Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='y2jasper']not really on topic..but is anyone else having problems with amazon's site right now? it doesn't show anything in stock..at all, and most pages are showing up blank..[/QUOTE]

yeah, it's all f'ed up.

Good to know about Amazon, I was thinking I'd missed the deal and that it somehow deleted everything in my cart as well. Hope they get it straightened out soon.

[quote name='USB Cable']The site is back up now but Metroid isn't up for pre-order. I'm sure they just need time to fix things though.[/QUOTE]

It was kind of working for a minute or so but is messed up again. I'm sure they will have it fixed by end of tonight.

Green Day: Rock Band is $10 not $20(I just checked)
I still might get GDRB+ so I can take that $10 off of P3P for next week.

Hmm… damn it, IDK anymore.

[quote name='confoosious']I think I speak for the majority of people in this thread when I say: you're an idiot.

-----

anyway, my comic book is a little bent out of shape. Anyone else have that problem? I was expecting a box but they shipped these things in a padded mailer.[/QUOTE]

My package was shipped inside a padded mailer inside a box. It seemed overboard but everything was in great condition.

yeah, there was a MAJOR glitch in the video games section that they're probably rushing to fix. Like, way more insane than the $0.28 XBL points or the instant $20 GC with Reach LEgendary. Surprised it didn't break on CAG. Lots of people made out well.

[quote name='ninja dog']yeah, there was a MAJOR glitch in the video games section that they're probably rushing to fix. Like, way more insane than the $0.28 XBL points or the instant $20 GC with Reach LEgendary. Surprised it didn't break on CAG. Lots of people made out well.[/QUOTE]

well you cant say this without further details.

well since they're losing tons of money today by the db being hosed, I would expect they don't honor any glitched orders. Unless the items were digitial?

[quote name='gotop90']you would be surprised if you use the credit before you return the item then i don't think they could take it back[/QUOTE]

Get a fucking job.

There's cheapass and then there's bitchass.

I'm defiantly in for Metroid Other M. I hope Amazon will give good trade-in credit for first two weeks like Mario Galaxy 2. I was able to gain more credit than I spent. I'm still a little hesitant to pull the trigger. I have a gut feeling Gamestop might match the deal with some stack able codes.

[quote name='ninja dog']yeah, there was a MAJOR glitch in the video games section that they're probably rushing to fix. Like, way more insane than the $0.28 XBL points or the instant $20 GC with Reach LEgendary. Surprised it didn't break on CAG. Lots of people made out well.[/QUOTE]
Looks like it didn't break anywhere since it wasn't on my radar but I'll guess that they fucked up with the credits again and gave them out for every order, even the same customer. All I know is I'm trying to cancel Crackdown 2 and can't because the site has been down half the day.

[quote name='Jodou']Looks like it didn't break anywhere since it wasn't on my radar. All I know is I'm trying to cancel Crackdown 2 and can't because the site has been down half the day.[/QUOTE]

yeah, i guess this one didn't get to forums, which is shocking.

and no, they're not cancelling orders, people have had some huge orders ship already.

[quote name='ninja dog']yeah, i guess this one didn't get to forums, which is shocking.

and no, they're not cancelling orders, people have had some huge orders ship already.[/QUOTE]
Wonder if anyone will get banned this time.

[quote name='dino88']I just hope my cart is fixed. I had a ton of stuff in there that I've been watching and now I only have 3-4 items.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

[quote name='sasuke543']Does anyone know when that $20 credit from SMG2 expires? I don't want to end up wasting it! Thanks :)[/QUOTE]
Unless my memory is playing tricks on me, I think it expires on July 31.

Okay so i preordered Madden NFL 11 for :ps3: on April 5th. I noticed that they took the $20 gaming credit off for the :ps3: version of the game.

What the fuck was that?!?! Does this mean that i got fucking shafted off my $20 gaming credit?

Same question for the promotional $5 MP3 credit that was included in my CoD: Black Ops order. They fuck ing took that off too. :evil:

im a potty mouth :censored: im not as mad as it seems :bouncy:

[quote name='seattlezfunk']Okay so i preordered Madden NFL 11 for :ps3: on April 5th. I noticed that they took the $20 gaming credit off for the :ps3: version of the game.

What the fuck was that?!?! Does this mean that i got fucking shafted off my $20 gaming credit?

Same question for the promotional $5 MP3 credit that was included in my CoD: Black Ops order. They fuck ing took that off too. :evil:

im a potty mouth :censored: im not as mad as it seems :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

If you order any game during the time they are offering the credit you should receive it even if they stop offering it after you've ordered.

I pre-ordered Lego Harry Potter (Nintendo DS) and I receive my 10 credit. Now they're saying "Order Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 and get $10 off a future video game purchase." It means I can order again and receive another $10 credit?

[quote name='fatbeer']I'm defiantly in for Metroid Other M. I hope Amazon will give good trade-in credit for first two weeks like Mario Galaxy 2. I was able to gain more credit than I spent. I'm still a little hesitant to pull the trigger. I have a gut feeling Gamestop might match the deal with some stack able codes.[/QUOTE]

I did precisely the same thing. Bought Galaxy 2, didn't enjoy it enough to keep it at the original price. Sold it back. With the trade in credit, 20 dollar credit, and low price, I /made/ money by trying the game out.

The same thing occurred with Red Dead Redemption, which I finished and traded in to Amazon.

I think I'll take a chance on Metroid as well. I wasn't terribly sure about the game, but this is an excellent way to 'rent' a game to see if you like it.

I really hope Amazon issues an apology or something. I don't remember everything that was in my cart but I sure as hell left items there for a reason.

CheapyD needs to get in contact with his Amazon contact for us.

[quote name='y2jasper']yeah customer service can be kind of flaky but they eventually get the job done.

the first email i sent, the person didn't understand the problem and sent me the demolisher code again. the second email never got a reply, so 24 hours later i sent a third one and this representative sent me a $10 code.[/QUOTE]
I got an email saying they gave me the credit this morning after my 3rd email to them. Now I have a feeling I'll be contacting them to get my Lego Harry Potter credit.

Speaking of which, has anyone received their $10 credit for Lego Harry Potter yet? It says 2 days after it ships which should be today or tomorrow for most of us.

[quote name='cyphen']If you order any game during the time they are offering the credit you should receive it even if they stop offering it after you've ordered.[/QUOTE]
Thanks bro. I appreciate that. Hopefully they dont forget about my credit :roll:

Got my HP and Singularity credit yesterday (before UPS even delivered the games)

Now when are they going to match walmart on NCAA 2011 $20 offer

[quote name='spaztic']waiting for a bonus $20 on Kirby's Epic Yarn
anyone know of anything on the new Kirby Wii?[/QUOTE]

Other than watching demo's from e3 that's all we'll probably hear about the game til a month before it's released.

It's made by Good Feel. (Developer who made Warioland: Shake it)

You can't die (at least in the demos)

Instead of classic inhale and floating mechanic for platforming you have a similar transformation structure to that of a Boy and his Blob.

Expected in October.

[quote name='FurryCurry']I really hope Amazon issues an apology or something. I don't remember everything that was in my cart but I sure as hell left items there for a reason.

CheapyD needs to get in contact with his Amazon contact for us.[/QUOTE]

My "saved for later" cart was empty for a couple of days, but as of 6/30/2010, its got the stuff I saved again. Curiously, it says all of them were added, as of 6/30 even though I've been listing things there for a lot longer than that (of course), so it looks like they had a database failure and then pulled a backup to restore them.

Just glad they restored them (or most of them, how would i remember if they did every SINGLE one?). I use that to track things I want to buy but not at the price they're currently at. ;)

[quote name='osuzoo08']I still have not received my $10 credit for lego harry potter. I pre ordered that game back in May.[/QUOTE]
Wingardium creditiso!

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Just glad they restored them (or most of them, how would i remember if they did every SINGLE one?). I use that to track things I want to buy but not at the price they're currently at. ;)[/QUOTE]I do the same exact thing and go into my cart a few times a day to see price fluctuations. I do not like when prices go up. They should always go down! :bouncy:

Why don't you just create a wishlist AND keep them in your cart?

I keep a wishlist for upcoming games I want.

But I also have a wishlist for 'other' stuff I'm watching in addition to my cart; it's weird, but I never expect the 'save for later' to actual save until I buy -- a lot of sites empty the carts after a certain amount of time.

In either case, in for LA Noire and LBP2. Hoping they add a pre-order for LBP2, but if not, I still can't resist.

I mark items as "save for later" in my cart so I can track price changes over time. I keep items in my wish list in case they ever get deleted from my cart, which happened the other day. I just like to have some idea if the price is falling on something I've had my eye on for awhile.

[quote name='osuzoo08']I still have not received my $10 credit for lego harry potter. I pre ordered that game back in May.[/QUOTE]

I had pre-ordered it back in like January and didn't get the credit either. I e-mailed them this morning and they issued me a $10 credit, you may want to give that a try.

[quote name='findthedeal24']I mark items as "save for later" in my cart so I can track price changes over time. I keep items in my wish list in case they ever get deleted from my cart, which happened the other day. I just like to have some idea if the price is falling on something I've had my eye on for awhile.[/QUOTE]

Bingo.

Still waiting for my $20 for Singularity. Anyone else in the same boat? I see one person above already received theirs.

Then again, we may have been the only 2 people to actually pre-order Singularity.

bread's done
Back