw']

Heh I also just got another code via amazon email. Us People that got the cards as well got lucky it seems. Amazon email code gives the same instructions.[/QUOTE]

Got an email from amazon this morning with another the guns code as well.

LOL and here I thought I got my missing code email quick because of the "concerned" email I sent about a 10 day wait. Well I'm glad to see they made with the codes quick.

Walmart has added $10 gift cards with Assassins Creed: Brotherhood, Alpha Protocol, and Spec Ops: The Line. So watch for Amazon to match in awhile.

... in case anyone was waiting to purchase RDR or Alan Wake

Just checked Walmart.com and they are not offering gift cards anymore with RDR and Alan Wake.

... Amazon might also remove their gc deals for both games ...

[quote name='ezellaur']$20 video game credit is back on for RDR, plus the $5 MP3 credit.[/QUOTE]

And RDR is now $53.99 for XBox

Last edited by a moderator:
Super Mario Bros Wii is down to $34.99 with a $10 credit + $5 MP3 Credit.

Going to use my Alan Wake credit and get this down to $24.99 and get $10 back

Wife is a big spaghetti western fan but RDR wasn't on our radar until the reviews came out. Luckily after my Trauma Team promo credit came in today, I went to buy :ps3: RDR and saw that Amazon dropped the price to $56.99. So no preorder bonus (unless all the complaints make Amazon accidentally give us one, ha) but saved a couple bucks. Hopefully it ships FSSS soon, since I'm planning to redeem the $20 credit on :ps3: ModNation Racers.

[quote name='Felder71']Man, RDR for $54 + $20 VG credit - That's ridiculous. I guess I'm about to bite.[/QUOTE]

Too good to pass up, I had to bite.

[quote name='hooker with a wenis']i just got an email from amazon with the golden guns code

but my game came with a card with a golden guns code already, so i have 2

:D

no $20 GC card yet though[/QUOTE]

same here :)

[quote name='wickedasp']Still haven't gotten my RDR credit yet. What to do?[/QUOTE]
They have exactly two hours to produce mine before they're in violation of the terms. Then again, their mistakes usually work out for a double-up bonus after I e-mail them.

[quote name='sasuke543']i can't believe people are actually buying golden codes for around 30 bucks on ebay, looks like i'm gonna sell mines :D[/QUOTE]

yeah, i'll probably sell mine too. just don't be dumb and sell it for $10 and cause all the prices to drop.

[quote name='Jodou']They have exactly two hours to produce mine before they're in violation of the terms. Then again, their mistakes usually work out for a double-up bonus after I e-mail them.[/QUOTE]

Oooooh. You're so tough. Gonna stick it to the man! THEY GOT TWO HOURS DAMMIT! I'M A BIG DEAL!

Seriously though, do you look at yourself in the mirror everyday and cry? You are seriously the most pathetic person on CAG.

I couldn't resist, I picked up Trauma Team. We had RZ cert so my boyfriend bought RDR from Best Buy, and I got the Alan Wake CE for free from our roomie for my bday. What a great week so far.

[quote name='confoosious']Seriously though, do you look at yourself in the mirror everyday and cry? You are seriously the most pathetic person on CAG.[/QUOTE]
Careful, you're in danger of taking #1 fanboi status from Klim.

RAGE ME HARDER!

Ok... I see RDR on the bonus offers page but I dont see the $20 promo anywhere on the actual product page.... anyone else?

[quote name='Dogmeat26']sigh was just got out of a meeting and was gonna order RDR but the 20 dollar credit is now off amazon forit. :( oh well.[/QUOTE]

It was a bonus for pre-ordering the game I believe. Still waiting for my credit. Can't decide whether to pick up Alan Wake for cheap, or get The Saboteur for free.

Got my "Alan Wake" promo credit today, and yet no "Red Dead" credit, even though I ordered it after "RDR" had shipped already. Good news is that this seems to be a CAG-wide issue.

And yes, got the guns code.

For those who got two RDR Gun Codes, eBay $30-50 each, plus the $20 Gift Card for pre-ordering. Instead of paying $60 for RDR, it's like you've been paid $60 to play RDR. Success!

I'm looking to use my 20 dollar credit from Red Dead Redemption on the Green Day Rock Band and so in return get another 20 dollar credit.

I'm not sure if that thing's ever gonna get here though!

I preordered RDR, but ordered AW the day it came out. Already have the game credit for AW, but still waiting for the GC for RDR..

Wow, so many abbreviations.. heh..

[quote name='integrafied1']The promo for the Red Dead gift card stated that it could take up to 10 days to be emailed to you...be patient people.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it said 2 business days when I ordered Sunday night.

[quote name='-Mystery-']Actually, it said 2 business days when I ordered Sunday night.[/QUOTE]

Every time I checked it, it always read 2 days for the guns code, 10 days for the GC.

Guess they could've changed it and I missed it however.

[quote name='integrafied1']Every time I checked it, it always read 2 days for the guns code, 10 days for the GC.

Guess they could've changed it and I missed it however.[/QUOTE]

Reading the rest of their promotional offers, it says 2 business days after it ships. Doubt they'd handle this game differently than every other one with a promotional offer.

It's only been 2 days so some people need to chill a bit. Wait till like week's end before freaking out about the code. Give it some time, no reason to hit the panic button after only 2 days.

[quote name='-Mystery-']Reading the rest of their promotional offers, it says 2 business days after it ships. Doubt they'd handle this game differently than every other one with a promotional offer.

It's only been 2 days so some people need to chill a bit. Wait till like week's end before freaking out about the code. Give it some time, no reason to hit the panic button after only 2 days.[/QUOTE]

It also needs to be pointed out for the 100th time that every other game (ie Alan Wake) had a VIDEO GAME gift code associated with it, these don't take as long to give out for whatever reason.

The RDR promotion was a $20 AMAZON gift code.... a code that can be used anywhere on the site. This is probably why it takes up to 10 days.

Situation

Pre-Ordered the game off amazon, wasn't expecting it to come so soon.

Yesterday, went to toys r us without knowing about the $25 GC, because I simply didn't want to wait to play the game. If I return my sealed copy from amazon to Toys r Us, what becomes of the Gift Card?

[quote name='-Mystery-']Reading the rest of their promotional offers, it says 2 business days after it ships. Doubt they'd handle this game differently than every other one with a promotional offer.

It's only been 2 days so some people need to chill a bit. Wait till like week's end before freaking out about the code. Give it some time, no reason to hit the panic button after only 2 days.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I realize that most/all amazons' promos state 2 days, but those are promo credits, not a gift card like Red Dead was.
They may have changed it, but when I ordered it definitely read up to 10 days.

Back when I ordered GTA: episodes from liberty city, I got my shipping confrimation email on 10/28/09, but didnt get my email with the code until 11/11/09.
I only bring this up because it was a gift card as well, not a promo credit.

Anyway, I agree with you and my point was that people need to calm down and be patient

[quote name='snakeeyez101']Situation

Pre-Ordered the game off amazon, wasn't expecting it to come so soon.

Yesterday, went to toys r us without knowing about the $25 GC, because I simply didn't want to wait to play the game. If I return my sealed copy from amazon to Toys r Us, what becomes of the Gift Card?[/QUOTE]

you will either only get $35 back (+tax) and keep the gift card, or depending on toysrus' system, it might allow you to return the gift card too if it wasn't used (i kind of doubt that though since most stores don't like to refund gift cards)

[quote name='y2jasper']you will either only get $35 back (+tax) and keep the gift card, or depending on toysrus' system, it might allow you to return the gift card too if it wasn't used (i kind of doubt that though since most stores don't like to refund gift cards)[/QUOTE]

Thanks, that's what I had figured.

[quote name='JVorhees#1']Preordered RDR off Amazon and have yet to get code or credit. Has anyone else not got their code yet?[/QUOTE]

Guns code-yes
GC-no

[quote name='integrafied1']Every time I checked it, it always read 2 days for the guns code, 10 days for the GC.
[/QUOTE]

You are correct. It has always been up to 10 days for the gift card. Even Sunday night it was showing 10 days for the gift card. Im not sure what that guy read, only mention about two days was for the golden guns.

I still think everyone will receive gift cards before the 10 days, but it's crazy how some people are flipping out. People need to read the fine print better and just relax.

Obviously we all want these $20 gift cards as soon as possible, but some of the people acting all crazy about it isn't going to get them the credit sooner.

This is a partial screenshot of the RDR product page on Amazon when I placed my order this morning. Same text in my order confirmation email. $20 video game promo credit, 2 business days.

picture.php

[quote name='surak']This is a partial screenshot of the RDR product page on Amazon when I placed my order this morning. Same text in my order confirmation email. $20 video game promo credit, 2 business days.

picture.php
[/QUOTE]

This is pretty simple:

If you got 20$

GC = 10 days
Video Game credit = 2 days

(the game originally came with 25$ GC. They changed it at some point to $20 Video Game credit.)

[quote name='hooker with a wenis']i thought it was a gift card and not videogame credit.[/QUOTE]
It was and now I'm regretting not taking a screen. If they try to push a $20 game credit on me, that's a serious bait and switch since I had plans for it outside of games.

No wonder there's been so much confusion. . .

bread's done
Back