Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Moravagine']Still waiting for my $20 for Singularity. Anyone else in the same boat? I see one person above already received theirs.

Then again, we may have been the only 2 people to actually pre-order Singularity.[/QUOTE]

I received mine. You should email them.

As far as the pre-order, free Prototype + $20 was hard to pass up. I had been thinking about buying Prototype anyway, so I'll pretty much make money on this deal after I finish Singularity this weekend and trade it back in.

Excuse me for not reading this book of a thread beforehand but I hope it doesn't hurt to say Metroid: Other M is now release date delivery eligible.

[quote name='Moravagine']Still waiting for my $20 for Singularity. Anyone else in the same boat? I see one person above already received theirs.

Then again, we may have been the only 2 people to actually pre-order Singularity.[/QUOTE]

I got mine the same day it was delivered. Actually got it before I got the game.

[quote name='primalcarnage']I got mine the same day it was delivered. Actually got it before I got the game.[/QUOTE]

I got my code in email as well. Kinda miffed that it expires in like two months.

Also, RE: the "free" copy of Prototype- should I be pissed that it costs $5 (S&H)?

Metroid showed up in my Gold Box. I hardly pre-order but I jumped on it because of the $20 coupon with order, the $10 coupon in my cart that expires soon and since I'm a huge sucker for 2.5 D gameplay. Really hope the game is worth it.

[quote name='tony72']
Also, RE: the "free" copy of Prototype- should I be pissed that it costs $5 (S&H)?[/QUOTE]

The game is free, they need to pay to get it to you. $5 is a little bit on the high side for shipping costs, but most 'free' offers for things include a shipping cost.

Hello everyone, I have a couple of questions about trading in games to Amazon for gift cards that hopefully some of you can help me with.

Is it acceptable to ship my games in a padded envelope? On their site they don't make it clear if you need to use a box or an envelope. Also, I'm shipping 3 games in one package.

And, do i just drop this package somewhere or do I need to go into a store? Because I always see a UPS drop off outside of my post office and it looks like you can just drop packages there.

Thanks for any help

grabbed metroid other m after seeing it in my gold box, got it free using the gift card balances I have. Cant wait until its out.

so if i preorder a game with $10 credit bonus, and another game (different title) also offering $10 credit bonus, do i get the second $10 bonus ? or is it limited to 1 per house hold only

[quote name='yudiat2505']so if i preorder a game with $10 credit bonus, and another game (different title) also offering $10 credit bonus, do i get the second $10 bonus ? or is it limited to 1 per house hold only[/QUOTE]

You will get both credits. They are limited to 1 per account/household (depending on the terms) per game.

[quote name='SMITTYBLAZE']Hello everyone, I have a couple of questions about trading in games to Amazon for gift cards that hopefully some of you can help me with.

Is it acceptable to ship my games in a padded envelope? On their site they don't make it clear if you need to use a box or an envelope. Also, I'm shipping 3 games in one package.

And, do i just drop this package somewhere or do I need to go into a store? Because I always see a UPS drop off outside of my post office and it looks like you can just drop packages there.

Thanks for any help[/QUOTE]
Yes, you can ship in a padded envelope. And, yes, you can drop in a UPS drop box.

[quote name='kynetarse']I received mine. You should email them.

As far as the pre-order, free Prototype + $20 was hard to pass up. I had been thinking about buying Prototype anyway, so I'll pretty much make money on this deal after I finish Singularity this weekend and trade it back in.[/QUOTE]

I sent an email two days ago and another today but have not received a response.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Just got my $10 Crackdown 2 credit this morning.[/QUOTE]
WTF, how? It's not even out yet. Lol, did they glitch pre-order credit AGAIN?

Just tried ordering one and didn't get the credit. :\

[quote name='Jodou']WTF, how? It's not even out yet. Lol, did they glitch pre-order credit AGAIN?

Just tried ordering one and didn't get the credit. :\[/QUOTE]

The credits usually go out after the game ships right? My copy went into shipping yesterday , and I too got my credit this morning. Same thing happened with Mario Galaxy 2. Game shipped saturday , got credit sunday.

[quote name='Jodou']WTF, how? It's not even out yet. Lol, did they glitch pre-order credit AGAIN?

Just tried ordering one and didn't get the credit. :\[/QUOTE]
Nomally my release day delivery orders ship out on Monday, but for some reason this one shipped out yesterday. I think that is why I got is so early

[quote name='StarKnightX']The credits usually go out after the game ships right? My copy went into shipping yesterday , and I too got my credit this morning. Same thing happened with Mario Galaxy 2. Game shipped saturday , got credit sunday.[/QUOTE]
How bizarre; guess the holiday weekend made them ship early.

[quote name='blackwaltz34']hopefully metroid's credit lasts until the end of october and amazon matches toysrus' b2g1 sale again

that would be awesome[/QUOTE]

I give that a .01% odds of happening :)

[quote name='Vortextk']Damnit, item hit shipping soon but I need to cancel it. Do I need to wait till I receive it I guess?[/QUOTE]
Sometimes if you call, they can still cancel, I think.

[quote name='Lucian']Sometimes if you call, they can still cancel, I think.[/QUOTE]Nope. Once it's in the shipping process, it's beyond their control to stop it from shipping.

[quote name='shrike4242']Nope. Once it's in the shipping process, it's beyond their control to stop it from shipping.[/QUOTE]

i got prime thursday and hit 2 day one click shipping instead of add to cart for 2 days.

item said shipping soon... went into chat and they were able to cancell the item

BUT this was within 2 to 3 mins of the order

[quote name='Vortextk']Damnit, item hit shipping soon but I need to cancel it. Do I need to wait till I receive it I guess?[/QUOTE]
Forget to cancel Crackdown 2? ;)

When I did that for WKC, I just received and returned it with 'missed delivery date' as the reason so as to avoid shipping costs. Easy as pie.

[quote name='slidecage']i got prime thursday and hit 2 day one click shipping instead of add to cart for 2 days.

item said shipping soon... went into chat and they were able to cancell the item

BUT this was within 2 to 3 mins of the order[/QUOTE]All that happened at that point was that the order was transmitted to the warehouse to start getting packed and shipped.

From what Vortextk said, it's pretty clear he had an order out there for a while as a pre-order and it was pretty much gone to shipping and out the door at the point he commented about it.

You were lucky you could get it canceled when you did, since I've been told repeatedly and often that once the order is in the "Shipping Soon" state, it's not able to be canceled.

God damn that's a nice deal for metroid. I would buy it but my last two gaming purchases from Amazon got lost in the mail so I guess I will have to pass in fear of it happening again :bomb:

[quote name='Jodou']Forget to cancel Crackdown 2? ;)

When I did that for WKC, I just received and returned it with 'missed delivery date' as the reason so as to avoid shipping costs. Easy as pie.[/QUOTE]

It's on expertzone for 20 bucks, no ECA order can do that to a brand new game.

[quote name='Vortextk']It's on expertzone for 20 bucks, no ECA order can do that to a brand new game.[/QUOTE]
It gets close though; $30 if you include the $10 back. Hell, you could probably sell the retarded Amazon DLC for $100 with all these idiots on eBay.

[quote name='Jodou']It gets close though; $30 if you include the $10 back. Hell, you could probably sell the retarded Amazon DLC for $100 with all these idiots on eBay.[/QUOTE]
Yep, I sold my extra Golden Guns code on Ebay for $25. It was auction-style with a $24.99 Buy It Now option. I couldn't believe that someone would really pay $25 for that silly DLC. I wished I would've check Ebay prices before redeeming my code. :lol:

Actually 25. I got them to drop the price on mine to 50 when it hit that for like a few hours weeks ago. 50-15-10. That's still 35 upfront and I'd just use the code on a $10 psn card, which I don't need at all right now. I work at blockbuster so hours and shifts are suddenly very hard to come by =P

And WTF maybe I should've e-mailed them lastnight when I thought about it, the thing still hasn't shipped. Is the code for the extras an e-mail? Maybe I'd still get it. Wasn't planning on ripping off amazon, any more...., but I'm not sure if you can "return" a dlc code lol. Definitely not touching the $10 code.

[quote name='Vortextk']Actually 25. I got them to drop the price on mine to 50 when it hit that for like a few hours weeks ago.[/QUOTE]
Lol, that was a 3rd party seller that had it for $50 AFAIK; GG Amazon, that's why we love you.

I've been doing the same thing with these dumb credits, dumping them into PSN cards. I have like five now and nothing to buy with it. Too bad we never got the Demon's Souls dynamic theme. . .

[quote name='Vortextk']It's on expertzone for 20 bucks, no ECA order can do that to a brand new game.[/QUOTE]

What are the chances expertzone will have Halo Reach that soon? I just started doing so it so I may consider canceling my Halo Reach pre-order from Amazon.com

Received the Crackdown 2 dlc code this morning. The additional suit colors are cool, they should have included it with all copies of the game.

Still waiting on the $10 credit.

[quote name='C0V3RT']My preorder of Crackdown 2 came and they sent me two copies. Does that count as a game deal? ;)[/QUOTE]
They did that to me with Halo Wars (Collector's Edition to boot). After verifying I only was charged once and fighting with my conscience, I called them. The customer service person ended up telling me to keep the extra copy.

I guess this is as good as place as any to ask since its all amazon talk anyhow... but did anyone screenshot amazon this morning when Crackdown 2 was 39.99?

I know it was at that price at some point because I checked online while at work (via phone) at about 3 AM CST and it was 39.99. (Dell's price... Now its back to the amazon normal.)

I'm just trying to figure how much they owe me as I've had the game preordered since 2009 (ECA code) and my base price was still 59.99 all this time. (I know it was at least 55.99 for awhile there.)

[quote name='Lucian']They did that to me with Halo Wars (Collector's Edition to boot). After verifying I only was charged once and fighting with my conscience, I called them. The customer service person ended up telling me to keep the extra copy.[/QUOTE]
Yea, I got sent someone else's stuff one time (box was addressed to me, but no the packing slip inside). The CS just told me to keep it though because they had no way to process a return (they sent me my stuff again after verifying what I got was a real order though) that wasn't my stuff. Actually they told me to either throw it away or keep it. :lol:

Still waiting on my Singularity $20 credit from last week. I've now sent two emails and have not gotten a response.

This is very odd since Amazon usually responds promptly. Perhaps their refund department was closed for an extended holiday break? Anyone else able to contact them recently regarding one of these refunds?

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']I guess this is as good as place as any to ask since its all amazon talk anyhow... but did anyone screenshot amazon this morning when Crackdown 2 was 39.99?[/QUOTE]
Sure that wasn't a 3rd party? Lowest I've seen was $50. :\

[quote name='lordopus99']Now if only they would give a credit for the keyboard bundle...[/QUOTE]
I'm holding out for a bundle with all instruments and a credit :p might be awhile

[quote name='Jodou']Sure that wasn't a 3rd party? Lowest I've seen was $50. :\[/QUOTE]

I was on my phone... so anything is possible but I checked when I got home (basically, when typing the above) and it was the same 55.99 that 'real' amazon website had.

Dell, did have crackdown for 39.99 and I doubt I was the only one that pointed it out to amazon... Maybe they price and then realized that maybe they shouldn't...

50 bucks wouldn't be bad... Any idea what day and date that was on?

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']I was on my phone... so anything is possible but I checked when I got home (basically, when typing the above) and it was the same 55.99 that 'real' amazon website had.

Dell, did have crackdown for 39.99 and I doubt I was the only one that pointed it out to amazon... Maybe they price and then realized that maybe they shouldn't...

50 bucks wouldn't be bad... Any idea what day and date that was on?[/QUOTE]

Sometime in April, I think. Ordered mine on March 29th. I can't do any better than that, but I know some people snagged it for like $45 as part of gold box quick picks while it was $49.99. Someone who did that might be better able to pinpoint the date.

[quote name='lilman']Received the Crackdown 2 dlc code this morning. The additional suit colors are cool, they should have included it with all copies of the game.

Still waiting on the $10 credit.[/QUOTE]

Same for me.

bread's done
Back