Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pjb16']I have been having them add most things to existing orders, but I usually always get my credits. I think I've only had to e-mail them about it once.
[/QUOTE]

pjb looks like you were right. i just got an automated email about my $20 credit for SMG2 and after double checking i can confirm it's in my account. odd since i know other games i've had added to existing orders didn't get credits automatically.

[quote name='Afflicted']ok.. I decided that 24 hours is long enough for them to return my email and called them about the Trauma Team credit. Had a nice CSR that couldn't find where they sent an email to me about the credit when I placed the order or when the credit went active, so she's sending it on up to the marketing.

The bad thing is tho. I can count on one had the number of emails I received about credits when I ordered or when they were added to items.

figure I'll be calling about SMG2 and modnation tomorrow and Wed.[/QUOTE]

just updating. Just got both SMG2 and Trauma Team... so took about 3 hours after I called customer service.

I would rather email than call... but the last few times I've had so much better luck with calling.

[quote name='Easystride']Is there anyway to add an item to a pre-existing order without contacting Amazon CS?[/QUOTE]

no.

[quote name='Afflicted']just updating. Just got both SMG2 and Trauma Team... so took about 3 hours after I called customer service.

I would rather email than call... but the last few times I've had so much better luck with calling.[/QUOTE]

I just got my SMG2 code as well - so maybe they sent out a batch this evening despite your call ;).

[quote name='io']I just got my SMG2 code as well - so maybe they sent out a batch this evening despite your call ;).[/QUOTE]

hehe yeah... didn't ask about the SMG one... the trauma team was almost a week late tho... so thinking that was due to the call.

[quote name='y2jasper']pjb looks like you were right. i just got an automated email about my $20 credit for SMG2 and after double checking i can confirm it's in my account. odd since i know other games i've had added to existing orders didn't get credits automatically.[/QUOTE]
I got the SMG2 credit just a moment ago as well. I'm still holding out hope for PoP though, and obviously Red Dead Redemption.

[quote name='confoosious']the outpouring of complaints is mostly by a bunch of crybaby whiners who can't count to 10 and who can't read.

Red Dead credit says 10 days - people start crying about it on day 1 because "in the past" amazon sent it more quickly.

SMG2 just released YESTERDAY and most people are getting their credit today.

Sometimes Amazon drops the price of a game after it's released. Oooooh what shenanigans. This shit happens people. It's called a SALE. It's not like for most of the games Amazon doesn't already give a sweet preorder bonus.

And, I have yet to see where Amazon has not honored exactly what they promised to deliver. It's just that people see RDR with a $20 GC/VCG for $60 then see it down to $50 without any credit and want BOTH the $50 price and the $20 credit. This isn't Amazon's problem. This is a crybaby consumer problem.[/QUOTE]

Name calling tsk tsk not nice, quite honestly its just annoying when you get the credit for the other games but not for this one. actually got the screenshot from 4/27/10 showing 2 days for the gift card and 10 days for the guns. Ironically got the code for the guns e-mailed to me day the game shipped but the GC credit is still MIA :p

Alan Wake credit
SMG2 credit
PoP and RDR ::sounds of empty::

BTW there was no SC:C pre-order gaming credit offer :( just the co-op mode

Looks like Green Day RB is about to change from a $20 GC to a $10 GC. The main icon is now $10 but the special offer text is $20 and when you preorder, it still states a $20 credit. So now is the time to jump just in case!

[quote name='KingKhoiCorp']Does the Red Dead gift card have an expiration date? Or does it even?[/QUOTE]
Email doesn't list one.

thanks guys, was about to call amazon to ask about my RDR credit, but I saw the recent posts and realized that they had sent me the email a half hour ago! :D

Looks like I'll be getting Green Day Rock Band on release day for $57 - $40 credit from SMG2 and RDR, and then an additional $20 game credit to put towards singularity. Suweeet.

There, the fucking RDR credit is in my inbox, and since it's a true gift card credit, it has a 16 digit code to input. BET THAT TOOK A BIT LONGER TO GET IN ORDER FOR EVERYONE IF IT WAS A MASSIVE PRE-ORDER SHIPMENT. Are we all happy now? Pretty positive this never expires.

Even for those of us who ordered Green Day rock band back when both the image and the special offer description both showed $20 video games credit, I'm not sure if we'll get $20 instead of $10.

Amazon states, "Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time."

So they have the right to stop offering the bonus, but do they have the right to not give the bonus to those who made the preorder during the time when the special offer was valid?

[quote name='Armor42']Even for those of us who ordered Green Day rock band back when both the image and the special offer description both showed $20 video games credit, I'm not sure if we'll get $20 instead of $10.

Amazon states, "Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time."

So they have the right to stop offering the bonus, but do they have the right to not give the bonus to those who made the preorder during the time when the special offer was valid?[/QUOTE]
If it was bumped up to $20 dollars credit that is what you will get. And that stuff about them reserving the right to change or terminate has always been on all of these game credit promotions and they haven't taken them off, well at least the pre-order ones.

[quote name='heybtbm']I'd bet Amazon's new plan is to hold promotional credits to prevent people from using them on big titles that release close to each other. They want you to use the credits on old games/existing stock...not new games that you'll be more likely to pay full price for. Super Mario Galaxy 2 hits today. I'd bet be we all get our RDR $20 credits tomorrow now that the SMG2 $20 pre-order credit is over.

Nothing new here. Just a simple, time tested business tactic at work.[/QUOTE]

You called it!

I planned to use it towards Mario or UFC, but of course they wait until both of the pre-order promotions for those two games are up before giving me the credit. Oh well, I'll put it towards Madden or something.

Got a reply from Amazon again this morning, and it seems no go still on the PoP credit. I did still get the SMG2 credit and RDR gift card though, so I don't feel nearly as bad about the whole ordeal.

Strangely enough I got a e-mail this morning about promotional credit recently being offered to those who bought split/second (and they were writing me because I had ordered the game), then it went on to say the credit would be added 2 days after shipping. But I have to imagine it's a mistake since I already got the credit for split/second (and there was no extra credit in my account).

Same here, RDR $20 credit received.

Now I don't know what to get. UFC 2010 still has the $10GC, but the exclusive DLC is no longer available.

I almost want to get SMG2 for the $20 credit even though I don't have a Wii...yet.

[quote name='Xealot42']Got my RDR gift card this morning as well. Doesn't seem to have an expiration date. Now to wait for the Alpha Protocol reviews.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, I wouldn't expect much from this game. The premise for the game is awesome, unfortunately it was poorly executed from my standpoint.

From many gameplay videos, it doesn't look good. And I don't just mean visuals...which ironically the game was developed using UE3, which is capable of producing outstanding visuals. But the dialogue sounds hokey, some of the character voices are off, the A.I. is there, but what is there is completely laughable. The character customization options seem tacked on...kind of like putting on party favors instead of actual disguises that suit the character and theme. Animations are stiff (the sneak animation...I am just lost for words), the controls seem clunky and jerky.

Here, I'll let you decide on your own, but notice the disparaging comments at the end of this 1up video. Not good.

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/29330

Last edited by a moderator:
Gift card for RDR received as well. I'd be willing to wait a week or even two if Amazon would always issue gift cards instead of the usual video game credits. Way more convenient (can apply it easily to existing pre-orders) and useful since it can be used on anything.

got my RDR gift cert and my AW $10 credit to order Singularity to get another $20 credit. Will probably use that credit to preorder Mafia II.. :)

You know for everyone who was complaining about the RDR credit not getting here in 2 days, and who now are OVERJOYED at the fact that it's a $20 gift card instead of the video game credit..... :wall:

It really shows how many people actually DON'T read a single post in this thread. This little fact was pointed out by myself and numerous others throughout the thread, starting last Tuesday. Patience and awareness - they go a long way.

just my frustrated $.02 from this thread.

Pretty sketchy of Amazon to wait til a majority of promos are over to issue those gift cards. Hopefully they don't make a habit of holding our credit hostage in the future.

I just wanted to put out there that when you go to Amazon Green Day Rock Band now says it only offers a 10 dollar credit, but at the confirmation page for the order it says it's still 20, so anyone deterred by that factor should jump still (although I am sure most people aren't buying it for other reasons).

Cost 45 to get it to my door on June 8th and I get another 20 dollar credit! Freakin' SWEET!

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']I just wanted to put out there that when you go to Amazon Green Day Rock Band now says it only offers a 10 dollar credit, but at the confirmation page for the order it says it's still 20, so anyone deterred by that factor should jump still (although I am sure most people aren't buying it for other reasons).

Cost 45 to get it to my door on June 8th and I get another 20 dollar credit! Freakin' SWEET![/QUOTE]

Yep, still says you get $20 during checkout. Got one thanks :)

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']I just wanted to put out there that when you go to Amazon Green Day Rock Band now says it only offers a 10 dollar credit, but at the confirmation page for the order it says it's still 20, so anyone deterred by that factor should jump still (although I am sure most people aren't buying it for other reasons).

Cost 45 to get it to my door on June 8th and I get another 20 dollar credit! Freakin' SWEET![/QUOTE]

I was concerned about that. Just placed my order and it says I got the $20 credit. Thanks.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Sadly, I wouldn't expect much from this game. The premise for the game is awesome, unfortunately it was poorly executed from my standpoint.

From many gameplay videos, it doesn't look good. And I don't just mean visuals...which ironically the game was developed using UE3, which is capable of producing outstanding visuals. But the dialogue sounds hokey, some of the character voices are off, the A.I. is there, but what is there is completely laughable. The character customization options seem tacked on...kind of like putting on party favors instead of actual disguises that suit the character and theme. Animations are stiff (the sneak animation...I am just lost for words), the controls seem clunky and jerky.

Here, I'll let you decide on your own, but notice the disparaging comments at the end of this 1up video. Not good.

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/29330[/QUOTE]
Thanks, this really changed my mind and I cancelled my pre-order. I will wait for this one to hit the bargin bin...which shouldnt take to long.

I know this is a little irrelavant, but this seems to be the place to post about Amazon complaints. Anyone notice how long it takes for them to ship items out nowdays? I understand that if you order FSSS it will take 5-9 days to get to your house, but there is no reason it should take almost a week for your item to ship if it's in stock. I had a book ordered last week and it still hadn't shipped out so I cancelled my order and placed it with Barnes and Nobles instead. I used to love Amazon, but they are really starting to fall second to GS and other retailers with their customer service.

[quote name='Jodou']Pretty sketchy of Amazon to wait til a majority of promos are over to issue those gift cards. Hopefully they don't make a habit of holding our credit hostage in the future.[/QUOTE]

:wall:

Damn Amazon! Assuming their customers know how to read.

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']I know this is a little irrelavant, but this seems to be the place to post about Amazon complaints. Anyone notice how long it takes for them to ship items out nowdays? I understand that if you order FSSS it will take 5-9 days to get to your house, but there is no reason it should take almost a week for your item to ship if it's in stock. I had a book ordered last week and it still hadn't shipped out so I cancelled my order and placed it with Barnes and Nobles instead. I used to love Amazon, but they are really starting to fall second to GS and other retailers with their customer service.[/QUOTE]
Uh oh. Don't let confooscious hear your complaining about FSSS. ;)

That said, I understand that Amazon now prioritizes orders where the customer pays for shipping or Prime. I was spoiled before because - for years - FSSS used to get to me in 2-3 days. (And I often got DVDs and games on or before release day before 'release date delivery' existed as an option.) Then, about a year ago, they changed their distribution and FSSS started taking forever.

I get that they are a business and want me to purchase their services. On the other hand, where I used to order almost everything from them, I now will order stuff from Newegg even if Newegg is a couple bucks more because the shipping is blazing fast like Amazon used to be.

I still think their customer service is second to none and these pre-order credits usually rock, but shipping (and the removal of their 'post-order price guarantee') make me do more deal shopping whereas before Amazon was pretty much the only place for me.

bread's done
Back